[PP-F4] «The Cloaked Mat Hunters»

Floor four, lately becoming a popular favorite to noobs and l33ts alike. But long as Miaki had some peace and quiet in the inn he shared with Nikki that was distanced a little way from the main traffic of the floor he was fine. Today's agenda was visitng the ice sheets where Sea Lions roamed. He would accompany HIkari out on a material hunt. The <> waited on the property of a small farm very close to the flat ice sheet field for the one starting to make a name for herself as the <>. His brown trenchcoat wrapped around him he looked around the unused farm for any signs of life.

Leaving the dungeon of the third floor, a chill came down Hikari's spine, though she'd already gotten used to it, the fourth floor clearly was very cold, cold enough to make her flesh chill. Walking on the snow to the meeting place, Hikari dropped her head and tied her right arm around her left, hoping to diminish the cold on the naked arm and conserve heat. Walking to the meeting point, Hikari sprinted a bit to heat herself up and reached the farm where her friend Miaki waited. "Hey! Sorry I'm late, this floor is a lot colder when one of your arms is naked..." The man dressed completely in a detective's outfit matched her trench-coat in all but color and sleeves, of which hers had none. Waiting for his reply, Hikari tried to find a place to warm herself up, a campfire or something, still clearly shaking from the cold.

Hikari met Miaki out in front of the farm just passing through the fields to reach it. Though why a floor that was representative of a winter wonderland had a farm that was useless during the winter season was beyond him. Perhaps it was simply just for looks, making the environment feel more real and give a traveler the feeling of traversing the countryside during the winter season. Looking at Hikari in her sleeveless coat she didn't appear to be the most prepared for this floor. "Whoa, yer gonna freeze up out here and get a status effect." He told her with a voice of concern. "Let's go inside here and get you warmed up before we do anything." He said lead her towards the farmhouse.

Hearing Miaki's words, Hikari simply followed him as she called for Shiranui. "Mode change, Solar Flare!"

240px-Solar_Flare.jpg

The fiery mirror immediately warmed up the surroundings and Hikari. "Ghhh.... that's better..." Giving a satisfied smile, Hikari scratched Shiranui's ears before turning to Miaki again. "So, what are we gonna do today?" She knew she wasn't really dressed very well for this weather but the heat generated from the Solar Flare was more than enough to keep her warm.Waiting for Miaki's response, Hikari simply sat down on the wooden floor inside the house where Miaki had taken her, grabbing her legs to keep heat from escaping.

The sudden appearance of a white wolf surprised Miaki. He observed the beast with awe as it gave off a radiant heat warming the area around it. "This must be yer new friend. Very cool! What's it's name?" He asked looking at the stunning wolf from the side. The creature was colorful and vibrant in appearance. What looked like watercolor glyphs of some sort seemed to float or project from it's back. Could it be that those were the source of heat he was feeling? "I was thinking we would go hunting for some materials that might be hidden in the area, maybe fight some mobs too. Just a moment... I'm gonna see if I can find something for you inside here." His voice trailed off near the end as he entered the farmhouse.

Hikari noticed Miaki's surprise immediately as the the crimson-marked white wolf appeared from the snow, carrying first a gigantic blade of lightning, then a sort of plate surrounded by fire. "You like him? His name's Shiranui, he was already named and I couldn't change it." The wolf was truly majestic with a rainbow of fire emanating from Solar Flare. "So today, we'll be hunting for mats? Sounds good." Flashing Miaki a smile, Hikari turned her body towards Shiranui and extended her hands out to him, hoping to heat herself more before getting back to her position.

Fujiwara_no_Mokou_by_lovemii.jpg

Noticing Miaki going to the back of the farmhouse, Hikari got up and followed him, hoping to find something good.

Starting with the lower floor Miaki checked the different rooms in the quaint farmhouse. It seemed ready and actively used but there was no NPC around and it was certainly not player owned. The kitchen was moderately stocked with all sorts of grains, dairies, and meats that one would expect a farmhouse to have. Still, no sign of any residence. Looking around he found a door leading to a cellar which had some large burlap sacks stacked in the dry room. Upstairs however is where he found himself rather lucky. In one closet was a black cloak that might just be in Hikari's size. He grabbed the cloak and looked around for anything else that was lootable.

One ladder was kept off to the side and an access panel led to the attic above. Using the ladder he checked the cobweb infested space and found a brown chest that could be opened. "Jackpot!" He cried. "I think I've found something up here!" He shouted down to Hikari.

Splitting up with Miaki, Hikari searched the living room, where she was resting before, thoroughly with Shiranui, stopping when Miaki told her to come upstairs. Quickly dropping what she was doing, Hikari ran up and to the room the voice came from, much to her surprise, finding a chest. "Great job, will you open it or should I?" Asking Miaki quickly before noticing what he was carrying with him, Hikari crouched down a little bit to check the chest. "Seems easy enough to open, doesn't need a key or anything... Go ahead, Miaki." Signaling her friend to open the chest, Hikari stepped back a bit beside Shiranui, heating her hands in the meanwhile.

Miaki knelt down to the wooden chest and looked over at Hikari who was waiting to see what was inside. He handed off the black cloak to her that he found. "Here. I found this for you. Should help you a little when we go outside." He said with a smile. The wool cloak in his hands was thick enough to keep anyone warm in anything short of an all out blizzard. Once it was out of his hands he grabbed the lid of the chest and opened it revealing the contents inside.

Materials found! Total 5

"Now this is a good find. I'll let you keep 4 of them Hikari. I'll find a use for one of them." He stood up and sent the items to Hikari's inventory. "Feel ready to canvas the surrounding area for more?"

Her eyes widening at the sight of the materials, Hikari was a bit flustered when Miaki sent her the majority of them. "N-no, really, I don't need that many." But she shut up when she saw the HUD appearing in front of her with the item names. "4x Atlantis Iron Ingots" Miaki couldn't do anything with metals so she just let her head drop while pressing the accept button. Accepting the cloak Miaki gave her, it was the same as her own, simply a vanity item. of no use to him. Removing her armor quickly, Hikari turned to Miaki. "It's not like I'm gonna get naked or anything, I'm just removing my coat." To dispel his potential embarrassment. Removing her sleeveless coat, Hikari equipped the long-sleeved one Miaki gave her, it had a nice fur inside, so it was warm. Equipping her armor again, Hikari gave an affirmative nod to Miaki's question, leaving the house with him.

Miaki's eyes instinctively veered away from Hikari at the removal of her coat. Though he knew she was only replacing it with the cloak he gave her leaving him no reason to have to avert his eyes. "I uh I figured that was the case." He said trying to play off things. In either case she would be ready for going outside in the cold. "Well that should keep you warm on this floor." He closed up the chest which then vanished only to respawn somewhere in the area at a later time. "We can leave whenever yer ready I suppose." MIaki said while throwing his hands into his pockets.

Surprised at Miaki's answer, Hikari voiced her opinion quickly. "You wanna leave already?" I mean, I already got enough materials to craft for today, but I'd still like to go hunting a bit... If you want to go, I don't mind, though." She really didn't have much to say, closing the coat's zipper, Hikari tied her belt around it, atop her stomach. Waiting for Miaki's answer, Hikari simply re-equipped her sword and shield again, as she really didn't have much more to say.

(OOC: Sorry for short post...)

Turning away from the stairs Miaki looked back at Hikari. "Well unless you want to stick around here for awhile." Leaning on the railing he looked over at Hikari. "If yer up for it we can get out there before a storm is generated or something." The weather outside seemed pretty good and it would be an absolute waste for them to not take advantage of this opportunity while it had presented itself. "It's yer call. What will it be?"

"Right then! Allons-y!" He shouted with the thrust of his fist into the air. He turned around and leap onto the handrails and slid down the stairs! He hit the ground level hard and pulled the door open ready to explore the area in search of wonder and excitement. Inhaling seeping and smelling the air he sighed with exhilaration. "You know what that smell is Hikari? Adventure!"

Hearing Miaki's reference and his thud as he hit the ground level, Hikari responded. "Well then, Doctor, what are we waiting for?!" A smile permeating her face, Hikari remembered fondly the british TV show she used to watch back in days more peaceful and happy than these, it served as an escape from reality and this reference did just that. Feeling her spirit lifted, Hikari prompted Shiranui to get up and followed Miaki. "To adventure! I guess I'm your companion now, huh, Doctor?" Teasing him a slight bit, Hikari gave him another light smile, continuing to follow him.

Miaki cocked his head to the side and raised his chin looking at Hikari. "Hmmmm quite so." He said with the nod of his head. "You shall be my companion through space and time. Come now my faithful Hikari! We must find out where we have found ourselves." Popping the collar of his trench coat they ventured out seeking adventure.

Miaki's facial expression went grim rather quickly as he acted to be filled with embarrassment. "I uhhhhhh I forgot to turn off the H.A.D.S.... The Hostile Action Displacement System. When we left the TARDIS earlier and it displaced itself. It uhhhhhh relocated to a different floor." He fumbled through his pockets thinking if he had anything that could be some "sonic". Finding nothing at the moment except for a loosely pocketed teleport crystal he made a small shrug and looked to Hikari. "Im really not sure which one." He said with a weakly attempted laugh to mask the embarrassing scenario he made for himself.

"Oh, God..." Hikari gave a clear and noisy facepalm as she heard Miaki say this, much like her character would react. "So... lemme get this straight... you're saying there's a chance the final boss has it right now...?" Her head dropping, you could feel a hint of a British accent toning her voice, Hikari really was getting in character. "All right, we might as well make something fun outta this..." Walking away from the farm, Hikari turned to Miaki again. "Hmm? Aren't you coming, Doctor?"