New Skill: Explosives

BOOM?!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Bomb Masters?

• Yes.... Long live Bomb Master Canon!!!!
    • Maybe... But fix it alittle
    • NO!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!?!! Let me tell you why

Points to my dear friend above for an excellent and thorough explaination. Now, I am to express the concern that was conceived by staff regarding this a while back, when I say a while I mean quite some time ago, and it was that this would not be a component within the SAO asernal. As an added note I will state that Alchemists would in fact have to do with explosive equipment Argumail, Alchemy is an arcane term used for an older version of chemistry and physics, and yes they do delve into pharmaceuticals in many occassions but they also handle a variety of other things.

I give no quarter there is no way of that outcome. There is a billion laws on everything this to can be regulated. But it seemsto me you guys are mainly consided about grenades so I will bow my head a tad a delete them. Even though you are about today's grenade not that times grenade which like a thousands times weaker, In fact the only similar between though two who be that they both go boom.

Points to my dear friend above for an excellent and thorough explaination. Now, I am to express the concern that was conceived by staff regarding this a while back, when I say a while I mean quite some time ago, and it was that this would not be a component within the SAO asernal. As an added note I will state that Alchemists would in fact have to do with explosive equipment Argumail, Alchemy is an arcane term used for an older version of chemistry and physics, and yes they do delve into pharmaceuticals in many occassions but they also handle a variety of other things. 

If that is the case then I have lost. So I concede

I just have one question for this alchemy thing. Does it give one the ability to do large structural damage just as a bomb would? If not then I would much rather have a skill for bombs. As a strategist and avid strategy game player IRL, I can not condone the fact that this was shot down so quickly. It may be true that SAO has a limited amount of ranged weaponry, but I think Bombs could be a rare skill, similar to Kirito's dual blades. I think that Dual Blades wasn't the only rare skill. Someone could have easily had a similar skill to bomb master, maybe like alchemy mishap, that gave the ability to create a bomb-like object. Arga is right about China and fireworks and such. They had a large variety of explosive back in there day. Though, they may not have been nearly as powerful as say a grenade, they could be used to harm others. They were not often fatal. The idea of gunpowder and such ran through Asia and I think it would be rather stupid not to include a piece of history like this in SAO. Anyways, I may be wrong since it has been a while since I've watched it, but I thought SAO had fireworks in an episode.

I just have one question for this alchemy thing. Does it give one the ability to do large structural damage just as a bomb would? If not then I would much rather have a skill for bombs. As a strategist and avid strategy game player IRL, I can not condone the fact that this was shot down so quickly. It may be true that SAO has a limited amount of ranged weaponry, but I think Bombs could be a rare skill, similar to Kirito's dual blades. I think that Dual Blades wasn't the only rare skill. Someone could have easily had a similar skill to bomb master, maybe like alchemy mishap, that gave the ability to create a bomb-like object. Arga is right about China and fireworks and such. They had a large variety of explosive back in there day. Though, they may not have been nearly as powerful as say a grenade, they could be used to harm others. They were not often fatal. The idea of gunpowder and such ran through Asia and I think it would be rather stupid not to include a piece of history like this in SAO. Anyways, I may be wrong since it has been a while since I've watched it, but I thought SAO had fireworks in an episode.

I agree the fight is back on! This is our story we get to decide who lives and dies. 

1) This was not 'shot down quickly' . This was brought up before, discussed, and as shown by ex-staff members Saix's post, was not accepted.

2) Dual Blades was a Unique Skill, only ten of these existed, another one being Heathcliff's Holy Sword, and they revolved around the average weapon skills in the game. Only one of these was known to revolve around ranged weaponry, it was revealed by the SAO LN writer during a conference along with the name of a few others.

3) Even though gunpowder based weaponry and objects did somewhat already exist for medieval era they were not that common of a sight in the enviroment that inspired SAO, specially since you are focusing on the Oriental viewpoint and not the European one which is what mainly inspired this game except for the few Japanese influences Kayaba placed since it was his heritage, hence their lack of existence in SAO.

4) Those fireworks you mentioned were most likely in game mechanics for scenery and aesthetic, not a player developed item. It isn't uncommon for games to develop such occurrences, for example the music we hear during boss battles in SAO was actually playing in the game itself.

Perhaps if they were smoke grenades instead of the explosive ones then I could see how this would be a better choice. I mean if there Smoke bombs then I would have a less disagreement on them, because they would be used as a diversion or a way to gain a slighltu more upper hand in combat.

This is a more viable option as smoke bombs would induce a stun condition or work well when attempting to escape, as well as variations of the smoke bomb.

I agree the fight is back on! This is our story we get to decide who lives and dies.

This isn't only your story, this is the story of various others including staff itself. Plus, according to the voting poll this idea is being denied by players of the community as well. So I'll say it once again, this idea has been denied by staff and now by the community as well.