[OP-F1] << Secret Medicine of the Forest >>

Heading slowly north towards the spawn, Ento is taking his time and being a tad more cautious. The close call from that last battle has left him a little shaken and he is trying to regain his composure. As he walked through the forest, the last few battles went through his mind, what he did wrong as well as where he excelled.

Cracking his knuckles and flipping the dagger over in his hand, Ento shook his head and cleared the thoughts away.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the thoughts had been pushed away, Ento found himself smiling. Moving confidently towards the creatures spawn that he was tracking. Keeping his eye moving and his ears open, Ento was staying on the alert as best that he was able to. It is a good thing, because a Nepent's whip like arm came quickly at him from around a tree. Quickly rolling down, and at the Nepent who swung at him, Ento readied his weapon.

Proceeding to approach the creature, Ento steps in with his right foot. Dagger drawn, Ento goes for a strike.

Battle Result: Critical Hit! 2 Damage.

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 9

Following through with his step, Ento slashes with the dagger. Connecting a solid hit to the Nepents stem, slicing its body in half.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Results: Basic Potion of Healing x 1

Keeping himself in a crouched position, Ento waited.

'This close to the spawn there should be more..'

The cracking of some branches behind Ento, snapped him out of his thought. Quickly turning around and getting into a defensive stance, another little Nepent came out of the bushes. Making its way closer to strike out at him with its vine like arms.

Moving to meet the Nepent head on, Ento rushes forward, Dagger at the ready.

'Stay focused..'

Battle Result: Hit! 1 Damage.

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 6

Quickly flipping the dagger over in his hand, Ento rushes by slicing the vine arm off the Nepent.

Little Nepent(1/2)

As Ento rushed by the Nepents other arm swings back, catching him in the shoulder and throwing him off balance. Stumbling a bit, Ento turns himself back around and faces down the creature. Flipping the dagger back over, He moves back towards the creature.

Ento (4/5)

Running up Ento tumbles forward over the creatures legs, bringing the dagger up. The dagger slices diagonally along the body of the creature.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Results: Col x 10

Standing up, and sheathing his dagger, Ento began to look around. Slowly letting his health come back up to full.

'All I need to do is find this reagent. Take it back to town and claim my reward..'

Crouching down, Ento pulls open his menus to take a look at the map. Marking the locations that he killed some creatures, trying to figure out how many more he may have to kill before getting the item that he needed to complete the quest.

'Here. Here, and here..'

Closing his map and opening up his status screen taking note of the numbers. Nodding to himself he closed all of his menus down and stood back up looking north.

Moving from his last location and going north, Ento finds himself facing yet another Nepent. This creature looked as if it was trying to enjoy the ray of sunlight it was under. In which it was not paying any attention to Ento as he sneaked around, looking for a good opening to engage the monster.

Finding a good position, Ento pulls out his dagger and proceeds to move closer to the creature. Flipping the dagger in his hand over and over.

Battle Result: Miss!

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 3

From the flipping of his dagger making noise the creature turned and avoided the swing as Ento moved by.

'Damn it...'

Little Nepent(2/2)

Quickly side stepping after his attack, Ento just dodges the vine that was aimed for his thigh. Apparently the creature was upset that Ento interrupted his sun bath.

Battle Result: Miss!

Ento (5/5)

Battle Dice: 4

Ento quickly flips the dagger over and slashes at the head of the Nepent. However the attack catches nothing but air as the nepent ducks the slash.

Little Nepent(2/2)

Ento quickly brought his arm back in as a vine came crashing downward. Narrowly missing him, Ento jumped back and took a look at his foe. Nodding to himself, Ento made the move to attack the creature once again.

Ento (5/5)

Coming in at the creature at a run, Ento lunges forward burying the dagger all the way to the hilt deep within the plant.

Little Nepent(0/2)

Loot Results: <>

Seeing the item dialog box appear on screen with the item he was looking for brought a smile to his face. The <> soon appeared in his inventory, Ento even checked to make sure that it was there.

'Good, now lets get out of this forest and turn this quest in...'

Sheathing his dagger Ento made his way back the way that he came. Moving cautiously trying to avoid any more monsters on the way.

'Lets hope I can make it out quietly'

Moving slowly back on the path through the forest, Ento constantly opens up his map to check the locations he defeated the other creatures. One to make sure that he was on the right track, and two on the off chance that the mobs themselves have a preset patrol route these ones he has killed may have spawned again and are in the area. Closing his map for the 5th time Ento comes upon where he almost died fighting to creatures at once.

'That was a close call, for sure..'

His heart beat getting faster just thinking about how close he was to death.

'Best not to dwell on it though'

Ento began moving again towards the outer edge of the forest, shuffling along slowly his dagger still drawn. Flipping it over and over in his hand, awaiting an attack that he hoped that would not come. Hearing another noise, he quickly moved up to the nearest tree. Peering around it he noticed another Nepent basking in the sun. Thinking to himself about the last nepent, Ento began trying to sneak slowly away from the Nepent.

Moving slowly as to not to catch the nepent's attention, Ento finally made it out of its range and headed outside the forest. Breathing a sigh of relief, he sheathed his dagger and began his trek back towards town to bring the quest to a finish.

'I wonder what the reward will be for something like this'

Opening his menu to check and make sure the item was still there. After confirming that, although he know the answer already was that it was in his inventory. Closing down his HUD and continuing to walk down towards the town.

After a bit of walking Ento finally makes his way into the town. Smiling and giving a small nod to some of the other players he passed. Seeing the people around him, constantly working towards something, some sort of goal makes him realizes how this is his life now.

'I could get used to this type of life.'

Continuing his walk through the streets as he made his way back towards the tavern where he picked up the quest from the elderly man.

Walking into the tavern, the elderly man rushed up to Ento immediately.

"You are back so soon! Did you get it? Please tell me you did?"

Ento taking a moment to look the man up and down, lets out a soft smile and opens up his menu to give the regeant to the man.

"of course, I told you that it would not be a problem didnt I?"

The Man breathed a heavy sigh of relief and grabbing Ento's hand and shaking it.

"Thank you sir, truely thank you. This will help my wife get better thank you. As I said here is your reward."

The man pockets the regent, thanking Ento once again before shuffling out of the tavern in a hurry. To get home to his wife most likely.

'Let's see what I get for my effort...'

opening up his Inventory Ento sees the rewards for his near death experience and his troubles.

"This I can work with."