[SHOP-F4] The Frozen Blacksmith

Setsuko couldn't help but clench her teeth as the ingot began to glow the familiar bright white that ensued. Her eyes watched with anxiety, then amazement as the precious metal shifted into the form of a blade. When the weapon's color began to restore, the warmth of the burning forge not far from her was replaced by an icy chill. She shifted her gaze to the forge, which was still burning, and then back to her blade. With a swish of her finger, she brought up the item information.

Frostbite, eh? The pale blue blade with a black hilt was properly named, that was certain. Setsuko closed the information before taking hold of the blade before her. Suddenly, the warmth of the fire returned. Interesting effect. For a rapier, the blade felt relatively heavy. It was still lighter than other swords, but different as well. The edge of the blade was still sharpened, and the design allowed for her to occasionally slash if she decided to, but the point was clearly its intended main source of damage.

Well, I got what I finally wanted. Setsuko couldn't help but smirk as she sheathed her newly crafted blade.

Item: Frostbite

Quality: Perfect

Shop: The Frozen Blacksmith

Description: Colored pale blue across the blade with a black hilt, there is also a slightly darker aura emanating from this perfectly crafted rapier. This effect dissipates as the time since the blade was unsheathed increases. When first drawn, the air surrounding the blade grows slightly colder, though the user is unaffected by this atmospheric change. Other than its visual design, the blade itself also provides the user with +2 Damage and, upon critical hits, freezes her target for a turn (+1 Paralyze).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #2

After her first success, Setsuko was confident she could do just as well. She pulled her last <> out of her inventory and placed it in the forge, before hammering on the second ingot of the day. Crafting such a perfect item had brought her confidence, and now she was willing to continue, despite here initial fear of failing.

CD: 9

Item Quality: Good

1 = Epic Fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4 = Fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7 = Bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9 = Good Item 2 EXP

10 = Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11 = Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12 = Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

The ingot she was using eventually shifted into the form of a massive shield. <> was its name. It was massive, probably only half of a foot smaller than herself; it was an enormous defense for an enormous person. Well, I suppose if I crafted two perfect items in one day, I'd be the god of blacksmithing, so I won't let this one bring me down. Since she didn't intend on ever using a shield herself, she simply put it on display.

Setsuko yawned as she lifted her torso from the anvil, which she had somehow fallen asleep on over the course of the night. Well, this is awkward. Checking her clock, she found that she was able to craft again, and, as such, drew an <> from her inventory. From there, she followed the same steps as usual, ending with her hammering, and the item glowing.

CD: 11

Item Quality: Rare

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

When the glowing ceased, a pair of glimmering vambraces were before her. They were gloved up until the fingers, where her bare skin was revealed; the rest, however, was metallic in nature. After all, she was a blacksmith, not a tailor. Setsuko put them on, using the item menu, over course, and tightened her fists. She felt strange, with them covering her a portion of her arm usually left unclothed, but she'd force herself to grow accustomed to them. Curious, she inspected them to find they were called <>. Not as flashy as my blade, but they'll do.

Item: Swift Vambraces

Quality: Rare

Shop: The Frozen Blacksmith

Description: Nothing too special, these light vambraces make the user's attacks feel swifter, allowing them to react quicker to enemy movements (+2 Accuracy).

She was making a rare visit up to the fourth floor, as she had heard about a brand new blacksmith store that had just opened. She was looking for a new weapon, as she felt like she needed an upgrade over her own. She entered the door, and did not see the owner inside. Naturally, she ranged the bell, hoping that the owner would come out. She was looking to do a custom order weapon. She called out to the darkness, "I am looking to do a custom order weapon, either rare or perfect, how much would it cost?"

A customer!

Setsuko sat up in her bed, having been asleep before the voice awakened her. Without even changing out of her sleeping outfit, which consisted of a black t-shirt and a gray pair of sweat shorts extended just above her knee, the teenager slid down the stairs railing before casually brushing off her hair as if she hadn't been caught off-guard by the sudden ringing of her bell. "Of rare or perfect quality?" She repeated the question, just to double check with the girl who stood before her at the counter. "Anywhere from seven-hundred-fifty col to one-thousand col." Setsuko did her to sound somewhat friendly.

"What exactly did you have in mind?"

"I am looking for a Rapier to replace my standard one that I am currently using" she spoke as she handed her own weapon. Rebekah had a semi-idea about what she had wanted, and handed her this vague commission slip to the owner of the shop.

Item Name: TBA (Nameless at the moment)

Item Type: Rapier

Quality: Rare or Perfect

Item Effect: If rare: +1 BD, +1 Damage; If Perfect: +1 BD, +1 DMG, +1 lifesteal on rolls 9-10

Item Description: An advanced rapier with the ability to assist the user's damage and accuracy in combat.

"Is this possible, and would you like me to pay now or when I pick it up?" she asked.

[OOC ~ EDITING OUT KAZUGAYA, AS HE HASN'T BEEN APPROVED]

Setsuko glanced over the slip handed over to her by the girl, before looking back up at her. "It's certainly possible." She said with an uncertainty, mostly uncertain she would have the luck to make such a fine weapon once again. "I wouldn't ask you to pay until I've made it. Just a name and I'll message you as soon as its done." With a faint smile, she nodded at the girl.

"Okay, thanks, by the way, my name is Rebekah" as she forgot to introduce herself to the blacksmith. Then, she takes one last look at the shop, before leaving on her way. She did not mind that it might take a while, since custom orders do take a while to complete, but the wait will be worth it.

[OOC ~ That dice roll, though.]

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #1

"Nice to meet you." Setsuko forced those words out. Being nice is sort of challenging. She watched as Rebekah left her shop before moving to the anvil behind her and carelessly burnt and hammered away at an iron ingot she removed from her inventory. I couldn't possibly see anything wrong with this!

CD: 1

Item Quality: Epic Fail

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

DAILY ATTEMPTING #2

Determined to forge Rebekah's requested weapon, she removed a second <> from her inventory. She carefully heated the metal up within her forge for about a minute before moving it back to the anvil. C'mon. As with every metal she used before, she hammered on until it glowed.

CD: 5

Item Quality: Bad

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

The <> that materialized in front of her wasn't exactly a sight she was proud of. This shouldn't be too hard. I could make Frostbite, why am I having such a tough time making anything decent out of this? She shook her head. For the first time, she had a customer willing to come in and buy a high-quality weapon from her, if she could make it. If she kept screwing up, she wouldn't even have the materials left to forge the weapon requested from her.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #3

For her third and final time of the day, Setsuko withdrew an <>. Let's do this. She followed the steps she followed with every weapon, and did her best to forge something out of it. Each strike from her hammer was filled with her heart. I'm worth something; I can prove it.

CD: 4

Item Quality: Bad

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

Her determination, however, didn't pay off. Yet another <> materialized in front of her, utterly crushing her hopes for the day. To be fair, I did sort of rush these as soon as I got an order. It wasn't as if Rebekah expected the weapon today, did she? She shook her head. Nobody could expect a perfect weapon in a single day. Setsuko just hoped she'd be able to make one tomorrow, as she stepped back up the stairs into her room.

"I thought maybe using a regular sword would be helpful in fighting monster, but I think I need a two-handed one. Ahh! I know. I should go to that shop where I got the wedding gift. It seems that the owner is very skilled in that sort of thing."

Dylan, set on getting a sword that will help turn the tables in boss fights, ran towards the store. "Dexter, sit near the shop door. I'll come back out in a few minutes." After entering the store, he walks up to the counter. "Hey! I told you I would come back! This time, I'm getting a weapon of my own. How much Col would it cost to get a custom order of a weapon in Perfect quality?

"

Setsuko had been downstairs, preparing to attempt on Rebekah's custom order once again when a customer entered, asking about how much a weapon of perfect quality would cost. "Perfect quality weapons tend to go around one-thousand col to one-thousand-two-hundred-fifty col." She said bluntly. "Four or five forging materials would also suffice." Looking him over, he didn't seem like he'd have a lot of col, but materials, on the other hand, maybe.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #1

While she spoke to the customer, Setsuko began to forge a weapon. Opening her inventory and removing a single <>, she clamped it between the tongs and held it in the flames for a few minutes. This process is really tedious. She shook her head as she did it, and pulled it back out before hammering into, shaping it in the design of a blade.

CD: 10

Item Quality: Uncommon

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

"Well.. I'm about to go on a trip that'll possible get me more Col and I think I may be able to get enough Col before you finish it. I think you're a pretty good blacksmith, but its hard getting perfect weapons, isn't it? Well, here is the order so you can see what I want." He realizes that he also has mats. He looks to the side and then back at the girl. "About that crafting materials, would some mats suffice? As adequate forging materials?"

Item Name: Buster Sword

stChTHp.png

Item Type: Broadsword (Two-Handed Straight Sword)

Quality: Perfect

Item Effect: +1 BD; +2 DMG

Item Description: The Buster Sword is classified as an enormous broadsword. From tip to handle, it is approximately five to six feet long, with a single-edged large blade approximately one foot wide. The large blade is key in helping its user fight enemies and its sturdy handle helps with control, for more accuracy in combat.

"Oh geez. I just realized how wierd I'd look with a sword like that since I'm skinny. That'll be awkward in battle." He sighs and then looks at his dog, obediently sitting outside.