A Glittering Bounty - Gildebrand's Journal

1D550A71-F426-4446-9F70-E1E0DB8D3C09.jpeg.bb6c4505fb3438b2053ad36b6f1d8f10.jpeg<<Profile>>

Description: Keira has fair skin that is relatively unblemished, with a natural sprinkling of freckles on her checks and nose. Her eyes a warm, hazel color that seems to shift shades depending on the light. Her hair is a wavy red that she often keeps pulled back in a ponytail. She is of average height, and has a lean athletic build. She is toned and fit but not overly muscled.
Username: Gildebrand (pronounced Gill-deh-brand)
Legal Name: Keria MacAllister
Origin: Glasgow, Scotland
Height: 160 cm (Roughly 5' 3")
Weight: 61.5 kg (Roughly 136 lbs)

<< Personality & Some History >>

(I'm stilling ironing out the finer details, bear with me)

- - In-Character - -

Spoiler

"Wait, haud on, whit the bloody hell do you think you're doin'? Marchin' in here like you own the place, and just gawkin' at whatever yer greedy eyes desire, eh? You know how this looks, don't ya? Peerin' into a young woman's private history? Ye wee pervie. Pff... Ha! Ye should have seen yer face, all red and such. Ahh… Couldn't resist. I'm Keira, but here I usually go by 'Brand' or 'Gildebrand' if ye're really set on the name. As ye can tell, I'm no' one fer formalities. Nice tae meet ye, I suppose ye wanna hear my story?

I come from a small family in Glasgow. My ma's Scottish, and my da's Irish, so I've always felt a bit of a hybrid. Growing up, we never had much. My da was a drinker, and my ma worked hard tae keep a roof over our heads. She eventually left us when I was young, and it was just my da and me after that.

I always longed fer more, and I was determined tae make something of myself. I worked hard in school, and I was lucky enough tae get a scholarship tae a university in England. I left Glasgow behind, hoping tae make a new start and create a better life fer myself.

But things didn't go as planned. I got caught up in the party scene and ended up dropping out of university. I returned tae Glasgow, feeling defeated and lost. I didn't know what tae do with my life.

That's when I stumbled upon the video game. I had always been a fan of MMORPGs, and this one promised tae be the ultimate experience. The Japanese called the fabled thing "Sword Art Online". I figured, why not? I had nothing else going on.

But little did I know, the game was more than just a game. It was a trap. Now, I'm stuck in this virtual world with tens of thousands of others, fighting fer me bloody life and trying tae find a way out. I had done some awful things justifying me actions as "survival", and I regret what I’d done now that the dust had settled. Fer better or fer worse, I am not the same as the person who was trapped here two years ago.

That's my story. It's not a glamorous one, but it's mine. I hope ye enjoyed hearing it. Now, if ye have any sense, ye'll return my journal tae me fer come after ye. Dinnae think I won't."

- - Backstory - -

Spoiler

Keira was born and raised in the bustling city of Glasgow, Scotland alongside her younger brother. Growing up, her family wasn't wealthy, but they made do with what they had, and the bond she shared with her little brother was next to inseparable.

From a young age, Keira was known for her bold and adventurous nature. She was always asking questions and exploring her surroundings. She had a particular phase where she would take dares to do anything, just to prove to her fellow classmates that she was fearless and cool like all the heroes in books and movies. Which is how she ended up with a scar just about her right temple after she fell out of a window. 

Things got rough for the family when the father began to drink a little more than usual and began to get mad a little more than usual, and when Keira was just ten years old her mother had had enough and decided to leave her father, taking Keira and her younger brother with her who she scarcely see.

Her secondary school experience was rocky at best. She struggled to focus in class and often found herself daydreaming or getting into trouble for talking out of turn. Despite her intelligence, her grades suffered as a result. She often felt overshadowed by her more academically inclined classmates and struggled with feelings of inadequacy. She compensated by trying to be the life of the party, cracking jokes and making friends wherever she went. This sometimes got her into even more trouble, but she found solace in the attention and acceptance it brought her.

When it was time for Keria to get some higher education, she was accepted into a small university to earn a degree in psychology and with a minor in economics. She was thrilled at the opportunity and threw herself into her studies. However, Keira found it difficult to balance her school work with her social life. She often found herself staying out late partying with her friends and neglecting her responsibilities.

As a result, Keira ended up failing a number of her courses and was eventually forced to drop out of university. She couldn’t bear the shame of asking her father for help, and so feeling defeated and uncertain about her future, she asked her friends for aid and couch surfed for a few months trying to figure out what to do.

She fell into a temporary depression brought on by failing her own and her family's expectations for her. It was here that she began to play video games, not as entertainment, but as an escape from all the problems that troubled her. She went by the name “Gildebrand”, which was a blend of the words “Gilded” for engraved by gold and “Brand” for mark or seal. Keira at some point during her spiral learned about the Nerve Gear console that was soon to release, and was hooked instantly. By this time she was an accountant working for a minor consulting service company, and had saved up enough to afford the headset.

Keira logged on alone, and was completely engrossed by the world for the first few hours.

-- In-Game History--

When she was trapped in the world, she ended up denying that it happened so much that she thought she was dreaming, and narrowly got herself killed. Some time later she began to make some money buying goods at one village on one floor, and selling it at a markup in another town on another floor where there was increased demand. Raw materials and food proved to be the most reliable but not very profitable, while luxury items were risky and very profitable.

She ended up taking a huge risk, she heard two rumors: There was a sky high demand for luxury items like silk and jewelry, and conveniently at the same time, the fourth floor boss was defeated paving the way to the fifth floor, one of desert nature. One of the towns she heard of, Saharda, was rumored to have a sustainable market of silks sold by NPC merchants. Keira was so sure she would be the first to jump on this opportunity, that she went to a trade guild, and requested a loan and what she planned to do with it. They agreed to lend her roughly 55,000 col for the product, and she went as soon as she could.

When she arrived she bought as much a silk as she could, evading bandits, and making it finally to floor one, but when Keira returned, she found that the trade guild had double crossed her, sending plenty of their own traders to buy and sell the silk while she was busy negotiating the terms of the loan. Now, the silks she has are nearly worthless, and worse yet the guild expects the debt to be repaid. Something Keira will not do, and so they have elected to send debt collectors after her, chasing her from floor to floor.

That is her history and story so far.

<< Character Traits >>

Casual and Laid-back, approaching life with a carefree and easygoing attitude. Keira goes with the flow wherever it might take her. She has a surreal sense of humor with a particular fondness for terrible groan inducing jokes. Keira laughs at herself and the world around her, and tries her best to lighten the mood and make those around her feel more at ease. Though she may not show it, she does value her relationships and will work to maintain them. It should be noted that her laidback nature directly conflicts and dampens one of her character flaws, “Greed”.

“Och what in the bloody- why is everyone in such a skittish state? Aye, it's noble that ye're fightin' tae get us all outta this hellish place, but ye dinnae need tae make yerself miserable doin' it. Relax from time to time, would ye? Now come on, sit down and tell me yer story, yer lookin’ like ye have a good one.”

Open-Minded about most things, and far more willing to consider new ideas, perspectives, or viewpoints without prejudice or preconceptions. Keira is receptive to new information and is willing to listen to others even if their opinions differ from her own. In fact, she prefers being around those whose opinions differ from her own simply for the reason that conversation is far more interesting than talking to someone who believes what she does, so she seeks out folk from all walks of life, if you stand out from the crowd she will be interested in what you have to say.

"Aye, that's… that’s pure genius. Why dinnae I think o' that? That's why I keep ye around, ye know how tae think on yer feet."

A Lionheart in the fact of adversity, there is no way to advance or gain much in life without facing a few fears and obstacles. You can’t hide from or avoid it, it is coming eventually whether you like it or not. Keira understands this, and her logic is why wait for the storm to pass when you can dance in the rain. Every risk is an opportunity to improve yourself and gain ground in life, if you fail, you learn from it. Either way, it’s always a bargain.

"...fearless? Ha! No, no in a fight I’m bloody mortified, but I tell meself I either come out on top or it's suddenly no longer my concern. No point gettin' yerself in a state o'er it.”

Greedy and Selfish, at first glance she seeks financial and material success and the status associated with it, but that simply isn’t true. Keira acts the way she does not for the money or status, but instead out of feelings of insecurity and inadequacy. She believes that she needs to succeed at any cost to prove to her worth and value, leading her to make selfish decisions in the pursuit of success. In the end, she wants to mean something, although she goes about getting that meaning in a way that will never make her truly happy.

"Greedy? Me? Naw, I have high standards and I'll no' settle for less, it's called ambition.

Stingy and Closefisted with her money, Keira is unwilling to share her belongings and is hesitant to lend out her possessions or give gifts to others. Another thing to note is her frugality with money and is less likely to buy things and spend it unless absolutely necessary, when she does spend money she is careful about her purchase and haggles for the best possible price. 

"Aye, thirty pieces? I was thinkin' more twenty-four or twenty-five, like."

Distrustful of those around her, particularly in regards to matters of business and finance. She has learned to be cautious and to always have a backup plan, as she has been burnt by a particular trade guild who sent orange players to collect a debt from her. Because of this, she is far less likely to trust new people, and is reluctant to seek or accept help from strangers as she doesn’t want any more debts or close encounters with unsavory people.

“Dinnae fret it, it's no' personal, I just cannae trust ye is all.”

<< Skills & Stats >>

Level: 1 | HP: 20 | Energy: 2 | Unused Skill Points: 5 | Total Skill Points: 5

<< Combat >>

<< Weapon Skills >> << Non-Combat >> << Passive >>
Gone Empty Nothing Zero

<< Inventory >>

(Support Package Chosen)

Rusty Pike [Vanity Quality Two-Handed Assault Spear] <<Starting Equipment>> 

Starter Armor  [Vantity Quality Armor] <<Starting Equipment>>        
Tier 1 Materials (25x)        
Starter Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP] (x3)        
Col (x2500)        

Weapons/Tools: (WIP, formatting gonna happen later)

Rusty Pike

<< Roleplays >>

Spoiler
<< Title >> << Status >> << Log >>

Into the Unknown <<The First Lesson>>

Active RP Incomplete
N/A N/A N/A

<< Relationships >>

(WIP - Will be developed more later when I need to use it)

Friendly:

Nope

Neutral:

Sorry

Hostile:

Nothing

Story So Far: 

Oi I just got here, come back later, yea? This is also a WIP, better formatting soon to come...

Edited by Gildebrand
Whole Bunch of Formatting