[PP-F9] 9th Floor Scouting

Charlotte was looking suprised on the other guys who just came in."I would never guess i will get there... This far..." She mumbled to her self while looking arround. "I hope i can do something there... Theese guys are far ahead of me..." She continued to mumble to herself with an absent-minded expression, while playing with her hair with her left hand. She sighed probably remembering something and coming back to reality, checking the enviroment around them as good as she could.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pushing through the labyrinth for a while the group was doing rather well. Every encounter was handled expertly with Nikki tanking and drawing all the attention of the mobs in order for everyone to attack them from the sides. Winding through the paths inside the dungeon they kept going up. Always climbing up in this world it seemed. To reach the next level, to reach the next floor, up, up, up the stairs. At some point Miaki felt like something was watching him but guessed it was his imagination since there was nothing around and they weren't being attacked. He shifted over to Charlotte and walked beside her. "So, mind sharing some of yer story? This your first time doing something like this? Scouting or being on the front lines I mean." He asked the girl.

"Confirmed." She nodded. "I was always trying to catch up with the leading group, but until now i was unsuccesfull." She said. "I was kind of... always left behind. Everywhere. I don't plan to end like this now anyways." She said with bit more grim expression. "But enough about me, and my messed up history. What about you? Tell me something about yourself." She said with trying to smile a bit.

Miaki nodded when he heard Charlotte speak of being left behind. He could relate to that quite well. "I myself always felt behind for a good while. Always being the one who was slowing the rest down. Actually, it wasn't until I had a run in with the assault team on floor seven that I started getting a chance it seemed. This could be your moment like it was for me." He retold some of his story about finding himself in a small company of players who were part of the assault team and how he was wrapped into their group and helped them in defeating the seventh floor boss. From there everything seemed to happen one thing after another. The group became a small guild, grew in numbers, and through a rough even that nearly tore the group apart, Miaki found himself becoming the leader and reforming the group that was now the <> as it was seen now. "Its funny how all of that seemed to have started with my meeting the assault team. I honestly think I'd still be slacking behind had it not been for that. You can ask Nikki." He said pointing a thumb towards the bluenette tank he had fallen hopelessly for. "She met me first on floor one and the last time we met was after I helped clear the seventh floor. You don't have to be left behind anymore." This last bit he said looking at Charlotte walking beside him. "I found that sometimes it just takes the right group to help you move forward. You'd be welcomed with my brigade. Or I could get you and Nikki talking about her and the <>."

Nikki looked up at the mention of her name. It was Miaki, and he was talking about guilds. Apparently Charlotte was not part of any guild, and from what she had gathered by Miaki's excitement was that he was trying to recruit her into either the Brigade or the Vanguard. Nikki was ok recruiting more people, part of the reason for the Vanguards strength was its overwhelming numbers. Of course she wanted Charlotte to choose her own path accordingly so she wasn't about to mention anything just yet.

The bluenette still felt a need to keep her guard up, something wasn't right here. They had been crawling this dungeon for lord knows how long and not actually managed to find anything of any particular interest So far the MoBs had been low levels, singles and doubles, with nothing of any major power, the loot had been non existent, and the door for the main boss was still undiscovered. It was all too coincidental to be harmless. On top of it all were the laughs that she had been hearing, following them, all round them. Perhaps maybe she could hear them better than the other because of her meditation skill.

"Miaki, its warm.. Lets take a break" she said softly as she sat down against one of the corridor walls. It was warm and unforgiving, much like everything else here. She sighed, closing her eyes, and letting her mind process the clues she did have in order to try and solve this riddle. "Why do you want to be on the front lines Charlie?" Nikki said absent mindedly, trying to create conversation and not realizing she had called the woman Charlie.

So, for the course of time that the seven of the Scouting group were exploring the deadly and heat stroke inducing labyrinth of the Floor 9 dungeon area. I 'So smart like' decided to go in-front of them to hopefully find it quicker with it just being me and my detection skill be raised higher then most peoples I though. "Hey! I should be able to find the boss room door easily." Wrong! With this being the newest floor with lava, fire, death, and what not. I had no idea what I was getting into. so over the course of a hour of so (couldn't really keep track of time in the dungeon area). I fought, sweated, cursed, and really just had a bad time. I was able to get a lot of random map data, But! No door to be found. After getting a message from Miaki saying around where they were, I activated my detection skill to go find them.

-----------------------------------------------20 Agonizing Minutes later--------------------------------------------------------------

"There You Guts Are!" I yell as I slowly stumble through the corridors, my footsteps echoing. As I approach let me bring up what i look like. I have on my usual brown jacket, which is now burned and has sweat on it. My black shoes which are also burned. My pants which are tattered and torn. and my undershirt which is covered in sweat. I walk up to the group of seven players and sit down on the cold floor."Wow seven people, didn't think we would have that many people for this scouting party." I sigh and bring out some water.

Nikki raised her spear as the new player approached. It took her a second to identify the new person, but once she recognized Clarence she lowered her weapon and smiled. That was another one to the group. They almost had enough to fight the boss if it weren't too powerful, she thought with a small laugh. She went back to closing her eyes, thinking about where they were and how best to proceed when she heard the laughing again. this time more voices than before. That was not as concerning as the stomping and loud roar she suddenly heard.

CREATURE ENCOUNTER: VOLCANO MINOTAUR

Minotaur_Character_Concept_by_n8package.jpg

This creature was birthed in the shadows of the Volcano. Its a twisted concoction of man and beast. It wanders the dungeon of floor 9 hunting unwary player that wander around in its depths.

HP: 40

DPS: 5

Special abilities:

AOE Attack that deals 5 damage to all players.

Rewards:

Minotaur's Nose Ring. Trophy Item.

Nikki had no time to respond as the beast charged foreword ripping through the group of players. It had been the thing stalking them, and it used now as the perfect opportunity to attack. Its bulbous head thrashed from side to side as it ran, attempting to dig its horns into as many people as it could all while trying to cause the most amount of damage. Nikki was smashed up against her wall as the beast charged by, its horns scraping off her armor with a loud grinding noise.

DST: 8

TDT: 0

Charlotte was walking alongside with them, listening to Miaki's stories. She was listening, excited about the things she heard, but she held a calm face. On the inside she was thinking, how it would look when she would join a guild. She had any idea, because she was always playing alone.

She was also keeping her guard up, checking the enviroment arround them, helping other group members with her sword skills. Then when they stopped, she also sat down leaning against one of the walls. She heared Nikki call her by the name "Charlie". She didn't minded. She just smiled a little, but right after she regained her calm expression. "Well... It would probably sound childish, but i wanted to protect everybodey by my own way, and logicaly, joining the front lines was one way to accomplish it. But... Also... I just felt, that it was one of the reasons of the game. In my real life, i was always left behind. I could say the people arround me feared me. So i wanted to live there, to be a living part of a world... In the real one i was a loner. I wasn't part of the colorfull world around me. I was merely observing worlds, living always distant from everything else. And i didn't always done the right things. So now i feel like this world could maye cleanse what i did." She started speaking about her own life, whith her calm voice and expression, sometimes taking a bit grim expression. "Anyways now i'm there, living in Aincrad. So i want to live this life to the fullest. So i won't regret what ive done." She finished her speech looking up on the others.

When she heared the footsteps she readied her self to fight, but realising it was a friendly player, she relaxed again, leaning against the wall. She relaxed for a while, but then, she heared more voices than before, which alerted her senses again, preparing herself.

Eléssar was happy to have a large group around him, new floor meant stronger monsters and undiscovered places. They could use any help offer they received in this scouting mission. He greeted Clarence with a smile and kept on moving. He was not into talking and he didnt want anything to distract him from focusing on their mission. '' I would love to hear about you all but i'd rather listen to it while drinking something safely in town. ''

His words got cut with the loud roar, he held his sword with his both hands and lifted it a little higher. Just as he thought, talking was only going to get them distracted. It was too late for them to locate monster before it attacked. While it charged towards the group, he watched the minotaur catch Nikki and smash her against the wall. He knew he had the wait for orders but he couldn't just stand there and watch Nikki fighting it alone. His sword glowed red as he took a step forward before charging towards the monster.

Stabbing the monster from its back, Eléssar landed a full critical hit and paralyzed the monster.

Volcano Minotaur 36/40 [ Paralyzed for 2 turns ]

Her sword already held high, Hikari was prepared once the minotaur suddenly rushed Nikki. Grin on her face due to the sudden action, she held her sword beside her, making it glow a deep purple, the signal of the most basic Sword Skill, "Linear". Approaching the beast after Eléssar landed his hit, Hikari took the chance now that it was paralyzed, releasing the skill immediately in its direction.

Combat Dice - PARALYZED - Success! - 1 + 2 damage from weapon + 2 damage from weapon skill (mastery)

The move, as expected, hit the beast cleanly and left a clear gash in it, dealing five points of damage. Quickly retreating just in case something happened, Hikari readied another Sword Skill, "Circle" this time.

Hikari - 15/15

Minotaur - 36/40 -5HP = 31/40

Nikki got up off the ground smiling. She had taken no damage despit the surprise attack. Even better though, the other players had jumped up and taken control. The beast was paralyzed, and taking damage fast. Maybe these new front liners were going to work out just fine. "Good job... Keep up the pressure. Miaki, go for the right flank, ill go fer the left." She shouted confidently as she pressed around to the beasts side. She grasped the spear tightly in her hand, taking a step back, and then using the distance to lunge foreword.

HIT. 7 DAMAGE

Nikki drove her spear into the paralyzed monsters ribs. The sharp icy tip cut easily through the animals flesh, digging in deep before she pulled it free. A red pierce mark had appeared on the creature where her spear had just been, indicating to all that she had in fact caused damage.

Nikki - 39/39

Minotaur - 24/40

The beast from hell came from out of no where. This may have been that odd feeling Miaki had earlier. Out of habit he checked NIkki's health bar listed under his own with everyone else in the party. She took no damage and was holding strong. He was honestly shocked that she was knocked into the wall because of her armor's ability but figured the reason she was moved was because she wasn't in a combat stance at the time. Regardless he was attacking with full force. Nikki pushed herself away and issued orders to him. Although the two were not in the same guild and technically he outranked Nikki, the two were becoming a dynamic duo giving commands to one another based on how the battle played out. "On it!" Miaki shouted as he ran around right and drew his blade which gave off a bright silver flash.

Battle result: Hit! 6 DMG!

His katana began to glow a bright green as he charged a simple sword skill up for attacking. Hearing a small chime from the skill becoming ready he rushed forward and attacked the large beast with the skill <>.

Minotaur: 25/40

Following Miaki's and Nikki's lead, Hikari charged up to the minotaur, blade still glowing a deep crimson color. Trying to judge the length of this new blade by eye, she knew this attack was prone to underachieve the distance necessary, therefore, she needed to be as cautious as possible when executing it with a new blade. Judging the remaining distance enough, Hikari released the skill, making her perform a full turn in point.

Combat Dice - PARALYZED (7 though) - Success! - 1 + 2 weapon DMG + 2 mastery DMG

Hitting the beast at point-blank range, the Skill left a clear gash in the minotaur's rough skin, bringing its health down to half. "Tch, is that all?" The grin on Hikari's face turned into a full-blown smirk, her eyes sharpening up in joy, she hadn't had this exciting a fight at all until now. Backing off to give some space between her and the minotaur, Hikari began thinking of what other skill to use, deciding on her favorite one yet...

Minotaur - 25/40 -5 HP = 20/40

As soon as Hikari finished her attack Eléssar ran towards the beast with his sword. Holding it with his both hands he circled around the beast before making his move. He lifted his sword on his shoulder before it started to glow in a crimson red color. Eléssar charged towards the right side of the monster while holding his sword with his right hand.Leaving the monster on his left he aimed to attack with a jump to reach its head. After getting close enough to start his attack, he jumped while spinning the sword around himself. Slicing its head with a strong cut before landing on his feet, he kept running to leave large distance between him and the monster.

Volcano Minotaur 15/40

When the creature attacked Charlotte jumped aside to dodge its first attack. She standed up, seeing that others are attacking it.Charlotte drew her sword, and dashed to the crature slashing it with her sword, her hair fluttering around her head. Her sword opened a large cut on the left leg of the Volcano Minotaur. The beast, hurt and angry tried to hit her, but she managed to dodge it's attack easily. "It's nearly dead! Let's finish this!" She shouted.

Volcano Minotaur 10/40

The Minotaur Bellowed with rage as its health began to rapidly drop. In its fury it began to fight the restraining effect of the paralyze, first forcing one limb to move, then the other. Every thing it did was forced and pained, but it continued to push, resisting the effects. A moment later and the sound of breaking glass could be heard as the beast reared up on its hind legs. It had effectively broken the paralyze effect, and was now free to move again. It fell back onto all fours and huffed heavily, breathing out a puff of steam from its nose. It tossed its head back from side to side digging its giant hands tearing up chunks of earth as it did.

It gave one more mighty roar as it reared up again, this time slamming down onto the ground in a deliberate smash sending a shockwave out in all directions to the players. A twisted smile forced its way across the beasts maw as it watched the chaos unfold.

5 damage to all players. Check it against yer DST and post yer updated health in yer next post.

NEW ABILITY DISCOVERED: RESISTANT TO PARALYZE

Nikki gasped as the beast broke free of the restraint that held it, and as the giant shockwave ripped through the dirt all she could do was brace herself on one knee while it tore past her. After a second she raised herself up trying to center herself and regain control of the battle again. If they weren't careful someone was really gonna get hurt. There was really only one thing she could do. A tactic that she had never tried against a creature like this, in fact one she had never done around other players before. The howl tactic. She took a deep breath now filling her lungs, and in an instant let out a blood curdling howl that echoed through the halls. It was loud, louder than she had expected, louder than she could have guessed, and she felt as though the sound might have made her pass out. As the howl ended she watched as the Minotaur turned to look at her. It had something in its eyes now, something she hadn't seen before. Pure Hatred. it looked at her like nothing would make it happier than to see her dead. It would ignore everyone now, it could only think of her.

DST: 8

TDT: 0

Everyone was ripping the <> a new one as its health dropped like a sack of potatoes. It was now at a quarter of it's health and nearly defeated. Miaki was looping around to the front end of the beast and didn't notice it's subtle movements breaking free of the paralysis. The sudden shockwave through Miaki off balance in front of the beast, bringing him to a halt right underneath it's head. He could feel the hot breath of the monster breathing on him and tried to get up but was scooped up and bashed with it's horns injuring him more.

Battle result: No attack

Minotaur: 10/40

Miaki: 60/69

(OOC: Remember, last player to hit gets the item <> make sure to list this in yer killing post.)

Knocked against the wall by the minotaur's area attack, Hikari slowly got up, asserting the damage she received, her armor took it pretty well, absorbing at least two fifths of the full damage, she imagined. "Eh... you're gonna regret that!" Charging to the minotaur in a frenzy, Hikari attempted to perform the beginning of her favorite move, making sure not to make her sword glow.

Combat Dice - 8 - Success! - 1 + 2 WDMG + 2 MDMG

The first slash connecting successfully, Hikari continued with a series of ten consecutive slashes before jumping up and crashing her sword right into the beast's snout, creating a gash from its head to its loin. "How do ya' like THAT!?" Her smirk widening greatly, Hikari's red eyes filled up with murderous intent. Her best and favorite move, "Demonic Wolf's Fang", something she performed on her own without system aid, had almost taken the minotaur out. "Finish it off!" Urging someone to deal the final blow, Hikari retreated back to a hopefully safe distance before readying herself once more.

Hikari - 15/15 (level 6 at the start of the fight) -3HP = 12/15

Minotaur - 10/40 -5HP = 5/40

Charlotte was knocked agains the wall by strength of minotaurs attack. She got up with an angry face and redied her sword. Her armor managed to absorb some damage, and her battle healing skill helped her too. She dashed forward with a war cry, trying to hit minotaurus. "Die beast!" She cried when she slashed the beasts neck with her sword. The sword managed to get through the skin, cutting off the beasts head. Charlotte exhausted by the fight lowered her sword, when the beast exploded into thousands of blue polygons. The tablet showing loot appeared. She looked suprisedly on the last hit bonus and slowly took it. "Minotaur nose ring..." She mumbled to herself while looking on the <> she looted.

[Volcano Minotaur] 0/40 - <> looted.

[Charlotte] 14/17

Nikki took a couple of deep breaths recovering from her howl before standing up straight an smiling. Everything had been so fast, she hadn't even seen who got the final hit. Slowly the Bluenette walked over to Miaki and helped him to his feet. She smiled at him as she inspected his health bar, he had lost an 8th of his health, which by all standards was a sizable amount to lose in a single hit. Despite that he seemed ok, not too bad for the wear. "Be careful sweety... You cant go dieing on me now." She said as she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

When he was up she turned to look at the group. "Who killed it? Who got the last shot?" She asked pleasantly. It was certainly a large task to tear down something like this, even in a group. One of the field boss's on floor 1 had been a wind wasp, that had been an impressive kill then, this thing would have eaten it alive and then some. "Something like this means we have to be close to the door, this was easily a mini boss." There was excitement in her voice, despite her tone having a serious note to it.