[PP-F1] Friend or Foe? (Invite)

It was still day time in the beginning city, as Ham casually walked over to the coffee shop. Maybe not so casually because Ham had just caught someone "spying" on him but he wasn't sure if that was the right word. There would be an awkwardness about Ham as he approached this new player.

Ham's peripheral vision picked up the layout of the coffee shop. It was a homely shop, a sort of coffee shop you'd expect only locals would know. There wasn't any type of "corporation" look but when Ham thought about that type of look would be wrong for Sword Art Online's current theme. An awning of dark brownish colors would stretch out to provide shade for its patrons. Underneath the awning would be sets of tables and chairs accompanying them of the wood variety. The awning connected to a wall that stood tall, tall enough for Ham to estimate about 12-14 feet ceiling inside the shop. In this wall, an open window could be seen, and if one focused enough they would peer into a bustling coffee shop ran by NPCs.

There were other players there too but none of them held any interest for Ham. Ham approached the table Latsu was at, "Hey, I saw you looking our way, did you need something?"

As the words left Ham's mouth, Ham felt like it might have been a bit rude, but his nature was being direct. At least when he's not distraught, he tries to be as direct as possible. Better to cut to the chase than waste people's time was something Ham tried to live by as much as possible.

As the group gathered at the shop, Kiluia had his hands behind his head and yawned wondering why they had gathered here but not the field. Gaze was given to the other patrons before he head the words from Ham to the player he knew. A smile crossed his face as he tilted his head allowing the platinum hair to fall to the side a bit." Hey Latsu.. been a while." He knew the patron that Ham was talking to.

It had been a long time since they last spoke but he remembered the man. Kiluia and him had just started out in SAO together. It was funny that he would see him today. But Ham wanted to see why he was staring so no words except for the hello was exchanged.

Elyth had tagged along with ham (although stalking might have been a more appropriate term) as they headed for a store/shop somewhere in the Town of Beginnings. She looked on as ham went up to a person randomly sitting somewhere with his eyes coincidentally pointing towards ham, and thought, "Great, interaction. I'll just stay here in the back because I can't keep up with this conversation."

The other two people with her approached the other person.

It appeared that Kiluia knew that other person.

"Ahhh, I'm getting left behind again," Elyth thought, and hurriedly caught up to ham, sitting down casually at the table where everyone was congregated.

"Uhh, hi!" Elyth said exuberantly. "I'm Elyth, nice to meet you."

OOC: Since, I received no reply from Latsu, I'm going to assume he has opted out unless he PMs me. I'll RP him out and we can focus on heading towards Floor 1 Dungeon.

There were occasions where players would experience lag but it was often fixed right away. As a result, some players have speculated that since Kayaba has locked all of them in the game that there was some sort of external program regulating people's latencies over the network. It was moments like these that brought them back to the reality that they are all still in a game. Of course, there were other speculations too like people on the outside were working hard to maintain the Sword Art Online servers so no one dies but the other side wasn't mentioned much.

As for Latsu, Ham noticed he was stuck in one spot. He seemed frozen in place and nothing was moving. Unsure if Latsu lagged, he watched the other players introduce themselves. Kiluia's warm greeting made Ham think differently about Latsu. These type of greetings weren't just given to every player in Aincrad.

Ham felt the tension leave his body but it was apparent that Latsu was experiencing some type of difficulty. It probably would be fixed soon but Ham didn't want to wait around.

"It looks like he might have lagged out or something," Ham said to the others. "Let's head over to a different table and discuss what we should get before we head to Floor 1 Dungeon. Honestly, I never been to a dungeon so I'm not sure what to bring."

Ham would think bringing plenty of potions would be ideal but there had to be more than that. Ham wasn't a "beater", beta testers who purposely withheld information or kept information that placed them at the advantage. Neither was he a beta tester, players who have played the game before the death game was introduced. There was a lot he didn't know but he didn't want to let his fear blind him from what was obvious.

[ it's cool. Hes.. somewhere lol ]

He found it disturbing that Latsu had lagged out. Actually , eerie was the better term here. It was like those people who went unconscious except his eyes were open. He noticed the girl slow down and then come up out of no where. He found that kind of humorous. A little unexpected but humorous.

Ham's statement was one that he followed. His footsteps lead to the table where they would gather together. Azure gaze landed on Ham and Elyth and he waited for them. He would introduce himself to them fully once they would sit down. He didn't exactly go into floor one dungeon as a.party. He merely explored it after it had been cleared. " I merely brought my sword at that time. And a few potions wouldn't hurt this time around." He said while leaning back.

What.

What...?

Whyyyyyyy

Such was what conspired in Elyth's brain as she struggled with the fact the person she had just introduced herself to- or tried to, she realized- was now out of commision, and, well, at least she was already seated. Elyth let out a sigh bereft of enthusiasm and fiddled with a salt shaker that was languidly resting in the very hot sunlight. It burned to a small degree, and Elyth looked back up at her companions, not sure if she should stay seated.

"It looks like he might have lagged out or something," ham said. "Let's head over to a different table and discuss what we should get before we head to Floor 1 Dungeon. Honestly, I never been to a dungeon so I'm not sure what to bring."

Well, that settled it. Elyth stood up and ran after ham and Kiluia, almost tripping over the gaps in the cobblestone path. Let's not trip, let's not trip, let's not trip was now a sort of mantra for Elyth's consciousness everyday. Quickly Elyth pulled out one of the ornately-decorated chairs from the table and sat down with a plop, and Kiluia said, " I merely brought my sword at that time. And a few potions wouldn't hurt this time around."

Elyth was not really sure just bringing a lone sword would be sufficient to clear an entire dungeon, but okay, that worked. Perhaps this opinion was only formed because Elyth's definition of "dungeon" was a series of ever-spawning mobs. Kiliua must have been referencing a small dungeon.

"There's three of us, so I don't think we'll need so many recovery potions, but let's overestimate the amount of potions we bring!" Elyth chimed in.

"Well, have any of you ventured into the dungeons?" Ham asked. Floor 1 was already cleared so the danger of being in this area wasn't great but being careless wasn't a good idea. The more information he had, the better Ham felt, but if there wasn't any more they can talk about then it was time to head out.

He shook his head no." Well yes and no.. I haven't been on the main dungeons but I've cleared a few side dungeons with help." He looked at the two. Elyth remained enthusiastic and happy he thought. Ham looked a bit nervous but that was to be expected. It was interesting to know it all as he absorbed their features in as to not forget them.

" Healing potions are good so long as you know when to use them. So I'd keep a few on hand when you think it'd be a good idea to use it." He looked at Elyth and spoke." Am I missing anything?" He waited for an answer as he flipped his dagger in his hand." Other than a map that is."

Oh yes, a map- but who cares about maps, let's just get lost and beat up some monsters and leave the place all happy and stuff, Elyth thought, though the atmosphere suggested otherwise.

"Hmm," she thought. "Well, other than a map, weapons, and potions, let's also bring some food. We can have a picnic when we get out."

She wasn't really sure if she was joking with herself, but she thought it was somehow a good suggestion.

"We should also bring some torches or the like. Or maybe the dungeon already has light fixtures..."

[OOC]

Ham would normally take extensive notes before doing something but if its brand new and there wasn't any information he'd just jump right in. He took mental notes of what everybody was saying before he made a decision. It'd probably be best to split up and then meet up at the coordinates where Floor 1 Entrance was located at. There was no danger in running into the boss room since it has been cleared already. The only real danger would be surviving the monsters that roamed this floor dungeon.

"I think we'll be fine, why don't we just get the materials and meet at these coordinates?" Ham opened up his menu and repeated the coordinates that was well known information by now for Floor 1. "All we need is a forward, we can switch if we have to. The other two can support by dealing damage from the side."

[ Potions are required in shops. The rest are really role play.]

" I'll be your forward. " Kiluia was designed to be a tank. They had yet to see what his armor could do as he raised his hand. He had been looking forward to having the power to show people he could do it. He looked at them and stood up. " I'll be at the edge where the zone ends. If you need me, pm me and I'll see what's up."

With that said, the slender young man moved swiftly through the crowd and waved goodbye." Ja.." he said and moved silently the rest of the way to position. He was eager to do this fight. He wanted to be on the front lines.

"Well, he definitely seems eager. Any idea what he's going to get?" Elyth asked ham before standing up herself. "Let's go take a look at some of the potions and decide on a dungeon to go to. We'll meet up with Kiliua in, say, thirty minutes? I wonder where he meant by that though..."

"But do we really need any potions..." Elyth murmured, walking away towards the NPC stores, where she went to look at the maps of some dungeons. She thought that one map of an Abandoned Kobold Camp was especially cool:

[attachment=0]Abandoned Kobold Camp 01 (player).jpg[/attachment]

So she got it and went looking for Kiliua and ham.

Ham watched as the two players left the cafe. Having been robbed, Ham had no col to spend and decided to head out to the entrance first.

Upon approaching, Ham could see the first floor's theme decorating the entrance. If this were any other MMORPG, Ham felt he could easily overlook the painstaking detail the developers and Akihiko put into the game. His digital focusing brought great detail to his eyes. He was immersed for a few seconds as the lines of reality and the game began to blur.

He ran his hand over the markings, indents, and bumps. He could feel certain aspects that he expected and a certain numbness one would feel if they were to touch this object with a winter glove. You feel the object but the texture and it's intricacies are unknown to you.

Ham decided to sit near the entrance and wait for the others. He didn't remember if he explained his circumstances but he could always explain why all he had was a spear and some basic gear.

Equipping his spear, he leaned on it for support as he waited for the. He was lost in thought and would appear so to anyone that arrived.

His footsteps finally led to where Ham was. A wave was given to his fellow adventurer as he closed in on the destination. " Hey. Hope you haven't been waiting long." He told him. He was dressed in his gear. A black vest and his shield in hand. Gaze was given to the surroundings looking for Elyth. Seems like she didn't arrive yet.

He stretched a bit and waited along the side for her to arrive. He didn't judge people on their appearance. He was there once so he had no reason to judge. He would do his best to continue to be their tank at all costs.

Elyth emerged from behind a small group of players walking away from the entrance. The Town of Beginning's entrance was certainly beautiful, however rustic it was. Blue flowers were planted along the city gates, and a great limestone arch opened up around the gates of the northern entrance of the wall. But Elyth wasn't here to sightsee, she was here to find her party members. She looked around, searching for two familiar faces, and upon seeing Kiliua and ham, she skipped out, holding the map out in front of her.

"Look, look! I got a map! It's for an Abandoned Kobold Camp! I have no idea what's going to be there, but let's go!" Elyth declared. She looked at the map, and began walking north out of the safe zone towards the place her map indicated they should go. The scenery changed from civilization to golden open fields. Elyth was in the mood to appreciate such beautiful colors, but she decided to inform her party members on the field she had chosen. "It's pretty close to the Town of Beginnings, so before we get there, let's discuss our equipment and stuff. I fight with a one-handed sword. What about you two?"

Ham showed his two handed spear to Elyth and looked over at Kiluia, "Do you mind being a forward? We can back you up from the sidelines or even <> to keep it going."

Ham returned his focus back to Elyth, "A map? This is great, it'll help us." The feeling of adventure had begun to tantalize Ham with possibilities. Even though the floor has already been cleared. There was always a chance something decent might drop and not to mention the invaluable experience they would get as a party venturing into a dungeon. The feeling swelled inside of Ham as his facial expression broke into a big smile.

He flipped his dagger out and spoke." My dagger." He smiled. It looked like an ordinary dagger but it had a pulsating effect even more in the moon light. He also revealed his Razor Edge and shrugged. " I planned on being the forward so

. I don't mind one bit. " He grinned a bit at the two. This dungeon was something he skipped. Good thing they were gonna do it.

He gazed upon them and spoke." You all ready to go smash some heads ? " He was roaring to go as be headed to the abandoned mine. Treasure would be nice.[ sorry for the short post]

Elyth was somewhat excited, as she was not really that enthusiastic about smashing in the heads of digitally living creatures, but she didn't speak her thoughts as it would decrease morale. And thus Elyth simply said, "It's great that you're all so motivated! There it is... the Abandoned Kobold Camp!"

Elyth pointed to a small, several-inches-long shape in the distance composed of several tent-like shapes of rumpled creamy white fabric. The only difference between a normal Kobold Camp and the one her party had stumbled on was that this particular place did not have more than a few kobolds around. But there were kobolds, so the place wasn't really that "abandoned," really.

"Oh, and ham, it's great that you picked a spear. You can stab your foes at a moderate distance, and Kiliua and I, to some extent, can finish them off like that," Elyth reasoned. "Shall... we run or should we conserve our energy?"

"Right, let's go then," Ham watched as Kiluia took the lead and was listening to what Elyth was saying. It was true, a spear had a longer reach, more so than a one handed sword or even two handed sword. This was key to mastering a spear. Creating a range, and buffing off incoming attacks by fanning the spear dexterously in his hands.

Bringing up the rear, Ham would force himself to scan the area without using any extra skills. He would need to level them up so that he wouldn't get ambushed by players or monsters.

Kiluia seemed to be the most enthusiastic, "You all ready to go smash some heads?" Ham felt like some of his enthusiasm was rubbing off of him and felt amped about this as well.

"It's great that you're all so motivated! There it is... the Abandoned Kobold Camp!" Elyth chimed in, Ham could feel her assessing Ham's ability to stay focused. He didn't blame her for this, he would do the same if the stakes were this high.

"Oh, and Ham, it's great that you picked a spear. You can stab your foes at a moderate distance, and Kiliua and I, to some extent, can finish them off like that," Elyth was giving friendly advice to Ham, even though he knew this he was grateful for the advice. In a way, it gave him more confidence, and an objective to focus in on during their venture. "Shall we run or should we conserve energy?"

Ham's ears took this in and felt it probably would be better if they eased into the dungeon. Wasting their energy in the beginning might be suicide, "Let's take it slow, this way if we ever do have to run we can."

[ omg I forgot it was my turn.]

He nodded in agreement to the statement that Ham had made. " Wise choice. It's the best since we don't know eh?" He walked slowly towards the direction the map pointed towards. " Lead the way Elyth. You're the navigator. " He grinned. Each of them had their roles to play and it could be serious if they didn't follow it.

Eyes transfixed forward towards their destination but he spoke to the two." Have you guys thought about what you plan on doing once we get outta here ?" It was a broad question. One could say it was general or personal but it was up to the person who wanted to answer it how to phrase it.