Minimum word count for some rps.

Hey everyone,

So just something that I would like to suggest, I've been role playing for a while, and I understand a lot of the people here are new so long posts are somewhat hard to do. I TOTALLY get that!

However, being so used to 500 words minimum posts, does make receiving two liner responses kinda frustrating and it limits the muse I can write with.

So I was wondering, perhaps in the title or in the first post, we could be allowed to put "Minimum word count limits" to role plays.

What I mean is if I created an open rp, I could post the title like this :

[OP-F1] Roleplay Title [300WM]

The 300WM meaning the minimum number of words a poster can reply with to the thread. This would allow the more advance role players to post with their full potential, and give even some of the newer role players a chance to challenge themselves and develop their skills.

Or instead of putting it in the title the thread starter could put something like :

WARNING:: THIS THREAD REQUIRES A 300 WORD MINIMUM PER POST.

The only issue about this is if people post below that number, and refused to adjust their post to the minimum allowance, a gm perhaps could delete their post from the thread so that the rp could carry on as normal.

It's just an idea of course, if this doesn't suit this rpg, I understand :)

I had that problem on another rp site I was on. Only four members active and all posted one liners. I mainly got by just asking them to post as much as they can and if not they would understand me not posting a reply. This would be a good idea but asking for more might help also. Sometimes others just weren't feeling well enough to comply but can't change that. Anyway, the solution you suggested sounds like you could just do it on your own topics and see if anyone would be willing to comply to joining it.

I wouldn't be bothered by standards. Consider the following though, you could be alienating potentially good players and as such you will miss out. Adjusting to a certain amount is what I do to maintain balance. If I could write a whole book I would but I also don't want people to lose interest either.

By all means though keep high expectations but I think it'd be best to just to adjust as much as possible. If we did have a standard of say 300 I could see a potential fall in amount of interested players ,

This is the thing though, the minimum word limit is optional.

You can add it to your post or leave it off. So it only applies to certain role plays. I'm not saying everyone has to do it, I'm just saying it would be nice for those who like to play around with their writing to have that option. Personally, if I write a three-paragraph posts and someone replied with a two liner about how their characters entered the scene. Watched and did nothing. I have literally nothing to work with except the presence or their character, and that for myself makes for a boring Roleplay.

The excited of two people Roleplay for myself comes from the inability to predict what the person is going to write. It excites me. Besides it can be flexible, 300words is just an example.

It could be 100, 150 or 200 even. Heck it could even be 800 words if they wanted. Sure it would probably take longer to get a reply, but that's fine. Because that's the thread starters choice.

I'm not sure why it would be an issue for anyone, I'm not saying raise everyone's minimum, just give people to option to set their own.

I was thinking about asking for this too, its actually a great idea. We don't usually have this kind of a problem in PP but it would surely help in OP roleplays. And it would be better for the new roleplayers too, if they need training and they do one lines this would surely help them improve their roleplaying skills.