[PP-F2] «It Doesn't "Matter"» [Demitry Matter] {COMPLETED}

Walking around the second floor, I spotted a new player coming from the first floor tower. I smiled, at the player. He was quite old, but not as old. "Hmm. What is a player like him doing here? He doesn't look strong enough to be up here." I said to myself tapping on my chin. The wind blew my white trench coat, and white hair to the side as I stood up. "I can never meet players that look my age, or at least younger." I said placing my hand over my face, as I shake my head.

I looked away from the player, and took a seat on the bench by the fountain. "There are no players around this floor." I said leaning my head back on the bench. I closed my eyes, as the wind blow by the mountains and through the village. I took a deep breath and put my hands behind my head. "I need to get stronger.." I said to myself, as I smirk. This floor is empty, but peaceful at the same time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't take him long to get used to the mechanics of the game, well it wasn't really a game anymore. The flat rocky terrain was a surprise to him, the first floor shared a nice setting, ponds, forests, and bright green grass filled plains. The second floor looked dry, and a rock could be spotted everywhere. For such a mountain like area he didn't expect to see anyone else a few meters from the tower entrance. Few people were even brave enough to fight on the first floor, let alone wander higher into the tower. Strength began to become a very deciding factor and training was more than necessary for survival.

Demitry slowly made his way over to the peculiar player sitting aloft on one of the lined up benches heading towards Urbus. The second floor was so quiet it made Demitry smile. He couldn't remember the last time he had a moment of silence, except for his interesting habit. He was curious what he would encounter on such a weird floor, maybe even a friend, something he really lacked. He reached the bench, his purple hair hanging past his shoulders, and lavender eyes looking for the other players name.

"Echo?" It slipped from his mouth like a viper. With little time to react he scratched his head and stepped back. Demitry wasn't sure to either announce himself or wait for a response, a stupid grin forming on his face. He coughed into his hand, awaiting Echo's acknowledgement.

"Echo?" I heard right next to me. I opened my eyes and saw the player from before. I blinked at him a couple of times with a confused look on my face. "D-Do I know you?" I asked the player. There was an odd grin on this player's face, but it was not a face of a killer. I shook my head, and smiled at the player. "Well, as you already know. My name is Echo, The White Blur." I said to the player, as I stood up. I walk in front of him, and offered my hand for a handshake.

The wind still blew, but it was okay. My white hair kept blowing towards my eyes, but always came back to its original state. I remember when I was on this floor, but it was a bad time. I shook it off, and left my hand hanging awaiting for the player to greet me. I had a bad time here, but today I want to have a good time.

Demitry relaxed and he let out a light sigh of relief, some people in these times of strife really can be overbearingly rude. It was nice to see someone that actually wasn't as fierce and loud as others.

"Yea sorry about that, my name." Demitry paused, he checked to see if his indicator was green, green it was. "My name is Demitry Matter, Stigma of the Wind. Friends just call me Stigma."Demitry was in a good mood it seemed Echo was too. Demitry grabbed onto Echo's hand and shook it firmly."So what brings you to the second floor? Have a rough time getting here?"There it was direct and straight to the point, Demitry simply had no time to waste.

I looked at Demitry, as he let out a sigh. What was that about? I thought to myself, but it could be for some personal reason. I smiled at him, and shook his hand.

"Demitry.. Unique name." I said to him with a grin. He asked me why I was on the second floor, and if I had a hard time. "I'm advancing further into the game, so I can protect the people close to me. I came here to become stronger, and be the best I can be for the friends I have." I said as I scroll down my menu. I looked at my friends list, and still could see the friends I've made previously still there. I let out a sigh, "It wasn't that hard to get here. It took some motivation, but I'm here." I said swinging my sword in a circle.

He answered Demitry's questions with ease. Echo seemed to be extremely loyal to those that really mattered to him. Demitry liked the response about his friends, not many people would come forward with such a prideful ideal. Demitry scanned him over once more an swatted away at his long hair. Echo began to make twirling motions with his blade, something Demitry found obscene.

'So you are good with a blade." Demitry looked around no mobs were in sight, maybe they could both venture to find some, the more experience he gained the better off he was. Demitry placed his hand on his sheathe, his thumb toying with the latch. "Know of any good mobs to kill around here, i'd like to try my luck." Demitry's voice almost sounded cocky, and ready for a fight. Demitry's pure determination could almost be felt, intangible as it was.

"What do you say? Want to piss off some monsters?"Demitry felt confident in his abilities, and even more now that he had another to venture forth with him.

"I wouldn't say I'm good with a blade. I'm good enough to get around." I said, as I continued to spin my Eterna in a circle. Then I heard some cockiness in Demitry's voice, and I stopped twirling Eterna. "There are about four monsters out here on the second floor. Also a field boss by the name of Bullbous Bow." I said with a serious tone. "Monsters here aren't as weak as they are on the first floor." I said bringing Eterna to my shoulder.

I chuckled at Demitry's confident, but in a good way. "If you're ready. We can head out right now." I said, as the wind blows my Wintercloak towards the field of monsters. I turned towards the direction of where the monsters spawn, and started to walk over there.

Echo seemed more knowledgeable about what they would soon or even potentially encounter. Demitry wasn't too surprised when Echo told him a boss was present on floor two. Not everything Demitry would go through would be a cake walk, at least from what he knew of the game. Echo walked ahead of him as they spotted a few monsters. Demitry caught up to Echo and placed his left hand on Echo's right shoulder.

"You seem to know what we are about to fight, how about i follow you? Plus the level difference will come in handy, just saying." Demitry lifted his hand from his shoulder as he watched and waited for the first Monster to approach. One thing sat in the back of his mind.

Can I survive Bullbous Bow if it reaches us? I don't have time to worry about these things, I need to find Zofia..

I approached the fields with Demitry, and held Eterna towards a Red Spotted Beetle. Suddenly, there were three of them waiting to attack us. I ran towards the first Red Spotted Beetle, but it evaded my attack. It tried to attack me, but I was able to kick it out of the way. I leaped towards Demitry, and placed Eterna in front of me awaiting for Demitry to attack the Red Spotted Beetles.

PARTY

Echo - 19/19

Demitry - 7/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 10/10

EQUIPMENT

Eterna - +1 DMG

Wintercloak - +1 BD

Demitry watched as Echo dove into the threatening plethora of Beetles. Lucky for Demitry they weren't spiders, a foe Demitry would have had more trouble with. The beetles all held the same red hue, almost a dark wine color. The buzzards swarmed around, Echo slipped out of combat after kicking one off to the side. It was Demitry's opening, he leapt forward his knee striking the air. This in turn pulled Demitry's body forward, his upper body slightly turned to the left, his thumb unlatched his curved mistress.

The blade cut through the air like a hot knife through butter, striking one of the buzzards wings. Demitry shifted his blade backwards and firmly in front of him. The blade curved toward the sky, the beetle swayed back and forth as it darted towards him.

PLAYERS;

Echo - 19/19

Demitry - 7/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 8/10

Demitry successfully hit the Red Spotted Beetle, and was able to get back to a safe distance. I smiled, and gripped Eterna watching the Red Spotted Beetle. I ran towards the Red Spotted Beetle once again. I attempted to hit the Red Spotted Beetle, but the Red Spotted Beetle evaded the attack again, and bit me. I tried to slash it off me, but it evaded again. I leaped back towards Demitry, as I fell to my knees. "Heh.. I guess today isn't my day." I said standing back up, facing the monsters once again.

PARTY

Echo - 18/19

Demitry - 7/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 8/10

"Did you see that Crit? Whew, I'm getting good at this." Demitry said as the Red Spotted Beetle came for it's revenge. It's pincers were large and from the looks of it was ready to take a chunk out of Demitry. Echo was in his own tussle as another attack of his fell short, Demitry knew Echo was more than capable, after all he was Level eight.

Demitry ducked underneath the first bite but then a second one came faster then the last, trying to eveade the attack Demitry slashed in a upward manner to counter the flying monster, his steel blade danced with the buzzard's wing once more.

PARTY

Echo - 18/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 7/10

"I saw it Demitry. Keep it up!" I said motivating him to keep going. I watched as he slashed the same Red Spotted Beetle again. I put Eterna close to me, and watched the Red Spotted Beetle. I rushed the same monster once again, and I tried to slash the Red Spotted Beetle. The Beetle knew I was coming, and charged at me. It came to me quick, and I wasn't able to block the attack. It pierced me, as I fell to the ground. I kicked it off, and went back to Demitry.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

It was clear the only beetle that clearly wanted Demitry and Echo dead was the one that took a chunk out of Demitry. It was a persistent Beetle. Demitry even thought it would be a more fitting name for it. He lightly chuckled at the thought as he followed up with another slash. this slash was different however, Demitry used both hands and titled his blade fotry-five degrees. It hummed, the blade went diagonally forward shifting momentum in a downward motion. The bug went to evade, only this time it actually got out of the way unscathed.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Clearly, today wasn't my day. All my attacks were all misses. In frustration I dashed recklessly into the Red Spotted Beetle. These beetles were nothing but experience ready to be collected. Kayaba was smart to put these monsters in, but these monsters won't hold me back from achieving my goals! I was able to reach the Red Spotted Beetle, but my attack missed once again. I need to stay focused. Fighting recklessly might get me killed. Or worse. Demitry. I thought to myself, as I leap back to safety.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Demitry slid past Echo a second Beetle flung to Demitry's right shoulder to flank him. It's sharp pincers snagged his shoulder. Demitry went to duck underneath the trajectory of the attack, only he wasn't sure if he was fast enough. His purple eyes shifted toward another oncoming Beetle a third to join the fray as Echo charged after it. A reckless move, by a veteran combatant. Demitry pivoted out of the way hoping his dodge was successful, even using his own Kempo Shift wouldn't have made a difference.

"That could have gone worse.." Demitry said toying around with scattered Beetles.

Demitry's Counter attack was swift, and well executed, sending the buzzard down a notch. The blade struck more true than a raging dragon.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 9/10

Demitry. You're better than I have expected. I thought to myself. I smiled at the though of a new player, breezing through an unknown area which is higher than his level. I'm a foolish player, but my foolishness helps other players. I also made some new friends with it. Now, is where I must train Demitry to become strong as well. With the positive though running through my mind, I used [Agility] and flashed towards the Beetle. Eterna went through the beetle quick, and I was able to give it a good slash before heading back to Demitry.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 5/10

Echo was like a knight, grabbing the rest of the Beetles attention and swinging with such a burning determination made Demitry smile. He was glad he ran into someone like that, not many would do such a reckless move. Sometimes being reckless is all one can do. Demitry knew that, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a reckless decision, forcing him to be stuck within a Virtual game. He looked to see if Echo struck the Beetle in front. His blade was one of kind, a slight enhancement caused more damage than Demitry's. Echo had a fine tool of destruction, something Demitry would soon surpass.

"Ahh!"

Demitry let out a loud battlecry, his feet thwarting the ground with every step. His speed was almost unpredictable, as three slashed came in a flurry, the Beetle had no where to go but up. something wings could easily assit with. Demitry sucked in a fraction of air, and lightly let it out. his eyes scanning to see results. Demitry jumped from the fray, three Red Spotted Beetles still flying true..

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 5/10

I smiled at Demitry. He was someone who was able to take on the toughest challenge. His goals were probably higher than mine, but I'll value his goals. Regardless. Demitry Matter.. You have earned my respects today. Not many would, but you sure did. I thought to myself, as I gripped Eterna. My Wintercloak gave me a good accuracy, but not as good as Demitry's. Even though he was older than me, his low level makes me think of him as a little brother I had to protect.

With that in mind, I can't let him die. Not on my watch. I rushed towards the same Beetle, and jumped into the air spinning with Eterna directly towards the Red Spotted Beetle. I was able to mark the beetle and kicked it further from its group. I leaped back, and slid towards Demitry once again.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 3/10

Demitry didn't realize how mixing in a kick or two could really change the tide of battle till he witnessed Echo in action. The diversity of his moves and his capable blade made Echo quite the foe, something Demitry didn't want to end up as. Echo was also incredibly agile, so many things kept making Demitry to try harder. Then out of nowhere the third full health Red Spotted Beetle fly high into the sky and dived toward Demitry. Demitry stepped back as his blade waited for a taste of it's mucus filled blood. It came down to timing, something Demitry wanted to get better at. This was perfect practice. He'd been working on a reverse blade mechanic for overhead attacks against him. Demitry had little time as the bug reached his blade.

Demitry snapped his left shoulder back, his blade pulling backwards with it. Then with a quick release he hoped for a counter, if it failed Demitry would have little time to free himself from damage.

PARTY

Echo - 17/19

Demitry - 6/7

ENEMY

Red Spotted Beetle - 3/10