Rules on Local Chat and Skype Chat

Helllo~

um... I do have a question....

isn't the point of "chat" to talk to other players as we usually do? The 'in-char. thing...is kinda... no offence...but stupid... some people don't have Skype (not naming) and maybe some don't WANT to Skype or give the o' so personal info out. Did you ever think of that?

I'm just expressing my opinion as a player but, the "in-char." thing should be for the threads. That's when the stories come to life! I mean through character! If you don't want to use your character and use the plural "I" then that should be aloud also. Please consider it....

some people don't have Skype (not naming) and maybe some don't WANT to Skype or give the o' so personal info out. Did you ever think of that?

That's where the Out of Context sections come to play.

viewforum.php?f=40

Do you have any idea how much processing memory and storage the local chat actually takes up when people are constantly (spamming) using it, compared to posting in the non-SAO/non-RP section? Not to mention nips the bud where everyone complains "oh I'll never get to the higher levels, it's so unfair", yeah you'll never get to a higher level because local chat isn't a post contributing towards your post count and that equates to your level here.

Reason we recommended Skype was because it uses aboslutely none of our resources on the site, it's free, available on a multitude of platforms including Xbox360 and all mobile phones, does not require video or voice chat as you can use it as a text chatting platform, and if you have a personal account we can respect that but you can make more than one Skype account too. Even I have two accounts, one for friends and family, and another for online.

What if you dont HAVE a Skype account? Then what do you do?

That's where the Out of Context sections come to play.

:arrow: viewforum.php?f=40

Do you have any idea how much processing memory and storage the local chat actually takes up when people are constantly (spamming) using it, compared to posting in the non-SAO/non-RP section?

Post your general discussions in the nonSAO/nonRP forums.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that these rules are not being well enforced. However, most of the chat is relevant. I think that most of the chat should be in character. However, it should also be about the game. For example, players saying "replied @Zuzu" would be cool so they know when their roleplay is active. Also, asking questions about the posts of other players (in case they don't understand a response). However, I really disapprove of the spamming of "I'm BOOOOOOOOORED" and things such as that.

i happen to agree, but ive noticed the mornings that i get on, really are about people just talking about nonsense, but seeing as to where i stand i think im going to remain hidden and enforce the rules of the mini chat as fit, but never let anyone know im watching until i notice an offender of the rules

What Oske said is pretty much all I was going to say, she summed it all up. We could use the chat to let people know we replied or stuff of the sort.. not spamming as Oske and a few others have already said to us. So I agree with Oske's opinion about having the chat to use it that way. Although, unsure if everyone is going to use it properly or just talk nonsense like always

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon