[PP-F2] Earning a Living-Cook [Claim]

Branches flew by, hitting against uncovered skin as Hikari continued her frantic dash though the unmarked part of the forest. Behind her the noise of snapping twigs, growls and heavy breathing urged her on further and further in the unfamiliar territory of floor 2.

Why was she here you may ask?

The answer is simple. Mushrooms. An ingredient that grew only in the wilds of floor two of SAO. And also the main feature of her recipe. Unfortunately for Hikari, almost right as she stepped off the trail, a Crazed Wolf had seemingly came out of nowhere and attacked her. Which has now caused her current predicament of scampering though the forest. That wasn't the worst part though. For one, she didn't have a crystal. And two, her health was already half way down from the first time it attacked her. Which only left one option, running.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He lend back again a tree he had is hands locked together behind his head as he looked throw the thick forest and seem to zone out like he always did. A breeze had cut through the heavy forest area and would flow though his silver hair and clothes. He knew that most players would stay on the paths that were cut through out the forest making it a perfect spot for him to get some peace and quit. That and there were just so many people in the city nowadays, which was good just made him seem out of place.

The sound of braking branches and foot steps broke is trance as he looked around out of the corner of his gem green eyes he saw a player running as if there life was on the line. He kick him self off the tree and made a mad dash to where the player was heading. Not seeing the wolf he would grade the player up in his arms and jump up a nearby tree to a safe spot from most of the mods that spawned in. " uhmm Hey there" He said in a nerves voice.

One second Hikari had been sprinting, and then the next something warm and muscular wrapped around her waist and hoisted up to one of the nearby trees. Within a minute the uncertainty of what had had her vanished when a, "Uhmm, Hey there," sounded from above her head.

Shaking her head and blinking in surprise the girl craned her neck upwards to find an older man holding her firmly, yet gently, around the waist. Gem green eyes met emerald colored orbs. "Who are-," before even being about to finish the sentence the sound of low rumble sounded from below the tree they had landed on. Biting her lip, Hikari mustered all the courage she had and gazed down.

It was the wolf.

Before, she had barely gotten a good view of it, but now it was right in plain sight. It's fur was dark gray almost black color. Mostly it's coat was matted, but there was some spots that just didn't have fur although.It's mouth was open as drool slowly dripped around. and finally it's eye. A pure red. With it's nose to the ground the Crazed Wolf continuous took deep breaths.

It doesn't know we're here.

A slight chill would move down his spine as he would see the players look down at something. He lightly turn his head to the direction of what the player was looking at, and see the wolf. He let out a small sigh as it looked different than most of the wolfs he seen in the area a thought would rush through his head. He had done it yet be he know that it could be done. He had other players doing it when the were in a jam. He looked at the other players heath and that it was dangerously low not know if it was just that they had in countered to many mods or that they were a low level.

He would take a deep breath of air before letting out a deathly howl hopefully buying them some time so that the other play could heal up before heading back out.

The sound of a deep breath was taken before a hollow, eerie sound filled the entire area.

Is he crazy!?

Slowly, as if trying to process the information within the howl, the wolf lifted it's head and then tilted it. If any more possible it's lips curled back even more before it to let out a long, screeching howl that sounded less wolf and more like a blood-curling scream before sprinting off into the bush and then disappearing altogether.

For several tense seconds Hikari waited to see if the Crazed Wolf would come bounding back in the clearing, and then stare at them huddle up in a tree. When nothing in the bushes moved there was the only semi-safe assumption that it was actually gone. And she had them man to thank.

"What...just happened?," She asked herself out loud more than the man holding her.

He wouldn't see the wolf as he looked around but then again he was lucky enough to see the play move across the forest he would let the player go but still keep is his hands close to the players waist so if they would loose balance he could easy get to them he would smile a bit as he would look at there health to see if it had gone up as he ask" well I heard that performers can deter mods way from them but I haven't really tried it till now? I always run back to the city but then again I wasn't that far from it to began with when trying to level. " He'd smile to the person. " Where are my manners my names claim nice to meet you."

I owe him.

The phrase just kept repeating itself over and over again her head as she stared at the male before her. Claim. The man would had saved her life in the wilds of floor two. Balancing herself on the branch of the tree as best she could Hikari exhaled silently before choosing her word choice.

"A pleasure. I'm Hikari," She offered quietly while turning her gaze back on the forest floor. "Thank you for saving me. I'm not sure what would have happened if you had not come along." Even while saying that their was the voice in the back of her mind that had said two words; certain death.

Above her head the HP bar started to rise in color. Slowly but surely her HP was returning. Meaning very soon she would be out of the red and be able to continue on her search.

He would knee down slowly as trying not to move the branch they were on to much seeing that she was having a little trouble balance. He stretched one had behind the lower he got till he could grab it and the other in front of him as he would sit down He would hold out his hand as to offer to help her sit down as he cross his legs. " hey anytime... well as long as im around " he let out a sight of relief see her health go up.

With more hesitation on her part than there should of been, Hikari grabbed Claim's hand and then allowed herself to settle so that she was more conformable on the branch. This was done by tucking her legs up under her chin and crossing her ankles. Once that was done she wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her curled up knees.

Claim made a very good first impression. For one he had rescued her and helped her sit on the branch. And then second was that he didn't leave her. Some players will rescue you, and then either leave you, or ask for Col. Claim had done neither.

"What were you doing out here anyway?" Hikari questioned while accessing her menu and selecting the two ham and cheese sandwiches she had made earlier that day. Taking one, she then held out the other one to Claim in hopes that he would take it as a thank you gift.

"I was out here just passing the time the city just seemed to active today and most mod if your move a little to fast or don't engage with them they leave you be. There are a few that wont stop till you get to a city or the red named players. they don't stop till you do. " He looked at her as she held out the sandwich " Well thank you" He'd smile before taking a few bites and asking " What about you?"

While listening Hikari had taken the first bite of her sandwich and nearly smiled. Nearly. But she manage to regain her composer and listen to what Claim was telling her. Sounds like this time she had been lucky, after all if he had not been here she would still be running for her life though the forest.

Much to happiness, Claim took the sandwich. Even if Hikari was not a people person their was always some slight satifation when some took, and liked, the food you made. This was very much the case when she was younger. Myrna--her nanny--and her would often cook meals together and then take them to the homeless shelter down the road. Hikari had never seen happier people in her life.

"Me?" She questioned, "Oh. I was looking for a mushroom that supposedly grows somewhere on this floor. No luck in finding it yet though."

By now her health was halfway up, meaning that it was about time to start her search once more.

He would think to him self a he didn't travel much on this floor but he did go to every spot on the map. But had found spots that were to him peaceful and most players did go to. Maybe he had over looked the mushrooms being there he look off to the left to were they were sitting as he finished his sandwich. " That was really good" he slightly turn his head to her and smiled

"Thanks."

It was hard to contain the fact that when he complemented her food it made her happy. Which only meant one thing; she was getting comfortable around him, and not ten minutes had not even passed. But with such a warm personality it was hard not get comfortable, which meant she had to leave. Now.

"Look, thanks again for saving me," Hikari stated as she began to carefully uncurl her, "But I should really be going."

By now the sun in SAO's sky was beginning to go down, which only gave her a little more than an hour to find this mushroom. And there was a lot of forest to cover in an hour. The only thing was this was a huge tree, and there were only so many branches on the way down. Plus, her health had just gotten back up to half way. So the question was, how was she going to get down without risking the health that had just built up.

Quickly running though all the scenarios where she could get down, Hikari decided that none of them were safe enough. Of course, there was another option, but that one was tossed aside without another thought. Suddenly, the branch began to shake slightly. Turning toward the source she found Claim standing.

He explained a plan that would work perfectly.

Biting her lip, Hikari finally sighed and took the man's hand. It was good plan. And in all technicality she didn't ask, he just offered. It was smart to take the offer, right?

"Wait, what did you just-"

Not another word got to leave her mouth because suddenly Claim was jumping from tree to tree like a monkey at home in the jungle. To say the least, it was terrifying at first, but after the first few trees Hikari started to actually have fun. Even smiled slightly. She did her best not to hang on head too hard as to hurt him. If she was, she hoped that he would tell her so she could adjust her grip.

"Where-are-we-going?"

They slowly came to a stop on a branch as he looked around his for a bit not seeing any mods but he really did have a good eye for mobs. So that that he could catch his breath. He opened up his map again and saw that it was around here" I saw some mushrooms around here I don't know if there the ones you looking for. But I didn't know if you could eat them."

Now that Hikari was sitting on his shoulders, she could see his map much more clearly than before. Indeed, they were heading to a place marker that read (food?). There were many other place markers that read the exact same thing. Quickly, she averted her gaze because it suddenly felt like she was reading someone diary.

"Only some. There are some you are not allowed to pick, hopefully, these ones you can though."

And if they were, then her job here wad done. She could return back to the town and make the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms that she had been dying to try. In all honesty she couldn't wait until they arrived at that spot.