New Gun Gale Online Rules

Do you agree?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• I agree with it 100%
    • I agree with some of it (Specification needed in a Reply)
    • I disagree with it
    • Too complicated to understand

Hello Players, I'd like to discuss a matter regarding GGO. This matter persists of PKing and everything that comes along with it. See, so far all I am able to see in GGO is if someone wants to PK all they do is pop into a thread and start shooting the place to bits. I'd like to propose a way to better handle situations like that.

So I'll start off here by proposing the rule:

Players must post at least 1 time when entering a thread before they can fire a single shot.

This makes it so that the previous appear and shoot is no longer

To come together with this rule I'd also like to introduce the Crafting Die to GGO.

The Crafting die will serve as a Hide/Detect Die, You will need a higher Crafting die then the other party in order to make the first move.

Ex. Party A is sneaking up on Party B. Party A rolls a 6, Party B rolls a 9. Party B, being the defender has the choice to do one of three things:

1. Retreat from the scene

2. Reveal Party A's Location and Open Fire.

3. Keep Party A's location Secret and silently prepare to attack them back

Now let's reverse the positions.

Party A rolls a Higher Crafting Die. This will allow Party A to see the Current HP and positions on the Field each Member of Party B is in. Giving them, The same 3 Options.

1. Retreat

2. Fire

3. Prepare

Now, There is a perk that ignores the CD no matter what. It is very useful and is named Spotter. Attacking Parties cannot use Spotter to pop into posts. However, I propose a Change to this Perk. Instead of indefinite Spotting, +1 to CD (Dection Roll)

And to add a Counter Perk Vulture, Which is +1 to CD (Hiding Roll)

Here is some specification.

Your Party is attacking another party. (This means you are joining their thread and haven't been there before) Someone within your party must post once without being able to fire a single shot. This allows for you to roll a CD, and then allows them to detect you or not. If you are not Detected then you are allowed to Attack or Pull out. If you are Detected then the Other party either Pulls out or Attacks. If there is Tie in CD, then the party with the Highest BD in the two posts wins.

Now moving on. To help with these situations, I'd like to Propose a New Perk to help Offensive and another to Help Defensive.

"Born Ready" +1 BD for defending Initiative rolls.

Basically means, that on the opening turn to the Encounter, this Perk will help determine the Turn order of the attacks to better favor your side.

"Shoot First, Ask Later" +1 BD to Attacking Initiative Rolls. Same as Above, Except in favor of Attackers.

I'd now like to extend another proposition out to you. The adding to an existing Perk and also the adding of a new item.

New Item: Flash Bang

Ability/Use: While attacking or getting attacked by another Party, You can use this to buy yourself one free attack for your entire party.

Price $200

Now to expand on the perk "Unstoppable"

The Perk "Unstoppable" should now, Not only be immune to stun like previously but also now not be affected by the Flash Bang or Stun Grenade.

That is all I have for now. If you have any comments questions or concerns Message Raidou, Nikki, or I for further information.

-Most if not all credit is given to Raidou and Nikki as they helped spark and create the Ideas written Above-

Hello Players, I'd like to discuss a matter regarding GGO. This matter persists of PKing and everything that comes along with it. See, so far all I am able to see in GGO is if someone wants to PK all they do is pop into a thread and start shooting the place to bits. I'd like to propose a way to better handle situations like that.

So I'll start off here by proposing the rule:

Players must post at least 1 time when entering a thread before they can fire a single shot.

This makes it so that the previous appear and shoot is no longer

To come together with this rule I'd also like to introduce the Crafting Die to GGO.

The Crafting die will serve as a Hide/Detect Die, You will need a higher Crafting die then the other party in order to make the first move.

Ex. Party A is sneaking up on Party B. Party A rolls a 6, Party B rolls a 9. Party B, being the defender has the choice to do one of three things:

1. Retreat from the scene

2. Reveal Party A's Location and Open Fire.

3. Keep Party A's location Secret and silently prepare to attack them back

Now let's reverse the positions.

Party A rolls a Higher Crafting Die. This will allow Party A to see the Current HP and positions on the Field each Member of Party B is in. Giving them, The same 3 Options.

1. Retreat

2. Fire

3. Prepare

Now, There is a perk that ignores the CD no matter what. It is very useful and is named Spotter. Attacking Parties cannot use Spotter to pop into posts.

I like this alot, but the Perk should be allowed after that fact of certain people I know of have this perk but are solo players, I believe that you should let it still be allowed, but for people who are either alone or in a party of 2 people in total. As for the first shot rule, I love this idea, it makes it certain that the players in the topic have enough time to either A. Hide, B. prepare for battle. or C. reload or heal themselfs for a epic show down. I all for one on this rule, you got my support here.

Also I think at the beginning of starting any topic there should be a list of your possessions at the start of the current topic.

As we all know some threads take hours, some take weeks. A Disclaimer of equipment, stats and cash on hand should be announced for all to see.

Rough Example:

Weapons(total rounds): .44 colt(18)(6 stun)

Cash upon starting or joining thread: $320

Modifiers to include in Die roll:

Combat Visor +1 accuracy

x3 sight +1 accuracy

1 Dexterity +1 accuracy

1 Agility +1 Evasion

I feel this is a good disclaimer that allows no argument over what a user has on them and what is coming into the thread, In the case of death how much money is lost is tracked, so if you built up $2000 in other topics since this thread started people don't assume and argue you are broke. This also keeps players from buying items mid fight and apply the correct calculations to see if they hit or miss and write accurately so there is no discrepancy if a player was hit.

Player 1 "well it's four to hit and I got a four! I shot the player in the HEART!!"

Player 2 "actually I have plus two evasion from my agility and vest...so you didn't hit me thanks... go edit your post now and describe the disastrous shot you just attempted.

This also allows players not to pull weapons out of thin air, thus requiring a paper trail to be tracked and confirmed. Just some ideas I was thinking about, subject to change of course, it's not like I have any real say I just wanted to put my ideas out there to see what happens.

I know this changes some surprising elements, maybe we can change a few things exposed, or maybe revealing information in a structured way as it's introduced may help as well.

Also I think at the beginning of starting any topic there should be a list of your possessions at the start of the current topic.

As we all know some threads take hours, some take weeks. A Disclaimer of equipment, stats and cash on hand should be announced for all to see.

Rough Example:

Weapons(total rounds): .44 colt(18)(6 stun)

Cash upon starting or joining thread: $320

Modifiers to include in Die roll:

Combat Visor +1 accuracy

x3 sight +1 accuracy

1 Dexterity +1 accuracy

1 Agility +1 Evasion

I feel this is a good disclaimer that allows no argument over what a user has on them and what is coming into the thread, In the case of death how much money is lost is tracked, so if you built up $2000 in other topics since this thread started people don't assume and argue you are broke. This also keeps players from buying items mid fight and apply the correct calculations to see if they hit or miss and write accurately so there is no discrepancy if a player was hit.

Player 1 "well it's four to hit and I got a four! I shot the player in the HEART!!"

Player 2 "actually I have plus two evasion from my agility and vest...so you didn't hit me thanks... go edit your post now and describe the disastrous shot you just attempted.

This also allows players not to pull weapons out of thin air, thus requiring a paper trail to be tracked and confirmed. Just some ideas I was thinking about, subject to change of course, it's not like I have any real say I just wanted to put my ideas out there to see what happens.

I know this changes some surprising elements, maybe we can change a few things exposed, or maybe revealing information in a structured way as it's introduced may help as well.

You cant pull a weapon out mid fight, because when you buy an item in a store it leaves a time-stamp. all this will do is over complicate combat, which is something GM's don't want to do.

Re illeterating my response, this would cause post size to be huge and alot of things would need to be micromanaged by every player, either being magazine count or rp, and as it sits at the moment that a single f up will f up every post after it, this happens with just hp, better not make a bunch of crap for players to keep track of its already hard enough to spot a mistake