[PP-F1] «Feeding the Enemy» (HikariZX and Seldentar)

It was a warm but nice day on the first floor, a perfect day to go hunting, if not for Hikari's mood today, which was nervous, irritated and confused. "What the hell did she mean by that...?" Just a few days ago, she'd met an NPC that claimed to be a travelling gypsy, saying that there was a secret to taming a monster and make it fight for you, you only needed feed it and not attack it, with a chance of failure. The warm day made Hikari sleepy, she really was confused by what she told her, whether it was true or not, Hikari could only see for herself. Getting up, Hikari decided that the easiest way to confirm was trying to tame one of the weak monsters on the first floor, since they were docile and didn't run away when approached. Her plan was simple, gather a few pieces of boar meat and feed it to a wolf, her favorite animal, and see if she succeeded. Starting to set her plan in motion, Hikari headed out to the field to hunt the boars, though she was unaware of someone else there...

Seldentar was standing back, his sword still strapped to his back as he watches Shadow run around the field. As one of the boars in front of him exploded as it died, Shadow came back walking up, looking up at him happily as it had finished off another random boar. It was just a virtual NPC, simulating emotions, but Seldentar still enjoyed seeing his familiar happy. He turns, looking behind him as he heard footsteps approaching. Behind him, he saw Hikari, recognizing her from the Azure Brigade in name alone at least.

Seeing a black fox running and defeating boars in front of her, Hikari prepared to draw her sword until she saw it run back to a player. A man stood back in the shadows, watching as the fox defeated the boars happily, though he seemed just as satisfied as it was. Hikari, still wary, approached the man, taking note of the name floating above him. "Seldentar?" Relieved to see that name, one she knew from her guild, the Azure Brigade, Hikari relaxed herself before speaking in a friendly tone. "Hey, you're a brigadier too, aren't you?" Approaching the man a bit more, careful to give him some space, Hikari stretched her hand out to him. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Hikari, the newest member."

Seldentar walks forward, extending his hand.

"Hey, nice to meet you. Welcome to the brigade. Its been a bit chaotic, what with the last boss fight and whatnot, so I haven't really had time to meet any of the new members yet."

He gives her a friendly smile, before looking down at the fox staring up at him.

"This is Shadow, my familiar. I met him up on floor 2."

After the introductions, Hikari looked down on the fox standing next to Seldentar, hearing him calling him "Shadow", his familiar. "Wait, familiar, then what the woman said was true?" Now more intrigued than ever, Hikari knew she wanted to test it out. "Hey, Seldentar, could you show me how you tamed Shadow?" Hopeful the man wouldn't deny, Hikari asked the question suddenly and hurriedly, before explaining what happened: "You see, just a few days ago, I saw this travelling NPC woman who claimed there was a way to tame monsters and I accepted her quest, was that how you got Shadow, by any chance?"

Seldentar thinks back to that day. The events leading up to Shadow following him had been unusual. He had heard a strange woman saying something about taming beasts that day, but he hadnt payed too much attention to it really.

"I ran into Shadow when i was training on floor 2. Instead of attacking me like most monsters, he ran away instead. I thought it was weird, but shrugged it off. I found him again later in a clearing surrounded by wolves. He was going to die, and i intervened. Still not sure what compelled me to do that...but we fought the wolves off together. He ended up running off again, and when i found him, he was clawing weakly at a bush with berries on it. I gave him some food i had brought with me, and after that he started following me around. Eventually his cursor turned green, and hes been with me ever since."

Surprised such a thing could even happen in Aincrad, Hikari's eyes couldn't help but be widened. "Wait, seriously, that sounds awesome!" Her method was much different, but still, she hadn't ever noticed any friendly monsters on this floor, especially ones that ran away. "Alright, I'm planning on getting a wolf from here by feeding it meat from those boars over there, will you help me out?" Hikari gave a slight smile while crouching down to attempt to pet Shadow.

Satisfied with his answer, Hikari turned around to the boars and drew her sword, "Rage". "Thanks, you go for one and I'll go for another, alright?" Before waiting for his response, Hikari quickly dashed towards a lone boar, quickly slashing it three times in a triangle pattern, one of her original skills, "Triangle Slash". (OOC: You may also notice my weapon didn't glow, go to my journal for more info [advert over])

Combat Dice - 3 - Fail! - no damage

As soon as the attack started to connect, the boar dashed to the left as if its AI warned it beforehand. "Seriously, I didn't even attack it..." Falling on her knees due to lack of balance after the attack, Hikari turned to Seldentar, blushing realizing he just saw the whole thing. "Y-you saw nothing!" Furious, Hikari got back up, waiting for him to try an attack himself.

Seldentar walks forward, his hand grabbing onto the sword on his back. The red blade glints in the light, as he holds his blade at the ready.

"Dont worry, we all make mistakes, trip, or miss from time to time."

As the boar charges forward, he sprints, slashing across the boar as his blade cuts the boar in half. Turning, he watches it explode, vanishing into shards of light.

"Looks like no item drops."

Picking herself up and dusting off her pants, Hikari turns to see that the boar was defeated by Seldentar in one hit. "N-nice..." Still a bit embarrassed from her failure, Hikari turned to another boar and aimed at it, this time getting into position and charging the basic "Linear" Sword Skill

Battle Dice - 4 - Fail! - no damage

Having watched its brother be defeated so easily, the second boar was quite a bit more cautious, noticing Hikari's attack and dodging the simple thrust thrown at it. Quickly re-orienting herself, Hikari shouted: "Switch!" For Seldentar to attack the boar quickly. (OOC: Let's do an enemy combat roll before this.)

Seldentar moves forward as the boar charges past Hikari, bringing his blade around again. His blade arcs through the air, slashing down and splitting the boar in half. He turns to Hikari again, as the victory window pops up.

Battle Dice: 4 +2 = 6: Hit

Loot Dice: 17 + 1 + 1 = 19: 2 Mat drops

Obtained:

<>

<>

"This should do for what you need, right?"

Knowing the attack patterns of the boars already pretty well, Hikari effortlessly dodged its charge, watching as Seldentar once again defeated the beast in one hit. "Thanks... any loot?" Hikari recomposed herself after checking for any surrounding boars, knowing they would attack them if they saw any other being attacked, making sure none were in the vicinity. Waiting for Seldentar's response, Hikari sheathed her sword, relaxing a bit. Hearing Seldentar's words, she just smiled. "Great, let's gather some more, just in case, if we have some left, we'll split it evenly, alright?" Satisfied with her answer, Hikari turned to see where more boars were, hoping to finally be able to defeat something herself.

Seeing Seldentar destroy yet another boar with a single strike, Hikari wondered what level he was. "Alright, that should be enough for a couple of attempts, we may need to lure it, though... Let's see if we can find the type I'm looking for, first." Turning her head towards the northeast, Hikari pointed in the direction of a faraway lake. "I've fought wolves there before, they're docile, like these guys and are pretty weak, so even if it doesn't work out, we'll have no problem dealing with them" Turning the rest of her body to match her head, Hikari began walking there. "Well, let's go?" Sheathing her sword while walking, Hikari scouted for the wolf territory, hoping her friend saw it as well.

Walking along the trail to the lake, Hikari realized just how big this floor was. Suddenly snapped back to reality by Seldentar's question, Hikari quickly responded: "Well, kind of white-ish grey fur, kinda like the color of my hair. but darker, and red eyes, like mine, that seemed to me like it was pretty common..." Though the wolf she imagined was quite different, ebony colored fur with glowing crimson eyes, a stature not much different from a fully grown German Shepherd, with teeth and claws sharp as steel. Getting lost in her imagination, Hikari bumped into a random wolf and tripped, falling straight on her face. "Thank god, I'm not wearing a skirt..." Suddenly realizing what happened, Hikari immediately got up and shouted towards Seldentar: "Hey, Sel, pass me the meat!" Waiting for the man to give her a chop, Hikari began to analyze the wolf while it was still passive. "Light Grey Fur, glowing eyes? I guess that's normal... pretty tall and long... almost as tall as I want it... and what's this? Purple cursor, is it some kind of special monster?" Continuing analyzing it, Hikari found something most peculiar about this wolf. "What...? What is this... marking here?" Sure enough, on the wolf's back was a distinctive circular marking, lined with flame patterns around it, the wolf's name? "...Shiranui?... a rare enemy? That's it, you're mine! Sel, pass me the god damn boar, this thing's mine!"

Grabbing the meat in mid-air with her left hand, something she was proud of, being a righty, Hikari immediately fed one of the chops to this mob, hoping it would work.

Taming roll - 20 - Success!

The wolf eating the meat contentedly, its eyes changed from a glowing crimson to a radiant azure, looking at Hikari with determination, as if saying: "If you're to be my master, prove yourself worthy." Its fur lightening up, radiant crimson patterns could be seen on its back, extending throughout its whole body. A thundering sword appearing on its back, floating just above him, a HUD appeared right in front of Hikari. "Party Challenge from "Shiranui", Accept? Y/N" A grin forming on her face, Hikari clicked on the "yes" button, prompting Shiranui to take a combat stand, back arched, legs bent and a snarl on his snout. "Hey, Sel, help me out here, reduce his HP to half, don't kill it." Indicating her partner what to do, Hikari drew her sword "Rage" and readied her shield. "Two strikes and you're out..."

ENEMY ENCOUNTER:

729px-Od_shiranui.jpg

NAME: Shiranui

TYPE: Mini-boss

SPECIES: Divine Wolf

HEALTH: 20

BASE DAMAGE: 2

DST: 0

BATTLE TYPE: Half-health diminish

Battle theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHrwTz7-sk

Quickly charging up to the wolf, Hikari slashed with her blade once, hoping to perform one of her favorite moves if it connected.

(OOC: I'll be posting as Shiranui in a RP fashion, like a miniboss, this has been approved by a GM, which means I'll be posting twice.)

Battle roll - 1 - Epic Fail! - no damage

The wolf swiftly evades Hikari's attack, a result of its knowledge as a Divine Being, and turns to Seldentar, knowing the man was most likely going to attack next.

(POST ORDER FROM NOW ON: Seldentar, Shiranui, Hikari)