[PP-F1] First Contact (Mortambo x Ruri)

After the first few weeks or so of being stuck in SAO, Mortambo was so bored and tired of killing Boars he was just wandering aimlessly around Starting City.

He finally came to rest in the main plaza and slumps onto the ground pulling out some bread to eat. He watches all of the people passing by and thinks to himself "It's been weeks and I still haven't even made a friend. It's just been the constant grind to try and level so I can be on the Assault Team. And since I wasn't a beta tester, even that much is rather useless." He takes a bite of his bread and a sip of his water, and then sighs very deeply, continuing his internal monologue "I need to find something to get me out of this funk, and get me motivated again."

The young girl of the age of 14 walked along a path in the grasslands a small river as she walked past. Today she had wanted to get to know some new players and perhaps even help them out a bit. Seeing that there were many new groups of players yet she saw one in particular.

The bluenette walked past the man and noticed him turning towards him. "Hello there you must be new." She spoke as she looked over to him. "My name's Ruri." She spoke again putting the palm of her hand in front of her as she smiled over to him, already she hadn't known much about him but she at least wanted to get to know him better.

Mortambo kind of snaps out of his daze and looks at the young girl in front of him as she introduces herself. He manages to stammer out "Um...yeah, I'm new." He quickly stands and takes the offered hand and bows to her. "I'm Mortambo. I haven't really met many people yet. Mostly, I've just spent my time out on the plains killing boars. It's very nice to meet you, Ruri." He smiles and straightens to a standing position.

"Hi Mortambo!~" She giggled as she bowed as well a slight smile struck on her face. "What were you doing out here?" She asks in a kind tone as she finished the bow and looked over to the man. She wasn't sure what to say next but let him answer her question as she awaited the answer she grinned over to him. Her cheerful personality coming into view.

Mortambo couldn't help but smile at the younger girl as he replied "I was just...bored." He sighs deeply before continuing, "Just spending my days doing nothing but hunting mobs has killed my motivation to do...well anything." He smiles again and asks "How do you stay so cheery stuck in this game? I didn't realize how good my real life was until I got stuck here." He seems to sober up again, "I miss it sometimes."

"I have all my friends and family around me..." She spoke softly before smiling over to him. "Wouldn't you be happy?" She asked him as she thought for a moment. "I don't know how little old me would make you motivated but I will try!" She grinned as she fist-pumped into the air. "But first.... I'm a little hungry. Aren't you?" She asked in a kind, soft tone to the man.

"Friends and family...you are lucky. I don't know anyone here yet." Mortambo hesitates for a moment before going on "Except for you of course!" He smiles at the her. He starts to say "No I'm not real--" then his stomach growls loudly betraying him. He grins sheepishly "Actual I'm starving, and all I can afford is the basic bread and water. Hunting Boars doesn't pay all that well. They said back in the real world that bread and water is all you needed, but it gets really boring after a while."

"Any ideas of where to eat?" She asked him in a kinder tone as she knew there where many choices in town, walking along a path that had traveled along the town she grinned over to him. 'I wonder where Kanya is...' She had thought before turning her head toward him.The dark furred wolf pup with piercing blue eyes had an image in her head as she continued along the path.

"Not really..." he looks down for a second trailing off, and then looks back up at Ruri, "Mostly I just buy the bread in the market. Do you know of any good places?" Mortambo inwardly winced a little bit as he thought of how much Col this would cost him, "I'm sure she's used to eating much better than that." He lifts his head to the breeze though, and savors it for a moment as he turns his attention back to her.

"Yeah that looks great!" Mortambo says as he starts heading towards the <>. "So do you usually just walk up to strangers who look lost and introduce yourself?" he says and grins at her, "And if it's not too rude of a question, what floor are you on anyway? You're obviously way past Floor 1." As they enter the Cafe he tells the waitress they will need a table for two, "Unless you have more friends coming?" he asks and looks back at Ruri.

"I just help out new players." The young girl smiled as she looked over to him. "I'm on floor 8 with the front liners, soon floor 9." She spoke then looked forward as he asked if she had more friends coming. "Nope only us. Unless someone suddenly PMs me about something." she giggled as she looked over to Mortambo and shook her head slightly. "Any ideas about what to eat?" She had asked him as she looked over to the man a smile on her face still.

"So you are on the Assault Team? Wow, I want to make it there some day. It was kind of my goal since day 1 to be a tank on the Assault Team, but I kind of got off track," he frowns, "I'm really bad about getting bored and distracted. In real life, I could always log off and go do something else, but being stuck here I just lose focus for a long time." He smiles across the table at her, "I have no idea what to order, I've never eaten here before and I haven't been very adventurous with my eating so far. What's your favorite dish?"

"I usually order some sort of sandwich, some kind of water or lemonade along with it.." Ruri spoke as she looked across the table to Mortambo ordering a small sandwich as what she usually had and some water. "Are you sure you haven't had anything here?" She asked him with a smile hoping that he had a somewhat familiarity with the dishes they served here.

Mortambo shakes his head, "Unfortunately no. I've led a pretty boring life so far. Just hunting. I haven't really taken the time to stop and relax." He smiles as he continues "Maybe that is my problem. Usually in games I am so focused on leveling and questing that when I want to relax I just log off. Not being able to log off means I need to find some way to relax here, inside the game." He sits back for a moment and considers this. "A sandwich and some lemonade sounds great. I hope it's good here!" he says as he grins across the table at Ruri. "Is it weird to be so excited about not having to just eat the same old bread?"

"Hey I would be excited too." She giggled slightly before the food arrived at the table. She smiled over to him before nibbling at the sandwich along with sipping the water she'd ordered. A grin still on her face as she continued to eat the meal. "So what do you think?" She asked to Mortambo as she looked over to him hoping that he thought the meal was yummy as well.

Mortambo takes a bite of his sandwich and then excitedly takes a huge bite of about a quarter of it. When Ruri asks him what he thinks he looks up at her with his cheeks puffed out like a squirrel and tries to say something. "Oops..." he apologizes as he drops crumbs on himself. He quickly chews and swallows the mouthful he had and replies "It's SO delicious. Thank you!! And uh, sorry about that, it was quite rude of me." He takes his next bite much more gingerly, and savors it.

She giggled a little at the squirrel across from her. "Silly, I'm glad you like it!" She had giggled as she looked around the cafe seeing many other players start to enter and eat. "So after this what do you want to do?" She asked him with a smile on her face as she looked across the table at him, chewing off another corner of the sandwich and washing it down with a gulp of water.

Mortambo takes another bite before replying,"I'm not really sure. I'd love to see the 8th floor where you fight with the Assault Team, but that might be too dangerous for me. Do you have any favorite spots down here? Places you thought were really awesome and beautiful?" He takes another bite and a sip of his lemonade, and chews slowly, seeming to think to himself. "Or I heard about some rock monsters up in the mountains," he smiles at her and then takes another bite of his sandwich, "I'm a little weak to fight them alone, but I could use the crafting materials...if you don't mind tagging along with a newbie."

((Edited because I thought of something more practical to do... >.>))

"Interesting... the rocky regions are in floor 2... How did you know about the region before visiting it?" She asked him with a little bit of a funny look on her face more like a surprised motion. "I guess I don't mind much, as long as you stay behind me." She spoke with a smile as she looked over to Mortambo, biting into the sandwich again as she finished it, as she drank another sip of her water before moving back towards the conversation.

((Sorry for the later reply T-T it was hard to reply to the other thing you had written))