[PP-F1] The Hunter Returns

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning to his feet, Kal would angrily charge towards the wolf, sword held before him. However, as his sword was about to make contact, a sudden gust of wind would throw him off slightly, giving the wolf an opening to deliver a sharp slash to his left wrist.

<>

2/9

<>

5/5

Confidence somewhat restored by his previous success, Kal would again charge towards the beast, sword held high. However the wolf, having gained a measure of caution, would merely wait for him to charge, and after sidestepping, deliver a sharp blow to his Achilles heel, dropping Kal down to one point of health.

<>

1/5

<>

Zak happened to be in the area searching for some mythical rabbit that everyone was talking about, a rabbit that had the most delectable taste to it. That was fine and dandy, but the rumor also stated that it was faster than anything witnessed in SAO to date. Nobody had found the darn thing and Zak was pretty determined to see what the hype was all about, but that didn't seem like it was going to happen today anyways. Up ahead, a player all by his lonesome was fighting a wolf; the wolf having more HP than the player. A bit concerned for the player with only 1HP left, Zak went in for the killing blow and if the wolf happened to avoid it, he'd tank out the damage.

<>

Zak: 15/15

Kalthios: 1/5

<>

3/5

Quirking an eyebrow at the newcomer, Kal would again charge at the beast, sword held high. However, as he swung, the wolf dodged his blade and instead of coming at its attacker would, due to its programming, go for the highest threat: The Newcomer. However, the wolf's slash would merely bounce off the newcomer's shield, doing no damage.

<>

1/9

<>

15/15

<>

3/5

Zak missed, which was quite disappointing as it meant he couldn't show off how powerful he was to the player. Regardless, Zak blocked the wolf's fangs using his shield and he watched as the other player went in for a quick attack, but he missed as well. With playtime over, Zak waltzed up to the wolf and went for a slick attack, hoping to drive the end of his sword into the wolf's mouth.

<>

1/5

<>

15/15

<>

3/5

Chuckling wryly at the other player, while still grateful for his help, Kal would again sprint towards the beast. This time, however, he would jump high in the air, tossing his sword in front of him. As gravity overtook both person and blade, Kal would slam his sword down into the wolf's virtual flesh, causing it more damage. Looking towards the other player, Kal would grumble through gritted teeth "If you want to help, just keep it off my back. I started this, I WILL end it." The fierce light of battle in his eyes would leave next to no room for debate or argument.

<>

1/9

<>

15/15

<>

1/5

Zak was even more disheartened to see that he wouldn't be able to slay the beast with a crushing blow to the face. Not to mention, the low leveled player was able to hit first, even if it was because the wolf was distracted by Zak. Shrugging it off, he walked forwards, waiting for the wolf to get close and would strike at the last moment, still aiming for the face. Why? No reason, it would just look cooler stabbing something in the face. However, before the wolf got close enough to attack, the other player asked to land the killing blow, "Whatever you say champ, just attack the moment after it leaps towards my shield and it should be an easy time."

<>

15/15

<>

1/5

<>

1/5

Letting a quick grin cross over his features, Kal would sprint towards the wolf, sword held before him. However, he stumbled a moment due to not positioning himself right, and tumbled to a stop, slightly behind Zak, whom the wolf decided to attack.

<>

1/9

<>

15/15

<>

1/5

Zak let out a sigh as the wolf collided into his shield and he couldn't simply finish him off, but he was even more disappointed to know that the player missed a most opportune chance. Simply standing in place, Zak kept his shield up before him and sheathed his sword so that he could wave the player over, "Come on, dude. You've got to be quicker than that and besides, when's the last time you upgraded?" Shield still raised, the wolf continued to try pushing its way through.

<>

15/15

<>

1/5

<>

1/5

Shooting the other player a glance, Kal would once again sprint towards the beast, sword held before him. Letting loose a savage battlecry, born of frustration and anger, Kal would jump from a foot or two away from the beast. Hearing his yell, the wolf would turn and attempt to deliver a roar of its own... before being skewered in the mouth by Kal's sword. Rolling through the cloud of crystalline shards, Kal would spring to his feet before Zak. "Thanks for the assist... and, I haven't upgraded." Then, as he would sheath his sword, he would notice the pop-up. "Congratulations! Obtained 1 x Dire Wolf Pelt!" Closing the pop-up, Kal would again face towards Zak.

The player, finally defeating the wolf with a roar of anger, explained to Zak that he had yet to upgrade. Hanging his head a bit in false disappointment, he was more than delighted to know he could bait a customer, "You know, you'd be able to be more accurate and crank out some pretty decent damage if you upgraded." He looked back up at the player's red health bar, "Not to mention, get some armor or a shield and you won't have to worry about your health being whittled down like it is now." He lowered his shield and extended his free hand, "I'm Zak, owner of Fury's Forge; a Blacksmith shop on this floor."

Kal would quirk an eyebrow slightly. "Laying the product pushing on a helpless newbie? Smart, I'll give you that... Anyway, I've seen your store once or twice. Heard good things about it besides, and I was thinking of heading over there once I had the col to afford something." He would look down at his starter outfit for a moment. "Especially new armor. This... this is just pathetic, right here." He would snap his attention back to Zak. "Anyway, sorry! The name's Kalthios. Pleased to meet ya." He would reach out and shake the presented hand.

Kalthios had a firm shake, at least he wasn't too embarrassed about how badly his fight was going, "Well, some would call it blunt advertising. Sure." After the handshake, he'd place his hand on his hip, with his shield hand hanging down, "However, there's honestly nothing better than upgrading in this game. You output more damage, you absorb less damage, you become more agile, and much more." Shrugging his shoulders at the thought of only accepting Col, he continued to talk about his shop, "Well, I'd be more than willing to accept materials as a trade. I find them more useful than Col, myself, as I can't forge new weapons and armor with currency."

Kal would chuckle for a moment. "Just imagine that a moment, a set of armor created from currency... Anyway, I'd be happy to make that kind of a trade with you... if I had the materials to give you." He would then sigh in disappointment. "Sadly, I've only gotten one mat from my hunts. The other drops have all been col and healing potions, which've helped me out, granted, but still..." He would again shake his head and sigh in disappointment.

Of course, mats and Col was always a problem, especially for newbies, "Well, my usual price for a rare quality is generally 1200 Col or 3 mats. Hmm..." He furrowed his brows and thought, scratching his chin to make it seem like he was putting a lot of thought into whatever he was thinking, "I could cut you some slack for your first deal. I've got a rare quality sword back in shop that's for sale and I'd take a single mat for it, but you'll have to take me on as your go-to smith." To be fair, it was quite the good deal and he'd be a fool not to take it, at least in Zak's mind, "What do you say, good deal, yeah?"

Kal would whistle quietly a moment. "Hmm, one sword for the low, low price of a single mat... and my soul in regards to smithing choices? Sounds too good to be true, to me." He would shrug slightly, before raising a finger. "Though... do you do that same trade off with armor? Three mats for one, that is."

"Yes sir, whether it's a weapon, armor, or piece of equipment. If I can make it, it runs for the same rates." Granted, he didn't have anything in the shop for instant sell, but at the very least, he had enough mats to start crafting some more custom made orders. Even if it took a few tries, his prices were fair for both involved and with his luck, Zak usually had a few materials to spare after each successful craft, "It certainly is good, but it's also true. Feel free to come in when you get the chance, I'd enjoy seeing you drop by soon."