[PP-F9] The Ninth Floor Scouting Report

<> a rather sleepy little hamlet nestled in the boughs of the giant trees of Floor 8. Saix had not been here since their meeting shortly before the assault against <>, a harrowing battle that had been hard fought and harder won. Following the battle, and the after battle drama, the Guilds had gone their separate ways. But something had changed in that dusty room, and today was a testament to that fact. The Guilds were cooperating, for the first time, fully cooperating. What had begun as a necessary alliance against a foe that none could have beaten alone, had become a true Alliance.

Following the battle Miaki and his Azure Brigade, along with a few other assorted members including Saix's own Lieutenant Nikki Styxx, had ventured into the labyrinth of Floor 9, searching for the Boss Room. Saix had received word via the Personal Message System, that their scouting party had been successful. Now it was time to do it all over again, and he had taken the time to reserve this room for their use once again shortly after the end of their battle against the 8th Floor Boss. He rather liked <>, and this seemingly out of the way location and it's posh meeting quarters had served as an excellent base of operations to plan their last assault.

All that remained now was to await the arrival of the other Guild Leaders that had been invited. Unlike the last Scouting Report, this was aimed at being a much quicker affair a quick strategy break and moment to consider those who would be taken into the field. So, it was planned to be between himself, Miaki, Shark, and a relative newcomer to the Guild scene by the name of Raidou, who had temporarily headed up the Magical Elements Guild before it's dissolution. It was Saix's goal to formulate their strategy for the fight, as well as nail down the composition of their party. Quick, clean, and efficient; that was ever the Ebon Vanguard Captain's aim.

And with that in mind, he waited.

Miaki entered the meeting room from they used before. It really was the ideal location being out of the way high above the normal traffic and seemed to be designed for just the very thing they were using it for. Rounding the table Miaki shook hands with Saix having not seen him since the dinner after the battle against the <>. "Good to see you Captain. Thanks for booking this room for us." Looking out the large window that offered a view of a large portion of the floor he crossed his arms. "This meeting shouldn't take too long I think. We can cut right to the point once the other two get here."

I was adventuring the 9th floor to see what cool new places were opened, when I received a message from Saix. Guess I am needed in the meeting room. I said as I walked toward the teleporter and teleported to the 8th floor.

I reached the 8th floor and made my way to the meeting room. I went to the top floor and saw a door marked "Important". I walked in and saw a kitchen filled with food. I grabbed a handful of food and walked out. I made my way further down the hall and eventually reached the meeting room. I opened the door to see Saix and Miaki. What's up guys. I brought food from the kitchen I stumbled upon. I said as I laid the food down on the table. I fixed a plate and went to my seat and sat down.

Turning around to see Shark walk in Miaki waved. "Sup Shark, how's it goin'?" Miaki say the food placed on the table and upon seeing it realized he hadn't had anything to eat in a while. "Some of that for us?" He said pointing at he food on the table. "Don't mind if I do." The man said reaching for it and making himself a plate. While they waited for their last attendee the three men exchanged stories and causal chit chat. Current trends, rumors, quests, and the usual guy talk. Some time past before Miaki checked the time in his GUI. Their last man hadn't arrived yet. Probably got lost trying to find the meeting room. With a sigh Miaki sat up and produced a small yellow sphere and placed it on the table.

"No offense to the other guy but I think we should get started." He said pressing the top of the device. "Thhis gentleman is a <>. Very useful for meetings like this one. And... This is a map of the dungeon leading to floor ten." He said as a 3D hologram appeared displaying the pillar leading up. A red line showed the route taken to the boss room which was naturally at the top of the tower. "Here is the boss room. The room is smaller than the last floor and is edged with a pool of magma. Ever seen that 20 year old movie with the short people and the ring? Picture the place at the volcano room at the end of he movie but not so high up."

He pointed to the edge of the projected room. "This boss is called <>. A four headed serpent with a seriously hot headed attitude." He said with a little joke. "I only noticed one primary form of attack which was a fire blast. Did I mention each head has its own health bar? No? Well they do so we need to spilt up I reckon. We'll also need to watch the ground. Being in a volcano floor it seems safe to say the ground is unstable." Sitting back in his chair he let the other two give input. "What do you gents think?"

Raidou follows the directions in the PM sent to him from the leader of Ebon Vanguard. The previous leader of guild he was now in command of had left notes regarding Ebon, »Our guild is an extension of Ebon, when their leader beckons we answer«. Raidou was going to do just that, entering floor 8 with haste as he was late Raidou approaches the building location overhearing people talking inside"Hydra---Four Heads". Raidou rips open the door to the meeting almost removing it from its hinges. Partially interrupting the meeting, everyone was done speaking but still thinking as Raidou shouts out "Who leads Ebon Vanguard?".

Saix returned Miaki's greeting with a polite nod. "Commander, good to see you returned safely from the Scouting Mission. I'm glad you approve of the location, I figured it was out of the way and perfect for this." he replied, as the two men waited for their fellows to arrive. Shark arrived next, carrying with him a platter laden with food, and offering to share. This brought a chuckle from Saix, right up until things became serious. With the 3 gathered, Mikai produced his Mirage Sphere and began the report. Most of what he said was already what Saix had expected. With the general topography of the floor consisting of a giant volcano, he had been sure that the boss room would be similarly themed. What struck him as odd was the fact that their enemy had 4 heads, and that each head had a specific health bar. Curious.

"With that said, I believe the wisest course of action would be..." He is interrupted as the door bursts open, a young man standing out of breath demanding to know who is the Leader of the Ebon Vanguard. Saix blinks in surprise, were they anywhere but in a town, the display might have been mistaken as as aggressive. But the man's cursor was Green, and their had been one more Guild Leader invited. Saix cleared his throat calmly. "I am Saix, Captain of the Ebon Vanguard." He said, every so carefully as his eyes drifted back to the Mirage Sphere. "And as I was saying... This fight certainly seems more straight forward than the last. The only real concern I would have is that you said they were using fire damage. That would cut right through a tank's defensive armor enhancements and skills."

He pauses, closing his eyes for a moment as he weighs his options carefully. "It is at least a two stage fight. The 4 heads are the first phase of the boss fight, when they are killed, the final enemy will reveal itself. Since they are using fire attacks, we cannot use a single tank. We will need to offtank the 4 individual heads, to prevent them from focusing fire on one target, then have our best tank be prepared for the final phase once they are dead. The key will be splitting them, as you suggested Miaki. I propose 4 groups, comprised of 3 members. Each with their own tank and 2 DPS players to deal with the heads quickly. Furthermore, a 5th group of Overwatch players, who will standby and prepare to lend aide where needed." He said finally, the full plan having been laid quickly in his head. "After the last floor, I appreciate the fact that we won't have to deal with Poison or Plants again. But fire is dangerous in it's own right. We will need to kill those heads quickly to prevent our tanks from being overwhelmed." He said, with a smile.

As soon as I sat down i the meeting room with my food, Miaki fixed a plate himself. I hope you enjoy the food pal. The last meeting went too long so I figured that having some food this time would be beneficial to us and helping to keep us focused. I said as Miaki prepared to get the meeting under way.

The meeting just started and at that moment, another player barged in asking for the Leader of the Ebon Vanguard. Saix then acknowledged the request, answered it, and then returned to the topic at hand.

I looked back at Saix after he states the plan. It's a similar format to the last raid, and that went great so this should work perfectly. I volunteer myself and Vandal to take care of a head. Now we just need a tank and we have our first team. Some of the weaker players should hang on Overwatch so they can stay a bit safer. I still don't plan on losing anyone. I said as I tried to pick up the pace of the meeting so we can prepare a bit quicker.

Listening intently to talk about heads, and over hearing hydra and fire damage Raidou moves to prove his worth. Walking up to the «Mirage Sphere» Raidou points at the lava pool circling the boss "You think its possible to neutralize this, it would give us more ground to fight from and make it less dangerous even if temporary." Raidou realizes his rude behavior, and introduces himself to the other commanders "I'm Raidou acting captain of the reformed Magical Elements, now called Firm Anima I'm leader of the Vanguard division." he points at one of the heads on the «Mirage Sphere». Opening up his robe, he pulls out a myriad of vials and sets them down on the table below the «Mirage Sphere», Raidou proceeds to explain his reasoning:

Lifting the «Threads of Fate» "The threat producing evader player should be given this, It negates the next successful attack against them. It would be a waste to give it to a player who is going to be hit, giving it to a player like that would only use it up when they fail to move." Raidou says placing the vial under one of the heads underneath the sphere.

«Electric Net» "This Recipe I found makes a very potent but short stun effect, If used by one of our players it should skyrocket the other attackers in the parties damage, you cant miss something that cant move" Raidou says placing another Vial under one of the heads

«Titans Strength» "The final head would need to be brute forced, as I didn't have a whole lot of time to prepare. Give this potion to the hardest hitter, and they will hit exceedingly harder for the duration of the fight."

"With these 3 focal points three heads should drop relatively easy, provided the strongest players can take the lack of potion use" Raidou continues his contribution to the cause. "Now on for what else we might need." Raidou says as he lays an more vials on the table

Lifting the »Stone Skin Gel» "The Shield user type should take this one it will harden their skin for the duration of the fight making them that much harder to put down, will make fighting the second phase easier" Raidou says placing the vial down underneath the other 3 vials.

"Now the proposed overwatch group." Raidou says as he lays a white crystal and a few green vials on the table. "I will provide a very potent «Teleport crystal», This one is very strong anyone the user is in contact with goes with them so if things go sour they can use this to remove people from the fight." Then Raidou collects one green vials "This right here should be obvious Healing potions that you can hand off to players as needed, However I will try to make a few more things to get us better prepared." Raidou continues "Like this lava pit on the side, I might be able to find a way to neutralize it for a few minutes if I study the composition of the lava. Also I want to make something much stronger in the form of healing, time permitting of course but I will try."

Finally finished with his thorough explanation, Raidou looks at the other captains for input.

The final man had arrived and introduced himself as the new leader of the former group called the <>. Miaki hadn't heard much except they were still structured like the Ebon Vanguard. Whether they were still a sub guild to them he didn't know. The young man started placing a nice assortment of colored vials on the table for different types of players in the boss raid. SO the man was an alchemist and a rather successful one at that. Miaki himself had his luck but laziness combined with business kept him from booming success. Fortunately, Clarence was a non-stop supplier and was helpful in making buffs for the last raid.

"Good to see another alchemist in the group." He said to the new guy. "I'm Miaki Murakami of the Azure Brigade." Looking back at the hologram he pointed to some of the key points and brought Raidou up to speed with everything. "Now moving onto the squads. I completely agree with Saix on this about getting a smaller group. I think too many people would overcrowd the room." Opening a notepad he started jotting down some names that came to him regarding the raid.

-Head 1- : Nikki, Miaki, Hikari

-Head 2- : Saix, 9, Shanok

-Head 3- : Vandal, Shark, *???/Elessar

-Head 4- : Raidou, Ruri, *???

-Overwatch- Lisbeth, Ayane, Charlotte

"Of course this is just a rough draft but it's a start."

Blinking at Raidou's explanation, Saix looked over towards Miaki and Shark before shrugging. "I have a sub guild" he said, with an amused look on his face as though this were news for him too. The boy's concoctions were definitely impressive, not to mention more successful than Saix himself had ever had, as he usually just managed to blow up his crafting stall along with the surrounding cityscape. "Well, that is pretty impressive. I imagine that would come in handy." He adds, before Miaki's writing on the other side of the table catches his attention. "Drawing dirty pictures of Nikki are we?" He teases, before looking over to catch a glimpse. "Hmm, not bad. Good placement of forces there, though we might have to sacrifice one of the Over Watch to make the final slot there."

-Head 1- : Nikki, Miaki, Hikari

-Head 2- : Saix, Lisbeth, Shanok

-Head 3- : Vandal, Shark, Eléssar

-Head 4- : Raidou, Ruri, 9Lives

-Overwatch- Ayane, Charlotte

"Maybe something like this?" He asks, tilting his head. "Saves us the trouble of looking for more participants. I like it, small, elite, efficient."

Miaki looked at the list and gave it a little more thought. He knew that Hikari and Ruri would work well together as they were getting along like best friends recently and that Shanok would be more comfortable with people he knew so after rearranging some of the listings he put up the final groupings. "This should do the trick I think and unless there are any objects we can get ourselves ready for the next fight. When should we meet at the boss room?"

-Head 1- : Saix, Lisbeth, Eléssar

-Head 2- : Vandal, Shark, 9Lives

-Head 3- : Raidou, Ruri, Hikari

-Head 4- : Nikki, Miaki, Shanok

-Overwatch- Ayane, Charlotte

I looked over the list of teams and overwatch for this raid. everything looks good to me. I will notify Vandal and make sure he is prepared. I feel like this raid will go pretty fast. I said as I opened my menu to see if I have to do anything tomorrow. Well, I'm good for anytime... Might be a good idea to get a lot of rest so how about the crack of 2:30 pm? I said as I finished my plate of food and looked over at Miaki and Saix as well as the new captain (Raidou).

Looking at the other captains Raidou says "I have some players who could potentiually make good additions to the party" presenting the Status and applications for Haine and Kiluia. "Entirely up to Saix, as we are an extension of his guild and all." Raidou says before turning to Miaki and outstretching a hand to introduce himself personally, he intends to introduce himself formally to each captain.

Saix cocks his head as he watched Miaki edit the little piece of paper, before nodding his affirmation. "Looks good." He said, with a casual shrug. "And with that said, I think we are about ready to..." He is interrupted by Raidou, who has a few suggestions of his own. Glancing at the others, Saix examines the two applications. "Hmm, I say we give this.. Kiluia... a chance. That rounds out our fifth team team with 3 members." He says, looking around to make sure nobody else has anything to say. "And with that said, again, I think we are ready to take this boss battle, and this Guild Alliance, to the next level. That last battle could have just been happy coincidence, but with our working together like this, now, it is clear that it's not. Therefore, I propose a unified Guild Alliance, so that we might focus on progressing here in Aincrad, as well as dealing with the constant threat of Red Players. But we can talk about that later, we have a Fire Chicken or whatever, to defeat first."