[PP-F3] Return to the lake -Complete-

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small chime sounded somewhere in the back of Shiro's mind and an icon appeared in her field of view. It seemed Seld had sent her a message. Some time had passed since their first meeting and Shiro's subsequent storming off. She tapped the icon and opened the message. It seemed Seld wanted her to join him on the third floor so they could gather materials for a new weapon.

Shiro clicked on the "Reply" button and let Seld know she was on her way. Closing the message window, she manipulated the interface to re-equip her clothing and foil, and made her way downstairs. This inn wasn't particularly fancy, and she was glad to be rid of it.

Seldentar kneels down, scratching behind the foxes ears. After getting the reply from Shiro, he materializes a small piece of boar meat, feeding it to the fox.

"I know its been a while since you were out in the field with me. Sorry about that. I'm gonna need you to help make sure a friend of mine is ok though. We are gonna go fight those sea lions again."

After a frankly refreshing journey of a few hours, Shiro finally arrived at the elven village on the third floor of Aincrad. She had decided to go on foot in an effort to take in the sights and was glad she made that decision. While the village was not particularly large (especially compared to the overwhelming size of《Starting City》), she was still having a somewhat hard time finding Seld. Eventually, she gave up and opened her map to look for his party icon. Ah, there he was. Rounding a corner, she saw the man seated near a cute animal that she had never seen before in the game.

Approaching Seld, she squatted next to him and reached out to pet the creature.

"Hello. Who's this then?" She said with a smile.

Seldentar smiles when Shiro walks up, and kneels down. He turns to look at her with a grin.

"This is Shadow, my familiar. I'm what's called a beast tamer, we get the ability to tame and train pets. I rescued this guy from a pack of wolves on floor two. He was an enemy at first, but after I fed him his cursor turned green."

He stands up brushing himself off.

"So, are you ready to head out?"

Shiro ruffled Shadow's fur a bit before standing up herself.

"Sure. And hey... I'm sorry I freaked out a bit yesterday. It's just difficult for me to trust people sometimes."

She of course realised how silly it was to say that while actively being so chummy with a man who is practically a stranger. Something about him made him easy to trust, though. She felt at ease around Seldentar. After the incident yesterday... she could use some ease.

Seldentar nods, a troubled look on his face.

"I didn't get a chance to explain yesterday. Ruri isn't a normal pker. There's a group of people who went orange because they hunt down and kill PKers. Ruri is one of them. I...I understand there reasoning, I just don't agree with their methods. Pkers need to be stopped, but to take a life...I think it changes you inside."

He closes his eyes for a moment.

"I don't want to become the monsters we fight against."

Shiro stared at Seld for a moment, and then...

"PFFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

She understood what Seldentar was saying. She understood the way he felt and she was, frankly, relived to find out that even though she was an orange player, Ruri was trying to make this world safer in her own way. But his choice of words left her in stitches. Through her laughter, she wiped away at her eye with a delicate finger.

"You sound like you're in a manga or something! 'I don't want to become the monsters we fight.' Hahahahaha."

Seldentar looks at her for a moment, before laughing himself.

"Yeah...I guess that was a bit theatric. I was a LARPer in the other world, comes with the territory I guess."

He looks out to the wilderness for a moment before swiping his hand down, opening his map data for her to view.

"Here is our target, a lake infested with sea lions. They drop a special metal called . It's super light weight, but very durable. Perfect for fast weapons like daggers and rapier."

Peering over his shoulder at the map, she made a mental not of the location in relation to the village.

"Alright. Though I must admit, I'm a bit confused as to the logistics of fighting aquatic wildlife with swords."

Seld knew what he was doing, of course, so she had no real need to worry. Or so she thought. Ultimately she was just curious. Maybe the monsters would come out of the water to fight them! She decided to push the thought from her mind and just let things happen as they happen.

"After you!"

Twirling a bit of her hair round her finger, she strolled along at Seld's side, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells f the village as they made their way out into the field. This floor was beautiful too. Shiro was starting to wonder if this whole world was going to leave her breathless. She touched the handle of her sword. Soon, she would have a replacement. She started imagining what it might look like as they walked in relative silence.

Seldentar brings Shiro to the lake he had visited in the past. The water looked clear, and refreshing. Around the beach like area, sea lions were on the edge of the water and land. They almost looked peaceful, except for the red cursors over their heads.

"Well Shiro, here we are."

Shiro looked around at the large creatures along the shores of the lake. They were ugly things, but that shouldn't be a bother, considering they were about to kill them for material goods.

"Third floor. Are they particularly strong? I'm pretty excited to be able to fight again."

She smiled at Seld as she spoke. She wanted to get stronger, and she relished the fact that she could enjoy the process by which she would do so.

Shiro's eyes lit up, she was sure. She smiled wide and drew her foil. Whipping it left, then right to remind herself if its weight, she walked towards the nearest of the beasts, dropped into her stance, and leaned back activating her sword skill《Linear》. Rushing forward in a lightning-fast lunge, towards the creature, she initiated combat. Sadly, in her inexperience, she misjudged the distance to the monster and her skill deactivated just short of reaching it.

Sea-Lion: 6/6

Shiro: 11/11

Seldentar: 37/37

Mumbling under her breath, she stepped back to gain a touch of distance between herself and the Sea Lion. Throwing her weight forward gracefully, she attempted a simple thrust. Unfortunately, the monster chose that moment to acknowledge her existence, and just barely escaped the attack.

"Gaaaah! Stay still so I can harvest your parts!"

Sea Lion: 6/6

Shiro: 13/13

Shadow: 34/34

Seld: 37/37

Sea Lion: 3/6

Shiro is, in fact, not fairing. She's having quite a fair bit of trouble maintaining distance and landing hits. Just... calm down and don't think about it so much, she thought to herself. She made a quick flourish, hoping that the creature was as slow as it looked. The tip of her《Basic Foil》cut ribbons into the side of the beast, and she hopped back to avoid any counters.

Sea Lion: 3/6

Shiro: 13/13

Shadow: 34/34

Seld: 37/37