[PP-F3] The best day with May

Quite like any normal day, i had given some interest to my girlfriend whom would be such for long. (dont get the wrong hints). I held the pendant i had received from a quest in my had, it being white gold with a ruby jewel in the middle. I wasnt sure what May would think of it. I gripped it a little tighter as i adjusted my armor. The red and white was starting to affect my brain or something because i was starting to enjoy it, but i didnt really want to wear it. Heathcliff made them the official guild colors and i decided not to argue with him about it. Hoping this was going to a good day i waited on the third floor bench by the teleported, almost half asleep as i waited making sure the pendant wouldnt easily be seen or taken from me in case i ended up napping.

I walked to the teleport gate in the town then transferred myself to the third floor to meet Ryu. I hadn't seen him in such a long time. I was preparing myself for the next time we met. This time I wouldn't go down in a fight so easily, Now I was stronger. About a couple days ago I joined a guild called the Knights of Blood with Ryu. I wasn't too fond of the color choices of the guild though, they were too flashy. The other thing was that you couldn't hide in the them very well due to the bright red boarders. In the end I decided I would neglect wearing them today, or at least I thought it was a good choice right now. In the distance after a little bit of walking I spotted Ryu, looking almost half asleep. Immediately, I ran towards him.

I heard footsteps approaching rapidly and i looked over the bench and saw a girl running towards me. Her purple hair flowing behind her i almost didnt recognize my own girlfriend without the KoB colors on. I stood up and walked around the bench catching her in a hug.

Hey there May i said as i squeezed a little bit. It was good to finally see her after so long. I was so happy i couldnt even stop smiling. Giving her a small kiss on the cheek i broke the hug and looked at her.

Going against Heathcliff already? i asked jokingly You know what he'd tell you if he saw you right?

Hopefully she picked up on my jokes but just in case i gave her a small nudge with my elbow letting her know everything was ok. I wasnt sure what today would be about but i knew something was going to be done...remembering what was in my pocket. I had bought it a couple of weeks ago but i was hoping it would be enough to get started. The other item in my pocket being the necklace from the quest a few weeks back

Hello Ryu! I said, breaking away from the hug. Unfortunately I didn't like the colors very much, too revealing too. I said. The thought of Heathcliff seeing me out of uniform made me shudder a little. I don't know why but that man scares me. You probably right, should I change or something just in case? I asked Ryu, hoping he would say no. I doubt that he would tell me to not wear my uniform though.

I looked at her funny and laughed a bit at the face she made when i mentioned Heathcliff.

Look, im not going to make you change, but i would put it more as a recommendation to wear it...seeing im trying to be his right hand man i have to enforce a little bit, but you are my girl...im not going to make you change for my sake i said to her

Wear them, dont wear them, the choice is ultimately yours, seeing as you dont have to wear them, i dont care May, youre beautiful in whatever you put on i said with a smile (OOC: Remember for the longest time Asuna and Kirito didnt wear the uniform, even if they were on active leave)

I thought about this for a minute and considered this. I guess they can wait then! I smiled, I appreciated that Ryu understood my reasoning. It was a good thing that we weren't anywhere near the guild today, I'm sure that I would be in serious trouble if I was caught out of uniform. The guild occupied my head now. What's the other member? I'm not sure who it was, I forgot. I said, a little frustrated that I could so easily forget things.

Her name is Rosalia, and she is a dear friend to me...almost like an assistant i responded to her question.

So what would you, of ALL things, like to do today on this very floor/i asked her gently.

I toyed with my sword and my gauntlets hoping that they were ok in Heathcliffs mind. I looked to her ans smiled knowing she was what i was waiting for, to change my life around, though id still be that emo kid in school...at least id have someone to share that with.

Rosalia? That name sounds familiar to me..Anyways I would like to fight something! Since we departed I gotten a whole lot stronger, even a new sword. I said in an excited tone. This was the day I would show him my new sword too, it was special to me since I had invested so much into it. The purchase took more than half my col but it was probably the best thing I bought in Aincrad, it served me well in battle too.

I looked at it. I was actually quite ashamed that she spent so much money on it.

You know,,,i have a sword much older than that and it works just as good i said running though my inventory to find Ragnarok.

This was the sword i received from Ignis the Mad during the new years event i looked to her still kind of ashamed that she spent half her money, even tho that wouldnt have even put a dent in my wallet.

I mean sure yours looks nice and all, but you should have told me you were looking for a one handed straight sword i said in a slightly upset tone.

I guess what's done is done i said tapping my katana As you can see, everything about me has improved...and as of last week i Grand mastered the Katana skill so im doing quite well

Col was the last thing I wanted to bother Ryu about. The reason why I didn't ask for one; was because I felt that if I just got a sword from Ryu I would just be taking everyone's items from them. I'm glad to hear that Ryu, really. I can tell you have been leveling and your mood have changed quite a bit since last time. I said with a small laugh. I changed just a little since we last met. I'm a lot more "rude." I say with air quotations. Of course I was nice to a player when I meet them but if they got on my bad side I didn't hide it anymore.

Remind me not to end up on your bad side i laughed a bit

Look, um...theres something id like to do but you have to be willing to bare with me here i spoke a little mysteriously do you think you can do that?

I was hoping i would be able to get both a yes now and a yes later, but that would matter once night time got a little closer. I waited for her response as i toyed with the items in my pockets.

I laughed with Ryu until he spoke again. Sure, anything! I replied with a cheery smile. As long as it didn't include anything boring then I would totally do it. What did you have in mind? I asked, eager to find out what we were going to do. I also knew that there was the possibility that Ryu would keep it a secret and try to surprise me. The town didn't offer much to do, it was actually a little dead here, though I was around in towns long enough to check all of the activities.

That my dear...is a secret i said as i leaned down and kissed her cheek.

I didnt havent anything specific in mind i partially lied I mean unless you wanted a second date or something

I remembered our first actual date, granted it wasnt much but it was definitely an experience. I ran over the map quickly as i tried to find the perfect spot for my secret.

I knew it. I sighed heavily. A date does sound good right now but I have the strong urge to fight something Ryu. I say, hoping he'd get the clue that I honestly wanted to fight. Up until now I had been letting others fight for me, I had almost always got in the way. Most of the time anyways. The guild would be a way for me to handle my own problems without intervening in others'

An itch to fight eh... i say closing my map and looking directly at her and gaining an evil grin

I pressed a couple of buttons and suddenly a duel request opened up on her screen.

Now dont get crazy, this isnt about life and death, or about a dominance in the relationship, i simply just want to see exactly how well youve improved since the first fight we fought in together.

I watched her every action this duel would give us both to 20 hp and the first one to hit 0 loses but will NOT die, the challenge is to get the other opponents HP to zero. The duel would go on until either victory is claimed or a surrender is declared. There is no wager, just a game for fun.

Now May, i expect you will choose wisely, seeing as it could be the best day of your life or the worst i joked with her

I really am interested in seeing what youve done to improve yourself i boasted hoping it would get her to jump at this opportunity to show me up as a player.

A safezone duel huh? I say and press the accept button. I knew right away that I probably wasn't going to win, Ryu was such a high level plus he was a skilled fighter. I reached behind me and took my sword off my back, hoping it would serve me well again for this battle. With the timer counted to zero I wasted no time with waited to counter his attack. I sprinted fast at him and jumped into the air with my sword pointed down. I pierced through Ryu's chest and pulled it out before it could linger. The other reason why was I knew Ryu countered attacks really well.

Mayonaka 20/20

Ryu 15/20 [bleed -2 for two turns]

BD 10

10+2 = 12 [-3 health + two turns of bleed of two damage]

Goodness gracious i said as she suddenly struck me in the chest.

That was a nice attack but youve forgotten one thing i said taking my sword in my hand and unsheathing it and rushing towards her

Roll 10 (+2 ACC with Gauntlets) = 12 Heavy crit attack Grand master status +5, Celestial blade increases to +8 (Celestial blade is +3)= 11 damage!

I grand mastered this skill i said slashing straight through her body and spinning around for another look at my opponent.

C'mon hun, its like you're TRYING to let me win i joked with her hoping to antagonize her.

Ryu 16/20 -1 bleed (1 turn remains) (Armor Skill does +2 damage Mitigation)

May 9/20

I was hoping on the inside that Ryu would go easy on me, boy was I wrong. He unleashed his katana on me with no hesitation, plus he had dropped my health down past halfway. I winced a little at the sight of my pathetic health bar, one more hit like that and he would win. I didn't forget..just hopeful..I muttered and ran towards Ryu again. This time I roll to his right and came from behind. After I slashed him in the back I responded to him. I'm not letting you win, I would have died if I was doing that.

Mayonaka 9/20

Ryu 12/20 [bleed -2]

BD 6

6+2 =6 [-3 health + 1 turn of bleed of two damage]

I smiled at her cunning little idea. She got behind me and got me once more.

That was a nice shot but it is NOT going to be enough i said as i spun back around with the katana in my hands swinging it in her direction.

Roll 9, Light crit 10 damage

I swung my katana right over her head, i had a plan and i wasnt going to muck it up here and there. I planned on beating her so easily because i still had the two items in my pockets.

Forgive me my dear i said slashing through her chest dropping her to her knees in front of me with the words Victory appearing above my head and i looked down at her with no pity.

Ryu 11/20

May 0/20

I saw Ryu turn towards me with his death katana, my eyes widened. Crap. I thought as he cut through my stomach. My health went down to zero; with that I dropped to my knees. You could have held back a little bit. I chuckled and stood up with my sword in my hands. The thing I liked about Ryu was that he didn't even feel bad for winning a battle against me. At least I got to fight you. I sighed and sheathed my sword. I need to improve before I battle him again, probably after I reach level twenty..