[SP-ALL] The Never-Ending Adventure

Keith gulped and held his cuffed hands up. "I'll go quietly! Just don't prod me bros!" He felt sharp objects prod him in the back, forcing him along. Keith walked, and soon came to a building they put him in, then shoving him into a cell. And that was how Keith Yudai got into prison.

Keith looked around his cell. Gray stone walls, a bucket, a roll of cloth on the ground, and only a small window with bars. Keith sighed and leaned against the wall. His gear was confiscated, and all he had was a roughspun tunic. Which held no enhancements whatsoever. Keith sighed and hit his head against the wall. "I hope this prison doesn't use bar soap..."

Keith then heard something from the window, and he looked up to see Ruby. "Ruby! What're you doing here?" Keith asked, happy that his Carbuncle chose him over returning to the wildlife. Ruby squeezed through the bars and hopped down, rubbing it's head against Keith's body.

Keith smiled and hugged the small creature, before setting it down and pointing to a sleeping guard's belt. "See the key's on that guy's belt, Ruby? Go get 'em!" Keith said, and Ruby scampered toward the bars, squeezing through and trotting over and standing on it's hind legs, taking the key's in it's tiny mouth.

Ruby trotted back over, but as he approached the bars, he was held back by the keys in his mouth. "Ugh... They key's won't fit... Try and find another way, Ruby." The Carbuncle nodded and turned around, putting the ring of keys around his neck and scampering off.

Ruby trotted through the corridor, looking for a route into the cell. Ruby then saw a small ventilation shaft, and the purple Carbuncle got an idea. It ran toward the shaft and crawled in, beginning to squirm up and making his way through the vents and navigating his way to above Keith's cell.

Ruby finally made it above Keith's cell, looking down at him from a grate. He began hitting his tail against it to knock it down, but then felt a sharp pain in his side, then being tossed aside. The Carbuncle squirmed up and looked to see a large, hairy rat. Patches of it's fur were missing and it was coated with all kinds of filth.

Ruby ran forward and brought his tail into a spin, making it slam right into the rat's jaw, making a loud crack echo as it made the rat roll onto the ground. The rat stood up and hissed, running at Ruby as it bared it's fangs, making a loud, disease-ridden noise, attempting to bite Ruby.

Ruby leaped out of the way and then hit the rat again, much more force applied this time. The snapping of the rat's neck could be heard from the powerful slam, and it was slung against the side of the vent, instantly bursting into crystals and dissipating. Ruby then walked back to the grate and continued his job.

Ruby then opened the latch with his mouth and the grate groaned open, opening downward. Ruby then hopped down and landed on Keith's lap, sliding the keys of of his neck and onto Keith's leg. Keith pat Ruby on the head and stood up, placing the Carbuncle on his shoulder.

Keith stood up and wiped some dust off of his prison clothing, then walking over to the bars and taking the keys, reaching through and feeling around for the lock. He then felt the indention and finally pushed the key in, turning it and opening the door. Keith then stepped into the hall and looked around.

Keith looked to the right, and saw the exit, to the left, there was more cells and a door to the end. 'I can't leave yet... I still gotta get my gear..." He whispered, turning to the left and starting to head towards the deeper bowels of the prison, determined to get his gear.

Keith walked through the hall, having to squint to see well. "Gosh... I really need to level up my night-vision skill..." He sighed, looking through his inventory and looking for something usable to illuminate the room, no such luck. "Looks like I gotta do this the old-fashioned way..."

Keith began feeling the walls, slowly making his way through the ward as he heard the snores of prisoners, and lazy guards. He then felt a heavy wooden door, and he opened it up a crack, hearing nothing on the other side, and light poured out. He then quickly entered and closed the door.

Keith scanned the room for any guards, and thankfully, he found none. Keith then looked around the room for anything his gear may be contained in. He walked over to a chest in the corner of the room and swung open, looking down into it, Keith found a katana with a blue handle. Astral Blade. But where was everything else?

Keith collected the katana and then quickly equipped it, making the sword gleam to life at his side. "Seems they scattered my gear out all over the place, eh Ruby?" Keith asked the small Carbuncle on his shoulder, who nodded and gave a yip. Keith then closed the chest and stood up again, rearing to get a move on.

Keith started moving back towards the door, entering into the hallway and closing the door behind him. He drew his sword and charged up an attack, but instead of using it, he just let his sword glow a pale blue, lighting up the hallway so he could see around the prison much easier.

Keith walked through the corridor, looking for any more rooms his gear might be in, and he came to another large door leading out of the hall. Keith opened it up, to reveal two guards who had been talking at a table. They, however, were now standing up and pointing their spears at the Blue Blader.

Keith drew his katana and got ready to fight, Yudai style. "Oh no! I just got out of my cell and I am NOT going back in there! Bring it on!" Keith wasn't going to kill them, but he just needed to incapacitate them somehow. Question was, how could he use the area to his advantage to do it?

One guard tried to Rush Keith, who just sidetepped and tripped the guard, sending him into a roll. Keith then ran to the other one and slashed, snapping the low-quality spear in half with his high-quality katana. The guard then raised his fists and Keith kicked the guard in the chest, sending him spiraling back onto the table, making it groan and collapse under the pressure, knocking the guard unconscious.