[PP-F1] Baggage [COMPLETE]

Jester wandered aimlessly into the cave. Recently, everyone was on his back! He'd easily made it onto most people's bad lists, but, that didn't bother him much. The thing that did bother him, was the potential threat of some of those people trying to kill him. Hell, one had already tried already! So, he found himself alone on the first floor, deep within one of its many caves, searching for his next prey. After a short time of walking he found himself in a room that was fairly large, with many stalagmites and stalactites dotted around. As he wandered into the room, he spotted another person in it with him. Grinning as he usually did, he approached the person. "Well, well, hello there! What would such a pretty lady like you be doing in such a cave like this? There can be but one answer! You're here to slaughter them, aren't you?"

Setsuko, who had been traveling through a cave not too far from the the Town of Beginnings in search of crafting materials, was caught off-guard when a voice echoed, its source not too far behind her. Upon turning around, she was met by the sight of another player much taller than herself. His face held a sickening smile that perfectly matched the words he had spoken to her. The longer her eyes focused on that grin, the more uncomfortable she felt; it was enough to let her know that this man wasn't someone she'd want to be around for too long. A chill traveled up her spine before she finally spoke, though she would have preferred to run. Get this guy away from me.

"An explanation isn't necessary." Setsuko coldly replied to his question. "Especially not for some creep." Although she wanted to continue on her way, she didn't feel like turning her back to the man was a good idea. Instead, she glanced over him. From what she could tell, he wasn't very well-equipped, but she hadn't the faintest idea as to what level he might be; if he was stronger than her, it wouldn't be smart to completely insult him, and then blow him off, so she awaited his response.

Wowee! How cold! And he was being such a nice guy to her too! Nevertheless, he maintained his grin, circling around her. "So, do you have a name then? You can't be a very high level, since you're in this cave, right?" Chuckling to himself, he looked her up and down, thinking. Let's see, now. She's obviously not much different from the others, I mean, she turned me down instantly! But, she's probably pretty weak, so, if I act like I'm strong... Giggling to himself, he pulled out his dagger, tossing it into the air and then catching it. He repeated this a few times, before speaking again. "I'm Jester, and I know my way around a fight, girl. I've cut the flesh from the bones of these monsters more times than you can count! Don't I sound like just the kind of guy you'd like to party up with?" Wasting no time, he opened his menu, sending the girl a party invite. C'mon, c'mon, accept it, accept it! I want to see you slaughter! I want to see you kill, hahaha!

Setsuko's decision was made before he had even sent her the request. "No." As soon as the party invitation materialized in front of her, her finger immediately hit the 'X', denying his request. "Everything you said sounds like a load of crap. Your gear isn't too different from my own." She supposed he could be speaking figuratively, or might take her for a fool to easily be tricked. "I won't party up with you. Call me what you want, because my name's not going to be of any use to you." Like her words before, these coldly left her mouth.

With that, she turned away from the creep of a man. Regardless of the fact that she wouldn't put it past him to follow her, she didn't care to check behind her. His gear appeared to be nothing special, and she doubted that he'd attack her. What an arrogant ass. She kept her hand ready to move at the slightest disturbance.

He chuckled loudly to himself, watching the girl walk away from him. My! Arrogant? How rude of her! There's no way I'm letting this one go so quickly. Jester walked alongside the girl, smiling at her as he did. "Alright, so, maybe I don't have the best gear in the game, but, you aren't any professional yourself, girlie. You're probably going to need all the help you can get down here, unless you actually want to be mauled by the monsters, hahaha!" The girl was, surprisingly, quicker to give up with Jester than the others. At least they had humored him for a little while, but, she just turned around a left almost instantly! She seemed like a tough willed girl, but, to Jester it just meant that he'd have to do a little more work to make her mad.

Refusing to make eye-contact with the man, Jester, who was now following her, her head remained faced forward as she continued down the twists and turns of the cave. I actually am pretty lost. Somewhere along the twists and turns, she had lost her way. That was when Jester had found her, though at the time, she didn't really care all too much about being lost; the ore that lined the walls was what attracted her to the place to begin with. I don't need his help, but.. it could be nice, as much as I'd prefer to leave him alone. She shook her head. I'm going to regret this.

Without turning, she spoke once more. "I don't need any of your help." Setsuko made that fact as clear as possible. "But it'd be convenient if you knew the way out." Her bottom lip found pressure as she lightly pinched it between her teeth. From what she had noticed so far, he wasn't an actual threat, as of yet. That sure as hell doesn't mean he isn't going to be a massive annoyance. Once we get out, I leave him immediately.

Jester continued to walk, boy, was he getting tired. This girl just kept walking, and walking, refusing to say anything! After some time, she spoke out to him.

"I don't need any of your help. But it'd be convenient if you knew the way out."

"Wait a minute, you mean, you have no idea of the way out of here either?" For a moment, there was dead silence. Then, Jester's laughter could be heard throughout the cave. "Hahaha! Just kidding! Of course I know the way out, but, you'll have to do some fighting, the way that I'll take you..." He grinned once more, as the two approached a split in the cave. After a moment, Jester pointed to the left side, looking over at the girl. "That way will take you aaaaall the way out of this cave. But, like I said, you'll have to kill some monsters that way. But, I'm sure, if you asked nice enough, another player could help you out..."

As Jester laughed maniacally, Setsuko's hands clenched into fists. I should hit him. I should hit him. Damn it, I should hit him. She refrained, however. Not much longer, the two had come to a split. Jester gestured towards the left pathway, and, with a swift, "Thank you," Setsuko turned left and began making her way through the passage. She heard what he was saying as she walked, but didn't bother responding. She wouldn't give him that satisfaction. Besides, you're just going to follow me anyways, regardless of what I say. Why bother asking for your help?

Further down the cave, the monsters that Jester had mentioned came into Setsuko's sight. A pair of skeletons stood atop a slight incline. They were armed with small, one-handed axes , but there were only two of them, nothing impassable. Her hand moved to the hilt of her rapier, and removed the blade from its sheath, but didn't attack just yet. The cave had become rather enclosed, with little space for her to maneuver around if she aggro'd the monstrosities. Well, what am I going to do?

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 11/11

Jester: 13/13

ENEMIES

Skeleton #1: 7/7

Skeleton #2: 7/7

Jester pulled out his dagger, wandering straight past the girl, giggling all the while. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Let's get this party started! Hahaha!" Being a performer he could easily attract the monster's aggro with his voice, so, he did just that. "Oh, skeletons... Come and plaaaay..." Both skeletons immediately aggro on the two, and begins wandering over to them. This, of course makes Jester laugh in glee. "The fun starts here, girl!" Immediately he lashes out on the second skeleton, aiming for his skull. His dagger easily bounces off, but, it does deal a little damage.

Battle die: 8 = 1 damage +1 for One handed dagger mastery.

PLAYERS

ENEMIES

Skeleton #2: 5/7

As Setsuko had expected, Jester hadn't left; he ran straight past her and struck at the skull of a skeleton with his dagger. Alright, I'll take the other one. She approached the skeleton Jester wasn't dealing with, attracting it towards her, as Jester's voice pulled them, but the aggro didn't stay for too long. It stepped towards her, swinging its axe towards downwards at her, which she avoided by sidestepping. Thrusts aren't going to be very effective against these creatures. Instead, she swung the sharper end of her rapier at the creature, but the skeleton parried the blade with its axe. Damn it, they have a parry system programmed into their methods?

PLAYERS

BD: 5

DMG: 0 (Miss)

ENEMIES

The girl had done as Jester had wished, and took on the other Skeleton. Unable to control himself, Jester laughed madly. Oh, how this was going to be so much fun! Jester returned his gaze to his opponent, which, was now looking straight at Jester and raising it's axe to him. Clearly, he didn't mess around. "Give it your best shot, Skelly! That is, if you think you can take me, haha!" As if on cue, the Skeleton swung his axe at Jester. Jester, hastily jumped back, narrowly managing to dodge the axe. You can't kill me! You will never be able to face me, hahahaha!

PLAYERS

ENEMIES

A grunt escaped Setsuko as she pushed her target's axe off of her blade after blocking it. Now's my chance! Before the skeleton could recover from her maneuver, she kicked the skeleton's knee, knocking it to the ground. Its axe fell next to it. She placed her foot on the ribs, slashed across the creature's bones with the sharp end of her rapier once again, and hopped off the creature before it could attack her in retaliation. Upon landing, her right-hand immediately jerked her blade back into its ready position.

PLAYERS

BD: 8

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHR: R1) = 2

ENEMIES

Skeleton #1: 5/7

Jester glanced over at the girl from time to time, noticing her fancy moves. My! I can't let her outclass me like this. Using his <> skill, he performed a flip, that would be practically impossible in real life, over the Skeleton. Grinning to himself, he attempted to perform a large slash, straight up the Skeleton's back upon landing. Unfortunately, Jester's footing wasn't as spot on as he had expected, and only managed to graze the skeleton's back, still managing to deal some damage.

Battle die: 8 = 1 damage + 1 for One handed dagger mastery.

PLAYERS

ENEMIES

Skeleton #2: 3/7

Setsuko's rapier clashed with the skeleton's axe. Back and forth they moved, it'd block her attack, she'd block its attack. However, she was caught off-guard by its sudden change in attack movements as it swung its axe just above her ribs. Her attempt to dodge it by jumping back failed; she was caught by the axe in midair, and was sent tumbling back. Damn it. It took her a moment to recover, but she was back on her feet, ready to make up for her failed defense.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 9/11

BD: 5

ENEMIES

The girl took a hit! Too bad! So sad! Looks like I'll have to finish mine, and help her with hers. Grinning to himself about potentially getting a second kill Jester raised his dagger high over his head, attempting to strike down upon the Skeleton, finishing him. His attack was easily dodged by the Skeleton, which moved to the side, using the opportunity to slam his axe into Jester's side.

Battle die: 2 = 0 Damage

PLAYERS

Jester: 11/13

ENEMIES

Slightly annoyed by her previous failure, Setsuko charged towards her target, determination on her face. She slid into its legs, knocking it down. Following up her attack, she smashed the hilt of her rapier into its skull while it was still on the ground before hilt in her fingers and thrusting her blade into the skull of the creature. Its feet sprung and she tumbled backwards, though she didn't take any damage from it. Even though it was undead, it still seemed to be a little dazed by her successful attack. One more hit should do the trick.

PLAYERS

BD: 10

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHR: R1) + 2 (SUPAH CRIT) = 4

ENEMIES

Skeleton #1: 1/7

Jester grinned upon seeing her successful attack. Perhaps he wouldn't have to help her after all. Focusing back on the Skeleton in front of him, it seemed to be reeling from it's previous attack which gave Jester an opening, one that he most certainly intended to use. Wanting to finish the Skeleton off, he thrust his dagger straight at the Skeleton's skull. As expected, it was in no way ready and Jester hit it critically, causing it to shatter into pixels. "Aw, too bad! The skeleton's dead! Hahaha!"

Battle Die: 9 = 2 damage + 1 from dagger mastery

PLAYERS

ENEMIES

Skeleton #1: DEAD

Not exactly very gentleman like, are you, you pretentious ass? Of course, she didn't actually say what was on her mind; if she did, Jester might assume she was flustering her. Jester's laughter was ignored as Setsuko moved to the next target: his prior target that he had ditched for the sake of killing her's. She jabbed at it with her rapier, but it easily avoided it and slashed her right across the chest with its axe, taking another two points of damage from her. Her teeth clenched in pain.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 7/11

BD: 2

ENEMIES

Grinning, he knew that he'd made her at least a little bit angry. There's no way she would have been pleased with him taking her kill like that. So, obviously, the smartest thing to do was to try and take the second kill as well. "One down, one to go! Time to crush your bones like I did your friend, haha!" Gripping his dagger tightly, Jester aimed once more for a strike on the skull, to kill the Skeleton. Without even having the chance to dodge, the skeleton burst into pixels in an instant, a large grin plastered on Jester's face.

Battle die: 10 = 3 damage +1 (From battle mods)

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 7/11

ENEMIES

Skeleton #2: DEAD

As soon as the battle was finished, Setsuko sheathed her rapier within its cover and continued stepping away. From here, the exit couldn't be too much farther away. Jester had taken both of the kills for her, which didn't bother her all that much; due to his homicidal nature (at least towards creatures), he was providing her a service. "Thank you." She said with an honest tone, but a smirk on her face. By now all he would be able to see was her back, so the distortion on her face wasn't visible to the man that was, for all intents and purposes, stalking her.