Dice Improvements

I think that when you roll a die, there should be something that tells you what happens. For example, if I roll a 10 on the attack die, next to where the 10 is should say "critical +2". This would also apply to loot Doce and crafting dice. not only would it negate the use of referring to the site rules post all the time (for the forgetful people such as me), it would help new players get used to the system. Although, there should be an option to remove it.

Well, we have posted all of this information in the tutorial section of the forum, which is a highly recommended section to go to if you have just joined the site. The section was added so players will reference it in case changes are made as well. If a player doesn't know how the dice system works after that then feel free to ask a GM.

Also, the problem with that would be then that the text would be far too extended per post for the dice.

However, feel free to post a poll and see what the public thinks of your idea.

I think that when you roll a die, there should be something that tells you what happens. For example, if I roll a 10 on the attack die, next to where the 10 is should say "critical +2". This would also apply to loot Doce and crafting dice. not only would it negate the use of referring to the site rules post all the time (for the forgetful people such as me), it would help new players get used to the system. Although, there should be an option to remove it.

Obviously a system like this would be awesome. The main reason it probably doesn't exist is because this is a forum, not a video game. There are technical limitations. A full fledged combat system would be a lot of work in itself. Then finding a way to integrate it with the current forums is another huge task. There are many modifiers for combat, if the BD is to be accurate in describing its effects it would have to know and take into account all the modifiers as well. Normally a player hits on a 6+, so its easy enough to have the BD say "HIT" on anything that is 6+. But what if you have +1 accuracy? The BD would still say "MISS" for a 5. Which puts us back exactly to where we are now, that is players having to know the mechanics.

The amount of work that it would take to have the BD keep track of equipment, buffs, consumables, debuffs - any and all modifers is literally building the core combat system for any RPG video game.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say sao-rpg doesn't have the resources to pull this off right now. It is a good suggestion though! :)