So my friend told me that Japan is currently working on a real life nerve gear set. I (only owning a wii) would actually preorder a nerve gear set for whatever price it is set at. However, there are a couple down-sides. 1- you have to get a shot directly into your spinal cord so they can implant a chip that will send and receive messages from your brain, as well as keep your body from moving. 2-If somebody takes the headset off while you are in-game and the hardware doesn't instantly shut down, you could be paralyzed until somebody sends an electromagnetic wave through the chip, activating your movement again. I personally would risk all of this just to play SAO for real. I don't know if this is true but my friend is involved in a lot of experimental chips and technology with the government, and he is often a trustworthy source.

This would be awesome to play with! I like the idea of it, but I'm a guy who over thinks things. And well, what if this chip could do more than they say it can? I mean, it records everything you do. Meaning that let's say if you look up... Private things, then they see that. As well as seeing passwords, and other such. Don't let me be a downer to ya! I am all to this! I am just saying be careful before putting this chip or whatever else is for it in yourself.

Oh and I would love to use this, but as most consoles that come out always have buggs with them in the beginning. I me personally I would wait a year or two before I got one to make sure that nothing freaks out on me!

Well, I would love something like that in real life, because the possibility of having a high-quality video game is possible. That said, after watching SAO, it did make me rethink if I would actually use one. Other than that, I would love to see virtual reality games become a reality.

Okay now this is what would you call this... oh yeah Déjà vu, if any of us have learned from watching SAO, you know there most likey going to go for more of a EmuSphere affect, as the NerveGear if you don't remember. Used Microwaves to interface with your spinal cords Neural signals, making it so that the system reads and understands your electrical impusles. This is turn allowed it to mimic your bodies movement in the game while simutantiously prevented your body from moving in the real world. Now this is a bad Idea to use it they make the rig, as Microwaves will as in Scanners, blow you brain up, I would think they would use the same concept from the EmuSphere, we don't need animes like SAO actually hapening, don't need a real life Death Game.

Now if they do make this happen, I do say that somethings will have to change, number one: All other gaming consoles will be obsolete after this. Number two: You also have to remember, this system work on Wifi/Ethernet cords, as such you needed to plug it into the wall, as some housing buildings don't even have Ethernet cords anymore, I know my apartment only has one and that it in the living room, and some people can't get Wifi were they live. Number three: the technology would have to be well... tested out first, and if they do successfully make it, well bye America was nice living here, I will move to Japan and leave everything behind to go there, as such Japan is going to take all of America's Otaku's, Nerds, Geeks, Gamers, and Brainiacs. And guess what, thats it, Japan has won, now that they announced this little information, I for one am quite thrilled about this and I would like to be a Geunie Pig for this experiment, so long as I can experience VR gaming.

• 2 weeks later...