[F1-OP] A cup of coffee.

Hisamuya was relaxing at a cafe in The Town of beginings. The weather was at it's prime and couldn't get any better. Hisamuya took a deep breath as he sipped the cup of coffee he had purchased for a relaxing drink. Hisamuya hadn't added anyone to his friends list since SAO began yet it didn't seem to effect him in a negative way. He liked to relax alone most of the time yet he enjoyed the company of others much more than being alone. All the same it didn't effect him in a negative way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the portal finally left her at the gate of the First floor in Aincrad, turquoise colored eyes moved through the group of players trying to find any familiar faces. None were to be found. A sense of sadness developed inside of Khalan as she began her way through the many paths of NPC vendors and moving players. She was no longer the beginner she had been when the tragedy of SAO struck in the first day of release. Truth be told, she rarely remembered all the details of that day as the time passed. Yet the faces she had encountered then still lingered in her memory as clear as crystal.

Most of the friends she had made were still living and working for the front lines, but then there were some who could no longer continue to bear the suffering of the game. The waiting and hoping of finally leaving the nightmare. Once she had cried for them and yet, whenever she heard of another friend falling to his or her demise, Khalan didn't cry no more. In fact, deep inside she felt envy for them- even if that was such a terrible thing to feel.

Noticing that many things had changed, she quickly began to build up her own arsenal of possessions and once she was finish, she decided to try out the new cafe so many talked about. Entering the small shop, the dark hair girl looked around and tried to keep her head bow as she moved through the busy tables to find a spot. A chair was available, but this was on the table of an unknown player.

Debating whether she should leave or not, she decided on finally approach the stranger and ask him for the seat. Clearing her throat, she tried to flashed a friendly smile before pointing at the empty chair.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" She said politely, though her eyes were weary.

Hisamuya looked at the unknown female play who had asked is the seat in front of him was available to sit in. Hisamuya took moment to think about it. He didn't know anything about this person and as far as he knew they could have been a Player Killer. Then he looked at her weary eyes and realized that isn't the face of a killer. "No it's not taken go ahead and sit down." He said with a unworried tone in his voice.

As I was finishing up some fishing for my first quest I had an urge to have a cup of coffee. I quickly put away all the fishes into my inventory and head toward back into the Town of Beginnings. On my way back I heard some players talking about a cafe that had delicious coffee. "Hmm? Delicious coffee?," I said to myself. "That doesn't sound so bad right now. I haven't coffee in forever anyways mind aswell." As I walked into the coffee shop I see two players chatting while the female player took a seat next to the male. I found myself a seat near the window and ordered that delicious coffee I heard about.

"Thank you for the coffee." I told the waitress. I looked over my shoulder seeing players having a good time. I don't know why players are having a good time during this death game. I wanted to yell at them, but I kept my cool and just eavesdropped on players conversation. It was quite difficult when I'm trying to concentrate on one conversation. Some time has passed and I gave up and continued with my coffee. "Who needs other people, I got my trust fishing rod." I told myself, only actually wanting to have someone by my side.

Walking back into town with his spear slung over his shoulder Will grins widely proud of his accomplishment his first kill! "Now All i have to do is keep it up and I will beat this game for sure!" He tells himself enthusiastically with a nod as he walks down the street taking in the sights truly appreciating them for the first time. He continues his walk for another half hour or so before he stops and grins at the building that catches his interest. "A coffee shop, here?" will chuckles. "I really wasn't expecting one in this setting but hey, coffee is coffee." he shrugs and walks into the building spotting only one unoccupied seat at a table already being sat at by another player. Will walks over with a small smile spotting the players name floating just above his head . "Hey mind if I sit here? I don't see any other seats." He asks the other player hopefully.

I heard someone call to me. I look around and see a player by the name of Will. I feel the urge to turn him down, but he doesn't look like a bad person. "Erm.. Yeah sure. I don't think anyone else would be coming to meet me anyways. As he sat down next to me I asked him, "What brings you to the coffee shop?" I take the last sip of my coffee and watch it de-materialize. Once it feels right I'll take my leave and find a way to get out of this shop. It's getting more packed the more I think about it. Maybe the coffee actually is that good. I feel like there aren't any good players out here anyways. Well let's see the outcome of this.

Will nods and grins in response to Canes answer. "Hey, thanks." he says as he takes his seat lounging against it as he rests his spear against the wall next to them. "Lucky me, I would have really have hated to drink my coffee standing." He thinks to himself as he chuckles. "Well, I was just wondering around the city taking a break from training after my first victory." He responds to Caen with a grin. "You might have noticed I have an accent, well that's because i'm an American and coffee is quite a tradition in my household." Will nods. "You could imagine my surprise when I was strolling along and found this place! I mean who would expect a coffee shop in game with a mid evil esc setting!" Will laughs. "Not that i'm complaining of course. How about you? what dragged you in here?" He asks Caen before a waitress walks over and takes his order. "Ummm, lets see." Will taps his chin. "You know what lets just make it simple espresso light sugar lots of cream." Will nods with a smile and thanks the waitress as she goes to retrieve his order.

As a smile, "No problem man." I watch as Will places his spear against the wall. He starts talking about what he did before he got to the coffee shop. I now know he's an american who drinks coffee as a tradition. As he was talking about how a coffee shop was weird in a mid evil esc setting. "Yeah, it's quite intriguing. I mean it should relax players who are having a hard time adjusting to the game." When Will asked me wat dragged me in here. For a moment, it felt as if something struck me, but it seems like the game is telling me not to talk about what I did before. "I was just wandering around town and I heard the coffee hear was great! So I just had to try it out since I don't drink it quite often. As I watch Will take his order I might have a chance to leave the shop and continue my adventure towards Floor 100, but it seems like the setting of the coffee shop has gotten brighter. "So, how's it going so far? It seems like you know what to do around this floor." I wanted to keep the conversation going, but need to end it soon.

Will winces slightly and sighs lightly as the waitress comes by giving her a small smile and nod as he takes his drink. "thank you." He tells here gratefully before turning to the other player taking a drink of his coffee placing it down on the table. "I wouldn't really say that..." Will shrugs. "After what that hooded man told us all I... I kinda panicked I ran out of the city and told myself I wasn't going to let this game beat me so I attacked the first boar I saw." Will smiles slightly "It almost killed me because I was being reckless but better to learn the hard lessons early on before things get to lethal right?" Will says with a chuckle. a look of realization crosses his face as he suddenly extends towards the other player. "I know we can see one another's name but it dosent mean we cant truly introduce ourselves. The names William, future tank, defeater of bosses." With his other hand points to himself with a thumb wearing a confidant grin.

She waited for him to answered and for moment with his gaze upon her, Lis wondered if he would reject her request. She wouldn't blame him if she did, after all a stranger player approaching one for simple demand could sometimes lead to a trap. Turning her head to the coffee's shop newest arrival, she was happy to see that there were others just like her willing to not be a lone and rather spent the time meeting someone new.

Turning back to the male player, she flashed him a happy smile before she took her seat and nodded towards him in thanks. Trying to catch the attention of the NPC, she decided to break the silence and try her hand at small talk.

"The names Lisbeth, most just call me Lis. So, what ya having there? Is it any good?" She asked, perhaps too quickly and gave him a sheepish look.

I smile at Will and said, "No worries Will, someday we will get out of this death game and live happy again."As he shrugged I noticed around me that more players are starting to get along, and they seem to be happy around them. "You should be careful. Monsters are dangerous even if this is the first floor. Anything that is fatal can cause a gameover for us." I said while he chuckled. I now know the name of a player whom I never met, and now he wants to know my name. "The name is Calvin, but I would like it if people call me Caen." I smiled and noticed that the coffee shop is now packed with players. I called over a waitress and ordered myself another coffee. My intent was to lead, but this place might get interesting soon enough.

As we chatted among ourselves, I've noticed some players are afraid to chat with others. They were just like me, but it seems like players are still having a hard time finding a way to start a chat. I smiled and hoped that these players will get along and won't let each other down. "Y'know, players are a lot happier now that they've met some people here. I mean how about the people married. I wonder how they feel about this situation." I said to Will as the waitress brings me my coffee. I looked over my shoulder and noticed a girl who seemed to be shy at another table, but maybe she just introduced herself. I smiled as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Yhea." Will responds as he takes another drink from his coffee taking in his surroundings noticing the many lonely players moping about. "Its alot easier to handle the stress of depressing events with others." Will nods as he takes another drink. "Besides the only way we are going to beat this thing is by working as unit . "Hell I would probably be dead right now if not for the friend I made out in the fields." Will chuckles as he rubs the back of his head.

"That's good. You've found a player to help you. Who's this player? Are they here?" I said with a smile on my face. I recently completed a quest, but by myself. I find that helping others may cause them trouble. I can't risk any players dying. If I could save them I will, even if it kills me. As I took a sip from my coffee, "It must be nice having a company of another player with you." I might be not be able to protect my sister here, but I can still protect the people I know here, but I must keep my relationship to a minimal. I can't be bound to anyone or I might get them killed. I'll just stay solo to the very end.

Will nods with a smile. "Her name is Ruri. She is a really high level front liner so I doubt I will be seeing her often." Will shrugs with a grin. "The bit Of company I had with her while she was around was nice though." He nods. "What about you? Make any friends yet?" He asks in a curious tone as he rests his check against the palm of his head.

I leaned back against the wall and said, "Ruri, huh? That's a nice name. You must be worried sick about her, but she maybe able to handle herself. Knowing that she's a high level." I took the last sip of my coffee and let it all de-materialize. I then said, "I rather not make any friends. A conversation with one player is good enough, but I can't make any friends. I don't want the people I care about dying on me. I never want to see another friend die on me." I thought to myself. What have I done? I should have kept it to myself. I felt like people started to listen into our conversation. "Sorry about that, I just feel like. Losing a friend is worse than causing pain to myself. I rather have the people I know stay alive rather then disappearing forever." I wiped my face with the left over coffee near my lips with my sleeve and smiled.

Will's eyes widen slightly as he leans of his hand looking towards the table. "I can Kinda understand what youre talking about." Will sighs as he looks back up into Caen's eyes. "The only way to truly get over it is to open up to others. Or so that was my experience." He sighs as he looks around remembering the busy setting knowing this isn't the proper place to speak of such a thing. "I know that you don't want to talk about it, I defiantly don't, but i've been trough it to. So if you ever need to talk about it shoot me a pm ok?" He shoots him a concerned glance.

"My name is Hisamuya. It's just regular coffee. Pretty good in my opinion. Moderate amount of sugar and milk original blend coffee beans." Hisamuya looked at the girl who sat in front of him and took another sip of the coffee he was drinking. The conversation happening nearby between Will and Cean sounded interesting to him yet he kept his attention to the female player who was sitting in front of him.

I smiled and said, "You got it. I'll make sure to send you a PM if I need anything." I looked around the room and I spotted Hisamuya listening into our conversation. It was strange because it seemed like he was interested in our conversation. "Hey Will, see the guy over there. I think he might be listening in to our conversation." Maybe he wants to have a chat with us also. Nah he wouldn't. Maybe I can party with him just once, but he has Ruri. I don't want to get into what seems to be a relationship to them. Ah what the heck. I'll just ask, "Hey, maybe some time you can bring Ruri and I can third wheel." I said to him as I smiled.

I turned back of me and my eyes came upon Lisbeth's. "She looks concered." I said to myself as I turn back to Will. I leaned back against the wall and started to feel sleepy. I asked for another cup of coffee and the waitress smiled and went to get another. I smiled and realized maybe there are more people who seem to be happy. "Thank you." I said to the waitress as she brought me my coffee. I took a sip of the coffee and I burned my tongue. "Owch." I held it in and waited for my coffee to cool down.