[PP|F01] Social Anxiety <<First Lessons>>

<<The First Lessons Are Free>>

After being pulled over by a random NPC, Ichika looked at the quest window open in front of the potion shop. Getting through conversation with even a computer generated program was difficult for her. Her usual party of players were not with her today since they already had completed the quest ahead of her. They had all decided they wanted to start leveling in the game but she was nervous. Having fallen behind, she realized that if she didn't catch up to them she might one day be left behind... or even worse.

Yet even with that conviction, why could she not muster the strength to go and speak with the NPC, Zackariah? The fear of stepping outside the safety of town? No, it was definitely the talking. Every time she knew she'd have to speak with someone else, her body got cold and shook with just simple thoughts. So there she stood, in quite the pickle. Too afraid to be left behind by her friends, yet too afraid to follow them.

"Why can't I just activate the next part of the quest without having to talk to the NPCs..." The girl muttered looking into the alchemy shop wondering if she could skip his dialogue, or maybe just step inside real quick and that would activate the next part of the quest. Shaking in place, she continued to try and get that courage to continue if it was even possible.

Spoiler

Yokai,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: None
Armor: None
Misc: None

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Addons:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions x3

"You know they're not real, right?"

A voice calls out from across the road. There stood a young man, no taller than five feet, ten inches in height. His hair was a snowy white that flowed down to the ends of his ears, and his eyes only slightly pigmented in a yellow-green tone. He had noticed the young woman's apprehension, and decided to wait there for a moment to see what she might do, even going as far as to offer her a little wave if she were to turn around. In truth, he felt a little sorry for the young girl. She couldn't have been much older than his sister back home. Maybe this is why he felt the need to stop, and say something.

"Have you ever even started a quest before? I don't want to sound rude, but.. you look a little under-equipped. I mean, you've got all your starter equipment on, right?"

image.png.618c169f0a604538a18e86f812fc4199.png
  Hide contents

Enryu
| HP: 120 | EN: 30 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 |  MIT: 15 | KEEN: 1 |

[Equipment]

• Sword of Silver | OHSS | Perfect | T1
       [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC ]
       [ Damage II | +2 DMG ]
  • Black Padded Gambeson | LA | Uncommon | T1
       [ Evasion I | +1 EVA ] 
  • Silver Crucifix Pendant | TRNKT | Perfect | T1
       [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
       [ Keen I | +1 BD after a successful attack ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Healing Potion x2 | T1
       Instantly recover 40 HP. Destroy upon use.
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Hide contents

Skills List:

1. One-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 2/5
  2. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  3. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5

Consumed Buffs

Hide contents

No Consumed Buffs in effect

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents

No Misc. Buffs in effect

Sword Arts

Hide contents

Rank 1

Slant (4 Energy) (x4) (ST-I)
     A single target diagonal slash capable of bisecting a player in two. 

Whirlwind (1 + [2* targets] Energy) (x3) (AOE-I)
     An area of effect swing that circles the player, slashing a full three-sixty degrees.

Sharp Nail (5 Energy) (4x) (Stun) (TECH-A)
     A consecutive three hit combo that repeatedly leaves the enemy dazed, and
     unprepared for the next strike.

Rank 2

Twin Fang (6 Energy) (6x) (ST-I)

A single target slash that strikes the enemy twice in one fluid motion.

Vorpal Lance (5 + [2 * targets] Energy) (5x) (AOE-I)
     An area of effect lunge capable of skewering multiple enemies on the tip of it's
     blade.

Silver Fang (7 Energy) (6x) (Stun) (TECH-A)
     A sudden silver slash that gives off the illusion of stretching past the blade's
     previously believed reach.

"That woman sure drives a hard bargain..." Sorun muttered to himself. Yona sent him to become more experienced by partying up with players "more his level", "more his speed", or maybe other things of the like. However, he'd been searching for what felt like two hours for any aspiring nooblets to help out, but nobody at his level that he'd found was willing to step out. With a deep sigh, he continued on, wondering if anyone else might be willing to carry him through something because he couldn't find anyone willing to step out...maybe in the market districts in the Town of Beginnings might have someone there, willing to accept another party member.

In front of a shop, a young pink haired girl was looking towards the door of the building, shaking in place. Some white haired dude then walked up to her, first asking if the girl knew the NPCs weren't real.

Seriously?

If this game was meant to be lifelike, friendly NPCs might have the necessary reactions programmed in to behave as though they were real people, and it would be especially true for more important or special NPCs. "Not that you're wrong or anything, have you considered being a bit more sensitive?" Sorun asked the white haired player as he walked over.

"If those NPCs could understand what you said about them, they'd be real upset." He noted casually. "I don't blame you if you thought they wouldn't, of course, so many games where they weren't much, a much more lifelike world could take some getting used to." 

He then looked over to the pink haired girl. "Are you ok?" He asked her, tilting his head to the side slightly. "You look like you need some space."

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 1

HP: 20
Energy: 20
Base Damage: 7(BA Rank 1[3], Slayer Axe[3])
Mitigation: 6(Nomad's Garb)
Accuracy: 3(Amber)
Evasion: 0

Additional conditions:

[None Yet]

Skills:

Battle Axe Rank 1(4 SP)

Equipment:

[T1]Slayer Axe(Axe, 3 DMG)[Equipped]

[T1]Nomad's Garb(Cloth Armor, Mitigation, 2 Evasion)[Equipped]

[T1]Amber(3 ACC)[Equipped]

Consumables: