Skill System, Live Beta!

Greetings SAO-ites, your friendly neighborhood Saix/Tiny Meglomaniac Giraffe here, and boy do I have some news for you. After much anticipation, our SAO Skill System is now undergoing a special, FINAL Beta test. You can find the details on how the system works Here.

Since some of our ongoing threads can benefit from this addition, I am allowing the following topics to act as our final Beta test.

Floor 8 Boss Battle

Earning a Living 1

Earning a Living 2

A Broken Road

This Beta Test will serve as a final check to ensure that things will proceed smoothly, as well as help gauge whether or not some of our numerical values will need adjusting.

With that said, I will be starting a new announcement that will have to deal with the Accepted Equipment. We will be doing away with the + battle dice and - battle dice enhancements, and I will need all approved equipment to be renamed to use new terminology. Rather than add a bonus to the battle dice themselves, we will be using + Accuracy and + [individual skill]. Rather than using a - battle dice, we will be adding + evasion roll and - damage modifier instead. In addition, now that we have skills available, equipment can be made with + [individual Stat] enhancements to further tailor your equipment to a specific build you were aiming to create.

That is all for now, stay classy SAOmites

System Tested In these threads for you Saix:

The Decrepit Hikikomori about half way

Thoughts so far:

Its amazing the mechanics, people are just going to have to be more creative on their monster/mini-bosses if they want them to be challenging, but that's not much different than what we have now.

I think in another thread I'm going to try to make a creature who takes 8 DR/-Parry until after a successful parry that round, making it immune to weapons until successfully parried.