[SP FL3] Survival of the fittest Mat gathering [complete]

The day was brilliant. The sun at its peak, the wind blowing gently, and the view simply beautiful. Kiluia sat at the edge of a lake under a tree. A fishing pole was extended out dipping and bobbing in the water. He was dressed for the weather today but his sword lay close by. It was a day to relax. He had brought two of the church kids along to fish as well.

Deep in his heart he knew he would have to leave for the front lines soon. He was teaching them to find for themselves . A few of them were starting to cook. The church couldn't support them all since their number of needy people were growing. Damn adults were worthless. His eyes stared into the distance worrying about all of this while the water slightly struck the sands. It indeed was peaceful.

A slight tug on one of the kids lines was felt and the girl squealed for joyKiluia! I have one! The girls cute smile spread from ear to ear." Well pull it in dummy." He spoke in a nonchalant tone. He could of least been a bit more proud.At least I caught one, baka. She pouted.

He was glad for this time. They would harvest the fish for its oil and eat it later. It was part of Kanas ingredient list for chocolate. He leaned up against the trunk of the tree he was near. " Keep fishing guys."

Eyes wandered around at the slight feeling they were watched. He felt a bit uneasy and his response was to hold his sword in his hand. The children no less decided to keep playing and fishing but the murderous intent was difficult to ignore.

His eyes honed in at certain hiding spots of possible enemies lurking from him. But no words were said about any possible trouble as to not alarm the children. If they wouldn't make a move, neither would he. It could of been a wolf for all he knew.

Kiluia! Look! I caught a big one!The toothy girl held up a squirming fish. It had to of been the size of his hand but yes big to her. Kiluia? She said looking at him. But his eyes were locked on a rocky area near the group.

He stood up and dusted off his pants bending down brushing it off. " Come on out." He said picking up a blade of grass and placed it between his lips." I know your there." The children alarmed now rushed to Kiluias side hoping to escape from harm. As to what was coming out though could only just appear.

A low growl was heard and then a snarl from a wolf looking monster. But then another came out and one more. " Three huh? Which one of you is the alpha? " He grinned.

"Ts k. " He shook his head.Blade laid against his shoulder as he spoke to the kids." Stay out of sight. And stay behind me." He leaned his head back and smiled looking at the wolves. " Too bad you ran into me. " The wolves lunged forward trying to attack him as he swatted them with his sword away." Keep your eyes on me kids." He moved out of the way of the wolves bite

Wolf 1 6/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia 15/15

The wolf lunged and grabbed Kiluias hand and the young man winced. " Don't watch that.." He threw the wolf back to its pack. Their growling was certainly intimidating but he didn't back down from the fight. He took a step back from the battle and looked at his hand. Even though digital, It hurt.

"You OK guys? " He looked at the children. Seemed he was more concerned about their safety than his own. Rules of the job.

Kiluia raised his blade and swung at the first wolf and watched it evade. Maybe he wasn't taking this seriously. He took a step back and sighed a bit. The children seemed confused with his attitude and he waved it off. " Sorry. A bit off my game. " He struggled a bit before pulling back.

Body seemed to tense up as he focused on his next attack.

Wolf 1 6/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia 14/15

The canine lunged forward again and Kiluia side stepped it slapping it away with the back of his hand. " Bad dog." He shouted as he deflected it's initial attack. He was going to get better and faster if it killed him. He had to for his sake and for everyone. Especially her.

Wolf 1 6/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia 14/15

He ran to the alpha and slashed it with his new dagger he wanted to try out but the canine alpha was faster. He sighed underestimating the primitive beast. " If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. " He frowned as he missed.

Kiluia 14/15

Wolf 1 6/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

This was getting a bit outrageous. Was he underestimating them that much ? His blade missed again as he slashed towards the alpha who lead the pack. As he was distracted the other wolf slammed into Kiluias side. He grunted as he was struck again.

Kiluia 13/15

Alpha 10/10

Wolf 6/6

Wolf 6/6

He danced away from the wolves moving in quick fluid movements each time they tried to rush him. Tch. He sighed looking at the kids watching intently as he dodged and fought. Eyes turned to the wolves and he tilted his head. " Keep coming ." He twirled his dagger in his hand and smiled.

Wolf 1 6/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia13/15

He ran to the side evading the canines snapping at his back. This was truly a measure of patience for him. He had to corner one of them.. attack and then run away. It was a good tactic but these were wolves with an alpha. " This is getting old, fast...." He groaned as he looked at them as they tried to surround him. Doing this by himself was harder than expected.

Wolf 6/6

Wolf 6/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia 13/15

It seemed the cat and mouse game was tiring to the wolves as well. They couldn't hit him and he was trying to figure out their attack pattern and speed still. But neither would budge as they stared each other down with murderous looks coming from both parties.

The Alpha howled loudly and it startled both Kiluia and the children. It was the first time the Alpha did anything at all. Was it summoning others? Kiluia shot a look at the children and shouted. " Run back to the town as fast as you can ! Forget about me!" He frantically circled the way toward the children so the wolves couldn't pass him.

The one wolf lunged at the children trying to escape and Kiluia stood between them and it. Dagger rose into the air and slammed down on the wolf's shoulder like butter. He was frantic to keep the children safe. The dagger passed through the flesh of the wolf causing a critical strike. The Wolf howled and shrunk back to the rest licking it's wounds.

Wolf 1 1/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

The wounded wolf was his target as he dashed forward with his dagger raised. The children ran as fast as they could to safety while he fended for himself. Blade then ripped upwards into the canines jaw splitting it open. The first wolf was quickly dispatched.

Wolf 1 dead [ dropped an item]

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

The alpha growled loudly at the death of one of its kind. It rushed Kiluia and snapped it's jaws into his thigh latching on then throwing him into the ground. He winced in pain and held his leg a minute " Damn it "

Kiluia 11/15

Wolf 1 dead

Wolf 2 6/6

Alpha 10/10

The other wolf attempted to attack him while hhe was down but Kiluia reacted by slashing the dog in the throat area causing critical damage again. The Wolf howled in pain and leaped backwards from Kiluias dagger.

Wolf 1 dead

Wolf 2 1/6

Alpha 10/10

Kiluia 11/15

This time the alpha wanted to kill him. As it took a step forward, Kiluia got up and lunged at the beast and hit it with his dagger full force. Blade cut though it's side and he tore into it down wards so the blood may progress more. Based off it, he hit another critical again

Wolf 1 Deas

Wolf 2 6/6

ALPHA 5/10]

Kiluia 11/11