[SP-F4] Alone in the woods

It has been a rough couple of nights trying to find a stationary home since we cant own them until floor 10, i believe. I didnt want to spend anymore money on renting an inn but i was also afraid of sleeping outside in the city, not that people have learned how to sleep kill. It wasnt a day like any other but definitely different, with a really weird atmosphere. I was still training on this curved sword for the katana skill and i knew i had to be close.

Maybe if i tried to sleep in the woods id have a better time doing these things i suggested to myself in my own head.

Staying in the woods tonight would be an adventure of its own seeing as there are hostile players, monsters, and the threat of falling off the world. Then again there are slight benefits if you know where to go, but i wasnt the best person to ask about where to go. I watched as the moon crept over the hills or Aincrad and thought about how peaceful this game could be if one just stopped for a moment to appreciate it.

Out of no where I heard a rustling of bushes and hid behind a tree. There was no place to run really if another player caught me out here. I wasnt going to die here but if i had to be a coward about it, i was going to do what it took. The rustling got louder as the object got closer. I was deathly afraid of what it could possibly be, whether it was a player or a creature, night time was NOT the time to be outside of the city, but i was willing to risk it this once.

Show yourself who ever you are i spoke out confident as i could still hiding behind a tree

A shadow crept out of the brush and into another bush at a fast rate. I heard hissing but people seem to be able to imitate the creatures of the game. I looked to where it dashed to and say the bush move some more. Suddenly i see eerie red glowing eyes staring straight at me.

Come out right now, and i might spare your life i spoke to the eyes as they got brighter and i drew my sword pointing at whatever it was.

A hissing noise was made and the creature launched its body at me. It was a lizard man who had been stalking me. Its initial attack i was able to dodge at first and then was able to strike back. The lizard man was quick, but i believed i could be quicker.

Combat Initiate

My first cut ripped into the creatures side leaving a nice red mark to show where it had been hit. It hissed in pain and backed away a bit but bared its claws and hissed at me showing me how ready it was.

HP

Ryu 41/41

Lizard 11/12

The lizard was tough as nails but i was about to prove i was stronger. The lizard jumped at me and i ran underneath it to avoid the claws. I turned around as it landed, now in front of me and i pulled the sword down attempting to cut the lizard down its back.

Roll 4 miss)

As the sword skimmed by scales its tail cam around and whipped me straight in the face. I knocked me back as i tried to regain my eye sight. These creatures were actually pretty smart for computer programs

HP

Ryu 40/41

Lizard 11/12

I rubbed my cheek.

That actually kinda hurt you jerk i yelled at it.

All it did was hiss at me, then i remembered it doesnt understand me because it was a brainless lizard that was programmed to kill. Well if it wont show mercy then i wont either. I pulled my sword into a striking position and charged at the lizard who hissed swiping at me with its claws.

Heavy Crit 3 damage)

I was able to avoid its claws and slash the creature in the underbelly causing more damage to it since it was a sensitive area on the lizard. It screeched and hissed at me in hatred for doing what i had just done to the poor ugly little beast

HP

Ryu 40/41

Lizard 8/12

With it angered and losing health, it was not long before it would either attempt its rage mode or call for companions, so i knew i had to finish this quickly. I turned the sword over in my hand (so the blade came from my pinky finger) and i ran at the beast slashing at it

Roll 8 hit)

I avoided another attack made by the lizard as another red marker showed up telling me i landed a successful, and much needed hit on the beast.

HP

Ryu 40/41

Lizard 7/12

Flipping the sword back around the lizard lunged at me baring its fangs as it tried to bite me. I swung my sword in an upward direction hoping to catch it in the jaw before it could sink its teeth into me and drain my of my much wanted health points.

Roll 10 Heavy crit 3 damage)

I cut its jaw as i moved out of its way dealing another amount of heavy damage on the beast. It screeched and hissed some more, looking at me with hungry eyes. It now wanted more than my health points....it wanted my life!

HP

Ryu 40/41

Lizard 4/12

I dashed towards the lizard again hoping to end this battle quickly so i could finally go to sleep, but that didnt seem like it was going to happen at this rate of pace we were taking.

Roll 7 Hit)

I stabbed the lizard again dealing some more damage and leaving a fourth red mark in its chest, and at that attack the lizard slammed its tail into my face once more and it screamed loudly at me letting me know it wasnt a very happy reptile.

HP

Ryu 38/41

Lizard 3/12

I backed up and waited for the lizards next attack. It ran towards me flailing its claws around hoping to land a hit and i kept trying to avoid them an find an opening to slash at and kill the threatening little reptilian fiend who now was burdening my sleep schedule.

Roll 4 Miss)

The opening never came, but the lizard was able to jab its long, sharp claws directly into my chest a couple of times not doing too much damage to me but enough to make me back up farther to avoid it again.

HP

Ryu 36/41

Lizard 3/12

I backed into a tree as the lizard-man continued to advance towards me. I was actually getting quite scared of this whole experience. This time there would be no one be able to save me no matter how loud i would scream. In came another set of claws that i was not going to be able to avoid if i didnt do something quick.

Roll 4 miss)

Another set of claws sunk into my chest pinning me to the tree as the lizard man hissed in my face, almost as it was laughing at me. It new i was struggling and i needed a way out of i would become its next meal

HP

Ryu 34/41

Lizard 3/12

It opened its mouth and launched an attack aimed at my head. It was going to bite into my face if i didnt do something right now to stop it. Was this going to be the end of me, i sure hoped not.

Heavy Crit 3 damage)

I gripped the sword a bit harder and rammed it into the gut of the beast and twisted hard. The lizard let out a cry of death and exploded into a million tiny crystal shards. I watched them flutter away as i sunk down against the tree in relief that the fight was over.

HP

Ryu 34/41

Lizard 0/12 <>

Although it was still late at night, it felt like i had fought until the morning light came shining through the trees. I climbed up into a tree and attempted to sleep the night away. Well once wolves started howling, i realized i didnt want to do this anymore, i like nature and all, but not when things go bump in the night.

I jumped out of the tre and high-tailed it back to the city where i knew it would be safe. I gave up trying to live in the woods and realized i didnt want to do anything so stupid again. I paid for a room and headed up the inn stairs to said room. With a sudden flop on my bed i was out like a light and slept like a baby. I was so tired after that fight, i probably could have slept fo a week and never noticed. luckily i only slept the night away but i was still on edge about how the night life affects people in this game.

-complete-