[F01 - SP] First time out of Town, let's get fishing <<Earning a Living: Fisher>> CLOSED

Spoiler

Quest Rewards: 

• 300 Experience Points
  • <<Fisher>> Profession
  • A Gleaming Scale
    • May only be acquired once. Players are ineligible for this reward if they have already completed the Forager quest.
  • All Gathered Materials

Requirements:

• Roleplay the following:
    • Talking to Anthony.
    • Receiving Anthony's <<Bless Bait>>.
    • Using the special bait to locate and acquire a Gleaming Scale.
    • Bringing the scale back to Anthony, and returning the bait.
  • Search for a Gleaming Scale.
    • The gleaming scale is located on fishing rolls of LD: 15+ CD: 6+.
    • You may keep all non-scale materials that you find (CD: 8+).
    • Specify in the Roll Purpose that you are fishing.

Three days had gone by since Kana had bought all those fancy items and had wanted to start his adventure, but the day after, he had woken up and felt kind of ill. He didn't really understand it, as it had seemed there wasn't anything like illnesses in the game. At least not without getting them from some monster or what not. So he had stayed in the tavern he had rented a room, lay in bed and dreamed about the amazing adventure he could now go on. The day after it had been better, but he still wasn't feeling to well, but by then he had realized it was fear and not some illness. What would happen, if he went out of town and some Monster simply killed him. He didn't want to become one of those lost to the game. 

With this knowledge he spent the day walking around town and gathering information, finding out where there were monsters and where he could go while being relatively save. After talking to players and NPCs alike, he had enough infos to decide what to do, and he planned the adventure lying ahead. He would leave the town through the western gate and follow the path until he would be close to the nearest big lake. From there he would leave the path and do some exploring and once he felt save enough in the environment, he could do some weapon training, finding out how all of the fighting would work.

Wordcount: 251

Stats

Spoiler

Kanaoki| Lv. 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Equipped Items:

• Monarch | Tier 1 Perfect Two-Handed Straight Sword | DAMAGE II | ACC I
  • Tough Armor | Tier 1 Rare Heavy Armor | MIT II
  • Crystal | Tier 1 Perfect Trinket | LD +3

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

• Straight Sword | RANK 1/5

Edited by Kanaoki

It was really early when Kana woke up. The sun hadn't even risen, but there was enough light to see already, so he didn't waste any more time and left the tavern he stayed in. Once he was out in town, he noticed that there were little to no NPCs and other players awake already, but he knew the bakery he was getting his breakfast from would be open, so he headed there. The Smell of freshly baked bread could be perceived before he rounded the corner, and his stomach grumbled once.
The moment the corner lay behind him, he saw the sign that looked like a loaf of bread and underneath the baker he had gotten used to waved at him. "Good Morning Max, give me two of your rolls, and a loaf of bread for later" he greeted the man and placed his order, that was accepted with a warm smile. Then the food went into Kanas inventory and he bid goodbye and made his way to the western gate. 

The gate was already open, and he could see the plains slowly highlighted by the light of a rising sun. His mind went to all that he had learned and planned, and he made big step, leaving the savezone he had never left before.

Wordcount: 216

Outside the Town of Beginnings the Air somehow seemed to be fresher and Kana took a deep breath, before he cautiously checked his gear. The newly bought heavy armor covered most of his body, only showing his head and the backside of his legs. It felt heavy, but he could move normally and it wasn't nearly as restricting as he had thought. If this would keep true, when he was doing sporty stuff like swinging a sword was to be seen. With the armor equipped he quickly looked down and saw both the blue sapphire in the hilt of his sword sparkle in the sunlight, as well as the blue crystal trinket he wore on a leather ribbon hanging from his belt. 

He was good to go, and slowly made his way towards the glistening Lake he had chosen to be his destination for his first trip out of town. On the meadows covering the flats and hills around the town, he could see wild boars, but he made sure to stay far out of their aggro range, and none of them noticed him walking by. He picked one of the rolls he had bought earlier from his inventory and took a bite, sighing as the nice smell lead to nothing but stale taste of nothingness he had grown used to. 

Wordcount: 221

Once Kana had reached the turn in the road that lead away from the Lake he was walking towards, he left the path and his thoughts began spinning. What if something attacked him out here was the most prevalent question, that made his mind wander and dream up scenes of brutal battle with him winning and losing, or him running from what ever monster he could imagine. But there  was nothing attacking him, and soon he returned to slowly walking forward.

When the Lake was closer, he could make out a shack of some kind, maybe housing a boat, or someone using the lake? It didn't take long for him to learn that it was a fishing shack that indeed houses a NPC living there. The man raised his hand and greeted Kana way before he could really see who this was, but once he was close enough the man looked him up and down and started talking. "Anthony Gill, at your service," he announced, executing a quick bow. "Let me guess, you were looking for someone old, with a long white beard, and a pipe?" Waggling his eyebrows, the man added, "Sorry to disappoint. Now, what can I do for you?"  Kana was surprised by this man, and it took a few seconds before he could respond. "Well, I'm Kanaoki, or Kana if you want. And I wan't looking for anyone, didn't even know there were people out here. But it seems you are a fisher, and I'd like to hear about that."  Anthony flashed that million-watt smile. "I am honored you would come to me for help. Since we're friends, I'll let you in on a little secret." Reaching into his pocket, Anthony draws out a small tin, then offers it to you. "This is a special bait, because a local priest prays over it in a top-secret ceremony.  I'm the only one in the world who has it, so don't bother looking for it anywhere else. If you use it, you'll catch the rare any mysterious Rainbow Fish, which you can harvest for Gleaming Scales. Catch the fish, bring me a scale, and you'll know all there is to know about fishing."
The NPC instantly offering him a quest was nothing he had expected, but then again he hadn't headed out of town, so maybe that was what most of them did in the wilderness? He wondered, but of course Kana took the <<Bless Bait>> and replied "This wasn't what I expected, but I will take the bait, and I'll start fishing for that mysterious Rainbow Fish."

Wordcount: 242

Edited by Kanaoki

With the <<Bless Bait>> in his inventory Kana waved the young fisherman goodbye and made his way to the lake just to notice he had forgotten to ask for a fishing rod. He was sure it would be possible to just use the bait somehow, but that would be strange to him. He had done some fishing in the real world, so he knew the basics and he would use this knowledge now. 
He was on his way back to Anthony when he notices a rack of simple fishing rods next to the shack and without further asking he grabbed one and wasn't really surprised when the popup appeared in front of him and asked, if he really wanted to take one <<novice fishing rod>> . He quickly pressed the accept button and the fishing rod disappeared into his inventory.

With a grin on his face he walked over to the lake, looked for a comfortable place to sit down and opened the inventory. With a few swipes and clicks he had the rod in his hand and a tin with special bait next to him, taking the first piece out to prepare the fishing rod. Once that was done, he cast the line out, it flew in a high arch and hit the water a good distance. Now he sat down, watching the floater and waiting for it to get pulled. He had just pulled out the second roll he had bought in the morning, when the float disappeared and he grabbed the pole, losing the roll that dropped into the lake and exploded into pixels.

Fighting with the fish that had bitten was strong, but steady and slowly he reeled it in. Soon the rainbow coloured fin broke through the water and Kanas eyes opened wide. Had he really caught one of the mysterious fish first try? He wondered, and as soon as the fish was out of the water he was sure he really did. So he quickly looted it, and the game showed him, that he had both gained a tier one material and a gleaming scale, which was exactly what he was after. So he accepted the loot and the fish disappeared.

Wordcount: 366

Spoiler

ID: 209869
Battle: 10
Craft: 8
Loot: 20+3
Mob: 2

LD >= 15 and CD >= 6 --> +1 Gleaming Scale
CD >= 8 --> +1 T1 Material 

Edited by Kanaoki

When Kana stood up and strolled back over to Anthony he felt kind of cheap. He was sure the quest wasn't supposed to take this little time, and that there was more he could learn about fishing, but his questlog had updated and told him to bring the scale back to the fisherman, and so he did. 
The fisherman looked at him, clearly puzzled as to why the adventurer was back already and voiced his feeling in asking "You're back already. Found that fishing isn't for you, huh?" but when Kana shook his head, the puzzlement in his gaze got even more prevalent. "If that's not it, why are you back already?" he continued his questioning. Kana was a little angered by the fisherman doubting that he would finish the quest, but he gulped the feeling down and opened his inventory, choosing the gleaming scale and the item appeared in his hand. "Seems I already know everything there is to know about fishing. This rainbow fish was quite the easy catch, even though your blessed bait was quite the help I guess." He said and added the bait to his hand and covered the last few meters between him and the fisherman to return the items. 

Anthonys eyes widened as he saw, that it really was a gleaming scale in Kanas hand, then he exclaimed "I knew you could do it!" After he smacked him companionably on the back, Anthony gave him a quick wink. "I knew there was something special about you from the moment I saw you. As a gift from me to you, you should keep the scale. Just don't go giving it away now, because the next time you want one, you'll have to fish without my special bait." Taking the bait tin back from you, Anthony nodded toward his fishing shack. "If you're ever in the area again, don't be afraid to visit. You know you're always welcome." And with this, he turned and returned to his shack, leaving Kana with a popup telling him about the experience points he had earned from completing the quest.

Wordcount: 250

Edited by Kanaoki

It hadn't been enough experience for him to level up yet, but he was on a good way to reach level two, so he decided to stay a little longer and test out the other skills he was supposed to have. From the players who had done some exploring before returning to the Town of Beginnings, he had learned, that everyone could use a skill called <<gather>>. So he once again opened his character sheet and had a look through the skill section. There it stated that he had beginner rank skill in his straight sword, which he had known, as it had been a skill he had chosen, after buying the new sword. Besides that, it said gather, perception and the newest entry was fishing.

He nodded as he closes the screen and looked around, searching for anything he could test his gathering skills on. As it was just the basic skill, he decided, that he would test it on something he would be able to gather if they still were in the real word, and walked over to some bushes and young trees, selecting the skill to collect some branches or wood, or what ever the skill would produce. He wasn't really surprised when a popup appeared and told him he had just collected <<crafting material hard wood>>, and accepted the drop which instantly disappeared into his inventory.

Roll ID: 209870
LD: 19+3 = 22 --> +1 T1 Mat (2 T1 Mats total)

Wordcount: 230

Edited by Kanaoki

Okay, so that's how gathering worked, Kana thought, while checking the freshly gathered material in his inventory. He was happy, that the system worked just as he had thought and left it at that. He knew he would be able to get more materials if he needed them, but decided he wouldn't do so at the time, as he didn't know what kind of materials he would need to upgrade his gear. Closing the inventory again, he took a last glance at the fishing rod and left the Lakeshore.

Taking a stroll around the lake he began discovering the area and started to check how quick he could run, how high he could jump and how long it took for him to get tired, if he could call it that. The feeling was quite strange, as it wasn't the natural sleepiness one would expect when jogging around a lake, but a strange heavy weight slowly building up. Thinking about it, he suspected, that this was the designers way to make it harder to walk and run, once stamina drained, which was different from real tiredness, as it was influenced by stats. He would have a further look at that, once he got a chance to increase them.

Wordcount: 207

Edited by Kanaoki

After he had run those first few tests, he was ready to try out the most important system of the game. As it was called Sword Art Online, and they were supposed to fight monsters to clear the game, he would have to use his sword to be an effective help. 
He knew, that it would take some time, before he would be able to really help, and he might actually never reach the frontline, but at least he was finally doing something.

To solidify this train of thoughts, he pulled the sword from his hip and tried to hold it in a battle pose, just to notice that he wasn't sure, how that had to look like. Somehow he had expected, the novice Rank in straight sword fighting would make him know how to hold the sword, but it didn't. So he took a deep breath and concentrated on what he thought was the right stance. Once he had changed his posture, the skill actually kicked in, and he felt how his body moved more easy. He tried a few swings in the air, and the sword swung in wide arks, feeling lighter than he had expected.
After continuing this training for a few minutes, he felt ready to test his skills on some enemies, but before he would do that, he had to check one last thing. He had read, that there was something called sword arts, which were powerful attacks, the system would help landing. The article he had read in the beginner guide had told him, that he had to hold a specific position that was like the starting point for the attack, and once he felt a pull, he would have t let go and the system would finish the maneuver. With that in mind, he tried a few different poses, that might be a good starting point, and indeed, he was able to identify three different positions to start sword arts from.

Wordcount:  328

Ready to actually test the skill he had just done some dry training for, Kana made his way back to the Hills he had fist passed, when leaving the Town of Beginning this morning. There in the green fields he could see a multitude of boars roaming around, and he was sure, they would be good targets for his next step. As he didn't know, how strong his attacks would be, he decided that fighting a single boar would be a good start, and so he ducked and sneaked towards one of the boars. As his sneaking skill was non existent, the monster noticed him the moment he entered it's sensory range and turned to face him. The eyes glowing red it looked at the sword he had drawn, but it didn't seem to attack him for now. That's nice to know. Seems these boars aren't aggressive, so I might be able to just walk up to this one, he thought. 

A moment later he had confirmed his theory, as he was just a few steps away and the boar still hadn't attacked him. He firmed the grip on his sword and charged the last few steps, releasing something akin to a battle cry while running and swinging the sword. Thee weapon connected and left a bright red glowing mark on the boars side while also dropping it's HP bar by half. Then the monster switched from being passive to fighting mode, and it started snorting angrily. Kana bounced back, but he wasn't quick enough, as the boar charged at him and it's heavy body rammed into his legs. For a short moment he was sure he felt pain, but the sensation faded really quick, and he got back his footing, getting ready to attack once more.  

Roll:

ID: 209871
Battle: 8 +1 ACC = 9 --> Hit --> 6 DMG 
LD: 11
CD: 1
MD: 8 --> hit --> 4 DMG - 12 MIT --> 1 DMG

Battle Stats:

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 19/20 | EN: 19/20 | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3
Frenzy Boar | HP: 6/12 | DMG 4

Wordcount: 297

Edited by Kanaoki

It was really nice, that there wasn't Pain involved in fighting, as this could have been another reason for players to detain from it. Besides the fact, that there wasn't any pain, just the short moment of disorientation that followed the attack, Kana was ready again just a few moments later and he wouldn't wait for the boar to get ready itself. The sword in hand he lunged forward, the sword arching from top right down to his left side and left another red line on the boars side. The line was smaller and it's HP dropped, but stayed just a little above dead and turned red. The boar didn't seem to be pleased with that and started another attack, but Kana was prepared this time and thrust his sword forward, creating a small slashing movement that impaled the monster, dropping its hitpoints to zero just a moment to late, as it had still reached him, dealing another point of damage. 

While the beast exploded into pixels, Kana had a look at the small hp bar that appeared in the top left of his vision, and noticed that his HP had dropped by a total of two points. So the Mob hadn't been able to break through the armor, which reassured him, that buying it before leaving town had been a good idea. Next he looked over to where the monster had been, and a small popup appeared, reading:

<< You killed Frenzy Boar >>
Do you want to loot?
- 84 Col
- Uncommon Consumable, Unidentified
Accept                               Decline

Without further thinking about it, he pressed accept and could see, how the item and the money appeared in his inventor. With a smile in his face he said to himself "Well, I got my first fighting experience, and it didn't go to bad. Might continue this for the way back to town"

Roll:

ID: 209872
Battle: 6 +1 ACC = 7 --> Hit --> 6 DMG --> killed
MD: 8 --> hit --> 4 DMG - 12 MIT --> 1 DMG

Loot Roll:

ID: 209873
LD: 4 +3 = 7 --> HP * 2 Bonus Col | 1 Unidentified T1 Uncommon Consumable
CD: 4 --> HP * 2 Bonus Col
Loot total: HP * 7 = 84 Col | 1 Unidentified T1 Uncommon Consumable

Battle Stats:

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 18/20 | EN: 19/20 | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3
Frenzy Boar | HP: 0/12 | DMG 4

Wordcount: 308

Edited by Kanaoki

After defeating his first enemy, and not having a hard time with it, Kana decided he would go for some more Monster hunting while walking back to Town. The Plains he was walking through had plenty of boars, but one that looked a little bigger and had a scare over his face, ending in a broken tusk on its left side. Just from appearance alone, this one looked like it could take a beating, and the name that appeared over it, once Kana was close enough seemed to confirm this. This wasn't one of the classical Frenzy Boars that were found in masses out here, but an boar veteran. 

Getting ready to fight the monster, he once again pulled out his sword and slowly walked closer to the beast, but unlike the basic boars all around, it's eyes flared red when he was about fifteen feet away, and it started charging him without another moment of thought. Surprised by the existence of aggressive mobs this close to town, Kana tried to dodge the veteran boar by using one of the three sword arts he had found the starting positions for, but when the released the attack, the boar already was to close, his first two slashing swipes went over its head, then its body connected with Kana and the sword art got disrupted, when he went flying.

Roll:

ID: 209874
Battle: 1 --> Critical miss
MD: 6 --> hit --> 8 DMG - 12 MIT --> 1 DMG

Battle Stats:

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 17/20 (-1 DMG) | EN: 18/20 (+1 Regen, -2 Failed Attack) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3
Boar Veteran | 24 / 24 HP | 8 DMG

Wordcount: 227

Edited by Kanaoki

Okay, so even with the system helping me to move, it's still no guarantied hit Kana thought when he was getting back on his feet, the boar already charging at him again, but this time he was prepared. He simply sidestepped the huge boar, and when the mob tried to use it's tusk to still damage him, he blocked that damage with his armor. As the boar still charges, it now quickly increases the distance to Kana and before it can turn again, he is behind it. For a short moment, the sword stops to start the sword art, then it arches through the monster, not once, not twice, but a full four times. Every hit decreases the HP by a good chunk, and with the last one striking the monsters neck, it explodes onto pixels.

Looking at the popup that appears in front of him, he quickly accepted the loot before he had a look at his stats. His HP hadn't dropped this time, as he had managed to fully block the attack using his armor, but his energy had dropped quite a bit and he would need to rest a short moment, before it would fill up again.

Roll:

ID: 209875
Battle: 7+1 = 8 --> Hit --> 6 DMG * 4 (ST-I) = 24 DMG --> killed
MD: 5 --> miss

Loot roll: 
ID 209876
LD: 6 + 3 = 9 --> HP * 2 Bonus Col | HP * 1 Bonus Col | T1 unidentified rare trinket 
CD: 9 --> 2* T1 Material
Total Loot: 24 * 6 = 144 Col | 2 T1 Mats | T1 unidentified rare trinket

Battle Stats:

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 17/20  | EN: 15/20 (+1 Regen, -4 ST-I) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3
Boar Veteran | 0 / 24 HP | 8 DMG

Wordcount: 200

Edited by Kanaoki

With his energy dropped by 25% from this short battle, Kana decided to continue his way back to town slowly and once again using the time to gather some materials.  So the short walk towards the next pack of boars wasn't as boring as it would have been, had he simply waited for his energy to regenerate, but he was actively doing something. 
Kanas perception stat was at the basic beginner level, so he had a hard time finding good spots to gather material, but after some time he stumbled upon a heap of reddish stones and decided to try his gatherer skill on them. The skill activated and he gathered enough iron ore to count as a crafting material. Nice, that is something I can really use, upgrading to some better heavy armor later on he thought while checking the new item in his inventory.

After that, he checked his energy and had to notice, that it hadn't regenerated quite as much, as he had liked, but his HP had topped off again, so at least he would be able to take a beating, if his energy ran out while amidst a fight.

Roll ID: 209877
LD: 14+3 = 17 --> 1 T1 material found

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 20/20 (+10)  | EN: 16/20 (+1 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Wordcount: 194

Edited by Kanaoki

With full HP but not so full Energy, Kana decided, that he could have another swing at fighting, as the previous fight hadn't taken more than a quarter of his energy. This time he would try out one of the other sword arts he had gained from the beginning, as to see if it was as effective as hoped for. He had read that using two handed weapons, one could unleash a heavy swing that could hit multiple enemies at once, and this was, what he was going to try. 

With the sword in hand, he walked through the fields, searching for a group of boars, but they only appeared solo, always to far from each other for his sword to hit multiple ones. So he had to gather them somehow. After a short moment of thinking, he looked at the boar closest to him and hurled a small rock at it, he had found on the ground. The moment it hit, the boar started charging, and Kana had to dodge its attack, while throwing a rock at another one. Having two boars charging at you complicates running and dodging, but for the moment going, he was okay and none of the mobs attacks hit when he finally reached a third boar and swung his sword slightly touching it.
The beast snorted and tried to use its tusks to attack him, but Kana blocked with his sword, positioning himself for a wide swing that could hit all three of them. As before, the trigger position for the sword art was like a short pause in the slashing movement, but this time, the sword swung in an arch spanning nearly three quarters of a circle around him. For a short moment a turquoise afterimage of the sword swing hovered in the air, and one of the three boars collapsed with a huge red line across its head. The others somehow ducked underneath and charged him, dropping Kanas HP by a tiny bit, and sending him flying away from them. 

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 19/20 (-1) | EN: 10/20 (+1-7 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Boar #1 | 12/12 HP | 4 DMG
Boar #2 | 0/12 HP | 4 DMG
Boar #3 | 12/12 HP | 4 DMG

Rolls

Spoiler

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209878    
BD: 1 -> Fail
MD: 5 -> Fail

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209879    
BD: 10 -> Crit --> (6+2) * 3 = 24 DMG
MD: 10 -> Fail --> (4+2)-12 = 1 DMG

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209880    
BD: 4+1 -> Fail
MD: 4 -> Fail

Loot Roll:
ID: 209881
CD: 3 --> +2 T1 Mat
LD: 6 +3 = 9 --> HP * 2 Bonus Col | T1 uncommon Consumable (unidentified)
Overall Loot: 12*5 = 60 Col, 2 T1 Mats, T1 uncommon Consumable (unidentified)

Wordcount: 338

Edited by Kanaoki

Kana was rolling in the dirt, when the two remaining boars started their next attack. He saw their hooves spraying dirt and barely managed to roll out of their path of destruction. His former attack, and the sudden movement of evading their attack had left him panting, and he had problems getting to his feet, so when he finally was back on his feet, he released a sigh of relief. Following this, he turned his head, just to see one of the boars already charging at him again, and this time he wasn't quick enough. The boars tusks raveled in his pants and managed to deal a little damage, before the mob shook its head to free itself and ran again.

The second boar had waited for something Kana wasn't to sure about, but it joined the other one in attacking once again, and he did his best to dodge the steady stream of charging boars, looking for a moment of chance for him to start his next attack. It felt like minutes for him, but finally he got the chance, when he managed to get both boars in front of him, and he released the same sword art as before. And just like before, the Boars somehow managed to not get hit by any of the attack and in turn using the state the attack left him in to land a second attack that was nearly fully absorbed by his armor.

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 17/20 (-2) | EN: 9/20 (+1- 2 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Boar #1 | 12/12 HP | 4 DMG
Boar #2 | 0/12 HP | 4 DMG
Boar #3 | 12/12 HP | 4 DMG

Rolls:

Spoiler

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209882    
BD: 2 -> fail
MD: 8 -> hit -> 4-12 = 1 DMG

Attack against Boar #3
ID: 209883
BD: 1 -> fail
MD: 7 -> hit -> 4-12 = 1 DMG

Wordcount: 242

Edited by Kanaoki
energy consumption update

Pushing himself of the boar, that had just sunken his tusks in his armor, Kana got a few feet of room in-between himself and the mob that panted with rage, while also getting a glance a the second one, that was circling them. Noticing this, Kana began backing away from the closer boar, trying to get both of them in front of him again, but the second monster was faster than him, and before he could turn around, it charged him once again.

The attack nearly missed him, as he stumbled to the side, but the boar still managed to land a blow and made him stumble even more. Once again his HP dropped the slightest of bits, but it was accumulating slowly but surely. If he couldn't kill them off and bot of them continued landing attacks, he would have to run. But before this was his only option, he once again charged his sword art, creating a purple arching swing, that once again missed both of them completely and made him tumble a few feet forward, before he could catch his footing.

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 16/20 (-1) | EN: 8/20 (+1- 2 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Boar #3 | 12/12 HP | 4 DMG

Rolls:

Spoiler

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209884    
BD: 3 -> fail
MD: 8 -> hit -> 4-12 = 1 DMG

Attack against Boar #3
ID: 209885
BD: 4 -> fail
MD: 1 -> fail

Wordcount: 184

Edited by Kanaoki

Still tumbling away from the two boars Kana decides that it is best to get some distance from them before continuing to fight. So event though they are behind him, he doesn't turn his head, but simply runs from them, looking out for other boars, especially since he had found that there were aggressive versions of them to find around the fields he was fleeing through. Through his heavy breath he could hear the boars charging after him, and soon had to realize that the monsters were faster than him, as one of them passed him on the right, just to crash right into him and making him fall to the ground. The second one stormed at him and as he was lying on the ground he couldn't do much, except curling up, so his armor would take the brunt of the attack.

This tactic actually worked quite good, as the monster once again wasn't able to deal much damage, only dropping his HP by a single point. In the next moment, he grabbed at the monsters tusks, pulling it closer and wrestling it to the ground, just to use it as a support for standing up and jumping over it. Then he once again grabbed the sword and as the purple wave of sword and energy erupted from him, the downed enemy got hit and dissolved into rainbow colored pixels.

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 15/20 (-1)  | EN: 4/20 (+1 -5 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Boar #3 | 0/12 HP | 4 DMG

Rolls:

Spoiler

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209886    
BD: 2 -> fail
MD: 4 -> fail

Attack against Boar #3
ID: 209887    
BD: 6 -> hit -> 6 * 3 = 18 DMG -> dead
MD: 9 -> crit -> 4+1 -12 = 1 DMG

Loot Roll:
ID: 209888
LD: 8 +3 = 11 -> HP * 2 Bonus Col | T1 Rare Weapon (unidentified) | T1 Uncommon Consumable (unidentified)
CD: 8 -> HP * 2 Bonus Col
Total Loot: 7 * 12 = 84 Col | T1 Rare Weapon (unidentified) | T1 Uncommon Consumable (unidentified)

Wordcount: 231

Edited by Kanaoki

Facing just one more monster, Kanas mood brightened, and he stopped running away from it. This was what he had waited for, while he had lived his quiet live in the Town of Beginnings, and just now that he had the equipment to protect him, was able to do. He stood there, staring at the boar, that once again huffed with glowing red eyes and stomped its front hove before charging at him with all its power.

Kana had had enough of hiding and running away, this was what he wanted to do. He would become stronger and stronger, and he would make it to the frontlines. He always had had to do it by himself, working the fields, driving around, delivering food, just to finish school, and just like that, he would manage to work him self up to the top and become stronger. These thought of strength flowed though his mind, while the grip on his sword tightened and he got ready to release another sword art upon the boar charging at him. Once it was close enough, the huge sword started spinning through the air, hitting it once, twice, then it tackled him, dealing a little damage, but this time his sword art was not disrupted and he continued with two more slashing attacks, leaving a double cross of blue light hovering there for a moment, before fading and the boar exploding into pixels.

With a big sigh of relief and a look to his energy bar, that had sunken to nearly empty, Kana accepted the collected loot of the three mobs and fell to the ground, sitting down, where he had stood a moment ago.

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 14/20 (-1)  | EN: 1/20 (+1 -4 ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Boar #1 | 0/12 HP | 4 DMG
Boar #3 | 0/12 HP | 4 DMG

Rolls:

Spoiler

Attack against Boar #1
ID: 209889    
BD: 8 -> hit -> 6 * 4 = 24 DMG
MD: 6 -> hit -> 4 -12 = 1 DMG

Loot Roll:
ID: 209890
LD: 18 +3 = 21 -> HP * 2 Bonus Col | T1 Perfect Weapon (unidentified) | T1 Perfect Armor/Shield (unidentified)
CD: 4 -> HP * 2 Bonus Col
Total Loot: 7 * 12 = 84 Col | T1 perfect Weapon (unidentified) | T1 Perfect Armor/Shield (unidentified)

Wordcount: 279

Edited by Kanaoki

Sitting where he had just fought, Kana was panting and slowly sank into the grass, till he was lying, face towards the blue sky and looking at the clouds. The fight had drained his energy, and he felt like he had climbed a huge mountain, and just like that, he felt proud. 
He had left the Town of Beginnings, and not only had he managed to complete his first ever quest, that rewarded him with the fishing profession, but he had also tested the combat system and had been successful. 

This feeling of proud, combined with the fact, that he had been outside for nearly half the day and fighting monsters, hes felt like he could just sleep at the spot, and his mind started wandering, thinking of all the possibilities he would have now that he finally started to be a real adventurer. Pictures of him in epic gear appeared in front of his inner eye, showing him fighting gigantic monsters in some labyrinth like dungeon, jumping around and leaving red glowing lines.

The next thing he saw was the sky turning orange and red colors, as he realized he had actually dozed off. Now it was time to return to town and have a second look at the loot. He stood up and left towards town, although there still was a good half an hour walk waiting for him.

Kanaoki | Lv. 1 | HP: 20/20 (+10)  | EN: 2/20 (+1  ) | DMG: 6 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 12 | LD +3

Wordcount: 231

Edited by Kanaoki
added out of combat regen