[OP-F1] << Secret Medicine of the Forest >>

Making his way through the plaza towards one of the exits to town, Ento stopped by the tavern on his way out. Walking inside he headed straight for the bar and took himself a seat next to another player.

"Hey, there! Barkeep! May I get a glass of water?"

The barkeep gave a curt nod and put down the glass he was washing, heading to fill the order. As the barkeep filled the glass, Ento took the time to glance around the tavern, noting the exits as well as some of the more attractive clients in the room. A minute or two passed as the barkeep came back, setting the glass of water down for Ento, returning to cleaning the glass he was working on before.

Ento picks up the glass, taking a small sip from it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting down the glass, an Elderly man approached Ento at the bar.

"Hello young man, are you one of those adventurers..?"

Ento taking a moment to look the man up and down, sizing him up, considered his words carefully.

"I, would not call myself that, however, I am in the line of work where you can expect results. How may I help you today?"

The Man breathed a heavy sigh of relief and took a seat on the barstool next to Ento.

"Thank goodness, my wife, you see she is rather ill. I was told by the doctor that he needs a <> to be able to cure her. Would you be able to help me..?"

Reaching over to the bar and picking up his water, Ento took a long drink before setting it down and looking back over at the man.

"Sure, was heading out that way regardless. "

Ento patted the man on the shoulder and headed out of the tavern, towards the exit of town. This time with a goal. A mission.

As Ento made his way out of town and towards the forest where he might find <>, he began to check over all of his equipment. Nothing fancy, just some basic light armor and a dagger to fight with.

'It will have to do I suppose, for now anyways.'

Walking a brisk pace towards the forest, Ento arrives quickly. Observing the perimeter before heading inside to attempt to find the reagent.

Drawing his dagger, Ento begins to creep around the forest. Keeping an eye and ear open for any sort of movement. Walking forward a few more feet, A slight movement of a branch under some leaves catches Ento's eye. Quckily jumping back and bring his dagger up, Ento sees exactly what he was looking for.

"So this is a Little Nepent..Alright."

Combat Begins!

Battle Result: Hit! 1 Damage.

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 7

Ento lunges forward stabbing the plant. Scoring a hit on the main stem.

Little Nepent(1/2)

Quickly ducking his head, A vine just narrowly misses Ento. Smiling to himself he lines up for another attack at the creature.

Battle Result: Critical Hit! 2 Damage.

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 9

Ento quickly steps forward, driving the blade of the dagger in and up the body of the Nepent.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Result: Col x 10

Taking a step back and looking around his surroundings before he lowers his guard slightly.

'Well, that wasn't that bad at all. lets see if I can put that tracking ability to good use now...'

Kneeling down Ento begins to look at the tracks of the defeated creature. Thanks to the ability a faintly glowing line highlights its route as well as displays some more information on his map for him of possible spawns for this type of creature.

'A bit...north of here it looks like..'

Ento starts to move forward slowly, dagger still drawn and in front of him in case of an attack. As he rounds the corner of some foliage he spots another Little Nepent. Ento, still excited from the last battle, wastes no time rushing forward to take it on.

Combat Begins!

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 6

Ento slides forward slashing at the torso of the plant, driving a hit home.

Little Nepent(1/2)

Ento rolls forward coming up behind the little Nepent, missing a whip like attack from one of its vines. Not wanting to waste a moment of opportunity to get an attack, Ento goes for a attack, flipping the dagger in his hand and aiming for the creatures head.

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 7

The dagger in Ento's hand connects deep into the fleshy part of the little Nepents head. Causing enough damage to kill it.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Result: 10 x Col

[At this point I have dinged level 2, will continue as if I am level 1]

Standing up from the crouch that the attack had left him in, Ento looked around the clearing. Not sensing any other Enimies he opened up his menu and looked at his map.

'Not to much farther till I am near a spawn point'

Taking a deep breath, Ento started to walk towards the north in the direction that his tracking skill says there is a Spawn. Running his hands over the leaves and tree bark as he walks, his dagger still not sheathed, awaiting for the next fight.

Moving forward through the bushes, Ento hears branches snapping up ahead. Coming up and hiding behind a thick tree, Ento grips the dagger in his hand, crouching down low.

'There could be one, or two. No. There is at least two near me..'

Ento rushed from around the tree towards the noise.

Ento come crashing through the bushes and sees two Little Nepent nearby, and due to the noise the are instantly aware of his presence. Ento lets out a low chuckle.

"Oh, this will be fun.."

He starts running forward to take a swing at the enemy on the right.

Ento (5/5)

Ento comes rushing forward, gripping the dagger in both his hands and thrusting it forward into the Nepent on the right, causing critical damage and killing it out right.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Little Nepent(2/2)

Loot Results: Basic Potion of Healing x 1

While Ento was busy focusing on the right Nepent. It's friend snuck in from behind and swung its arm at Ento's torso. Ento attempted to move out of the way but ended up taking the full force of the attack, knocking him back across the clearing.

Getting up, breathing heavily Ento moved back in to attack the Nepent.

Ento (3/5)

Battle Dice: 6

Coming in close he slashes catching the Nepent's torso just barely.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Little Nepent(1/2)

The whiplike arm comes crashing around crashing into Ento sending him flying back once again.

"Ahh! Damn those things hurt!"

Getting back to his feet and catching his breath. Looking down a the enemy. He starts moving towards it with determination, although keeping his distance from the creature, trying to catch his breath.

Battle Result: No damage.

Ento (1/5)

Battle Dice: None

Little Nepent(0/2)

Little Nepent(1/2)

Moving fast and close, trying to angle himself in to get the killing blow on the Nepent.

"I have you now, you damned creature!"

Ento (1/5)

Once Ento moved to the side of the Nepent, the perfect oppertunity arises and he plunges the Dagger forward. Finding the torso of the Nepent, Ento scores a critical hit, defeating the beast

Little Nepent(0/2)

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Results: Assassin's Cloak (Attack +1)

Leaning up against a tree, Ento tried to catch his breath as his life slowly fills back up to full. Thinking over the fight that ust happened and how he almost lost his life.

'That was way to close, can't have that happening again...not at all.'

Pulling open his HUD and going through the menus, reading up on the player guide book, just trying to pass the time till his life comes back to full. Thinking to himself about this particular quest and how he needs to get stronger.

"Ahh, well.."

Stands up and dusts off his knees and stretches a bit.

"Time to get the show on the road."