[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>>

Ravven turned the turtle on its side and wedged it between to rocks. He wiped his brow, this was really tiring. He noticed that there was still plenty of sunlight left in the day, but he knew he needed to keep an eye on the time or else he'd be in a pretty bad situation.

Ravven poked his dagger at the side of the turtles shell, searching for a gap he could pry open. However, he gave up on the notion after his few minutes of searching yielded no results.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 5/7

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravven grumbled to himself when he found no gaps in the turtles shell. "At first I thought you might cut me some slack, but I suppose you're going to be just as stubborn as the last one.." Ravven decided to try going for the head. He shoved his dagger in where its head had withdrawn.

His dagger was stopped by something inside the opening and didn't appear to harm the turtle at all.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 5/7

Ravven noticed the sun was getting dangerously low and glared at the turtle, irritated that it was taking him this long to get the turtle shells. Ravven cracked his knuckles and did a powerful overhand swing aiming for the top of the turtles shell once more. "Come on, crack it just a bit," Ravven thought as his blade flew downwards.

For just a moment, Ravven thought his attack was successful, but no cracks appeared.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 5/7

Ravven ground his teeth together as his 3rd attack in a row failed to do anything. Ravven gave the turtles shell a kick, that had absolutely no effect, before sitting down dejectedly on a tree stump. "Come on, pull yourself together Ravven," he thought to himself. He rose once more and with an intense focus made several swipes across the turtles shell.

Ravven was rewarded when these swipes left marks in the shell.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 3/7

Ravven felt slightly better now that he had made more progress. He was able to calm himself once more. He massaged his shoulders until the tension left them. "I know I can do this, I just need to calm down and not get aggitated. Even if I don't finish the task today I will eventually. There's not rush."

Then he struck the turtle once more with his dagger, in the same place he had damaged previously. His blow hit at the wrong angle and bounced off harmlessly however.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 3/7

Despite his failure, Ravven remained calm. His face remained emotionless and he sat down on the log stump once more. He picked up the turtle and searched its shell for flaws. He felt for openings and cracks that he had somehow missed. After a few moments of this, he felt a small crack on the bottom part of the turtles shell.

Ravven used a one handed thrust to attempt to drive the dagger into the turtle while holding it in place with his otherhand. He wasn't able to penetrate the shell, but thought he almost had it for a moment.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 3/7

Ravven decided to try a different tactic. He would go for this crack in the shell until he killed the blasted thing. He could feel himself getting annoyed again and knew he wouldn't be able to calm himself until he got some sleep. "Please, just let me finish up my quest," he said to the turtle pleadingly.

For what seemed like the hundredth time to him, Ravven rammed him dagger into the crack in the turtles shell, praying that it would puncture. Unfortunately for Ravven, his prayers were answered and the dagger didn't penatrate.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 3/7

Ravven sighed deeply and rubbed his eyes a bit. The sun had nearly set and he knew if this turtle didn't drop loot, he would have to come up with another plan. Ravven was now feeling plainly angry and didn't attempt to subdue his anger. He instead attempted to harness it and use it to kill the blasted turtle before him.

Ravven let loose a yell that who would have normally been embaressed to be associated with and stuck the turtle with his dagger in the same place once more. This time, the turtle made a slight sound and the shell cracked in numerous places.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 1/7

"So close to death... Please just die already!" Ravven allowed his anger to grow further. He had struck the turtle, but now he would strike it even harder, he'd make it pay for resisting him this long. Ravven gazed at the wound he had struck previously, making several trial stabs to make sure the angle was right.

Finally, Ravven let loose a slightly insane sounding scream as he drove his dagger into the turtles wounded shell. Ravven was quite litterally horrified when the attack had no effect.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 1/7

After the last attack the turtle actually stuck it's head out of its shell and looked at Ravven as if saying, "Could you hurry it up so I could respawn?" Ravven gave the turtle a very flat stare until it put its head back into its shell. Ravven held up his hand that had the dagger in it and noticed it was shaking violently. "If I don't kill this thing soon I'm going to lose it, assuming I haven't lost it already," Ravven thought to himself.

He swept his dagger across the turtles shell quite wildly back and forth multiple times, appearing to not care about persision at this point. The attack failed once more.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle 1/7

Ravven stood, throwing down the dagger in exaspiration. "That's it, I'm going to kill you with my bare hands now you horrible turtle!" Ravven picked up the turtle from the ground and carried it over to a group of large boulders. "I've HAD IT with you!" Ravven lifted the turtle high into the air and then brought it down as hard as he could on one of the boulders screaming something uninitelligable as he did so.

There was an audible crack as the turtles shell connected with the stone and it blew up into hundreds of blue polygons.

Party:

Ravven 9/11

Enemy:

Shiny Turtle-Dead-No Loot

Ravven noticed his left eye was twitching slightly after the fight and it took a good deal of effort for him to stop the twitch. He let out a large sigh of relief and looked down sadly where the loot would have been if the turtle would have dropped any.

"I think I'll see if there's anything I can craft with the materials I have because I really don't want to go through another one of these fights again," Ravven thought to himself.

Ravven headed back to the Town, getting there just as it became dark. He made his way through the winding streets until he arrived at his dwelling. He opened the door to it and quickly made his way to his comfortable bed. He changed into his sleepware and sighed as he crawled into his bed.

"I'm exhausted," he thought faintly just before he went into a deep sleep.

Ravven woke up a lot later than normal on the next day. He got up and got dressed yawning while he did so. He felt much better now, and he didn't feel like he would snap at someone if they asked him a simple question. He headed out of his dwelling, planning to go to the quest NPC and ask if the materials he had could work, but then he remembered something the old lady NPC had told him.

She had mentioned there were snapping turtles to the north of her hut. Although they would be more dangerous than the shiny ones, they would also be easier to kill he guessed. Because if they tried to bite him, he could strike at their heads directly. With this in mind, he headed out of the city once more.

Ravven headed to the lake region once more and passed the same dangerous looking creatures on the way there. They were still passive fortunately. After a good 20 minutes of searching, he found the hut once more. He then headed to the north of the hut. There was a lot of bamboo that made the walk difficult, but he finally made it through the bamboo to a small lake. A number of larger and more dangerous looking turtles were around the lake.

Ravven made his way to one off from the main group, taking out his he prepared to strike the head. However, the turtle reacted far faster than he expected and bit his hand when he swung the dagger causing him to miss and hit the ground beside it.

Party:

Ravven 12/13

Enemy:

Snapping Turtle 2/2

"You're a feisty little thing aren't you?" Ravven mused to the turtle. He rubbed his hand were the turtle had bit him at despite it not hurting. "Maybe if I stand behind you so you won't see the swing coming..." Ravven walked to behind the turtle and crouched over it. The turtle didn't attempt to turn towards him and just sat there.

"I've got you now," Ravven though and he brought his dagger down on the turtles head from behind. The blow connected and the turtle blew up in hundreds of blue polygons.

Party:

Ravven 12/13

Enemy:

Snapping Turtle-Dead-No Drops

Ravven sighed in disappointment when the turtle didn't drop its shell. He looked around for another turtle by itself. He soon found one, it looked a bit angry and seemed to be glaring at him, assuming turtle could glare. He walked over to it and tried walking behind it to strike it from its blind side like he did to the previous turtle, however, this turtle turned around very quickly to face him.

"I suppose you're a bit brighter than your friend over there eh? No matter, I'll still get you in the end." Ravven stabbed at the turtles eye with his dagger in a sudden motion. The turtle moved to the side slightly however and the blow struck the side of its shell instead of its eye.

Party:

Ravven 12/13

Enemy:

Snapping Turtle 2/2

Ravven withdrew his hand quickly as soon as he saw that his stab wouldn't hit. The turtle snapped at the air where his hand had been just a second earlier. Ravven grumbled to himself about the miss a bit. "Come on, focus," He muttered to himself. "One strike is all it'll take, just calm down and make it count."

Ravven swung his dagger in an arcing swing this time as if to cleave the turtles very head off. Ravven was sure the blow would hit, but at the last moment, the turtle withdrew its head into its shell causing him to cut air with the dagger.

Party:

Ravven 12/13

Enemy:

Snapping Turtle 2/2

Ravven was feeling quite exaspirated at this point. The turtle poking its head back out and staring at him didn't improve him mood. Ravven decided to practice a bit. He threw his dagger a few time into a nearby tree. After he was satisfied with his aim, he walked about 20 feet from the turtle and lined up his dagger with its head.

"Let's hope you have bad eyesight and don't see this coming," Ravven thought to himself. He then threw the dagger and it went spinning through the air, going directly for the turtles head. The dagger struck true and the turtle blew up into numerous blue polygons.

Party:

Ravven 12/13

Enemy:

Snapping Turtle-Dead-Dropped 1 turtle shell

Ravven smiled as he saw it drop the turtle shell he needed. Walking over to it, he put the and his away in his inventory. Ravven then started his journey back to the town. This time it only took him an hour to reach the town as he was moving a bit faster than normal. Upon reaching the town, he entered through the north gate and headed through the streets to the Master Tailors shop. He noted it wasn't particuarly busy in the streets and suspected everyone was out adventuring.

Upon arriving at the NPC master tailors shop, Ravven immediately ran over and started a conversation with him and letting the NPC know he had gained the required materials. After checking to see that Ravven really did have the materials requested, he gave Ravven a tailoring kit and then told him to make a cloak with a turtle clasp. The NPC also took one of the turtles shells as payment for the tailoring kit.

Ravven opened up the kit and using the information he had been given previously, started crafting the cloak. First, he took the hides and start manipulating them. He pounded them out to soften them, this took quite some time. Then Ravven cut the hides in a cape like shape. After doing this he used some heavy thread to attach the pieces together. He then went over and trimmed the cape again make sure it was even on both sides.

After he had the shape right, Ravven took a clasp component from his kit and considered how he would attach it to the turtle shell. In the end he decided to make some holes in the bottom of the turtles shell. Then he would run some heavy string through the holes and tie it to the clasp itself.

In the end, it took over an hour for Ravven to complete the crafting. He finally sat back and admired his handywork. Ravven then handed the cloak to the NPC and was given 5x 2x .