[SP-F1] «The Cow's Counterattack» {COMPLETED}

The Bull looked like it is about to kill the two of us, but I wasn't going to let that happen. I placed my sword in front of me, and focused on the Bull. The boy stood behind me, for back up. The Bull started to charge at the two of us with full force. Which would be a 1 hit kill if it would land. My sword glowed with bright white, and I charged forward stabbing the face, and grabbing the «Steel Sword» from its neck and sliced its neck right off.

PARTY

Echo - 12/15

Unknown - ?/?

ENEMY

The Angry Bull - DEAD

BD: 9

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bull, frozen in midair, let out a sharp chime and shattered into a shower of polygons, and message window popped up in front of me and the boy. I glanced at the «You got the last aattack!» message, and the reward of «Bullish Shield». I threw the rest of my health potions to the other player, who looked at me in a puzzled fashion. "Here, take those potions, I wouldn't have deafeated «The Angry Bull» without your help, besides I can craft some more potions." I said to the other player.

"Thank you Echo-san, you are very kind." The other player finally replied, then took a drink of the potion. "My name is Aki, I'll see you around." Puzzled as to why this boy apparently named Aki, knew my name. I wasn't able to respond as the boy walked back into the forest. That guy sure was a weird one... Aki huh? I thought the name was sort of abnormal, could it be a short form of something? Akito? Akira?

Remembering that I was still in a hostile area, I quickly cleared my mind and addressed the other important thing I had realized. Come to think of it, throwing a blade at an opponent turned out to be quite an efficient tactic. I wonder if there's anyway I could develop a method for it. Bringing both my blades to the ready position, I returned to my quest.

Walking back to the village, recollections of the combat filled my mind. So if I first throw the sword and impale the mob, then charge it to land another strike, as long as I let go of my blade the cooldown can be negated, then I can pull out the blade that was stabbed in the monster, dealing it more damage, and finally finish it with my blade. I thought to myself. The other way is to toss the blade close to the monster, then as my first attack ends, I can switch weapons and perform my second strike... or in extreme case I can mark one monster by throwing the blade, finishing it with the other, then marking the next... through I'd probably gain a LOT of hate amongst the players very soon... I continued to think.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the sound of fighting, following the sounds he entered an area where «Stray Kobald» would spawn. These level 5 humanoid troppers would be the first introduction to the higher leveled «Ruin Troop Kobald» found in a labyrinth dungeon. Nonetheless the «Stray Kobald» were formidable opponents at low levels, and I wanted to see who was fighting them.

Inside the field stood a lone player weilding a longsword and round shield, he had silver hair, and looked to be well built. Watching the man, I noted the amount of refinement in the man's movements - every move was perfectly placed; every attack hit its mark; every defense was solid. Each time the Kobald attacked, the man moved as if he already knew the perfect place to put his shield, allowing the shield to deflect the Kobald's attack effortlessly. Not missing any chances left by the Kobald, the man's longsword would lightly chip away at the Kobalds HP. I was absorbed in the man's skills, as if watching a top class musician perform his favorite repertoire piece.

"Huh, why hello there" The man suddenly greeted me, while still fighting the Kobald. I nodded my head in acknowledgement, trying not to interrupt the man, who effortlessly finished the Kobald then walked over. "I did not expect to meet another player here." The man said, "So far I've walked for quite a few days, and all I've encountered are monsters and NPC's." "Well, I suppose it's because this forest is already pretty deep inside the first level. I'm surprised how many people have ventured this far already, I suppose it may be a good sign that more experienced players are hitting the fields now" I replied, assuming that the player in front of me was from the beta-test.

"Actually, I just sort of got lost in this area and found this spot. It seems that the spawn is really sparse here, and it's a really good place to regine my dueling technique." The man's reply surprised me, from the response it didn't seem like this man was from the beta-test. Maybe just a gifted MMO player? I thought to myself, and replied the man. "I noticed your technique was very refined, as it's very impressive." "Why thank you, I've spent the last few days practicing on this monster. At first it was really difficult and I almost fell to its attacks, but since I've reached level 6 the monsters been much easier to defeat."

He's level 6? That's pretty impressive, especially considering he started fighting the mob at level 5. I was midly impressed, though it was not a surprise since he expected the beta players to be at level 7 or so by now. Even I had reached level 7 despite wasting two days with the tutorial and all. "By the way, my name is %^&*%^^&*&^, pleased to be your acquaintance." The man greeted me politely, as he held his hand out.

All of a sudden, flashes of visions filled my mind, bombarding with overwhelming information.

"Well, this is goodbye-- Echo-kun."

Unable to organize my thoughts, I stumbled backwards from the surprised %^&*%^^&*&^.

I must get out of here! My instincts were screaming to me, instructing me to run away. "UGH! I sorry, but I must go...!" Getting to my feet, I began to flee in the opposite direction, leaving a stunned %^&*%^^&*&^ standing in the middle of the field. "I wonder what happened to him?" The silver-haired man contemplated.

I fled as fast as I could, though I could not understand why. The visions that I just had a moment ago became nothing more than a mixture of raw emotion - surprise, hate, fear, regret... it was so much that I did not even know what to do. All that was in my mind right now was to run.

By the time my mind cleared up, I realized that I had returned to the barn where I needed to submit «The Cow's Counterattack» quest. Trying to clear my thought, I submitted the quest and started another instance. I figured that I would probably redo the quest some time later, but right now my mind is too confused to risk heading back in that direction.