[PP-F1]«Earning a Living»

Shizuki Akashi stepped out of a glowing blue portal that had just appeared at the Starter Town's Teleport Gate. She then spent several hours, strolling around the Starter Town, unsure of what to do next. She had just completed her first quest for the Anneal Blade is a village named Horunka on the first floor, and came to the starter town looking for a new quest. After a while, she ended up in the shopping district, checking out shops and market stalls to see if anyone needed anything, or to see if anything interested her.

She ended up stopping in a tailoring shop, looking at cloaks and robes. Buying is nice, but she wanted something more... Unique. She looked up. It would be nice to be able to make my own robes and armor... She thought. She turned her head to the lady at the counter, who had her eyes closed, head cocked to the side, and a big friendly smile on her face.

Shizuki walked to the counter. "Oh, lady?" She asked, to get her attention.

"Hmm?" The lady at the counter replied.

"How did you become a tailor?"

"Oh? I was taught it by someone else."

"Do you think you could teach me?"

"I'm not the best teacher, but I'll show you how to craft an item. Once you know how to do that, and have a shop, you're pretty much a tailor. Then you just have to profit from it."

Shizuki nodded. That was all the knowledge she needed, she didn't need an apprenticeship.

"Normally, I trade or order materials... But you look like you can collect them yourself. Go outside of the starter town and kill a boar for it's hide. I'll craft something, showing you how to do it. I'll keep the material and the craft, you can have the knowledge. Sound fair?"

Shizuki nodded again. Anything made from a boar hide didn't sound like something she'd want, anyway. "I'll be back, later." And with that, she left the shop.

Shizuki went through the giant Starter City and out the northern side's, main gate. Once she was in the plains surrounding the Starter Town, she began searching for a Boar. The were everywhere, and she didn't have to search long. A few meters infront of her, there was two boars together. This should be easy, She thought, and ran towards the one closest to her.

Shade, who was standing outside the main gate, felt something zoom past him. He stumbled slightly and blinked, looking up. "...The Hell?" He said, regaining his footing and squinting to see what moved passed him. "Shizuki...?" He said with a sigh, then rolling his eyes and walking to where she was going. "Better make sure she doesn't get herself killed."

Shizuki charged at the boar closest to her. Before she got to it, they both aggo'd on her. Before she could even hit one, the other charged into her, knocking her beck. It didn't do much at all, but it made her feel silly to be hurt by the weakest monster in the game.

«Shizuki»

14/15

«Frenzy Boar 1»

5/5

«Frenzy Boar 2»

5/5

Shade saw Shizuki had started battle and he drew Demon's Fang. He rushed in and slashed board on the snout, giving it a stern kick across the jaw as it squealed. "Hmph. I thought we wouldn't see eachother again so soon." Shade said, going back next to Shizuki.

«Shizuki»

14/15

«Shade»

17/17

«Frenzy Boar 1»

5/5

«Frenzy Boar 2»

2/5

Shizuki didn't say anything, focused on the boars infront of her. She charged the first one again, but this time the other boar was focused on Shade and didn't surprise attack her. She slashed at it's abdomen, an orange gash appearing through it's back, side and stomach, and then she jumped back.

«Shizuki»

14/15

«Shade»

17/17

«Frenzy Boar 1»

2/5

«Frenzy Boar 2»

2/5

Shade got his sword ready and the next boar came at him, squealing as it charged. Shade took a simple side-step and cleaved down on the boar, using his own weight to add onto the strength of the attack. The boar was quickly chopped in half, becoming two pieces before exploding like everything else in the game.

«Shizuki»

14/15

«Shade»

17/17

«Frenzy Boar 1»

2/5

Shizuki ran towards the boar again, and before it even had the chance to attack, and with a precise blow she plunged her blade into the soft spot in the back of it's head, it's weak point. It exploded into a cloud of hundreds of tiny blue crystals, and She sighed when the boar didn't drop anything.

"It's been a day. We literally split up yesterday." She said, turning towards him. "What are you doing in the Starter Town?"

«Shizuki»

14/15

«Shade»

17/17

«Frenzy Boar 1»

0/5

«Frenzy Boar 2»

0/5

"I was down on this floor gathering supplies before I went up to the higher ones. And you certaintly aren't a starter anymore yourself... So why are you still here? I would have thought you would have left this place right away." He said, putting away Demon's fang and crossing his arms.

Shade raised an eyebrow and then shrugged. "Heh. I thought you would have gotten them all done by now. Guess you're just lazier than I thought." He then sighed and looked to her. "But I digress. What quest is it you're doing, exactly?"

Shizuki narrowed her eyes at Shade. "Don't make me gut you with the sword you helped me get!" She sighed and relaxed. "I...I'm..." She began, her face flushing lightly. After a moment's pause, she sighed again. "I'm planning on getting a profession. I'm going to become a tailor." She turned away, her arms crossed. "Not like a loner like yourself would know anything about that." She couldn't help but smirk.

"Loner? I have plenty of friends." Shade was lying through his teeth. He had nobody. Meggido was a possible friend, but the only time they did any kind of "Hanging out" was during a PK. The twins Yuko and Yuka? Moe likely than not, they just saw Shade as an asset. And according to Shade's friend list, Shizuki was the only person who actually thought more of him than just a Maverick. "Whatever... Just how exactly are you becoming a Tailor?"

Shade blinked and then shrugged. "So? I'm not one to judge." He was one to judge, but he didn't do it this time. If there was one thing he learned, it wasn't to judge Shizuki. He didn't feel like going in a body bag. "If you need help being a Tailor, I can be more than happy to lend you a hand."

Shade blinked and he crossed his arms. "Of course I have a profession. How else do you think I got my sword?" he then sighed and kept speaking. "However, I don't know how to help you become a Tailor. These quests are quite bland at times, and don't give you much to go on."

Shade nodded and looked around, seeing a pair of boar... Grazing? (Is that what boars do?) But anyway, they were doing something over there. Shade pointed to them and looked to Shizuki. "We can continue over there with those boars." he said, starting to move over to the boars.