[F01 - PP] "A Body in Motion" <<The First Lesson>>

Salem's hand reached to remove a bulbous purple flower from the corner of the cottage's foundation. Momentary pause soon gave way to a triumphant alert.

ALL ITEMS GATHERED!    

The translucent notification quickly faded, its fleeting congratulations immediately curtailed by a reminder to return to the quest-giver.

"That was remarkably tedious for an introductory quest.", he commented dryly as a hand waved to dismiss the menu.

"Yeah -- but they say it's necessary, I guess -- I don't know. Just one of those things you gotta slog through to get to the meat of this game."

That doesn't bode well for the rest of this hell.

"Come on!", yelled Elora with a slap to his shoulder, "Let's get this shit back so you can start killing dragons and shit. Actually -- it's probably the baby pigs next. Don't worry, they deserve death --", she was sure to console him.

"Right...", he feigned his agreement. Should I be concerned?

Spoiler

ID: 214587 LD14 Success (5/5 Materials Found)

Edited by SaIem
  • 7 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The two gradually made their way through the dew-covered fields and back to the Town of Beginnings. Fireflies and the low-hanging moon lit their path, making the arduous trek seem much shorter than their hike outward. The village's chatter had subsided into a dull murmur as many of the occupants retired for the night or stuffed their faces with a well-earned meal.

"There's something I want you to have.", she interrupted their quiet walk with an offer, "You should have the opportunity to stay where you want, to really begin to form your life here." Her fingers raced to initiate a protocol a, as if a moment's pause would be enough to smother her intentions. "Money's scarce when you're starting out -- and you shouldn't have to grind to be able to choose."

A shimmering chime welcomed the message on her companion's HUD.

Elora transferred 50,000 col to SaIem     

"Get out of the Hummingbard and find someplace you can call home."

Edited by Elora
Posted (edited)

Salem stared at the notification, blinking a few times before giving a slight bow to Elora. I have no idea how much this 'col' will get me, but "Thank you.", he said anyway, "If this is enough to move out of the inn, I appreciate your generosity." Thoughhe continued to speculate, I'm not sure she can afford to hand out this much currency to every player she encounters.

"Let's get this quest finished.", he ushered them to return to the NPC's establishment. Zackariah greeted them cordially, his attitude still optimistic in the odd hours of evening. After being prompted to cast all the materials he'd gathered into a large cauldron, Salem had successfully crafted his first consumable item. The potion was lackluster in appearance, its off-green contents sloshing carelessly through the walls of a simple glass bottle.

"That healing potion could help you in the next leg, but it's been a long day.", stated Elora. "I'd recommend getting some shut eye -- and some daylight -- before initiating your first fight." 

She gave him a curt wave before saying her goodbyes, "Message if you need me, otherwise, good luck."

Salem nodded as the woman slinked out from the shop and into the cool night. Now, to find a place to crash.

Spoiler

ID# 220445, CD4

(1) Uncommon healing potion crafted

Thread Summary

Elora recieves:

2317 EXP (Word Count [8,277/10*4*0.7])

Salem recieves:

1029 EXP (Word Count [8,277/10*1*0.7] + Quest [450])

• 500 Col (+50,000 from Elora)
  • 5 materials
  • An Assortment of Potions:
    • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
    • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
    • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
    • (1) T1 Health Potion (Uncommon)
Edited by SaIem