[PP-F4] A Winter's Day (Echo)

A smile appeared on Ruri's face as she arrived on the fourth floor, small snowflakes surrounding her and falling onto the snow on the ground. "It's so beautiful..." She murmured before looking over to a small patch of reeds and seeing a small glimpse of white... "Umm... Hello?" She asked aloud before turning towards <>. She was so unsure who it was, but hoped that the being was fairly sane.

My second time on the fourth floor, and there were still snowflakes falling from the sky. "I'm back." I said, as the snow surround me. I walked around, aimlessly watching the snowflakes fall. I stood there for a moment, and heard Umm... Hello? I turned towards the girl with blue hair. "Ruri?" I said, as I looked shocked. The time I first met her till now, was quite sometime already. I haven't seen her since the first floor.

Hearing the small "Ruri?" she turned around to face the silver haired man. "Hello... Echo." Managed to escape her lips as she Blushed a little at sure not really knowing who it was. By now she was just happy to see the male character. "It's strange to see you here, but.. Hi. I guess." She spoke again with a slight smile as she turned and saw her dark furred familiar come sprinting at him, and sat beside her. Patting the young wolf pup's head as she looked over to Echo.

I saw Ruri blushed, but I didn't acknowledge it for a moment. It was great to see her though, we've never contacted each other after some time already. Time has really gone by quick, but that doesn't matter. She lived till now, and that was all I cared about right now. "It's nice to see you again, Ruri." I said to her. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. A dark furred familiar came sprinting toward me, and sat besides Ruri. "Ach.. Its just a familiar." I said, as I gave out a sigh of relief.

She nodded, agreeing to Echo's statement. The young girl crouching near her familiar, and petting it's soft dark fur. The wolf pup looking up at Echo and running around him playfully. "Let's Plllaayy!" The familiar would say before running faster and jumping up at him slightly. A smile on Ruri;s face as she saw the familiar circling the male. "Silly.." She'd giggle before patting the wolfs head again.

"P-Play?" I said, as the familiar started to jump at me. I was confused about how familiars work, but it seems like I've now met two players who have familiars. I squat down next to the wolf, and I started to pet the wolf. My face formed a smile, and I stood up. "I guess playing around right now wouldn't hurt." I said, as I walked towards the fields. What does a familiar even do, when it wants to play? I thought to myself, before I tripped. I caught myself, and pretended it didn't happen.

Ruri smiled, running after the two as she continued to attempt to keep up. Kanya smiling up at the silver haired man. "After playing with Kanya, is there anything else you'd like to do?" She asked Echo as she grinned, sprinting after the two. She wasn't sure what to do on the fourth floor but knew of a cafe near here. <> she'd remember. She wasn't quite sure what she really felt toward Echo. She only knew that he was a strong, brave silver haired man. Yet she wasn't very able to really talk to men much since the last few she'd talked to kind of-- died or killed themselves. All she could do was continue. She wasn't quite sure what had triggered the deaths but she could only hope that Echo wouldn't be the same way.

We've done a couple things that I could think of, but that was it. "Well, once we're done here I don't mind what we do." I said, as I grinned. After some time, I just dropped to the floor and layed there on the snow fields. "I wonder what I've done before all of this started." I mumbled to myself, as I stare at the snowflakes. I sat up, and watched as Ruri played with the wolf. We've met sometime ago, and now we're here again. Just like that. I thought to myself. Many things ran through my mind, but the only thing I knew. She's alive, and no one is going to take her life away. I layed back down, and continued to watch the snowflakes starting to bury me. After some time have passed, my bottom half was covered with snow. "D-Damn it!" I said, as I move all the snow away.

She giggled at the Echo snowman. Seeing her familiar run off and disappear into the fog she kneeled down next to the snowy figure and laughed, helping him move the snow off of himself. "I-- Have a question... Echo." She spoke not sure how he'd take it. "What did you think of me at first... like the first time you met me." She spoke as she looked toward him with a more serious face, knowing most people would be frightened of her with her level and skill. Yet all she really wanted to do was have friends and help out.

Ruri started to giggle at me, and helped me out of the snow. "Thank you, Ruri." I thanked, and sat up. I-- Have a question... Echo I heard from Ruri's lip. "Go right ahead." I said, dusting the remaining snow off. What did you think of me at first... like the first time you met me. I looked at Ruri, and she had a serious face. "Ruri.. Why ask such a question with a serious face?" I asked her, as the snow falls. I chuckled a bit, and placed my hand on her head. "I thought of you as a frightened little girl, who were scared of silver-hair'd boys." I smiled at her, and stood up.

She smiled glad that he wasn't frightened at her. Hugging the male as she smiled not sure why she did such a thing, her cheeks flushed a crimson tone as she looked toward Echo. "I---I'm sorry.." She spoke covering her face and hoping to not be slapped for what she did, even if it only was a little hug she was used to being slapped for such a small thing.

I smiled at Ruri, and was glad she wasn't going to leave. Suddenly, she hugged me. My eyes widen, I wasn't sure what to do. Her face turned crimson red, as she looked at me. "N-No need to apologize to me.." I said, as I placed my hand on her hand. "Why are you covering yourself?" I said, as snowflakes start to gather around our heads.

She looked up from the hands and grinned, glad that he didn't think of it as anything more then a hug. "N-Nothing.." She stammered before getting up and looking around unsure of what to do as she looked at the small snowflakes land on the ground, making a small snowball she began to roll it to make it larger making a snowman-ish body with the larger snowball as she continued to make the friendly creature.

-Side Quest-

Snowman!

-Requires-

• • 6-10 coal/rocks
    • 1 scarf
    • 1 hat [Mini quest]
    • 1 carrot

Nothing.. I see. I don't want to bother. I though before getting up. Watching Ruri roll snowballs, I understood and went to gather some rocks. I slid down the cliff, and searched around the cliff. I slowly ran back up with only six rocks. "I think this should be enough." I said, as I swipe down my menu. I see the rocks in my inventory, and I walked up to the unfinished snowman. "Here." I placed the rocks onto the snowman, and grinned.

She smiled, taking her scarf off of herself and wrapping it onto the snowman's neck. "SO anything happen new when I was gone for that short time?" She'd ask Echo before continuing to roll up another snowball to become the head. Seeing him place a few rocks onto the snowman as she smiled and continued. seeing a small tophat fly away in the wind, whizzing past her.

I let my hand out, and a carrot materialize in my hand. So, anything new happen when I was gone for that short time? Ruri asked me, as I place the carrot into the snowman's head. I placed the last two rocks as the eyes. "Nothing new." I said, as I pet the head. I see the tophat fly by Ruri, and I gave out a slight chuckle. The blizzard start to pick up, and I backed up to take a look. I tripped over a pile of snow, and the snow buried me once again. My head plopped up, and I shook my head.

"You silly.." She'd giggle again before getting up from her crouched position and chasing after the flying hat, ready to fight anything in her way as she continued to hop after the hat. "Come back here!" She'd say before picking up pace and getting into a more sprint then a bounce. Following the hat in the breeze as she jumped up and managed to catch it with her hand, keeping a somewhat harsh grip on the item she trotted back towards Echo. "I got the hat!" She'd declare her success as she smiled at Echo and finished the quest with a small plop of the hat on top of the snowman's head.

I watched as Ruri go grab the tophat, I couldn't help but grin. She sprinted for the tophat, and I just sat with the snowman. "What a good day, Snowman." I said to the snowman. Ruri was able to grab the tophat, and I clapped for her. "Congratulations!" I said, as she plops the hat on top of the snowman's head. I turned around to look at the snowman, and put my arms behind me. I leaned against my arms, and admired our little side quest. "Its amazing." I said. I stood up, and smiled at the snowman. I walked around the snowman, and pretended to take a picture of it. "Ah! What a beauty!" I said, as I went over to Ruri.

The blizzard started to act up, and I turned over to Ruri. I smiled at her, before the blizzard made it impossible to see what's in front of me. The last thing I heard was So what'd you want to do next?. I walked straight ahead, where she was sitting, and tripped over her. "H-Hey." I flashed a smile, as I lay on the floor. The blizzard still active, and I held on to Ruri. "Anything will do." I replied.