[PP-F5] The Traveler [Echo] - Quest (Completed)

Rebekah had always been interested in exploring the different areas of the Aincrad, she prefer to be outside as opposed to being stuck inside a town all day. It was her first time up to the 5th floor, and she remembered that she had met someone a while back who was interested in an adventure as well. She sent a message to Echo, asking him to meet up here on the 5th floor as soon as possible.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a message fro Rebekah, and it read: Echo, can you meet me on the fifth floor as soon as possible? I quickly replied to Rebekah and went to the teleport gate. I shout as loud as I could "Teleport, Armadillo!". I start to de-materialize and spawn at the gate of Armadillo. I ran around town looking for Rebekah, and found my way at the exit of Armadillo. I slam right into a player and she fell onto the ground, "Di-di-di. Are you okay?" I ask the player, to realize it is Rebekah.

"Good Morning Echo, and I am fine" as they got back onto their feet. "Are you packed yet? or do you need to pack some supplies?" asked Rebekah, as she explained that they are going to search for something in the desert lasting a day and night. She had bought some supplies to help their trip in the desert, and by her calculations it was probably enough.

I rub the back of my head and gave Rebekah a smile. "Good Morning to you too, Rebekah." I said, as she asked me a question. "Packed? I don't think I need anything. I'll be fine without any supplies. I still have some bread and water." I reply to Rebekah, as I dust myself off. I look towards the exit and gave her a grin. "Shall we get going?" I motion at the exit.

"Sure, we have just one last thing to do before we move out" as she walked up to the fragile old NPC, and said "We would like to take the traveler's quest". Both Echo and Rebekah received a notification on their screen.

The Traveler's Quest

You will go on a 1 day and night journey into the desert to recover precious cargo for the NPC, if you succeed, you will be rewarded with a brand new skill point, and a new extra-skill.

Warning: Due to the harsh conditions of the desert, every time the crafting die rolls 1, you will lose a health point.

YES // NO

Rebeakh looks at the instructions, and reads them over one last time before pressing yes. She called over to Echo, "Are you ready?"

I place my right hand hovering the yes and look over to Rebekah. "Alright. Let's rock, Rebekah." I said, grinning at her. I hit the yes button, and the window starts fade away. The harsh condition might hurt us, but my main priority is to protect Rebekah. Failing this quest is nothing, but losing a friend is something I can't let go. "Let's get going, Rebekah." I said, as I materialize Fury's Echo.

They had left town and began to make their way into the desert. There was not much to do on the way, but she knew that taking this quest was her idea. There was no way she was going to get the both of them badly injured or worst killed, that would just be the unthinkable.

As they got to the edge of the desert, she asked "Are you ready? After this point we will be in the desert." as the mid-day sun still shined over them. They had to get to the precious cargo before their time is up, somewhere in this vast desert.

We dashed off towards the desert, and made our way somewhere in the middle of the nowhere. There wasn't much around when we made our way around the what seemed like the desert. I grip the handle of my sword tight, and continue our way towards our destination. Thoughts of me losing Rebekah kept running through my mind.

As we made our way to the edge of the desert, Rebekah asked if I was ready. "Of course I'm ready." I replied, as the sun shine over the desert. I wipe the sweat off my forehead, and took a look ahead of us. There was nothing but sand.

"Our first goal is to survive this desert, while finding the lost cargo" she spoke, as they made their very first steps into the harsh conditions of these deserts. She could see nothing but sand dunes for miles and miles, or it had seen like miles and miles to her. She did not receive any hints or tips about where the cargo might be located, but she was leading the way, and decided to walk straight into the heart of the scorching hot desert.

I nodded at Rebekah, as we made our way into the desert. I gave out a sigh when I look around myself. Nothing but sand, and the sun made everything else worse. "Where would the cargo be at?" I asked, as we continue our way around nothing but sands. The quest is quite straight forward: Go into the desert, and retrieve the cargo. I shrugged it off, and proceed to continue our search for the precious cargo.

As midday had began to approach, it was the hottest part of the day. Unfortunately, in the desert there was really nowhere to hide. They continued walking, and she asked "Do you know how big the desert is? I have only been to the 3rd floor once, and this is my second time away from the 1st floor?"

The day is still young, and it feels like we got lost. "I don't know. The last time I was here, I was fighting a mini boss on this floor." I said letting out a sigh. I start to scan the area, but there was nothing but sand. I hated this floor, and I still do. The floor irritates me, and I never did like how hot things were.

They keep walking in the vast desert, looking for signs of anything that may lead them to the lost cargo. However, they could see nothing for miles, until she saw something off in the distance. "Is that me, or do I see a lake in the middle of the desert?" she asked Echo, as she could not tell if that was a mirage or if it was actually real.

Rebekah spotted something from a distance, and I could see it as well. Without any hesitation, I grabbed Rebekah's hand and we dashed towards the lake. "Maybe that's where the cargo is." I said as we made our way towards the lake. We could be hallucinating, but I'm willing to risk it to see what is over there.

He grabbed my hand, as we sprinted towards the lake. As we were getting there, it seemed like it was getting further and further away. I yelled at Echo, "Stop, I think it is just a mirage" besides we had to conserve our energy. Luckily for us, the sun had moved towards afternoon right now, so the worst part of the day is over, but the sand is still scorching hot.

I stood still, as Rebekah yelled to stop me. I let go of her hand, and clench my fist. "It was just a mirage.. You've got to be kidding me." I said, as I fell to my knees. I ignore the scorching hot sand, but night will appear shortly. I stood up and grab a hold of Rebekah's hand. "Come on.. We need to find that cargo." I said, as we wander around the desert some more.

As the sun began to set off in the distance, they had been searching for the missing cargo for hours, but they could not find anything. She began to question is there a possibility of being underground, the likelyhood of that would make it impossible to find. Yet, they cannot give up hope, they spent the whole day out in this desert, looking for something that is here. She looked up at Echo, and asked "What about SAO made you interested in the first place?" as they kept searching the desert.

There was no sign of the cargo anywhere and I finally just stood there. I wanted to give up on hope, but I didn't want to let Rebekah down. We continue to search for the missing cargo, but I always had the thought of a non existing cargo. Rebekah then sparked a question to me, and I gave her a shrugg. "My memory is a complete fuzz to me. The only think I hold dear is a flashback memory of a girl I met way back and I have a feeling that she might be here in SAO." I replied to her as we continue to search the desert. "How about you? What made SAO interesting to you?" I asked.

"I grew up as the youngest and only girl of my family. As a result, my brothers would overprotect me from everything. I found MMORPG as a way to escape from their control, but they would obtain a copy of each game I would play. When SAO came out, the big thing was that this game was limited edition, so they could not obtain a copy." she replied. She knew that her family cared, but it was another thing to be super-protective and over-caring. "Anyways, have you found the girl you said you were looking for?"

"Ah I see you're the youngest. I don't think I have any siblings. It must feel wonderful sometimes." I said. I never had any memories of having any family, but I consider the people around me my family. I don't think I have any regrets of saying Link Start. If she didn't like her family over-protecting her here, then that's too bad. I'm here, and I'll protect her from any danger. She then asked me about the girl and I turn towards Rebekah. "Not yet.. but maybe she might have memories of me. Who knows? Maybe fate might bring us together." I said giving her a smile.