[PP-F2] Battle tested, ~Echo COMPLETED

Leaning his back against the wall, Saito began realizing that he was not battle tested enough and needed to go out and kill mobs. The problem with fighting swarms alone was once you were hit and off balance there was a strong possibility that they would all get uncontested hits on him. Normally in any other MMO, Saito's pride would outweigh his logic and send him into countless mobs with no potions until he was strong enough to take on dozens alone. The problem with that thought process is he only has one life to lose, no do overs and parties may be essential to his survival.

Saito leaned his chest forward as to give the rest of his body the momentum it needed to start moving. His eyes traced the city as he walked as he hoped to find someone he could party up with to go test his combat skills. The sight of seeing so many people huddled in groups was not comforting, the mere thought he missed his window due to his anti-social tenancies began to make his blood pump.

He sighed as he brought up a list, on his HUD, of nearby players hoping to scout them out before inviting someone to party up with.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several players started to appear in Urbus, but still empty. "Hm. I guess there are a lot of more players than it was before." I scrolled down my menu, and checked on my equipment. I took a seat at the central plaza of Urbus, and slouched down on the bench. I need to become stronger. Staying here won't make a difference. I need to become stronger, and leave as soon as possible. I thought to myself, as I watch the fountain.

I watch as other players get to groups to take on quests, or to train. I smiled at the players as they walk by me. "I wonder how the rest of them are doing." I said, referring to the friends I met on my way to the second floor. I materialize Eterna, and placed her on my lap.

Saito could not retrieve enough information about the players, that could potential hold his life in their hands, from scanning names on his HUD. Suddenly his gaze was held by a player sitting on a nearby bench. His nonchalant attitude either meant he was stronger than his general surroundings or at peace with being entrapped in SAO. Hoping it wasn't the latter, Saito walked over to the bench and took a seat next to the user. Looking out of the corner of his eye he was able to make out a name. Echo, staring straight forward he began is conversation.

"It's not often that I am humbled or seek guidance. After the initial announcement I took my time gathering information from brokers, creating necessary ties, and in that time I have not had a chance to use my sword in battle..." He continued starring straight ahead, admitting this out loud was not easy and he did not want to see Echo's reaction.

"I don't like relying on others but you seem, after a quick analysis, that you are a lot more in sync with how this world works. If you help me I will be in your debt, if you do not wish to simply stand up and walk away and keep this offer between us."

I heard footsteps from a distance, and then a player sat down next to me. I continued to stare into the fountain as the player starts to talk. I sensed the player wasn't strong, but he was able to reach the second floor. He must be stronger than he looks. The player seemed to know my name, and I shook my head. "Yes.. My name is Echo. What is your name?" I said, still looking forward.

The player admitted that he rarely ask others for help. This player valued his pride more than his life. "Pride has no value. Just saying." I said to him, as I continue to look forward. This player didn't have any form of manners, but what was I to say. I didn't have manners when it comes to older players.

"I don't know my way around this game. I just have the motivation to go on. Dying isn't an option right now. I have to help others achieve their goals before I can die. My bonds with them will not shatter until I have completed my goals. If you seek help for using a weapon. I'm not the person you're looking for. I'm just a player. No more. No less." I said to him, sounds like an idiot.

The news that he had not approached the right player to help with with combat was devastating, never putting himself out there to ask for help has finally blew up in his face. Saito began to think of what his options were, maybe he can ask this player to at least party and go out into the wild with him so he has backup. Of course a good place to start would be by answering this players question.

"My name is Saito Jorn." Letting that sentence settle he tried to figure out how to go about asking this new acquaintance to party up, and what that might mean. Debating his options, he no longer had the option to walk away, if he waited too long to get his hands dirty he would fall behind the guilds and never be able to catch up to the front lines.

"Well thanks anyways..." Saito stood up and went to take a step away. "No,sorry I didn't mean that. Would you at least be willing to party up while I go test my luck against monsters, just until I get the hang of things?"Saito tried to hide his desperation but with that request it was nearly impossible. He just needed assurance he could learn the rules of combat without the fear of death. Hopefully Saito doesn't leave the city alone.

Saito's name came to me at a surprise. "S-Saito?" I said, but rejected the though quick. There was no way another person has the name SaitÅ. I thought to myself. I calmed myself, and continued to watch the fountain spew water. "Its nice to meet you Saito Jorn." I said, how I would always greet others.

Saito thanked me after I told him I was not the one to help him with combat training, but he came back to ask for a party. "You want to Party up?" I asked, finally taking a look at the player. The player seemed to be older than me, but it didn't matter. "If you want to test your luck with the monsters here, than let's go test it out." I said, as I stood up. The fields on second floor were filled with monsters. I started to head there, without saying a word.

Finally the break that Saito was looking for, a security net that allowed him to build his strength to continue his pursuit for strength. Following Echo closely a calming vibe surrounded Saito, suddenly knowing the one thing he was truly worried about in this game was going to be addressed and he could go on questing, bartering, and brokering information. A calming breeze blanketed the field where they walked through. Saito heard people talking about this exact field and the monsters here.

Suddenly about ten feet away 3 wind wasps spawned, they must have been waiting to re-spawn. Saito reached his right hand about his shoulder grabbing the hilt of his sword.

"Finally, I get to put this sword to good use." A crooked smile grew on Saito's face as he became excited about the upcoming battle.

"Three Wind Wasps?" I said to myself. I pulled out Eterna, and quickly equipped my Wintercloak. Saito might be a low level, but his charisma might get him through all of this. I watched as the Wind Wasps find their attention towards us. I waved my sword until one of the Wind Wasp saw me. I dashed towards the Wind Wasp gripping onto Eterna. Eterna struck the first Wind Wasp, and went right through it. I rolled behind the three Wind Wasps, and kept my distance.

PARTY

Echo - 19/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wow what an attack, after seeing their health barely drop he realized these bugs have a lot of health. Saito realized that strategically it was better to attack the injured one so it no longer has a chance to attack. Unsheathing his sword Saito jet forward towards the Wind wasp that was just hit by Echo's blade.

Keeping his eye on the other two he swung his sword, striking upward toward the bee.

PARTY

Echo - 19/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

I watched as Saito go for the same wasp I went after. I tucked Eterna towards my waist, and lunged towards the same wasp.

My attacked missed the wasp, as it flew into the sky. It came back down and pierced my shoulder. I leap back towards Saito, as I fall to my knees. "Heh. They got me there." I said, as I stood up. I slashed the air, as if I was getting blood off Eterna.

PARTY

Echo - 19/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Watching Echo attempted to strike the same wasp reassured Saito that they were on the same page, reducing the number of wasps was the correct action. At that moment one of the other wasps cut through the air and tried to sting Saito in the shoulder. Saito back stepped this attempt to just barely dodged the wasp's stinger.

Saito scanned the surrounding area to make sure there were still just the three wasps to deal with. No more monsters spawns so things were looking up.

PARTY

Echo - 19/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

I focused on the Wind Wasps, and rushed at the Wind Wasps. I wanted to end this quickly to keep pushing myself further. This would benefit both Saito, and me. I lunged at the Wind Wasps once again. I was able to take the Wind Wasp down to half health, and smirked. I leaped back to Saito, and awaited for his attack against the Wind Wasps. "Don't hesitate to attack these foul creatures. Nothing more than Kayaba's creations." I said encouraging Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 18/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Echo claimed he was not one to be giving combat advice but his combat manner said other wise, strong quick strikes lead Saito to believe he picked the right person. Rushing back into combat Saito thrust-ed his sword out with alarming speed. It seemed it might have been a rushed attack as he grazed by the Wasp rather than striking it. He wasn't discouraged but he knew as well as Echo this fight needed to come to an end quickly.

PARTY

Echo - 18/19

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

LEVEL UP!

The Wind Wasps are not a problem, but it will take time to finish these off. I placed in front of me, and prepared for the Wind Wasp to attack. One of them looked at me and flew straight towards me. Before it could get me, I evaded the attack and slashed right through it. It came back for another round, but I was able to get back to Saito with no harm done to me. I tucked my sword towards my waist, and awaited for Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 7/7

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

LEVEL UP

Saito watched as Echo gracefully evaded the attack and struck the wasps back. Saito's confidence was gradually rising as they damaged more and more of the wasps. You can do this Saito, slay these wasps. Saito spun in a circle, his straight sword shadowing his movement. The wasps seemed to be honed in on Echo, this was the perfect chance to strike. Saito's eyes were still glued to the wasp with the lowest HP, all he needed to was destroy his first monster and he know he could do it.

Closing the gap between himself and the wasps Saito swung his arm horizontally in an attempt to strike the wasp closest to him. The wasp flew directly up out of Saito's reach and negated his attack

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Saito was unable to strike the wasp, but it doesn't mean that he will give up. "Good work, Saito." I said, as I watch for the Wind Wasps to find their target. The wind blew, and my white hair got into my face. I saw the Wind Wasp charge at me, and I took a position to get ready. I attempted to attack the Wind Wasp, but it pierced my shoulder, and I fell to the ground holding on to my shoulder. I stood up, and wiped the sweat off my forehead. "What an impact." I said, with a smirk.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

With every miss of Saito's blade, his personal drive to slay these monsters grew, and if his own ego wasn't enough he heard a friendly voice give him positive reinforcement. Echo was turning out to be quite an asset, and the fact he was too missing the target solidified Saito's notion that he was doing fine in combat. A wasp darted straight towards Saito, this attack was very swift and had the element of surprise.

But Saito was ready, turning his body sideways at the last second the Wasp flew by his chest, too fast to adjust it's initial course.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

"ACTIVATE! [Raging Spike]!" I said, as I lunged towards the Wind Wasp. There was an uneasy feeling, when I activated the sword skill. The Wind Wasp flew into the air, evading my attack. My sword didn't even glow bright, when I activated it. Damn it! What to do. I said, as the Wind Wasp attempted to attack me. I dodged the attack, and dashed back towards Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Hearing Echo yell ACTIVATE peaked Saito's interest. Does that mean he knows a sword skill? I didn't know that everyone had one. The fact it failed could be a testament to how hard a sword skill is to use at lower levels. Saito realized he had tricks of his own hidden up his sleeves. Maybe not as flashy as Echo but hopefully it will work.

Saito ran towards the wasp for a third time,

"Your mine this time!" Saito said the bee instinctively flew up as if to dodge his sword. Only this time Saito wasn't using his sword. Stabbing his sword into the ground Saito stepped onto the hilt of his sword with his right led. Using his acrobatics he leaped up to the height of the wasp. Raising his right forarm, and wrist he straighten his fingers and struck forward quickly. This is the first time he has tested his martial arts skill in live combat after obtaining it.

His hand struck the bee sending it towards the ground with such swiftness.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

In rage, I quickly materialize Koiken. This blade is heavier than Eterna, and packs a powerful punch. I ran towards the Wind Wasp, ignoring everything in my path. Strength I kept running towards the Wind Wasp, as it wasn't paying attention. Power I thought to myself, but the sword was to heavy to swing fast enough to reach the Wind Wasp. I materialize Eterna once again, and backed off to Saito. Fighting flying monsters are the worst. I thought to myself.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10