[PP FL2 Earning a living quest With Cindel] Complete

Blade dipped to the left side and he focused again. This time he dodged to the right of the golem and swung again trying to end this fight as soon as possible. He gripped the blade with two hands to allow faster reaction. He hit but it wasn't a killing blow. Shards of rock collapsed to the ground as he ran back peddling to her.

" Up to you." He spoke to her trying to steady her up

She didn't look to well. Hopefully there was just this damn thing and nothing else.

Klein 14/ 15

Cindel 10 / 15

Rocky 1/9

Still laying on the floor, Cindel watched as Klein landed another solid strike on the elemental. The monster started to crumble before her, large masses of rocks crashing down from where the mob once stood. *Did he kill it?...* she wondered, waiting for the dust to clear.

and as it did...

baby_rock_angry.png

"You've got to be kidding me..." The elemental had broken apart in to three! Cindel took Klein's hand to get back to her feet then took cover behind him as she re-readied her weapon.

------------------------

Klein 14/ 15

Cindel 9 / 15

Angry Mini Rock Elementals 1/9

He frowned at the sudden split among the rock golem. It was interesting. Normally , they would share a collective thought so he made an educated guess that there would only be one to pick and the rest would die. Blade pulled back and he went foe the one on the left. Blade moved forward at it now.

He made the wrong choice. The golem shattered but the other two hit him as he tried to escape. This was an intelligent monster. This was to be a mining adventure but he was discovering that there were beasts tailor made to jack you up in a moments notice.

Klein 12/ 15

Cindel 9 / 15

Rocky 1 / 9

This mob was literally designed to be annoying as possible. Frustrated Cindel sprung forward in an attempt to side swipe the little rock turdlings. She lunged, slashed and swiped, but the elemental fragments would turn before every hit. Her blade just glanced off their stony forms. The only way she'd inflict damage was with a solid direct hit.

"Hhmph!" she sighed in annoyance. At least she wasn't being pummeled in return, the rock turdlings were much easier to keep out of reach from.

Cindel: **Rolling Combat**

rapier_miss_anim.gif

BD: 3 **MISS**

Rock Turds: **MISS**

------------------------

Klein 12/ 15

Cindel 9 / 15

Angry Mini Rock Elementals 1/9

Just die. He thought as his blade went wildly swinging at each of the stone little pieces of trash. He wasn't amused. In fact, he was never amused to begin with. All this was interfering with his efforts of becoming a smith.

Finally, his wild swings smashed and thrashed the stupid rocks into pieces he couldn't describe. He sighed as he sat down. " Bout time it's over. " He glanced at the ground and blinked. An ore! Finally, he had gotten something out of this ordeal. But it was only a single ore. He would have to mine more soon." Look... it had something."

Klein 12/ 15

Cindel 9/ 15

Rocky dead. Loot die achieved. Item Red Iron ore

Cindel replied with an unenthusiastic "Nice..." Then plopped herself down in a corner. She sat with her two legs bent at the knees in front of her. With a frown on her face, she didn't bother to say anything else. She stayed quiet. With her back to the wall, Cindel sighed in exhaustion all the while staring down at the floor.

He picked up the pick ax again and started wailing on the wall once more. Clink. Clink. Clink. But he was a bit distracted by her body language." Hey.. how about dinner...? My treat. "He was gonna make plans with her. Why? Because..He felt the need to prove something to himself.

He struck the wall one more time and two pieces of red iron ore fell from it. He picked them up and looked over at her. He was happy but it was a hollow victory for him . Being happy meant to him that she should be happy right?

2 Mats gained red iron ore.

"I guess. Sure... I wonder if we even have to eat. Not like our bodies actually need food." she remarked. *He's trying to be nice, you don't need to throw it back at him!* the voice in her head told her. Yet she usually ignored it anyway. She found a few pebbles - the remains of their adversary. Then one by one started chucking them down the mine shaft. Clink Clonk tink ponk.... they echoed as they ricocheted deeper into the mine's depths.

Her attitude was the same as always as he placed the pick ax down. He gazed at her for a mere moment and answered her question." The way I think is that this game is designed to fool the mind. You get hungry, you get tired, you feel pain and you feel emotional. Regardless, it's the nerve gear. It's design was to fool the human brain. It's what I believe anyway."

He would heave the ax one more time at the wall. Clink

ClinkSo. What.... should we eat?"

"Im used to eating stale bread and drinking whatever it is they call this brown stuff that passes for water... Im sure just about anything would be better." She almost smiled when her lip curled up slightly, but quickly restored her frown. "How are you doing on the mats? Have to say, that looks a little boring." Her second thoughts about choosing performer were fading quicker and quicker as she witnessed some of the other professions.

He stood there for a few moments and tried to analyze her. She was an enigma that he had to solve. But her actions showed nothing to him. Was she going to go with him on a date out of pity ? It was possible that it was. But Klein had known her for awhile and they had a bond. But it felt nagging to him. That feeling that something isn't right would nag anyone. " Honestly, do you wanna go on a date or us this sort of a pity deal? Trust me.. I've had plenty of those.."He said flatly.

He lower the ax and sighed a bit. He needed to return to the city and open up a shop. He wanted to see what he could do. Eyes gazed forward as he walked." Forget it. Let's go get some rest okay?"

Cindel glared at Klein then threw one of the pebbles she had been tossing at his head. "You can be such a dummy sometimes! I'm just upset, and its not at you." She stood up shuffling the dirt and dust off her clothes. "Pfft, pity deal!" she walked over and punched him too. "But yeah, if you're all done lets get going. Cause.... I have a feeling 'Boulder-Fist Lord of the Mountain and destroyer of Mortals!' is probably further down that mine shaft. Yep! If I was a 'Boulder-First Lord of Mountains and destroyer of Mortals!' - that's where I'd be!" she confirmed with a nod.

Her acting the way she did validated him. The way she yelled at him and the way she hit him. Maybe he was over reacting. " Can't blame me. Beautiful women rarely go out with me. Especially like yourself."He took her hand and shook his head. He headed out with her out of the cave. He placed the ax back down and would do this later again. He made leeway back to the city where he would take her out.

Complete

Rocky 9 hp X 5 = 45 col

Loot.die achieved 1 die

Mat mining

1 page = 200 col each player