[ pp F4]Rise of the winter sun [Natalia] Complete

[seems the dice gods hate me today]

Gaze was given to her as she seemed to be adept at handling herself. A slight smile formed on his face. Beautiful. Of course with his absent minded flaw, the goblin struck him and he blinked snapping back into reality. Hand raised with his dagger and he missed swinging at it's small head. " I was having a good day dream.." He said muttering

Kiluia 20/21

Natalia 13/13

Goblin 11/11

Goblin 9/11

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[it happens to the best of us, lol.]

"Hey, leave my silly friend alone!" Natalia shouted and clenched her teeth before chasing after Kiluia's attacker. She attempted to repeat her prior attack: a downwards diagonal slash across the creature's chest. However, as her blade swept through the air, the goblin leaped to the side and struck her back with its wooden stick that resembled a caveman's. The blow knocked her to stomach. Before the creature could attack again, she rolled out of the way, and its weapon struck the snow she was upon seconds ago.

"Quick, get it while it's distracted!"

PLAYERS

Natalia: 11/13

Kiluia: 20/21

BD: 2

DMG: 0 (Miss)

ENEMIES

Goblin #1: 9/11

Goblin #2: 11/11

He listened to her yell and the directions she shouted. He felt a but embarrassed at the whole.. situation. Even while he was fighting a distracted monster, he couldn't seem to hit it for some reason. Blade went and missed the goblin and he blinked several times. Was this a trick of sorts ? He took a step back trying to follow and process the pattern of these goblins. A light frown formed in his face as gazed at her. " Let them hit me. " He stared at the goblins raising his shield." Come. " He hoisted his shield close to his frame.

Miss

Kiluia 20/21

Natalia 11/13

Goblin 9/11

Goblin 11/11

With the goblins attacking Kiluia, Natalia thought it'd be easier to strike at them. They'd be distracted, after all. However, as she swung her blade at one of the foul creatures, the other, which had been distracted by Kiluia earlier, blocked her blade. It then proceeded to push back, causing Natalia to leap back. "Damn it, I didn't know creatures blocked for each other!" She cursed, her teeth beginning to grit.

PLAYERS

Natalia: 11/13

BD: 5

ENEMIES

Goblin #1: 9/11

Each time the goblins went for Natalia, he stood in the way with his shield. His eyes narrowed on the beasts and he had his dagger out swinging at the one that was injured. He was successful with his strike as the blade slammed into the goblins lower abdomen.

His eyes stared down the two as he spoke." I don't think you are going to pass me today." His dagger flipped through his fingers. A grin spread on his lips as he was beginning to get in the zone after a few misses.

kiluia 20/21

Natalia 11/13

Goblin 11/11

Goblin 6/11

[And, these dice rolls are making me depressed. I feel like the system is almost a little unrealistic in terms of combat.. Maybe.]

Another strike, another miss. It was as if the world was working against Natalia; her attempt to flank the creatures as Kiluia held their attention failed. Her attack was seemingly effortlessly parried by one of the goblins, and in the time before she recovered, was struck in her stomach by the goblin's follow up thrust. "Are you kidding me?" She grunted and leapt back, ready for the next move.

PLAYERS

Natalia: 10/13

BD: 4

ENEMIES

Goblin #1: 6/11

[Yep.. it hates us ]

Seeing her take damage made him frown as he lunged forward with his dagger. Blade swung wide left at the beast that was injured. But it backed off from Kiluia. The other one hit him in the side as he grunted from the impact.

He fell back into defensive position as he spoke" You okay?" He muttered a bit as he rubbed his side from the blow." That hurt a bit.."

Natalia 10/13

Kiluia 19/21

Goblins 6/11 11/11

[-_-]

"I've been better." Natalia said, heavy breathing following. Before she had a chance to recover, the two goblins came at her again, both smacking her in unison with their wooden weapon. Pushed back by the force, Natalia found herself a few yards away from the creatures and Kiluia. Her face tightened as she winced in pain. "These things are kind of tough."

If things continue at this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if I die today. Her fists tightened at the negative thought. With five health points gone, her health stood at eight points. There was no need for worry, but the two goblins were giving them more trouble than they were worth.

PLAYERS

Natalia: 8/13

Kiluia: 19/21

BD: 2

ENEMIES

Goblin #1: 6/11

Things were becoming dire with every second that they fought. With an enraged look be dashed forward with his dagger. Dagger found home in the face of the weakened goblin as he ripped into the flesh and tore it out with extreme prejudice. He wanted to be the focus of the battle for them. Left foot kicked the goblin flying and he was beside Natalia." Switch!"

Kiluia 19/21

Natalia 8/13

Goblin 1/11 11/11

"Got it!" Natalia shouted. With all of the rage that had built up during the battle so far, she sliced across the already mortally wounded creature. The shattering of the creature into tens of thousands of brilliantly colored pixels and polygons revived the enthusiasm within the girl, and was revealed through her saying: "Hell yeah! One more to go, Kiluia! Let's end this battle once and for all." A thumbs-up followed.

PLAYERS

BD: 9

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHS: R1) + 1 (Critical Hit) = 3

ENEMIES

Goblin #1: -2/11 (DEAD)

Soon as the pixels cleared, he was off with speed towards the other goblin. Blade raised high and he soared into the air. Soon as the tip touched the chest of the goblin, it was followed up with three more deadly strikes to its chest with a grin. " Our turn." He spoke before leaping off of its chest back to Natalia. " Go go!" He spoke to her.

Kiluia 19/21

Natalia 8/13

Goblin dead

Goblin 8/11

Natalia's zest had by now returned, most notable in her passionate eyes; the slight curve of her mouth into a smirk also revealed it. She dashed towards the creature, her blade hovering near her right leg. When she was close enough, she intentionally fell back a bit. She slid towards the creature, taking advantage of the snow, and her initial burst of speed. Her blade cut through its little legs, knocking it to the ground. When she reached the other side, she jumped back to her feet, swung her blade over her head, and attacked.

"Almost done!" Natalia yelled and leapt back, giving Kiluia more space to work with.

PLAYERS

BD: 10

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHSS: R1) + 2 (SUPER CRITICAL) = 4

ENEMIES

Goblin #2: 4/11

Her strike was graceful. A soft smile appeared on his features as he envisioned that he found a partner. Well, she would have to agree first. He flipped his dagger and after catching it, he took off. His body lowered against the goblin and his shoulder met impact with the monster. He heaved it from the ground and elevated his blade twice into the stomach of the beast. " He's all yours!" He grinned as he let the goblin fly.

Natalia 8/13

Kiluia 19/21

Goblin 1/11

Goblin dead.

With the worst of the fight being over, Natalia's movements began to seem less forced and more fluid; like a leaf blowing gently through the wind. Kiluia had sent the goblin soaring through the sky. Time to show off. Natalia sprinted towards the creature. When she deemed herself close enough, she kicked herself off the ground, spun through the air, and swiped three times: one slash across the goblin's legs, one slash across the goblin's chest, and one slash across the goblin's neck. Her blade then found its way through the air, and with an overhead strike, she pushed her blade through its skull. Just before hitting the ground, she pulled her sword out, and the creature disappeared.

"Well, that's that." Natalia said with a cheeky smile on her face. She withdrew her blade back into its sheathe. "Good work. What now?"

PLAYERS

BD: 9

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHSS: R1) + 1 (Critical Hit) = 3

ENEMIES

Goblin #2: -2/11 (DEAD)

He clapped and grinned looking at her. What now..? Good question. They did go feed penguins.. what else was there to do ? He then remembered that there was the star glades and he looked at her. It had turned dusk while they were fighting. His hand extended out to hers hoping she would accept. " Come on.. I wanna show you something."

He was slightly.. nervous. But all this time spent with her made most of the tension go away. It was, in fact , invigorating to spend time with someone like her. So he would take her to his spot where he gazed at stars like he did at home. Maybe they could end the night on a good note instead of fighting." If you have the time that is.." He offered a boyish smile to her and eventually a grin.

Natalia's fingers coursed through her dark hair; in the dark of the night, the strands that fell near her eyes could easily be mistaken for black. Her back hunched, her arms crossed, and her head turned slightly, so it wasn't directly pointed towards Kiluia. "Well, it is pretty late. I dunno." For the first time in a while, she seemed almost a bit sad. It was short-lived. "Just kidding!" With those two words, her posture returned to its straight, confident form and her arms fell back to her sides. "After everything you've done for me, I'll gladly go with you." It wasn't until her hand fell into his that her heart skipped a beat. Don't freeze, Natalia. Don't freeze.

Although her fingers didn't interlock with his, she eventually gathered the willpower to make sure to clasp her hand around his. Her smile disappeared, overcome by anxiety. That wasn't until her eyes locked with his. The smile on his face.. it was inviting. Stop it, Natalia. You don't want this. Think of everything you'll give up. She shrugged the thought off. Instinctively, she lowered her gaze and started playing with her hair. "So, where are we going?" She asked, resisting a stutter that was attempting to force its way into her words.

He started walking with her, hand in hand. It was warm. He felt that warmth and suddenly he didn't mind the cold as much. He had noticed several things that changed. First, it was her smile. Second, it was the way she looked down. But he didn't care if she didn't have feelings or not for him. She was a special person now to him and he would remember her even after this was all over.

Her answer was not a verbal one but of a visual one. They both crossed the threshold of the snow dune and were at the glades. The view was marvelous. Each star glimmered in the sky with a furious passion. His eyes moved to her and he offered another smile. " This. I wanted to show you this." He stared at her features and noticed he was staring a bit too long. A rosy flush rose to his face as he returned to the scene. " I don't care what people say about the game... This is like a dream." He referred to the stars.. but secretly to her as well. He knew that this was fake but she was real right? They were both experiencing this..

"You're like a dream." Natalia said almost instinctively. Her sight shifted back to him: to his eyes, to his hand; his so comfortably warm hand. Then her vision lowered again. "You're a dream I don't feel like waking up from anytime soon." She hesitated. Her logic fought back. Every doubt led to every fear, which brought upon more doubts. It was a giant circle. Love was a giant circle. Two people would be alone, a bond would drive two people together, they would be happy together, they would be sad together, and then one of them would die, leaving them both alone again. What was love to begin with? In reality, love was simply a reward system: partners bringing pleasure for the sake of receiving pleasure.

Maybe it was the longing for a reward system that brought Natalia to say: "I've fallen for you." Maybe it was the urge to bring pleasure that led Natalia to grab hold of Kiluia's arm as she stared deeply into his eyes. Maybe it was just a simple system that forced Natalia to close her eyes and close the gap between their lips. Whatever it was that led to Natalia's kissing of Kiluia succeeded.

Her words breached his ears. Every word echoed in his head. The last bit of nervousness melted away as a snow flake landed on his nose. Every second, every single second was a year to him as she said those words. His eyes, once cold in the world, brightened with life. What he felt was indescribable until her lips touched his.

His eyes were filled with surprise as their lips met. His one hand laced with hers while the other reached up to touch her face gently. His eyes closed as the seconds felt like hours to him. His first kiss. Undoubtedly, this game was full of surprises.. bad ones.. good ones. This one.. was the best.

As he pulled away ever so slowly, he pressed his forehead against hers. A soft voice managed to escape from him." I fell awhile ago..." He smiled and then laughed a bit. The feeling was exuberant. Another quick kiss was given to her and a grin. " Who says dreams don't come true?"

For the first time in a long time, Kiluia's enthusiasm wasn't met a chuckle or a smile from her. Instead, Natalia's fingers slid away from his, and she took a step back. Her hair blew in the cold wind. As her gaze sank to Kiluia's feet, said hair fell in front of her eyes, which seemed to have been tearing up before hand. The bottom of her right-hand's palm wiped these droplets away before falling her side in a fist, the other one following along in this. When her eyes met his once more, they were overwhelmed with conflict; she was trying to smile, but it looked more forced than anything. That spark of life had faded from the two dark orbs. Weakness was plain as day upon her face; it was like she was a completely different person.

"Kiluia, I'm sorry." Like her eyes lost their spark, her voice had lost enthusiasm. Instead, it was almost cold, hopeless. "I'm impulsive. I kissed you. I made everything awkward. I feel deeply for you, but at the same time, I can't do this. I can't bring myself to be anything more than what we currently are, even if my actions suggested otherwise." Her body turned perpendicular to him She looked up to the stars. They weren't limitless, like reality, but they sure as hell looked it. "At least not yet." Once more, her eyes fell with her head.

"I'm sorry." She repeated those two words, her hand clenched against her chest.