New Skill: Explosives

BOOM?!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Bomb Masters?

• Yes.... Long live Bomb Master Canon!!!!
    • Maybe... But fix it alittle
    • NO!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!?!! Let me tell you why

<!--url{0}-->OK, before we all go loco for Btoom, I'm letting you know now that I'm talking about the Assassin Creed like explosives. I think it would make a great profession just ask , Bomb-master Cannon. Argumail would be glad to open a bombshop. It can be another crafting iteming that follows the same scale of creations. Also, getting maternal like clay and metal scrapes, and gunpowder ( From a dragon or any fire type creature) just to name a few.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to obtain this:
Quest: When the Dust has Settled
In this game you must follow Tane Vier to mountain to fight a dragon. Along the way he teaches you to create all the bombs. You must kill the dragon in order to gain the necessary gunpowder.
Requirements: Do it solo, you must write at least one page to two . After the mission make a bombshop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explosives:
(required skill level: 1)
Smoke Bomb: Well we all played Call of Duty at least once, It effects last for 2 post.
Grenade: Explosive lethal

( required skill level: 2)
Poison Bomb: Same as the smoke bomb but, dispenses paralysis spray, it's effects last for 2 post
Mines: Expolsive lethal but, lays on th ground not a throwing type.

( required skill level: 3)
Flashbang: Pretty much describes itself
Rockets( Primitive): Before you say nobody have rockets back in the sword days, well the China did they also had fireworks.( these can only be made in a shop.)

• 2 months later...
Put up a poll. when it reaches a certain amount of votes to agree, then we will consider it for option.

How do you do that?

While I do love the idea of gas bombs and throwing weapons, I must ask, why would this not just be another alchemist thing? It's fairly common to find an alchemy system in a game that involves throwing a bottle of deadly/explody fluids at someone's face.

To answer this I shall use the question. Yes, poison vial, or explosive one (Non-lethal) , they are hardly bombs per say. Alchemy deal with pharmaceutical and poison lets leave them at that. We might cause them to be OP, overpowered

• 2 weeks later...

The concept of having a bomb in the game seems a bit different. While they did have explosives in the medieval period and SAO is based off of things like that, their wasn't any type of explosives in SAO. While you say its not canon, it is based as much as possible off of the actual anime itself. Sorry for being a downer.

Noooot a huge fan of a ranged option that gives off the level of catastrophic damage a grenade would deal. Even the smallest things, like a flashbang, offer an advantage that is just too great for a system that has almost zero ranged capabilities.

Markedly, GGO does have a system for Grenades. It might not add anything to your current RP, but it's something to look into.

Errrmmm... physics lesson time.

There are multiple types of energy that exist in the universe. Today, we'll be discussing kinetic energy. There are thousands of means by which kinetic energy (the energy related to motion) are transferred. They can be gentle, rough, neutral, positive, negative, and even catastrophic.

The damage dealt by a sword transfers kinetic energy in a stable, closely knit together means that can only deal damage in a confined area. This means that there is a limit to the amount of energy that is transferred upon striking, and that limit can never be exceeded. You can cause that energy to displace over a wider surface area, but it will never transfer beyond its limits.

Now, consider a grenade. This is a concussive force that can be manipulated to disperse kinetic energy over a small area, a medium sized area, or in rare cases, a very large one. In that area of effect, kinetic energy is displaced in an erratic manner, which means that the damage caused is explicitly catastrophic. Anything caught within the primary blast zone is acted upon by a force that can, in most cases, send a wave of kinetic energy that rapidly breaks down bonds, effectively ripping something to pieces at the cellular level.

The two types of damage are exclusive, and not nearly the same. A sword is certainly as potentially lethal as a grenade by virtue of competence in application, but it does not share the inherent lethality.

Im sorry Argumail, but I have to digress here, Physics needs to be applied to all things in the universe. As a greaade produces a shock wave ("blast") has mechanical force. If this wave of compressed air hits a human body while traveling at high speed, it can do massive damage in much the same way as a vehicle moving at high speed. Of course, the shock wave is made of compressed air which has a lot more give and a lot less mass than your average car.

So, it's rather like being hit by a very light car with pillows or bubble wrap on the front end. But, it's also moving a lot faster than most cars.

I should also point out that grenades kill and injure people with their shrapnel, almost exclusively. This is why the explosive core of the grenade is wrapped in bits of metal that are cut into small squares or rectangles. If you are standing next to a grenade when it goes off, and by some extraordinary stroke of luck all the bits of shrapnel happened to miss you, you will probably survive with only some eardrum damage.

But not also to point this out as well, in classical mechanics, the kinetic energy of a non-rotating object of mass m traveling at a speed v is 60e68cd1df38040040c8594988ce049e.png. In relativistic mechanics, this is a good approximation only when v is much less than the speed of light. So to your question before, no it would not casue the same amout of damage, in fact it would do more damages. And to add this as well, how would a person use this hmm, the GM's removed the Blade Throwing skill, as that would be the only way I see that you could chuck a hot potatoe at hense person.

That may be true but there were only throwing daggers as a ranged weapon. There was no bows or arrows, and since this would be consisdered a ranged weapon, I don't think that this would play in, and plus, how would you like it if 10 players came running at you with nothing but grenades, and just chucking them at you 10 feet away and keeping you from swing a sword at them. Doing so make sword play and melee combat scenarios quite pointless, when you can just have a bag od grenades and you just use those.