I have a question!

So... I have been trying to think of a possible profession I could do and I'm either considering Artisan or Cooking. As we all know there are a lot of great artisans with amazing shops, but maybe I haven't found a 'Cook' with a shop >.> So... Could it be possible I could pursue this profession and establish one? What about making food/drink items that can be rare and possibly even help out with HP when eaten?

I know this sounds extremely silly, but I am being serious. Please, don't judge me XD

In many MMO's I play food and drink items can replenish HP, add additional temporary HP, and other effects. Alchemy can do some pretty cool things, but we haven't really seen anything that would add HP for a topic. In addition, and since I am in basically the person in charge of items; I would even go so far as to say that Cooking/Food Items would provide full topic long resistance to poison, etc if a rare enough item were ingested before the fight. If only because I like it when our professions can each do something the others can't.

I feel that while Alchemy has some good healing/antidote options; it also has poison, bombs, etc. So Food/Drink Items will have superior healing/antidote/bolstering effects. Not only does it heal better and provide better debuff resistances, it also can improve your stats for a coming battlefield; whether that be a specific skill or even a temporary increase to your HP.

In many MMO's I play food and drink items can replenish HP, add additional temporary HP, and other effects. Alchemy can do some pretty cool things, but we haven't really seen anything that would add HP for a topic. In addition, and since I am in basically the person in charge of items; I would even go so far as to say that Cooking/Food Items would provide full topic long resistance to poison, etc if a rare enough item were ingested before the fight. If only because I like it when our professions can each do something the others can't.

I feel that while Alchemy has some good healing/antidote options; it also has poison, bombs, etc. So Food/Drink Items will have superior healing/antidote/bolstering effects. Not only does it heal better and provide better debuff resistances, it also can improve your stats for a coming battlefield; whether that be a specific skill or even a temporary increase to your HP.

Oh, Saix.... WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME? WHY? YOU ARE THE BEST <3 I was worried you wouldn't understand what I meant, but I am so happy you do. <3

tumblr_md1b573yb51qktqch.gif

giphy.gif

Okay another quick question! Now, that you have answered that!

As an alchemist yourself, do you think it might be possible to see a more larger list of items that one can make without following just the crystal list? Perhaps, trackers of some sort? Um... Digital maps or stores of digital images in a crystal sort of document that could light up with information and not just screen-shots?

ALSO, ALSO! If we could totally do something like the cooking profession and enhance it more! Could we perhaps also do quest for it and rare items? yes? YES? YES? PLEASE SAY YES? PLEASE? <3

Okay another quick question! Now, that you have answered that!

As an alchemist yourself, do you think it might be possible to see a more larger list of items that one can make without following just the crystal list? Perhaps, trackers of some sort? Um... Digital maps or stores of digital images in a crystal sort of document that could light up with information and not just screen-shots?

ALSO, ALSO! If we could totally do something like the cooking profession and enhance it more! Could we perhaps also do quest for it and rare items? yes? YES? YES? PLEASE SAY YES? PLEASE? <3

I like this idea, not much is imputted into the profession, my thought would be to add a list of recipies to let the players see what they could make, as well as the effects each ithem can do, as well as a unique recipe list. I for one was a cook in FF14 A Realm Reborn, and i made dishes that kicked a**, and the ingredients were relativily easy to aquire to.

Another thing, the ingredients locations, now as such with mats, you control what enemies drop what like floor 4, the ice wonderland floor. A buddy of mine Grim, he always says someting like Ice Sprites or Ice Wyrms are on that floor due to it being a snowy ice filled place. Shouldn't that also effect the ingredients found. LIke for example.

*Enter floor 5*

*Walk 30 miles into the floor (Pages 5)*

*Discover a patch of well preserved green grass at Oasis.*

*Discovered Desert Yam* (If loot die is 20)

Something along the lines of that, it would be nice to if there was a list of items and locations to find them such as this,

Ingredients

Desert Yam: Floor 5 (Pages; 5) (Loot die roll: 20)

Ice Apple: Floor 4 (Pages 3) (Loot Die 17)

A thing like that, somethign that makes it easier for us all to look for, instead of people going int blind and just doing who ha knows what in the topics. All im saying, it would be nice to have a little more comfort in finding mats or Ingredients in topics. Just my .02 cents.

I like this idea, not much is imputted into the profession, my thought would be to add a list of recipies to let the players see what they could make, as well as the effects each ithem can do, as well as a unique recipe list. I for one was a cook in FF14 A Realm Reborn, and i made dishes that kicked a**, and the ingredients were relativily easy to aquire to.

Another thing, the ingredients locations, now as such with mats, you control what enemies drop what like floor 4, the ice wonderland floor. A buddy of mine Grim, he always says someting like Ice Sprites or Ice Wyrms are on that floor due to it being a snowy ice filled place. Shouldn't that also effect the ingredients found. LIke for example.

*Enter floor 5*

*Walk 30 miles into the floor (Pages 5)*

*Discover a patch of well preserved green grass at Oasis.*

*Discovered Desert Yam* (If loot die is 20)

Something along the lines of that, it would be nice to if there was a list of items and locations to find them such as this,

Ingredients

Desert Yam: Floor 5 (Pages; 5) (Loot die roll: 20)

Ice Apple: Floor 4 (Pages 3) (Loot Die 17)

A thing like that, somethign that makes it easier for us all to look for, instead of people going int blind and just doing who ha knows what in the topics. All im saying, it would be nice to have a little more comfort in finding mats or Ingredients in topics. Just my .02 cents.

that.jpg

Also adding into this as well perhaps a roster for monsters in all of the floors? I love that we can use our imaginations but when it comes to Mats this could also be helpful that way we could also hunt down the general beasts and possibly even wild life without worrying if what we have imagine might not be exactly what goes along with the floors description? If this exists forgive me, because I haven't seen it but it would be extremely beneficial for the cooking profession (Like that rabbit kirito found?) you could totally play easter eggs on the players with such things ^_^

There is so much I could say here but Ill give you the short answer here and the detailed one on skype. You can make up all sorts of stuff. The nice thing about being the first in yer profession is you can be a forerunner for it and expand it greatly. All things get approved through Saix so you have that safety net if you take things a little overboard. He is cool like that to give imput with yer ideas.

So I was reading through all the posts and I have also played a various amount of MMO'S that have a huge cooking system. I actually would love to do a cooking profession if I could. In Final fantasy 11 the cooking system was simple and worked rather well. It maintained a system where you would use a crystal and ingredients ( proper ones) to create desired effect. ie. + 10 health or dps increase or even resist poison.

The game is based off of dice so leveling it up should be easier.But once you reach incredible items it broke crystals left and right in final fantasy. If we could apply the same mechanics to this it'd be a great system.