Repeatable Earning a living? Whats the point?

What Do you guys think?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What Do you guys think?

• Yes, The idea is perfect
    • Yes, If not this at least something needs to be done (POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS)
    • No, I don't want people to get any materials for completing the Earning a Living quest (POST YOUR REASONING)

At the moment, Earning a living is repeatable but doesn't give the LD of mats on the last post like the first completion of the quest.

This needs to change as its literally a basic RP, that's harder to approve/lock yet yields no benefits compared to a basic RP.

I propose at the vary least 5 free mats at the completion, giving it some reward for being a more difficult to complete Basic RP.

Edit: Confused by the No and Yes if not this, with no suggestions I would count these as Invalid as no useful feedback was given, or reasoning explained. You got to state your arguments people so I know why you don't like the idea, so I'm going to assume the No's are "Just because."

I totally support this. Seeing as how Earning a Living is already very vague and hard to work on to begin with, yielding more mats would help. It gives us something to work for. And plus, finding some adverse way to get the profession is always tough too...

At the moment, Earning a living is repeatable but doesn't give the LD of mats on the last post like the first completion of the quest.

This needs to change as its literally a basic RP, that's harder to approve/lock yet yields no benefits compared to a basic RP.

I propose at the vary least 5 free mats at the completion, giving it some reward for being a more difficult to complete Basic RP.

I might just be reading this wrong, but I'm confused as to what your trying to say. Are you trying to say you get at least five mats at the completion, plus whatever the loot die roles? Or just the five free mats? How does it currently work when you repeat it?

Seeing as how Earning a Living is already very vague and hard to work on to begin with, yielding more mats would help.

I definitely do agree that the quest is very vague. I was pretty confused as to what to even write about at first, until I just read other's roleplays and saw that there really was no limitations on what to write about, as long as their was detail. As such, I propose a bit more background for the quest, giving new players more of an idea as to what they are to do. There could also be a separation between between <> and the repeatable mats quest, with <> finely detailing how one goes about earning a profession, and the repeatable mats quest being more broad, allowing the writer more lenience.

Just to reword it, in case I wasn't clear: reword <>. Make the quest specifically for earning your profession, making sure to give the guidelines for the quest great detail, as its a quest that should be done in the beginning, and players may have trouble deciphering the actual goal of the quest. Still allow players to gain mats at the end of it. Once <> is complete, they can use a different quest for repeatable mats. I know that people have been using <> as a repeat for a long time, but still.

That's just my two cents. Most MMORPGs have a very straight-forward way of getting a profession, with some making you do a quest prior. Receiving mats, on the other hand, is something you can do while exploring the world. Just using World of Warcraft as an example, all you need to do to gain your profession is talk to the trainer. After that, you're free to gather mats however you please.

But yeah, confusion is bad.

I might just be reading this wrong, but I'm confused as to what your trying to say. Are you trying to say you get at least five mats at the completion, plus whatever the loot die roles? Or just the five free mats? How does it currently work when you repeat it?

When repeating the Earning a living mission, you get nothing based on the LD. Only the first time completing does the Final LD do anything. This would make Repeated Earning a livings at least give you 5 more materials (the equivalent of rolling a 5 LD in the first mission) to what dropped during the mission.

The repeated Earning a Living at the moment only requires that you fulfill any requirements you have the NPC tell you to do and has to be 20+ posts, which in itself isn't to terrible.

When repeating the Earning a living mission, you get nothing based on the LD. Only the first time completing does the Final LD do anything. This would make Repeated Earning a livings at least give you 5 more materials (the equivalent of rolling a 5 LD in the first mission) to what dropped during the mission.

The repeated Earning a Living at the moment only requires that you fulfill any requirements you have the NPC tell you to do and has to be 20+ posts, which in itself isn't to terrible.

How do you get mats on repeat quests, then? Is it just randomly decided?

You get them just like a normal RP there is no bonus for repeats that's what this poll is for, to change that. So you gain mats in the Earning a living (repeat) just like a normal RP using the loot system. There is no materials gained for completion.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. xD I understand now, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well, in that case, I agree. It's meaningless to repeat a quest when you could just have a normal RP.

Aye, same here, I would like this to be done, I would like to constantly gain mats each time I under took the quest. If not then all I can say is that this misson is a waste of time for eveyone here, and should not be a repeatable quest more along the lines of a single use quest. This is something someone should have incorporated along time ago.