[PP-F4]<<Feeding the Enemy>> Waddle Waddle!

I sigh loudly, my boredom taking over me as I walk around on the fourth Floor, just taking a break from crafting for the day.What should I do today? I don't think there is anything guild like going on, nothing major going on, no event, Ugh! Why can't I actually plan something to do some days. I sigh again, kicking a stone out of my way on the dirt road.Maybe I could find a quest? What haven't I done quest wise? Hmm, Secret medicine, haven't done. Gemini? Don't even want to try. Worn out Welcome? To impatient for that. Already Done Blade of Dreams and Search for the Hoya... Feeding the Enemy! I could get a familiar! I immediately race toward the town, trying to find the quest giver.

After running for a while, and panting like a dog for a bit, I get to the main town of floor 4. I let out a slight whistle, this town being my favorite out of all the floors by far.Where oh where would you be quest giver? I think to myself as I make the long walk down the snowy mountain to the town below.Didn't Miaki take this quest? I could message him to see where the quest giver is, actually I could use some help getting my Familiar, why not ask? I pop open my HUD screen in-front of me and start to type the message right away.

Hey Miaki, I'm going to be starting the <> quest and I was wondering if you could help with it? It's fine if you can't. Sincerely, Clarence.

I send the message and start running through the snow to the town, hopping to catch him in time, if he says yes.

Miaki had just finished eating in his new home in the inn on the fourth floor when he received a message from Clarence about help with a quest. He sent a quick reply asking for the location of where to meet and closed the menu. Nikki had already gone out for guild matters and would return mid afternoon before it got too cold out.

After paying for his food he stood up from the table inn and threw on an olive green cloak to keep warm. Opening the door to the outside he broke out to see what the day would offer.

I finally come to a stop at a less snow-covered bench around the center of the city. I get startled slightly by a message notification and I blush slightly, embarrassed. I read the message from Miaki and I start typing back a message immediately.

Just meet me in the center of town.

I send the message back and sit on the bench, admiring the snow.What type of familiar would I even get? Polar bear cub? Snow fox, snow owl... PENGUIN! I must get a penguin! My bright idea pops into my head and I smile a bit. I start to get lost in my thoughts as I stare off into space a bit.

'Center of town huh? That's easy. Not far from my place at all. Miaki told himself as he continued forward through the snow covered path. He left behind the small village he now lived in for the main settlement where Clarence was waiting for him. When he made it through the town a larger crowd of players were visiting the area than was normally expected. Perhaps they were looking for a timed event that would appear. He soon enough spotted his Commandant sitting on a bench. "Yo Clarence!" He said while giving a half wave. "How's it going?"

(OOC: As far as I know at this time nobody knows about my engagement to Nikki (which we'll say is very recent). You may decide whether or not you have acquired the information from an information broker. But you wouldn't know about us living together yet.)

I get startled from my thoughts and hop up from the bench I was sitting on, facing my guild leader Miaki."Hey Miaki. I'm doing good. How about you?" I say back to Miaki, a suggestive tone in my voice. I give Miaki a smile."So, you ready to get a familiar. I have decided on what animal I want. I want a.." I pause a bit for more effect."A penguin!" I say with a smile, thinking it is such a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Miaki smiled a little knowing that Clarence was hinting to Miaki's relationship with Nikki Styx. The 8th floor boss had been defeated which opened up the 9th floor for scouting for the next boss room and Miaki had his date with Nikki. It was no secret that they were feeling strongly towards each other. Especially after what happened at the end of the boss raid. The next day he and Nikki had a pleasant evening dinner together in a private resurant on the 8th floor. That night Miaki proposed to Nikki and she said yes. Now the two were living together in an inn here on the 4th floor. Amazing how much could happen in only a few days.

"Pretty great Clarence." Not hiding the fact of his blissful time recently. "So you're thinking about a penguin huh? Well this floor is as good as any. Finding one might be hard though." He told his friend. Not a single time could Miaki think about ever hearing about seeing a penguin anywhere or anything of the sort. "Really difficult to find actually."

I start to immediately smile as Miaki figures out what I was hinting at."I'm glad you have been having such a great time." I say that and start to listen to Miaki talk about finding a penguin.Have I seen a penguin? I don't remember seeing one on this floor, I think there have been some rumors about finding one though, hopefully they are true. I begin to go through many other thoughts and possibilities of finding a penguin."You're right on that count, finding a penguin will not be that fun at all. Wait! i almost forgot, I need to get my quest from the NPC quest giver, do you know where it is?" I ask Miaki as I pop up my HUD screen, opening my map from there.

Miaki leaned against the corner of the bench and thought back to when he got his silver winged falcon <>. It was during a visit to the hot desert fifth floor. He somehow triggered the random event and with the aid of two of his friends he manged to acquire his falcon who has been helpful on many expeditions. "Well I'm not exactly sure how the random event is triggered but you encounter an old gypsy or something who gives you food that you are to feed to the creature you friend. Nikki and I had to subdue her familiar, Titan."

Old Gypsy.... where in hell can you find an old gypsy on Floor 4? maybe a bar?.... Yeah probably a bar or a old building I smile slightly as Miaki mentions Nikki, my thoughts spiraling into the planning session for there special day I had on Floor 8 a while ago."Yeah probably find the Gypsy in a bar or an old building. Speaking of Nikki, how is she?" i ask Miaki with a smile, wondering if he knows what I know.

Clarence's suggestion of finding the NPC in a bar might actually be a good idea. Some place where a lot of social gatherings happened sounded like a good place to start. It was common to find quests start in local taverns and places where players met often. "That might be a good place to start looking. I know just the place to start. Follow me." He said as he lead Clarence through the snow covered streets towards one of the taverns in the center of town where they were.

As they made their way to the location that had in mind. "NIkki is doing well. I think she is doing something with some recruits in the Ebon Vanguard. Gotta get them ready for the heat of floor 9. Have you been up there yet? Oh right you were one of the first to check it out."

I listen to Miaki talk about Nikki and what she was doing and the only thing I could think was. I need tot ell him I know he is getting married, but how?"Glad Nikki is doing good. Wait! Before I forget I have a potion for you for the Boss battle on Floor 9. I know its very early just I thought you might want it now just in-case you need it before hand." I smile at Miaki and swipe my hand down in the air, bringing up the HUD screen. I bring out my newest potion, <> and hand it to Miaki."Thought it would suit you because of the name and all." I close my HUD screen and continue to walk with Miaki, approaching the tavern.

Miaki accepted the item sent to him and examined it sitting in his inventory. He made a small inward laugh looking at the name of the potion. Good to know he'll have something to use when the time came for the next boss raid. "Thanks man. This'll do nicely." He said to him. The tavern was now in sight. Walking closer, Miaki could see some players sitting close to the small round windows. "I'd reckon this is where we will find our gypsy." He said holding the door open for Clarence to go through.

"Oh why thank you Sir." I say, laughing slightly as I enter the tavern. The smell of whiskey and uncleaned people hit my noise and I cough slightly, hating the smell of whiskey."Lets just find this gypsy." I say with a grimace as I approach the center of the tavern. I turn on my heel a bit and look around the room till I see a quest icon popping up and down above a old woman."I think I found her." I say to Miaki as I approach her, she starting to turn towards me."I see you are interested in gaining a friend?" She practically croaks out, her voice a whole lot older then her looks.

Miaki crossed his arms and inwardly gave himself a pat on the back for hitting it right on the mark with his guessing about the gypsy. She spoke with Clarence using almost the same script that Miaki heard. After giving him a small bag of food she sat back down and didn't seem to notice them standing there. "And step one is done. Now onto the other dozen tasks that have to be done before this quest is over." He pointed with his thumb at the door. We'd best get started."

"Well, lets get going I guess." I walk past Miaki and hold the door open for him.

----------------------------------------------20 Minutes later---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooooo..... Elessar found someone. Her name is Lisbeth." I say to Miaki, trying to break the dull silent awkwardness that was forming on our walk.I need to tell him about the wedding plans for him and Nikki! How will I tell him. Also should I say something about me and Sakuri? Ugh. Thoughts racing around my mind and I creases my eyebrows in frustration, coming out to anything isn't really my forte.

Miaki's head turned in surprise. He knew the name of the girl Clarence mentioned. "Lisbeth Senpai?" He said with some surprise in his tone. "I know her. We had a run in with some trouble on the 8th floor which I jumped in on. She recently joined the Ebon Vanguard I heard." He thought about that little fight where he went toe to toe with a minotaur and ended up throwing the beast off the platform to the dangers below. "No kidding... So what about you? When are you gonna find someone of interest? Ehhhhh?" He said while nudging Clarence in the side with his elbow.

"Yep Lisbeth, can't really believe that everyone I know, except Shanok and Zelrius, are getting dates... and married." I look at Miaki with a knowing smile. When Miaki brings up me dating someone, my face turns to, what you could mistake for an apple."I... I actually did find someone.." I practically whisper out, not knowing if Miaki will be accepting of my choice in gender and Person.

Miaki's eyes darted to Clarence with a wide eye'd expression. How could he possibly know about his engagement? They hadn't told a soul. Sure anyone in the boss raid could have seen them kiss Clarence was one of them now that Miaki thought about it but still that couldn't explain the word of marriage getting out. He spoke in a low tone almost with a slight squeak to it. "H-how did you?..... Who have you told?" In his surprise he completely missed the bit about Clarence mentioning possibly finding someone.

I smile slightly at Miaki. I slowly raise my finger to my lips and make a shush noise with my mouth."Spoilers. All I will say is that. I'm very noisy and people tend to be noisy too." I give a evil smile and continue to walk along with Miaki."You talk to Keith recently? I have't seen him in a while and wanna know if everything is okay with him." I tell Miaki as we still continue to walk to the more frozen area of this floor.Didn't he ask me something before this wedding thing came up- dating, crap.