[PP-F4] Trouble on the Homefront -COMPLETE-

Zelrius decided today he would try to meet someone new. You know, increase relations with some of his fellow SAO players. The boy invited along Mayonaka today who had asked if he wanted to adventure with her. Zelrius replied, telling her to meet him in the town square of the City on Floor 4. And that was where Zelrius sat now. On a snowy bench in the middle of Floor 4, Waiting for Mayonaka.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked along the blanketed path of floor four. My usual boots trudged in the snow deeper to the ground. I was walking to meet up with a player I hadn't me before. Apparently this players name was Zelrius. I looked up from counting my steps and noticed that I was already in the town. That was fast. I muttered to myself and kept walking to the square. The people here were well dressed for this floor with coats and gloves and hats, I wore my simple clothes. Finally I saw the player I was meeting on a bench by himself. I sat down next to him, not thinking anything of his orange cursor. I was around orange players a lot so this didn't faze me.

Zelrius looked to the girl next him. This must of been the one he was waiting for. Zelrius shivered slightly. He was not very properly handled for this floor. He wore a Mogul Tuxedo, But this one was designed to let in more air thorughout as he had it custom made for the Floors of 5 and 9 which were sweltering hot. A wind blew in, as it did so often on this floor, And Zelrius refused to look like a moron in front of a girl he had just met.

Standing up, Zelrius handed out a hand to her, offering to help her stand, and also offering a greeting handshake

"Good day, Madame. I am Zelrius, The Blood Buccaneeer." He said, now awaiting her own response.

As I sat next him I noticed something rather strange, he was wearing a tuxedo. Why is he...? I wondered before responding to him. Nice to meet you Zelrius, I'm Mayonaka. I shook his hand and stood up. After letting go of his hand I straightened my starter jacket and cleared my throat. I didn't meet other people very often so this was new, I was also at a loss of words.

Zelrius surveyed the woman and the area deciphering what to do. The snow continued to down on and on, But never actually built up. Strange. Zelrius looked around a little more and as he watched the Entrance, An Information Broker walked in. Zelrius smirked, walking off a bit in the direction of the Broker, but stopping, and using his had to beckoning Mayonaka to follow. He then turned back and continued to walk toward the Broker, Not checking whether Mayonaka was following or not

When he reached the Info broker, Zelrius asked "Any Rumors for Sale, If So How Much?"

The broker respnoded with a rather quick and snappy tone "Actually, Yes. For 2000 Col, I have Rumors of Robbery."

Zelrius quirked an Eyebrow, now he was interested. A robbery rumor? Stealing wasn't something that went on often, But he was going to meet the occasion. He bought the Information, This being what he had been told

"In a distressing development we've had several reports of players being waylaid by bandits. It would appear as though this gang of thieves regularly harass solitary players, challenging them to a game of sorts before robbing them for all their equipment and Col. It is a rather unfortunate reminder that even trapped in Aincrad as we are, delinquents will still find ways to make nuisances of themselves. We have yet to receive news of anyone being directly hurt by this gang, however the prospect of losing all one's items and equipment in monster infested areas is a dangerous one, and several guilds have reported that they have lost guild members to monster spawns after losing all their equipment. Are these delinquents going too far? Is some form of law necessary in SAO? "

Now he glanced back to Mayonaka and stated, with his arrogant smile sitting upon his face "You up for a little Vigilante Justice?"

I was a little confused when he walked off, but then he motioned me to follow him. I swiftly walked behind him to an info broker and listened while he talked. I felt a little out of place, useless even. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to speak or pay half for the information so I just stood there. While listening to them my eyes gave the slightest hint of excitement. The broker spoke of a robberies by a group. I was particularly interested in the part of taking everything they owned, that wasn't very common. Did they kill anyone yet and do they have a name? I said when he finished. I didn't even think before speaking this time. I grinned at Zelrius when he spoke to me. Yeah, I was just about to ask you the same. I said.

I was a little confused when he walked off, but then he motioned me to follow him. Swiftly, I walked behind him to an info broker and listened while he talked. I felt a little out of place, useless even. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to speak or pay half for the information so I just stood there. While listening to them my eyes gave the slightest hint of excitement. The broker spoke of a robberies by a group. I was particularly interested in the part of taking everything they owned, that wasn't very common. Did they kill anyone yet and do they have a name? I said when he finished. The broker ignored me completely, I didn't mind though. I didn't even think before speaking this time. I grinned at Zelrius when he spoke to me. Yeah, I was just about to ask you the same. I said.

Zelrius nodded, Looked back to the info broker and thanked him. The info broker returned with a "NO Thank YOU! For paying" Beside the point, Zelrius began to trudge off to the snowy wilderness that laid outside of the small city they were just at. Zelrius shivered again and then cursed at himself. He did it once again, Showed weakness to someone he had just met. That was not a very common thing that happened to the Narcissist known as Zelrius. Shaking his head he looked all around at the several trails that littered the snow around them.

As me walked out of town the snow became thicker and the snow fell harder. It was almost a blizzard out of town. I looked at Zelrius to say something but stopped when he shivered. He was wearing a tuxedo, not the usual snow outfit. I sighed and stared at him, I couldn't help it. He wasn't even asking for a coat or anything. Are you cold? I asked but then realized that was a dumb question, of course he was clod. Do you need a coat? I offered, being more satisfied with my words this time. The trails became thinner, leaving us with several options.

Zelrius looked back to the girl as he offered him a coat. Zelrius only stared of a moment, Coming within an inch of asking for it, But shaking his head, He continued to trudge on through the increasingly heavier snow, In doing so saying "No, I am fine, but thank you for your offer, You are very kind..." As he walked on, The trails seemingly disappeared. Of course they were still there, Just buried beneath god knows how much snow.

Zelrius shivered again, He decided that maybe the coat was a good idea. But now that he had rejected it, Zelrius would have to wait at least a little bit before he could ask without looking like a complete moron. As he walked on through the heavier snow, Zelrius tried to strike up conversation. He decided it would be funnier if he just jested her So, uh, Were your parents short or just you?" He asked, knowing that should spark a bit of conversation at least.

No, my parents are a "normal" height, whatever you consider a normal height at least. I said, adding air quotations. The snow was now almost to the point where I couldn't even walk correctly but I didn't say anything. It would be very embarrassing to confess you were too short to walk. I balled my fists and pushed through the snow, which was completely covering my legs.

Zelrius chuckled slightly at her words. That was funny, Simply because it wasn't important at all and Zelrius was damn near the <> disability that came with wearing in adequate clothing here on this floor. A Floor like 4 was hell on someone who was from 9 or 5 like Zelrius. He lived in the 9th floor, the lava ridden wasteland that it was, Zelrius just nourished in it. "What'd you do before the game?"

I grunted a little when my foot got stuck in the snow. I pulled it out and continued to walk with Zelrius in the snow. I was captain of the sports team, straight A student, lots of friends... I said, not bothering to continue. It was true that I was pretty happy with my life before SAO but I was happy here too. Everything I just said sounded like a lie, for someone like me at least, but it was indeed true.

Zelrius had to huff a little bit of a laugh. "Lucky you, Ms. Popular. I was a Straight A as well, Though the only sports I did were cross Country and track. I wasn't necessarily bullied, But its not like anyone went on to talk to me or carry any real conversation. I made jokes in class often, Sometimes clean humor, sometimes really dirty jokes that some of the ladies in class didn't appreciate. I was also the type of kid who would argue with the teacher about stupid things like "You have to put your full name on your papers" and my response was something to the sort of "What if you are Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso, The artist?" It was a good times."

I wasn't surprised to hear that he cracked jokes often, he seemed funny to me. I laughed at his name joke, I hadn't heard a decent joke in a long time. So what are you even doing? I mean here in SAO, what made you come? I asked. I didn't even know the full reason I came, I had forgotten.

"Like previously stated, I wasn't popular. I had a small group of friends and we related on a degree of a level. But when I was younger I begged my parents to get some of the really old consoles, and then just kind of got into gaming through that Route. In other words, I Joined SAO thinking it was just going to be another adventure added to my list." Zelrius shivered once more, Now it was time he could probably ask for that coat. "Hey, Do not mean to sound rude, But are you still offering that coat? Jesus Christ it is cold here. What about you, What made you come to SAO?"

I nodded, agreeing to his story. Just like you I got into gaming when I was younger. It's super cliche but no one besides a small amount of my friends truly knew that I liked to play video games. I logged in here, thinking it would be a way to interact with my friends better but I guess not. Some of them took off in their own path..a couple died under the pressure. But me I think of this as a new experience! I said, obviously getting off topic. Oh, yeah, of course! I said and slipped off my coat. I handed it to Zelrius without a second thought. A cold breeze went through my starter jacket but by now I was used to it.

Zelrius was surprised she had taken off her coat and handed it to him. He shook his head, Refusing to take the coat, He held out in front of him for her to grab. "Nah, I thought you had an extra or something. I think I can survive for a little bit with my old robe on. We should be getting close now." As he equipped his Robe, Something bit his foot and dropped his Hp a little bit. Startled by this he backed up and looked around. Sure enough there were 2 Snow Larvae. Zelrius drew his sword Sange, and attempted a swing back at the nearest one.

Zelrius 59/59

Mayonaka 19/19

Larvae 10/10

Larvae 10/10