[PP-F2] Battle tested, ~Echo COMPLETED

Saito saw the quick equip of weapons and realized that Echo was going through his arsenal trying to kill this swarm, Saito realized he too needed to build up his collection of weapons to make himself more versatile. Saito landing on his feet he sprinted towards the weakened Wasp. Maybe a follow up attack will put this thing in it's place and give us momentum. An old feeling resided in his body as he felt like he was in school again fighting with his bare knuckles. If that's what it would take to defeat this heard a little variety wouldn't hurt. Anchoring his body with his left leg and snapped his body 180 degrees. His right foot following through with a round house kick to the bee still trying to regain it's composure.

The other wasps took it upon themselves to fly in front of Saito distracting him causing his kick to just miss the injured Wasp.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koiken, is a heavy sword and it pacts a punch. The only problem I have with it, is the fact that I can't swing fast enough to land a hit on the Wind Wasps. If I can pick up my accuracy, I will be able to hit them. I thought to myself, as I brought Koiken closer to me. The Wind Wasp engaged, and I took my position. The Wind Wasp charged at me, and I deflected its attack, and kicked it back to its group. "Try your best Saito!" I shouted, as I dashed back to him.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Refusing to give up Saito readied for a follow up attack. These wasps may be really elusive for my first fight, but that doesn't matter, if I can beat these down I can take on slower targets Saito thought to himself. Saito walked back and ripped his sword from the ground.

Running towards the wasps he decked quickly, lunging into the air allowed him to closer the gap between him and his target. These wasps needed to be struck down, defeating a user's first mob is essential to a player's growth on SAO. Swinging his sword he gave it everything he had hoping to clip the wings of these insects.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 8/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Defeating these monsters is another step closer to becoming stronger. I stabbed Eterna into the ground, and awaited for the Wind Wasps to attack one of us. Saito hasn't been attacked yet, so the attention should be towards me.

The Wind Wasps are annoying, but I need the experience to be stronger. The Wind Wasp engaged and charged straight towards me. I quickly materialize Koiken, and slashed the Wind Wasp right into the ground. I kicked it back to its group and de-materialize Koiken, and picked up Eterna. "Now that is the element of surprise." I said with a smirk.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 11/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

Echo's attack was remarkable, watching him equip back and forth between weapons was quite a sight to witness. Saito was to develop the a proper strategy. Before he had time to think a wasp flew towards him, unaware of how he drew the aggro, Saito tucked his head into his chest for defense. The wasps stinger punctured Saitos shoulder, causing his body to jerk back.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 10/10

I took a hold of Eterna, and threw it at the Wind Wasp. When Eterna passed through the Wind Wasp, I quickly equipped back to Koiken. I dashed towards, and quickly activated my sword skill, [Double Slash]. I left a X mark on the Wind Wasp, but it faded away. I de-materialize Koiken, and grabbed my Eterna. "Saito, you need to quickly take these out." I said, as I dashed back towards Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

The realization of this experience was sinking in. If these wasps took this long to battle, how would he fair in the world of Aincrad. Not ready to give up Saito ran towards the weakest one ready to even the playing field. His sword needed to take care of this insect once and for all.

"I know, I won't let you down !"

Saito used a quick up slash on the wasp. Success! The wasp flew back into the mob with another injury.

PARTY

Echo - 20/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 3/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

I sensed that Saito, only had pride to rely on. "Saito. These battles are never easy. Don't look down. Reach the stars, and make your dreams a reality." I said attempting to boost Saito's confidences. Things will always be hard no matter how hard I try. I rather die then not help others reach there goals. I said clenching onto Eterna. With so much on my mind, I ran towards the Wind Wasps recklessly, and attempted to attack them all. In the end they were able to pierce through me, and I fell to my knees. "You see.. I'm a higher level, but I still can even kill these monster." I said with a weak tone.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Saito watched Echo's display, realizing that this is what it means to be alive in SAO Saito continued after his target, after being able to successfully hit his target, he had to try to follow up that attack.

Without another thought Saito thrusted towards the straggler in the group.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 2/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

I smiled at Saito, he now had determination in his eyes. I stood up, and dusted myself off. I took Eterna, and closed my eyes. I focused on the three Wind Wasps, and they charged at me with full force. I blocked all three of their attacks, and swiped them back to their original position. "Let's try to finish this as soon as possible." I said, with eagerness in my eyes. I took a defensive position awaiting for Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 2/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

The encouragement wad all Saito needed to spark his confidence. Knocking away a feeble attempt at an attack Saito began his barrage of sword swings determined bring down this mob. The strength of a Conrad was unparalleled.

The weakest link was almost slain

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 1/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

"He's doing great. A great swordsman if I say so myself." I thought to myself, as I regroup with Saito. The encouragement I gave him, must have boosted his strength. It wasn't enough, but it was good. The Wind Wasp took its aim at me once again, and I took a defensive position. It attempted to attack me once again, but I evaded the attack and grabbed onto the Wasp. "HYAH!" I threw it back to its group, awaiting for Saito to attack.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 1/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

NEW EQUIPMENT

Eterna - +1 DMG

Wintercloak - +1 BD

Timeless Boots - +1 BD

The world around him phased out as Saito zoned in on his target. The wasp's wings slowed down as Saito became extremely focused on his target. The Wasp flew straight up as to try to avoid the incoming attack. Saito had to attack this monster, there were no if's and's or buts about it. Letting his reflexes take over Saito threw his blade into the air.

The twirling blade spun with immense speed towards the Wasp. The sword shredded through the wings of the wasp as it shattered into a thousand blue crystals and dissolved away.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 0/10

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Saito managed to kill the first Wind Wasp, but there were two more buzzing around. I focused on destroying these two, and the Wind Wasps started to give their attention to me. The Wind Wasps charged at me at the same time, and I charged at them with Eterna in front of me. Before they could even attack me, I blocked their attack, and pushed them back to their original positions. I didn't have enough of a head start to land a hit, but I did manage to block their attacks.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 5/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Raising his right finger, Saito brought up his HUD grazing his finger over 'Mending Soul' and equipped it. 'I guess it's time to try this out' Saito had yet to use his new sword this battle. Running forward, the confidence of the first kill propelled him towards the other two wasps.

"Ahhh!" Saito's battle cry expelled from his chest.

This sword was lighter than the starting equipment. Making swift contact the wasp was sliced right through its stinger.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 3/10

Wind Wasp - 7/10

Saito again was able to damage the Wind Wasp, and I on the other hand was struggling. I focused my attack on the Wind Wasps, and pulled Eterna to my waist. I dashed towards the Wind Wasp, and equipped Koiken. For a moment, it looked like I was dual wielding, but Eterna de-materialize out of my right hand. I leaped into the air, and slashed the Wind Wasp. Dropping its health dramatically.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 3/10

Wind Wasp - 4/10

The end of the battle was drawing near. Both of the opposing health bars are in the yellow. Saito's exhaustion was present, the attacks on the mob were mentally draining. Saito shifted his wrist, turning his blade 180 degrees. Taking a step forward, he realized he would focus on his technique.

Honing in on his technique Saito thrust the tip of his blade toward the wasp. The second wasp shattered into oblivion

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

Saito successfully killed a Wind Wasp, and it was my turn to do some work. I'm not a very good swordsman after all. I rejected the thought, and concentrated on the Wind Wasp. I charged at the Wind Wasp, as its attention was drawn to me. It attempted to sting me, but I blocked the attack and missed my attack as well. I backed up, and dashed back to Saito. "This is a lot difficult than I thought." I said to Saito.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 4/10

"Tell me about it!" Saito's voice sounded tired and battered. The mob was down to one, one final wasp that needed to be slain and he could put his first mob behind him. It seemed that it was getting easier the longer the fight drew on. The new sword was definitely a vast improvement from his starting sword. Saito tried not to get distracted by the excellent blue embroidery on the hilt of this sword.

"Let's end this!" Saito's heart was racing as he dodged to the right aligning himself with the last wasp, raising his sword above his head he swung straight down hoping to replicate the first two wasps.

PARTY

Echo - 19/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 2/10

I watched as Saito damage the Wind Wasp, and I drew my sword in front of me. I focused on attacking the Wind Wasp, and charged at it recklessly. I wanted to end this battle, as it was dragged out too long. I leaped into the air, attempting to end the life of the Wind Wasp, but it attacked me. It leaped back to Saito, and kneeled on the floor. "Damn it.."

PARTY

Echo - 18/21

Saito Jorn - 10/11

ENEMY

Wind Wasp - 2/10