[PP-F1] A Rough Start (Steel and Setsuko) Complete

"Where am I now?" Steel said to himself as he had not unfortunately memorized the layout of the fields of the first floor. As he walked around, he saw a girl nearby him. Curious as to what she was doing by herself, Steel walked over to her. "So what are you doing here all by yourself?" He asked the girl. Hopefully she doesn't take anything the wrong way. He thought to himself as that was usual.

Having been hunting <> in the middle of the day, Setsuko wasn't surprised that there were other players around doing just the same. Only the fact that one of these players decided to approach her shocked her, as most could tell from afar that she didn't exactly invite company. "What does it look like I'm doing?" She coldly replied. It was relatively obvious, as her rapier was drawn from its hilt. Why does everyone feel like approaching me? He's the third person in the past week.

"Well, you're just a ray of sunshine aren't you?" Steel said sarcastically. "Geez, you don't have to be so abrasive, it's like you hate the whole world or something." Crap, I'm speaking in this way again, not good for a first impression although I feel that it there wouldn't be much of a difference even if I wasn't talking like that. He thought to himself afterwards.

Setsuko shook her head in annoyance. First he approached her to inquire what she was obviously doing. Then, when informed, he took to insult her, as if that would shift her opinion towards him. What an idiot. Her eyes met his with a glare. "The world is fine. Its inhabitants, on the other hand, not so much." Based on her tone, her frustration was rather apparent, even if it was masked by the coldness.

"And is there something wrong with being alone?" Setsuko smugly asked, though there wasn't a single answer that would change her already degraded opinion of this man, no, boy who chose to approach her. "You saying that only further insults me." She said. So many people justified approaching someone alone by bringing up the fact that they must be lonely. That isn't always true at all.

"Okay, so I'm not very good with words." Steel said mainly to himself. Geez, is there anything I can say that won't make her think of me lower than a cockroach? He thought to himself. "Sorry for saying that earlier. Usually being alone myself, I already know that it isn't always lonely being on your own. In fact, I prefer it sometimes. However, I also believe that there isn't anything wrong with being with others and trying to get to know them." It was then he just realized 3 wolves had surrounded them while they were focused on each other. "Looks like we've got company." Steel said before drawing his sword. "I know you don't like me very much but can you at least help me fight these things?"

Setsuko shook her head in annoyance at the ignorance of her new acquaintance, if he could even be called an acquaintance. "You're really bad at this, aren't you?" Her words came out seemingly heartless as she gripped the hilt of her blade and drew it from its sheath. As always, the air around the perfect weapon grew cold. Three wolves had surrounded them as this man wasted her time. I should have just walked away before you even attempted to justify yourself. It wasn't like they would be much of a problem, though. "Whatever." She replied to his asking for help.

"You make the first move." Setsuko demanded, wanting to see if the boy could at least fight well.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 15/15

Steel: 11/11

ENEMIES

Wolf #1: 6/6

Wolf #2: 6/6

Wolf #3: 6/6

While Steel had attacked one of the wolves, the other two had began circling her. Setsuko did her best to remain turning, so that none of them would get behind her. With a howl, one of the beasts jumped at her, which she stopped relatively easily with her rapier. Before she could turn to stop the other, which had used the moment to leap at her, it bit into her shoulder. Damn it! She winced, feeling the teeth shred through her skin. Like that, two points of damage had been dealt to her.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 13/15

Steel: 13/13

BD: 5

DMG: 0 (Miss)

ENEMIES

Wolf #1: 4/6

Wolf #2: 6/6

Wolf #3: 6/6

Crap, she got hurt! Steel thought before activating the skill Rage Spike so he could quickly hit the wolf that bit Setsuko away, dealing to it two damage. "You okay there Ice Princess?" Steel asked Setsuko as he went back to back with her so that the wolves wouldn't be able to launch a surprise attack on them so easily.

Steel 13/13

Setsuko 13/15

Wolf 1 4/6

Wolf 2 4/6

Wolf 3 6/6

Setsuko ignored her companion's idiotic question, mostly because she couldn't believe he was calling her Ice Princess. Obviously he had to be referring to the chills her blade sent around, but it was nevertheless obnoxious. Still, her back founds its way against his, and the two circled as the wolves circled them. One of the wolves, the one she had deflected, was still untouched. Not for long, dog.

As if it had read her mind, it leapt at her once again. This time, before it could reach her, she sent three successive thrusts at the wolf. Two of those strikes pierced directly through its eyes, while the third found its way into its mouth. Within its mouth, Setsuko used the edge of the rapier to cut upwards through its back. With a screech of pain, the wolf shattered, and Setsuko withdrew her arm back at the ready for the other two creatures.

PLAYERS

Steel: 13/13

BD: 10

DMG: 1 (OHR: R1) + 1 (Hit) + 2 (PERFECT CRITICAL) + 2 (Frostbite +2 DMG) = 6

ENEMIES

Wolf #1: 4/6

Wolf #2: 4/6

Wolf #3: 0/6 (DEAD)

After her 'partner' was bitten by the first wolf, the second also charged towards him and jumped into the air, seemingly aiming for his throat. Setsuko, having been protected once by the boy, shoved him, making sure not to push him to the ground, and elbowed the wolf's face, knocking it back. Before it could recover, she jabbed it multiple times in the side with her blade, causing it to shatter as its HP hit zero.

PLAYERS

Steel: 12/13

BD: 7

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHR: R1) + 2 (Frostbite +2DMG) = 4

ENEMIES

Wolf #1: 2/6

Wolf #2: 0/6 (DEAD)

Seeing how Setsuko had landed the finishing blow on both of its companions, the remaining wolf followed its programming and charged at Setsuko. But because of Steel attracting its attention at the last second, the wolf missed Setsuko and began to head after Steel.

PLAYERS

ENEMIES

Idiot! Setsuko watched as her partner attempted to distract the wolf. What she also noticed, was that its teeth were glowing blue. It's a critical strike! She couldn't believe that such a weak creature was able to even land critical strikes. With a burst of speed, she sprinted between Steel and the wolf. The wolf had already been in midair before she pointed the tip of her rapier towards it, and landed its critical bite directly into her neck. Shaking, she managed to get the beast to release its grip, but not before losing several life points in the meantime. Her left-hand placed pressure on her neck, hoping to relieve some of the pain.

"Finish it off, you moron!"

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 8/15

BD: 1 (Critical Miss)

DMG: 0 (Miss)

ENEMIES

Crap, I made a mistake and got someone else hurt. Steel thought with regret as he stood in between Setsuko and the wolf, seeing how it was ready to strike again. Both the wolf and Steel charged at the same time, the rush of battle caused Steel's battle instincts to activate, calming him down and he was now able to read the situation much more clearly. Checkmate Wolf He thought to himself before he unleashed an attack almost too quick to see, causing the Wolf to shatter into data bits. Steel then turned to Setsuko. "I'm sorry for the mistake I made in battle which caused you to get hurt." He said apologetically.