[F7-OP] Naive Trust.

The sound of feet impacting the dirt kept me aware of how close my assailants were and sheer terror drove me forward. I wore my old white dress, though now it looked tattered, as if it were made of a hand-me-down shirt and thrown into a garbage disposal. My once long, silver hair was chopped off at different lengths, matted, and as dull as my eyes, once so full of life. From head to toe I was covered in dirt and soot, which covered the numerous cuts, scrapes, gouges, and bruises all over my body that should have been shown only as the red lights that signified wounds in SAO, but several looked like they were really there. I was almost utterly unrecognizable to anyone who had know me before. Tears streaming down my face, I ran on down the dirt road, hoping to reach the town, to reach help, before I could be caught again.

I'd spent what seemed like months in captivity following Cicila and Keith's wedding. I was beaten and locked away in a cell with several other kids. I tried to make friends with them, but they were each murdered, one by one, whilst I watched, helpless to do anything but cry for them.

Shaking my head to clear away their screams of torture, I focused my attention back onto the town. It was within my grasp and with a hard yank on my hair, it slipped through my fingers. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" I shrieked.

Miaki was leaving town to go scout out a dungeon he had heard about from a few travelers. He wore his trademark fedora and trench coat with his katana tucked away underneath when he heard the sudden heard the cry for help from a young girl. Immediately stopping, he looked around to figure out which direction the cry came from then rushed off to investigate. So close to the city he saw a little girl in a white dress that was caked in dirt and torn apart. She was being chased by several pursuers and Miaki saw one of them grab hold of her and begin dragging her away.

Gritting his teeth, the <> rushed towards them as fast as he could possibly run. As he got closer he screamed at the top of his lungs to intimidate the captors and confuse them. Drawing his katana, he brought it to his head and charged a sword skill to close the last of the distance. "HEY YOU!" He shouted, not very original but the sight of a small child in distress wasn't time for crazy one liners.

Angel was leaning against the wall that surrounded the 7th floor capital when he heard the scream. He looked up, not sure what he was looking at at first. But the scene quickly came into focus as he understood one thing; someone was in trouble. He quickly activated his <> Skill as he took off towards the girl. In the corner if his eye he noticed another player moving towards the same area. He didn't have time to figure out names as he continued to charge forward.

• 3 weeks later...

A simple scream was all it took to get Keith moving. The Blue Blader burst forward, with what was for a given fact the fastest speed in all of Aincrad, and he made it to the girl in seconds flat. She looked familiar. And then Keith remembered her. Mavis. A genuinely sweet, kind, happy little girl. A small kid who was a friend of Keith in particular. And if one thing was sure, Keith looked out for his friends.

He slid to a halt in front of Mavis, setting his hand on her head and moving her behind him. "Hang tight. I'll handle these guys." he said, drawing his katana from his side and charging it up, making a pale blue hue light the alley way. If there was one thing he hated, it was mavericks. Especially ones that do something so unforgivable to a little girl.

Out of seemingly no where the <> had arrived. "Keith!" He said making sure the man knew Miaki was close by. Miaki charged his sword and used a <> skill to cover the last distance, knocking out one guy's scimitar. "Are you okay?" He said, looking at the young girl over his shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll handle this." Miaki blocked an incoming attack then countered it. "Keith! Switch with me!"

I was just taking a stroll through Floor 7 when a child's scream cuts off my peaceful walk.My god! What's going on! I immediately stop my walk and make a mad rush towards the scream. I activate my detection skill on the way and detect at least 4 players, all of them either Friends or green players. I come to a skittering halt in-front of the fight, my eyes picking up on some people I recognize as I approach one of the orange players from behind.I see Keith, Miaki, Angel, but who is the little girl and what in god's name happened to her? I think to myself as I get behind the man. I hop up and grab his shoulders roughly. The man yells something then he tries to throw a fist backwards, making his body lean toward me slightly. Using the man's unbalance to my advantage I bring him down to the ground, throwing up brown dust as he hits the ground. "What is going on!" I practically yell in confusion as I look at three of my friends protecting this little girl from some orange players.

A blue light blazed to life and a player wearing a hat appeared. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded in answer. "Don't worry. We'll handle this." I nodded again just as the Hatboy went back to fighting. "What is going on!" A voice called out confusedly after it's owner brought down one of the bigger players. I poked my head out from behind Keith. "They're evil! They took me to a dark place and beat me! I don't want to go back! Please don't let them take me back there! Please!" I begged the other players. Several guys from he group who'd held me captive glared menacingly at me. Yelping, I ducked behind Keith again.

Keith saw Clarence and Miaki were taking care of the guys after Mavis, which bought Keith time to help her calm down. He knelt down and patted Mavis on the head, brushing some hair out of her eyes. "Don't worry. I'll make sure these guys won't you anymore. Here, I'll let Ruby stay with you to take guard, right Ruby?" A small purple creature popped out from under his vest, yipping and looking to the small girl. The carbuncle ran down Keith's arm and onto Mavis' head, snuggling up and and yipping again as Keith stood and drew his katana. "I'll be right back. So you two stay back and try to get somewhere safe." he said, running off.

Miaki heard the young voice yelp and speak of the horrors she faced. Raged burned within the <> as he imagined the nightmare she only just escaped. He turned to face the attackers with a look of furious anger. "What did you do!?" He growled at the men rushing them. Miaki twirled his blade and burst forward in a flash and smashed his elbow into one guy and spun around to slash the next.

Angel watched as a few more familiar faces joined the fray. He recognized the players even though he had never personally talked with them. But among the friendly players was the little girl everyone was attempting to save. He had never seen her before and he wondered who she was. But now wasn't the time for introductions, now was the time for action. He watched as Miaki dealt with two of the orange players. Seeing how he was moving too fast to draw his weapons, Angel used his current momentum and large size to his advantage. He ducked his head down and spread his arms out wide. As he ran through the mess, he caught two of the enemy players in his arms and continued to run forward, smashing them into a tall, thick tree. From there he managed to hold them against the tree, placing his forearms on their necks to pin them. He kept them there until the others cleared up the situation a little more.

Okay, there are 7 players, one on the floor, two against a tree and the rest are being dealt with by Keith and Miaki, might as well help them out. I run forward and jump over the man under me, but he is quicker then I thought he was. My left leg was a little lower then my left and gave the man a better advantage, being in reach. I let out a loud, short yell as I come crashing down onto the ground, kicking up dirt and dust. I try to kick the man off but he has a strong grip the my foot. Fear starts coursing through my body as the orange player grips my other leg, yanking me toward him."Get off!" I yell and bring my hands down onto his head, punching his forehead hard with my fist. This hit momentarily stuns the man and I'm able to get one of my legs free."Your not aloud to get away that easily kid." The strange captor says as he tries to go for my just freed leg."Get off of me!" I yell and kick him in the face, pissing the man off even more.

I reached for my kunai to try to help before remembering that they'd taken them from me. I'll have to get some more later. Looking around for something useful to throw, I noticed a small rock near my foot. I picked it up and looked back at the bad players. I rised my arm and took aim at one of them, then swung my arm forward and released the stone. It whizzed through the air and landed in the middle of the guy's forehead.

Keith stood and drew his katana, looking at all the guys who had done this to little Mavis. Keith didn't like killing, it was a last resort for him, but judging by how these guys didn't leave at the sight of the higher leveled players, he would have to do it. "Alright... Now you Mavericks better listen up. If there's one thing I hate, it's creeps like you. And if there's one thing I like, It's little Mavis over here. So now, I'm gonna make sure you don't do anything else to her." He then ran forward and began rapidly cutting, stabbing, and slashing all over with his katana, working double-time to get rid of ever last Maverick that had tried to get Mavis.

Miaki back kicked another attacker in the stomach as he spun around and attacked another with his blade. He was pissed and striking with vengeance in his eyes. As he slashed into another brute, he caught sight of the young girl standing with Keith's familiar standing on her head. "Keep them back! I'll defend!" He ordered as he rushed over to the young girl he now recognized as Mavis. Bending to a knee he looked the girl over and frowned. "Are you okay sweetie? Are you hurt?" He could see a few marks left behind of the abuse she went through. He saw a similar effect on his fiance Nikki who explained to him a theory that bruises and cut marks were created by the mind and left behind. The pain was in your head and the wounds wouldn't vanish immediately like minor injuries were designed to. "Don't worry Mavis. It's me, Miaki. Remember? You're safe now." He said giving her a warm and reassuring hug before picking her up and jogging her away from the immediate fight.

Angel looked back at the group. Things seemed to be a little more under control at this point. But then he saw Keith start to go berserk as he attacked all the Mavericks with his Katana. Angel realized that he was in the danger zone and acted quickly. He took the two enimies he had pinned to the tree and grabbed their collars. Then he slammed them together, effectively knocking them out. Then he turned to join the fight again. As he turned he noticed something in the brush; it was one of the Mavericks. He was smaller than the others but apparently he had choosen a stealthy approach to this game, as he was sneaking towards where Mavis was waiting. Angel locked onto the player and charged him, moving like a freight train to intercept him. Once the Maverick was close enough, he lunged out of the brush and attempted to grab Mavis. But Angel was faster than he looked as he tackled the guy mid-air, slamming him into the ground and rolling as he did so. Angel grabbed his collar and slammed his head into the ground, knocking him out. Then he stood and turned to Mavis. He put on his trademark smile and carefully approached her, not wanting to scare the little girl. When he was next to her, he waved his hand slowly. "Hi." He said nicely. "My name's Angel. What's yours?" He asked, hoping to tune out the fight and to distract the little girl.

• 1 month later...

An oddly familiar figure kneeled in front of me and frowned before asking if I was okay. That's a good question. Am I okay? I don't think I am, but I'm not being hurt right now, so I'm okay there. I stayed silent instead of answering him like I probably should have done. The boy continued to speak, going on to say that he was Miaki, which clicked in my mind, and that I was safe. He suddenly hugged me, then picked me up and carried me a ways away from the ongoing fight. I squirmed out of his grasp when I thought that we were far enough away and dropped down onto my feet. When I turned back towards the fight, I was surprised to find that another one of the players racing in our direction and tackling an orange player that came out of nowhere. I blinked at the boy who had knocked out the pker in what seemed like no time at all as he stopped next to me and waved before introducing himself."... Mavis. I'm Mavis," I said with a small smile. "Hi Angel. Hajimemashite."

(Okay, I'm just gonna take Clarence's turn here like he said to.... I know that I' basically just repeating what Miaki and Angel were doing, but I was trying to get them to flow together somehow. Sorry.)

Keith looked as Miaki ran with Mavis and the other guy was talking to her, leaving Keith alone. He tried parrying as many blades as he could, but he then felt an axe cleave into his collar bone, bringing down his guard. Keith gritted his teeth as the others began slashing and stabbing him all over, red marks and gash starting to form on him. Keith then slowly raised his katana again and spun around, making all the Mavericks back up. One raised his axe and swung again, but Keith moved just quickly enough, to avoid fatal damage. Keith heard a ripping noise as the axe hacked into him, slicing off his entire left arm. Keith's sword fell out of his vanishing left hand and he caught it in his right, not fending off the Mavericks literately single-handedly.