[SHOP-F4] The Frozen Blacksmith

[OOC ~ This is my reply to my current item that I just forged, not you yet Dylan. xD]

Before Setsuko was a one-handed straight sword that glimmered in the sunlight beaming through the window. She held it in her hand and gave it a slash through the air. Mm, it feels nice. Pretty fast too, though not really my style. As a rapier user, she had no use for it, but it would prove an item worth selling. She hung it up on the wall alongside the shield and rapier.

Item Name: Swift Blade

Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword

Item Quality: Uncommon

Description: The swift blade is comfortable to use, allowing for better maneuvering for quicker attacks, giving the user a +1BD.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setsuko took a look at the details of the blade her customer (someone she had seen before, but didn't know by name), and chuckled. Buster Sword, eh? You're clearly a fan of some mainstream games. "As long as they're smithing mats." She said as she looked back up at her customer. "If not, col is the only way you'll be able to pay, and it'll probably be on the higher-end due to the lack of materials I currently have." There was only one ingot left in her inventory.

[OOC]

Um, they're are smithing mats. Hehe. Here, I'll give them to you. He opens his menu and takes out all 8 of his mats, 5 from the mats he had collected on his last boar hunting trip and 3 from another time.. He then "Here, these are the mats you asked. I'm giving you all of them because you did say you have a lack of materials."

[OOC ~ I may or may not have beaten FFVII (all separate playthroughs) five times, so I'd like to believe I know my Final Fantasy). Anyways, I'm not sure exactly how the material exchange policy works, but just make sure you actually have those materials to give, and make a log of the fact that you gave them to me. Thanks a lot, btw. <3]

Upon receiving the customer's materials, Setsuko's eyes grew wide. "Seriously?" She skeptically asked before assuming he was being completely honest. "Alright, here's a deal. I currently have another order that I've been commissioned, so I can't work on yours right away." The teenager was clearly a little excited, judging by the fact that there was clear emotion within her voice, and she was speaking quicker than normal. "But you're free to take one of the items on display while you wait, and then I'll PM you when your weapon is done." That was the most she had ever spoken in a single breath in quite a long time.

With a slide of her fingers, her menu opened and she sent the generous person a friend request. "I'm Setsuko, by the way."

"Seriously. I mean you have more use for it than I do. Also, its fine that you're doing someone else before me. I kinda counted on it before I came in, and I'm fine with just using my own weapons for now. I like being helpful to others, its kinda of a habit. Hehe.." When she sent him a friend request, he was a bit surprised, but nevertheless he accepted it. "I'm Dylan. Nice to meet you, Setsuko."

[OOC]

Setsuko respectfully bowed her head towards her helper. "You're probably the nicest player I've ever met." She said without a second doubt. There were few people she'd call friends, but none of them had ever been so generous before, aside from perhaps Mayonaka. "If you need anything, just send me a quick PM." A sincere upward curve of her lips was upon her face. "But I need to start getting to work. Feel free to stay as long as you'd like."

"Um t-thanks.." he said, as his timid side returned because of the compliment. Dylan could feel his face turning redder and redder, so he decided to get out while he can. "Yep, I'll PM y-you, if I n-need anything. I understand you h-have to get b-back to work, so I'm j-just going to leave. Dexter is w-whimpering.." He walks out of the shop and then starts running, with the dog following close behind.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #2

As soon as Dylan left, she removed the last of her own <> and followed the same, typical steps. Now that she had more materials, she was a little less hesitant on forging. Regardless, she still didn't want to put all the materials he gave her to waste. Let's do this. Clamoring of metal striking metal filled the building.

CD: 4

Item Quality: Bad

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #3

With one of the <> Dylan had given her, Setsuko used her last crafting attempt of the day. Please, just let me get a weapon of decent quality. She thought as she struck metal for the last round of the day, forging it into the shape of a rapier, like Rebekah had wanted.

CD: 9

Item Quality: Good

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

Her hopes were met, but not surpassed. A second <> was made from the material she used. It was a quality weapon, but it wasn't even uncommon. Despite her failure, she simply sighed. There's always tomorrow. She shrugged and shook her head. Her luck hadn't been all that great since she managed to craft both Frostbite and the Swift Vambraces, but she knew she'd manage to succeed soon enough.

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #1

As per usual, Setsuko removed the three ingots she would be using for the day from her inventory. Following that action, she set two aside for later, and heated the metal within the fiery depths of the forge before hammering into it. This is so repetitive. If someone had to write about forging items every day, it'd be hell.

CD: 7

Item Quality: Good

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

Figuring she might as well make a shield, every blow was used for the intent on shaping it into her desired outcome. The system, however, did most of the work for her, and once the required amount of strikes went through, it glowed, shifted into a massive shield, and regained color. Another <> She shrugged. At least it was something, right?

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #2

Next, Setsuko figured she'd make some sort of chest armor. She took the second ingot and rolled it into the forge, wondering if it was possible to screw up the ingot. Using clamps, she picked it out from the coals of the forge and moved it onto the anvil and began to slam her hammer upon it. Seriously, I really hope they don't make a novel out of a girl who forges items all day.

CD: 10

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

Similarly to every other time Setsuko forged an item, it shifted into the shape of a piece of chest armor. It actually looked rather light, taking on the normal flawless steel coloring and still looking as if it could take a bit of damage. Hmm, interesting. She gestured her menu open before examining the object: it wasn't worth bragging about, but it'd get the job done as her latest piece of armor.

Item Name: Chest of Mobility

Item Quality: Uncommon:

Item Type: Chest Armor

Description: Though nothing special, the <> provides a decent amount of protection from enemy attacks without sacrificing movement. (-1 ENEMY BD).

(PENDING)

DAILY CRAFTING ATTEMPT #3

Feeling confident in her ability to forge Rebekah's requested rapier, Setsuko prepared the last ingot to be made in the shape of a rapier. After taking the necessary prior steps, of course. Alright, Rebekah, let's see if I can get your weapon ready. She sincerely hoped she could get something done with her last attempt of the day, though it wouldn't surprise her too badly if she failed.

CD: 2

Item Quality: Failed

1=Epic fail +1XP

2-3=fails +1XP

4-6=bad Item +1XP

7-9=Good Item +2XP

10=Uncommon Item +3XP

11=Rare Item +5XP

12= Perfect Item +8XP

Setsuko was glad she didn't get her hopes up. Her attempt completely failed, leaving her most despised enemy: <> in its wake. Well, screw this. She slammed her hammer onto the anvil before heading upstairs. The only good that had come out of her failure was the fact that she managed to hit smithing level three, which might make her job as a blacksmith a little easier; she'd find out tomorrow for sure.

Daily Crafting Attempt #1

It was the middle of the night, but Setsuko couldn't sleep, so instead, she sat at her forge. Four of her materials had already been withdrawn from her inventory, as she had recently made it to rank three of her profession, which added another daily crafting attempt. Currently, she had one of them within the forge, which she promptly moved to the anvil. First attempt of the day, let's make this rock. The clashing of metals rang throughout the building.

CD: 9

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

4-5=bad Item

6-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

When Setsuko was done, a pair of metal boots stood before her. They shimmered in the light of her forge's fire, and, upon picking them up, they actually felt pretty light. Well, that's a good first creation of the day.

Item Name: Mobility Boots

Item Type: Armor (Boots)

Item Effect: +1 EVA

Description: Whoever is wearing the boots feels as if they can move slightly faster, allowing them to dodge attacks in an easier manner than before.

Daily Crafting Attempt #2

With confidence from her first attempt, Setsuko set the second metal in the forge. Keep going. When it was ready, she pulled it out and precisely struck the metal, this time hoping to form a curved sword of some sort.

CD: 3

Item Quality: Fail

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

4-5=bad Item

6-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item