[F22-PP] Unknown... (Making Vows)

Ping, Ping, Ping...

Messages from Simmonè were blowing up her HUD. Sam hadn't been to the shop for weeks. Spending most of her days just wondering the fields around the guild hall. For now, sitting in her bed, sheets pulled up staring at the band in her hands. I really don't want to wait, but this has to be perfect recalling a memory just weeks after the last floor boss had been dealt with. "Why does she want to go..." Gripping that band in fists pulled up to her lips. Tears dripping down her face, "Why won't she listen..." sniffling, Sam knew that Kat was going to be here soon. For months now there has been no talking between the two, mainly because of Sam. Being so pissed off at Kat that she was afraid to say anything, not wanted to say something that wasn't meant. Sheets drentched in old tears, everynight for months now when Kat was not around. 

Why was she so mad at her, Sam should be supporting her not pushing her away... Dropping the blanket a sudden realization. This was the same argument that they had when Sam joined the last raid. "Oh god... What have I done..." Getting up from the bed and quickly running across the floor and right into the door frame of the bedroom. Catching herself as to not fall, scampering toward the kitchen. Rapidly going through the pantry, opening up her HUD to check the time. Sam had an hour before Kat would get home. Grabbing the rice, setting it on the counter. Getting into the fridge, grabbing eggs and a few other things. It had been a while since she had cooked for Kat, she was rusty. Starting to run hot water over the frozen pork to thaw it out. 

Sam has given the silent treatment to Kat all because what? She wanted to fight and help get out of this place. The more people that joined the raids the faster it would be over, the sooner they could get home and join eachother in the real world. That is what Kat and Sam wanted the entire time. Sam couldn't shake the feeling that she might lose the love of her life but she didn't want to dump Kat's comfidence in thoughts that it would effect the way that she fought in the Raid. That feeling of not wanting to live anymore because there was nothing left to live for. Sam didn't want to be the reason why Kat didn't try... 

Panic raced over Samantha trying to get this meal done before Katoka got home...

Time passed by and there was 15 minutes left on the counter down. Setting the plates across the table and three lit candles as center pieces that smelt like Kat's favorite flower. A bottle of expensive wine with two glasses. Katsudon set in the dish it was made in on the dark wood table. Sitting there on the sofa waiting for her love to walk through the door. Fear that Kat wouldn't forgive her or even not want to marry her any more came into mind. Tears start to run down Sam's cheeks again as she waits...

Sam | HP: 820/820 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 4 | AA | PHASE | REC: 8

Spoiler

Sam,
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 45
HP: 820/820
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
Loot Dice: 4
AA
PHASE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Oracle's Watch - Inquiry (THBA-T4-Demonic): Absolute Accuracy, Accuracy 2, Phase
Armor: Acolyte's Light (T4-Perfect-Cloth Armor): Evasion 1, Recovery 2
Misc: Gold Promise - Din's Flame (T1/Perfect):Accuracy 1, Evasion 2

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Trickster)
Tracking
Athletics
Blindside

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Hiding R5
Concentration

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Analyst's Harvester - Lethargy (THBA-T4-Demonic): Envenom 1, Bleed 1, Frostbite 1, Static 1 x1
Hellish Bottomless-Pit of Curry +2 ACC Feast x

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (-): +1 Rank to the - skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [(Potted Tanabata)]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Sam

Anxiety at away at Kat's insides. It felt like some sort of beast was trying to claw it's way from her stomach, fit to burst from her at any moment. She had spent the day on her shop, finishing up last minute potions that they might need for the raid. That and trying to avoid another fight, or more forced silence. She didn't know how much more of it she could take before she--

No, she wouldn't let it get that far. She as going over to Sam's house tonight, if it was another quiet filled evening she would just go home. Katoka didn't understand why Sam was so mad at her. Sam participated in raids, why couldn't Kat? She was stronger now. Faster. She could hold her own in a fight and not be scared like she used to be. Freyd told her she was ready and she believed him. Did Sam not thing she was strong enough?

Kat put the last of her things away before she left her shop, walking slowly to Sam's while staring at her feet. She wasn't going to back down, she was going to the raid. She needed Same to know that she wasn't a fragile piece of glass. She was a warrior. A fighter. A Samurai. She wanted to prove herself able to hold her own on the frontlines.

Kat hadn't realized it but she was already standing on the front steps to Sam's house. She bit her lip before taking a deep breath and then opening the door to step inside. "I'm home." she called out shyly, not eager to bring too much attention to herself. The smell of food hit her first, had she made? Kat shut the door and made her way to the dining area as her stomach growled from hunger this time. "Sam?"

----

Katoka | HP: 720/720 | EN: 106/106 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 5 | BH: 31 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40

Spoiler

Katoka, The Cerulean Storm
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 12
HP: 720/720
EN: 106/106

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 5
Battle Healing: 31
AA
BLGT: 32
P.V.O
REC: 8
STK: 40

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Raijin's Corruption | T4/Demonic/Katana | Abs.Acc, Blight, Para.Ven (off), Static
Armor: Oni Haori | T4/Demonic/Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 2
Misc: Aquamarine | T4 Demonic Trinket | ACC III, EVA I

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Battle Healing R4
Katana R5
Light Armor R5
Energist

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Vengeful Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Resolve
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Concentration
Parry
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Starter Healing Potion x3

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +5% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

It was dark in the house and all the lit the surrounding area was the candles set on the table. Kat walked past her sitting on the couch, it was obvious that she wasn't seen. "I was stupid," pausing and getting up from where she was planted. Not looking directly at Kat, "I know why I was so mad now." Sitting at one of the chairs as her love's face glows within the low lit light. "I didn't want you to join the raid because I almost died in the last one." Remembering her health getting too low for comfort, "I didn't want to see the same fate for you." Hearing a stomach growl that wasn't hers this time. "I see now that no matter what, you will be joining this raid," starting to cut a portion away to place on the plate. 

"I have been giving you the silent treatment for months now and it isn't fair," cutting another potion out and placing it on another plate. Grabbing the bottle of wine, popping the cork of the cap. "This is a repeat conversation when I decided to join the frontline last floor raid..." pausing there, pouring the ldeep red liquid into two glasses. "You told me that you didn't want me to go but it was okay that I did because you believed that I would come back to you." Tiny streaks of smoke fly up from the shifting flames, wax drips down slowly onto the table where they sat. Taking a deap breath a wipping her tears with her sleeve. "I have been pushing you away because I thought it would be easier if I did that now then to not ever see you come home to me again..." Sniffling saying this as her voice crackles under tone.

"I was trying so hard to think of ways to let you down easy so that I didn't get hurt, but everytime I thought about breaking it off it hurt worse," full fledge waterfall causing her clothing to become soaked. Sam gets on her knees in front of Kat now, head resting on Katoka's hip. "I can't live without Kitty Kat, i should have been cheering you on, not doing what I was doing." Wrapping her arms around Kat's waist now, "I am so sorry that I made you feel any different, please..." Sniffling gripping her tighter, "Please forgive me my tiny little rose samuri. Please..." nuzzling her head against Kat's tummy, "Please forgive me, I'm sorry," Sam just keeps repeating sorry in the smallest voice.

Kat listened as Sam talked, letting her say what she needed to because she knew that Sam had to get it off her chest, and because she wanted to hear what she had to say. When she had finally finished and wrapped herself around her waist, Katoka pet her head as she cried. Her emotions were in an uproar, jumping around from one thing to the next, but she remained quiet as she took a deep breath and exhaled. "You should know by now that I know just as well as anyone how it feels for someone you love to take a great risk with their life on the regular."

Kat placed a hand under her chin to lift up her face so that she could look at her while she spoke, "I know how hard it is. It hurts you, deep inside. But you shouldn't have kept that from me. You know that you can talk to me about these things." She grabbed at the front of her own clothing over her heart, balling it in a fist, "It hurts me that you would keep that from me. That you felt that the only way you could deal with your own pain was to push me away and not talk to me."

The blonde felt her eyes well up and her voice began to waver despite her trying to feel as strong as possible. "When you love someone and you make a promise to marry them you don't push them away because you're scared to lose them. That's a part of being together. A piece of being partners. You work through things together." She shook her head as hot tears finally spilled down her cheeks. "You know I love you. And I want to forgive you, but it's going to take time."

Katoka pulled Sam to her feet so that they could look at each other, despite their noticeable height difference. "I need to know that you're going to be here when I come back, because I will be coming back from this fight. I don't want to come home and find that you've decided it's done. Especially not when you haven't made it up to me yet." She looked at the table of food, "This is a good start though. Let's eat."

Listening to the love of her life speak, Kat wasn't wrong about anything that was said. The minute the woman walked through the door, Sam was thinking the worst. Name calling, taking a break, hell even getting punched and she would have deserved every bit of it. Sam now realized that all that was speaking very low of her fiancé. "I have never loved someone before, I know that's no excuse, but it's true." Sitting at one of the chairs staring at the dish she rushed to make just hoping that it was good enough. "Everyday that I wasn't talking to you, I wanted so badly to say something, but didn't because I didn't want to worsen the tension that I caused." Picking up the chopsticks, moving some rice around on the plate. 

Sam's chest started to ache knowing that she had hurt the one that she promised never to hurt. "You have gotten stronger, there was never a moment that I didn't believe in you. I should have expressed that more and for that I am truly sorry." Sam's knees pull up to her chest, her heels resting on the edge of the chair with one arm wrapped around for balance. Eyeing her meal, suddenly not feeling much of an apatite which was normal these days for her. "I will spend every second of every minute of every day trying to make it up to you. To prove that I am worth the person that you fell in love with." They have been with one other for a while now, and it has always been ramped up to 11 since day one that Sam laid eyes on her. That first date was to the extreme and the best day of her life. It was a synergy that Samantha has never felt. Katoka knows everything about her, things that she has never told another living soul. Staring at the eggs as she moves the pork around the glass platter.

Setting the sticks down next to the plate, why... Why have they waited this long... They were suppose to have already been married by now, was said that after the last floor boss that they were going to walk down the isle... That was months ago before any of this happened... Closing her eyes, setting her hands on her lap... Taking a slow deep breath, every bone in her body was screaming at her to just do it, now was the time, before the next raid, before she walks out that door again... 

A hand goes into her inner pocket of her robe, "I will spend every day for the rest of my life proving how much I love you, ever then it would never be enough time" pulling out a tiny red velvet box, "We have waiting for far to long and I don't want to wait a moment longer to start our new life together," pushing herself off the chair and getting to one knee in front of Katoka. "My life began that first day I laid eyes on you," setting the tiny box in the palm of her left hand out reached toward her as she opens it with her right. "Please, Katsumi Kato, if you will still have me, marry me tonight." There was so much feeling going through her veins right now, terrified that Kat might ask to wait, or say no because of how bad Sam had hurt her. A small tear falls down her cheek, this is how she would start to make it up to the love of her life. No more waiting... 1935186990_KatokasWeddingRing.jpg.67a8c62c2854e6d409fc2a7de246a12e.jpg

(On the back on the heart it has -Katsumi Kato- engraved, the star had the words -My Forever- and on the moon -Love-. In complete it read -Katsumi Kato My Forever Love-)

Edited by Sam

"You don't have to spend every second of every minute trying to make it up to me you goof." Kat placed a hand on her cheek, "It's going to take time, patience my love." She sat down at the table as she listened to Sam speak. It had been the most she had said to her in so long that she wanted to listen. She ate a small amount of rice with her chopsticks and watched as Sam pushed her food around her plate. Things really had gone fast for them. From the time they fist met to now it had only been a few months and they were already engaged. It wasn't uncommon during times of war for couples to get married on the fly, and this was very similar. Two soldiers in a war for their lives, falling in love and marrying so they didn't have to die alone.

It made her stop to think, would their marriage last after this game? She closed her eyes and let that pass, that wouldn't matter now. They would have each other for as long as they needed one another. When she opened her eyes again Sam was on her knee in front of her, pulling out a ring box. Katoka felt her eyes fill with tears again, but not out of anger or sadness. Her hands shot up to cover her mouth and she held back a sob that almost escaped.

She nodded as she extended her left hand to Sam, "Yes Sam, let's finally do this."

A sigh of relief rolls over her entire being, Kat still wanted this as much as she did and it made her realize that this could be fixed. That damage she cause was redeemable, and whether Katoka wanted it or not, Sam was going to spoil the hell out of her. Taking the ring from the tiny box, setting the box on the table, Sam takes her left hand softly to her lips with a small kiss and places that ring on her finger. Grasping Kat's face in both her hands, gently pulling the woman into a kiss...

Overwhelming feeling that hasn't shown in some time came back to the surface, as her right hand slides on the back of her neck. God did she miss this feeling, after a few seconds Sam pulls away gazing into the watery eyes of the woman she loved most in the world. Sams right hand finds it way to the side of Kat's neck now as her thumb rubs softly against the cheek, her left does the same on the other side. A smile and in a soft voice, "You will be amazing in the raid, and you will come back to me for one simple reason..." pausing as she presses her forehead against her small little Samuri's eyes locked to hers. "So that we can live to see another day together, everyday, until we get out of this hell," stopping again, that heated, very welcoming feeling and she takes a soft breath. "I will travel a thousand miles just to see you again," closing her eyes. Sam presses her lips against Kat's forehead now, not want to disconnect but her stomach was now becoming hangry. 

Sam sits on the floor next to Kat's legs, reaching for her plate to eat. "We eat then we find the dude to marry us, don't worry about the cost. We invite a few people and be married by the morning." Taking a few bites of the pork, eating sorta quickly now not wanting to wait any longer. Excitement flows through as her dish was nearly gone in just a few minutes... Didn't really think about how hungry she actually was until now.  

As she at her food Kat couldn't stop stealing glances at her hand. The ring would catch her eye and it would surprise her as she wasn't used to the sight yet. Each time though a smile would touch her lips and she would stare at it for just a bit too long before going back to her meal. It was finally happening. This had been a long time coming after all. This time there wouldn't be anything that would stop them, nothing to distract them from their plans or make them push the event back.

Aside from no one coming.

Kat quickly finished the food in her mouth, "Sam, what if it's too late for them to all come? It's already so late tonight." She would be upset if Elora or Freyd couldn't make it right then. Plus the food? The clothing? What would they do on such short notice?

• 3 weeks later...

Sam had gotten up from the floor now, dish in hand, looking at her soon to be wife in full on panic mode. Sam simply smiles, "We will send the messages and even if one only shows, it will be the best damn night of our lives." Walking quickly to the sink and setting the dish in hot water, "I hope that they can come but it is late and we only have the day after tomorrow. I want you, and to me even if no one shows, being next to you in a dress that is only half as beautiful as you are is the only thing that matters to me." Sam wanted this to be perfect but it was looking like it was going to be okay at best but for her that was fine, while Kat was fighting for us to get out of this game, Sam would be preparing the most wonderful honey moon ever. That would be the perfect part, but to be honest, just being there with Kat, getting married, standing next to that podium was perfect enough for her. 

Can was almost done with her meal and after what her love said it got her thinking, "We do this tonight, with or without people there. You go off and save the world and everyone in it and I promise that I will have greatness waiting for you on the other side." Walking slowly to Kat now, a smile on her face as she takes whatever the lady was holding, setting in on the table and takes both her hands into her own. "And I know that you will come back to me, because you are one of the bravest most talented people I know. That strength will get you through anything Katoka and I know without a doubt that you will do amazing in the Frontline." Eyes locked on hers, "Believe in yourself like I belive in you," for a moment she lost in those eyes of hers, she really wanted to take Kat into the room, "Let us go get married..." pulling the love of her life up from the chair that she was sitting on and into her arms holding her in a hug. "I have a dress that might fit you. It may be sorta long but I think it would look better on you than me." It was something that Eruda had made a while back for her when she was first talking about getting married, it was short on Sam but given the size difference, it would look great on Kat. Holding her love in her arms, Sam didn't want to let go but she did after a few minutes. 

After letting Kat go and letting her finish her meal, Sam started to sent out messages. Tomorrow would be a new day, but a perfect day. Nothing was going to stop tonight from happening...