Equiment Adjustments (Updated 7/22/14)

What do you think?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No!
    • I like the concept, but needs work.

Leather Equipment: The effectiveness with which a player can use Leather Equipment. For each Skill Point invested in the Leather Equipment Skill, incoming damage is reduced by 1 damage point.

Light Metal Equipment: The effectiveness with which a player can use Light Metal Equipment and Light Metal Shields. For each skill point invested in the Light Metal Equipment Skill, incoming damage is reduced by 1 damage point.

Heavy Metal Equipment: The effectiveness with which a player can use Heavy Metal Equipment and Heavy Metal Shields. For each skill point invested in the Heavy Metal Equipment Skill, incoming damage is reduced by 1 damage point.

Catching up on a few things I found on the forum from the time I was on a vacation with my family, I would like to go ahead and propose a change to the equipment boosts.

I personally believe that Leather should not be able to protect a person as well as a set of Heavy armor can. My recommendation, for this situation would be this...

Leather should protect 1 damage point, Light Metal Equipment should protect 2 damage points, and Heavy should protect 3. However because they all do various points of damage protection.

Leather should be able to rank up the same as everything else does.

Light Metal Equipment should take 3 points to rank up and then +3 every rank

While Heavy Metal Equipment should take 4 points to rank up and then +4 for every rank. This way it makes it harder to use Heavy metal equipment, but it pays off a lot more in the end.

NEW ADDITION!

Also, with Heavy armor a prerequisit of a skill rank of 2 speed should be required to equip it because it should have a penalty on a player's speed. Heavy armor does mean, it is HEAVY, and that you can't just full out SPRINT with gear like that. The same for Light Metal Equipment, should require Speed Rank of 1, as it will have a slight penalty on your speed of your player.

while on paper is makes more sense to have heavier armor do more reduction, it doesn't work mechanically. the intire point of doing the system the way its done is so that every skill ranks up the same way and give equal ability. the only way to balance making armor different is if we made detriments to them which negates their use. the staff argued this very point for weeks which is part of the reason why it took so long for the skills to be finalized and posted. we weighed options for diversifying armor and came to the decision that is is simpler and easier to follow to have them be one system isntead of three different armor systems.

Essentially, the system has been weighed carefully to ensure that attack and defense are on the same page ability wise, so that we don't see a case of attacks that can blow through defense like nothing and defense that is completely impregnable once it goes past a certain level. It's all balanced, so that no one skill is the 'ultimate' skill.