[F03 - PP] Attempting to save the <<Captured>>

Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift

Equipment:
Perfect Weapon: DMG | DMG | DMG
Perfect Light Armor: EVA | EVA | EVA
Perfect Jewellery: LD | LD | LD

Battle Ready Items:
5x Tier 3 Spicy Mala Snack each with 3 slots of MIT [+45 MIT]

Accumulated Exp, Col, Mat, Items
Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 8
Materials: 2

Available Sword Arts:
[x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14] AOE-II (14 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x12 + 4] TECH-A (13 + 3 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12 + 4] TECH-B (12 + 3 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

Randal teleported into the Town of Flora, the lush expanse of the third floor, where expansive plains and dense forests intertwined with winding rivers. Amazingly, the smell of delilahs from the numerous fields all around seemed to invade Randal's nostrils. The grandeur of the landscape, both tranquil and untamed, lay before him. The floor's round shape and mountainous border hinted at the challenges it held. As he ventured deeper, the ancient deciduous forests embraced him, transitioning into coniferous trees as they climbed the majestic mountains that stood guard.

The houses stood like a builder that quickly lost focus, all around were buildings that connected so tightly they might as well have been one. However, not even that much further the sea of roofs started to break like waves in an ocean. Slowly gaps appeared and had begun to disperse further out. To his surprise there were few Faune moving around. A far cry from that of Aruyt's bustling, almost cramped atmosphere.

Randal was here to take on the Field Boss that should be spawning. He hadn't heard of any adventurer's coming around to the third floor recently and was sure that he could at least test his skills against the boss. He had wanted to approach some of the locals for more information but the town of Flora was near deserted. He would have to make do with his search skill. As he walking squeezing and walking out from the center of town, he heard an alluring voice, far from the typically friendly voices of the Faune, he turns to find a Fae waving him down, almost desperately. Something about her voice was inviting, not cruel, but not innocent either.

"You're an adventurer aren't you, would you please help me?" Urgency was clear in her voice, her dark lime green hair waved about furiously as beads of sweat dripped from her chin to the floor.

"What's wrong?" Randal has some time to spare and he couldn't seem to resist finding out more about her.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:
4x Tier 3 Spicy Mala Snack each with 3 slots of MIT [+45 MIT]

Accumulated Exp, Col, Mat, Items
Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 8
Materials: 2

Available Sword Arts:
[x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14] AOE-II (14 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x12 + 4] TECH-A (13 + 3 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12 + 4] TECH-B (12 + 3 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

"My name is Issela and my son has been kidnapped by The Faultwarren Bandits!" She exclaimed! Met by my blank expression and clear confusion. She continued, "The Faultwarren Bandits have been attacking the people of Flora recently, no one knows why but they have kidnapped my son and are asking me for ransom, we can't afford it, please I have to ask for an adventurer's help."

"Sure, I'd love to help, maybe for a reward?" Randal probed forward, willing to help even if she said no, but he was not one to say to an opportunity to make more money. God knows that surviving in the world would not be cheap.

"That's perfectly understandable, I can't afford the ransom but I can give you 500 col for your help. Please?" She offered, pleading, nearly begging with tears in her eyes.

"Deal, what can you tell me about the Faultwarren Bandits, where can I find them and which way do I have to go?" A familiar ding notified me that the quest information had been updated. Issela directed me to a location somewhere in the Forest of the Wavering Mists.

Randal definitely came for the Field Boss of floor 3 but he had time to spare and the characters in the game felt extremely lifelike and time spent here, not treating them like people with feelings and meaning in their life was taxing on the brain. He was far easier to accept that their lives and stories were real, because it gave real meaning to the tasks that he would have to do.

He snaked his way out of the building maze and as the houses grew sparser, he knew he had entered the wilderness. 

Post Action - Foraging

While he was moving through the winding trails that zagged through the forest towards the fort in the Forest of Wavering Mists. Randal slowly gathered and picked up what materials he could find all around.

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
216453 1 12 14 9 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-21 23:53:12

Critical Foraging Success : Gained 2 materials and +8 exp

Free Action - Item Usage

While travelling, Randal spawned some delicious snacks and had a nice spicy meal to make the journey more enjoyable. The warmth definitely felt good against the humid cool environment of the overgrown jungle.

Spoiler

Ate one of his Spicy Mala Snacks for +45 MIT | 5 in backpack | Ate 1 | 4 Left

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 13
Materials: 3

Available Sword Arts:

As Randal drew into the clearing of the forest he saw in the distance, spires of cement, brick, and stone arched into the sky. "That must be the fort of the Faultwarren Bandits," he thought to himself. He looked over the map to find that he was quite right about that, the castle was just a short distance away and he would be able to get there quite soon. 

Randal was quite the perceptive fellow, with additional points in his searching skill, he quickly noticed small materials around the place when possible. This even translated to a keen eye for details around. What he saw here were marking placed upon the trees. Odd symbols were carved into the bark and their meanings were uncertain, regardless, they were unlike the markings of beasts, these were clearly man-made. His pace slowed to a crawl as in his experience with games, this would usually mean...yep, it was either traps and mines, or treasure. Of course, there were too many symbols around to be treasures, instead there were trip wires attacked to falling traps, decently hidden pitfall traps, and crossbows rigged to fire from a trigger wire.

"Well, this is a bandit camp that's been able to avoid NPC guards in this game, they are likely to be well-protected and take the necessary precautions."

As more time passed, Randal managed to successfully evade the traps in front of him and made it to the castle, however there was a moat around it that would make him vulnerable to attacks from above and the drawbridge was currently raised. The side walls of the castle were occasionally patrolled by the Bandits but there didn't seem to be an exploitable gap in the timings that Randal would be able to capitalize on. 

Then, Randal had a brilliant idea to fake injury in a pitfall trap, the rest were far harder to avoid but a pitfall trap was much more static. With plan in mind, Randal triggered a pitfall trap but to his surprise, there were no spikes at the bottom, in fact it seemed like a long drop into some sort of room. Curious, that the traps were obviously placed by bandits yet there were rooms reaching far out in underground tunnels. Randal decided this was a way into the castle but the Bandit leaving it open made no sense. Unless...it was a prison. Perfect coincidence, the kidnapped person should be down there as well.

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216454 6 4 17 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 00:33:55

Foraging Normal Success: 1 Material and 5 exp

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Relevant Skill information not already added:
<<Survival>> | (Healing +10% and Immunity to environment effects)

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Available Sword Arts:
[x12] ST-I (12 - 2 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x15] ST-II (15 - 2 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20] ST-B (20 - 2 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 - 2 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14] AOE-II (14 - 2 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x12 + 4] TECH-A (13 - 2 + 3 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12 + 4] TECH-B (12 - 2 + 3 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

“Oooof” Randal exclaimed in hushed tones, the drop was quite far and his knees felt the impact was more than he thought they would. 

He briefly looked up at the hole he had just clambered down, and felt like he was looking at the tall spires of the castle again. When he attempted to look around the room, it took some time for his eyes to adjust to the change in light levels, but he was pleased to note that his arrival hadn’t been announced by anything. In the surrounding cells, those that were immediate to his left and right did not have a hole above them, which means that only some of the traps would lead directly into the prison, Randal thought “Damn, luck is really on my side for finding the one that did.”

He imagines that if someone had fallen into the prison, they would definitely be disabled or paralyzed from the fall and the guards would be alerted. Speaking of which, Randal was fortunately not immediately beside the sole guard standing by at the door overlooking the prison cells.

He took his time to observe the options that he had at his disposal, he fiddled with the locks of the gates and expectedly enough, they were lock and while they had durability, which means it could be broken, the key hole was quite specific. Randal had another idea, he hoped that it would work, he didn’t really want to go banging on the cell door.

He dropped a significant amount of col onto the floor of the cell and made it appear to have been split from a bag, and then he slammed the floor really hard with his fist before quickly laying down in a fetal position, he started exclaiming, “OW! GOD! FFFFF!” 

Drawing the Faultwarren Bandit guard closer to the cell to inspect the fall. From the cell across, a young teen with light brown hair and emerald green eyes shot up from his rest and found his compatriot on the floor screaming.

The Bandit who approached the gate guffawed at the site, “Dis ere pitfall twap iz a grate addition…wait..” He was laughing to himself when he saw the col spilled on the floor. Bandits at his level were naturally programmed to be greedy, and considering his position in the gang, this could be a windfall for him. He quickly assessed the man who fell in as a non-threat and unlocked the gate with his set of keys.

The doors slowly opened and Randal rocked back and forth, grimacing so hard it made sense if he couldn’t hear the gate unlock. The moment the guard stepped a little too close, Randal quickly pushed up from the floor, kicking off the side of the wall he was closest to and swept the leg of the guard.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit #1 with TECH-A

Spoiler
216455 7 9 10 1 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Attacking FWB #1 with TECH-A 2023-08-22 00:55:38

<<Randal>> | HP: 550/550 | EN: 57/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit>> | HP: 86/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first
TECH-A hits for 19 DMG * 16 = 304 unmitigated damage + Stunned + Randal uses 13 EN
304 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 264 DMG
Faultwarren Bandit is stunned, stun cooldowns on post 7

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Available Rank 5 Sword Arts:
[x15] ST-II (15 - 2 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20] ST-B (20 - 2 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 - 2 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14] AOE-II (14 - 2 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x12 + 4] TECH-A (13 - 2 + 3 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12 + 4] TECH-B (12 - 2 + 3 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

Randal managed to get a good look at the guards face before his attack landed, that face of surprise and shock followed by pain and confusion was quite hilarious. Randal had moved so fast that the rotational force of the kick on the lower body of the bandit was enough to cause the bandit to fall sideways, face first into the bricked flooring. He wasn’t eliminated yet but he was clearly unable to stand well, stumbling on the ground with his hands and his feet, almost unable to move in general.

Randal brought a flurry of blows down on the Bandit’s head and body. Just as it seemed as though the bandit was about to get up, Randal struck down with his elbow right across the chin of the Bandit, forcing the poor guy to shatter into numerous blue glass shards. What he left behind however, was a ring of keys. Randal would need these for the kidnapped boy, now it was just a question of finding him. 

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit #1 with TECH-A

Spoiler
216456 8 6 10 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Attacking FWB #1 with Rank 1 TECH-A 2023-08-22 01:15:13

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 46/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit>> | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first
TECH-A hits for 19 DMG * 7 = 133 unmitigated damage + Randal uses 14 EN
133 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 93 DMG
Faultwarren Bandit is eliminated

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 47/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 18
Materials: 4

From across the room, Randal heard a voice. “Excuse me, could you let me out as well?” A kid was fidgeting in the cell opposite Randal’s. Seeing how it was unlikely that the boy would try to attack Randal considering that he was in a cell and likely to be on the same side against the bandits, Randal slowly began to open the gate to the cell. He asked while doing so, “Do you know anyone who had been kidnapped and brought here? I’m actually an adventurer who’s been hired to rescue someone. Should be a boy, but to be honest I didn’t get any details from the quest giver.”

“Quest giver?,” The boy seemed a little confused but not for long before continuing, “Oh you must be here for me, I must have worried my sister so much. Erm…my name Kagamine, and I was brought here because they wanted to force my sister into paying an exorbitant ransom, I’m so glad my sister managed to find an adventurer kind enough to help!”.

“Well, well, well, that’s just perfect, ended up in the prison with precisely the person I had to find.” Randal promptly thought to himself. Once Kagamine was free, the duo exchanged a handshake, with Kagamine’s being a little limp.

“Don’t be so nervous, that Bandit wasn’t too tough, come on, it looks like there’s a chest down the end of the hall.” As Randal and Kagamine approached the door where the Bandit was resting, the chest in question was sitting in the corner of the hallway and wasn’t locked at all. Inside was a sword and shield which Randal handed over to Kagamine.

There were also some materials which Randal pocketed.

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216457 1 3 13 6 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 03:00:08

Foraging Success = 1 Material and 5 exp

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Just as Kagamine was getting himself outfitted with the sword and shield, Randal perked up, there were footsteps around the corner, it seems that the Bandits were due for their rotation at this time. He heard this before Kagamine thanks to his Searching Skill which made him more sensitive to sounds and visual anomalies. 

Randal quickly put his hand over Kagamine’s mouth and pushed him into the corner beside the door’s blindspot and attacked the Bandit the moment he walked in. A viper's fast fist struck out and smacked the Faultwarren Bandit right across the chin, sending him flying towards the cell of the gate opposite of Randal. Kagamine tried to help out but was not able to make his blade connect with the Bandit, his nerves and shock from the sudden events cause his aim to be unsteady, striking the reliable floor instead. Randal followed up on his attack and approached the stunned guard, preparing to finish him off.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit #2 with TECH-A

Spoiler
216459 5 1 17 5 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Kagamine attack FWB #2 2023-08-22 03:13:10
216458 6 12 14 1 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Attacking FWB #2 with TECH-A 2023-08-22 03:12:47

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 37/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Kagamine>> | HP: 300/300 | DMG: 75 (1H) | MIT: 75 (1H)
<<Faultwarren Bandit>> | HP: 86/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first
TECH-A hits for 19 DMG * 16 = 304 unmitigated damage + Stunned + Randal uses 13 EN
Faultwarren Bandit is stunned, stun cooldowns on post 10
Kagamine attacks second and misses.
Faultwarren Bandit is stunned and cannot attack.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

It didn’t take much more, Randal picked up the Bandit by his collar and slammed him into the brick ground causing him to shatter into pieces, head first, neck second, and the rest following. Kagamine hadn’t really done much in the fight but it was fortunate that he was around just in case something happened.

“We really should get out of here and avoid as many enemies as we can.” Randal spoke quietly and quickly.

“Ok, I trust you.” Kagamine replied.

Randal took the lead and wandered around the corridor of the castle, they were still in the basement and needed to find a way out before they could think about escaping. The thought of climbing out from the pitfall trap earlier flashed across Randal’s mind but was quickly pushed. There was no way that Randal would be able to make it that far up, he hadn’t thought to use a rope to climb down and the ceiling was too high for Randal to jump up to. What’s more Kagamine probably would not be able to make the jump either.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit #2 with TECH-A

Spoiler

216460 10 1 11 9 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Attacking FWB #2 with Rank 1 TECH-A 2023-08-22 03:25:34

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 26/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit>> | HP0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Kagamine>> | HP: 300/300 | DMG: 75 (1H) | MIT: 75 (1H)

Randal attacks first and gets a major critical hit: +2 DMG
TECH-A hits for 19+2 DMG * 8 = 168 unmitigated damage + Randal uses 14 EN
168 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 128 DMG
Faultwarren Bandit is eliminated.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 27/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 26
Materials: 6

There was not much movement amidst the underground layers of the castle, the walls were lined with torches that flickered and crackled every so often, but without a map of the place, it was like being trapped in a maze with enemies from every corner. Randal had no guarantee that he would be able to ambush the Bandits all the time, nor that they would be alone, what if they patrolled in pairs. Fighting in a group was always dangerous and felt out of control. In this game, death is real, Randal had no choice but to operate with large amounts of caution. Looking back, “Afterall, it was not only his life at stake here. Kagamine was also counting on him to get them out alive.”

Randal tried every door that they passed, some were locked, while others creaked open, but there was often nothing inside, until he came across the cellar where the Bandits stored their food. If Randal had any poison and an infinite amount of time, he could wreak havoc in the castle from here, but he had neither. Pocketing more of the ingredients found around, they continued exploring.

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216462 4 7 14 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 03:38:03

Foraging Critical Success = 8exp and 2 materials

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 28/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 29

As the time slowly ticked on, the tension was getting to Randal and Kagamine, they’ve had to dodge guards a few times, take note of which doors and parts of the corridor were safe to retreat to least they got found out. The best option for them was to escape as sneakily as possible. This means avoiding as many Bandits as they could. 

Eventually they made it to a stairwell, they had travelled a long way underground. Which was probably why the prison was locked beyond the castle itself. They were finally ascending up those steps. Soon, they came face to face with a door, the climb was long, but it felt like they were finally about to be above ground. With a heavy push on the door, they were finally able to access the ground floor levels. This meant that they were that much closer to making it out of the castle. 

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216463 3 2 6 8 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging

2023-08-22 04:27:47

Foraging Failed: 3 exp

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Randal | HP: 550/550 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
(Third Turn out of combat: Energy Replenished)

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 32

The door opened to a gust of fresh air and the hallway of the castle seemed quite run-down. It was apparent to Randal that the castle was not frequented by many Bandit members, otherwise it would not appear so dusty. It looked like the two bandits they took down was part of a smaller operation that they had originally thought. With a few of them already in the underground area which Randal and Kagamine had avoided. There would only be a few more in their way before they could escape. They approach slowly, navigating the corners of the ground floor corridor with caution. 

It didn’t take the two much longer before they made their way towards the front side of the castle based on the windows outside. Randal had somewhat recognised the canopies of trees that they were coming from as well as recognized the Forest of the Wavering Mists that he had originally found the pitfall trap at. 

Fortunately, unlike the underground area, with the aid of some common-sense navigation, Randal and Kagamine soon found the grand entrance hall. This castle was clearly once owned by someone or something very rich as the entrance hall was enormous, with intricate architectural feats sculpted along the walls. It was grand and the ceiling was extremely high up, probably to accommodate the huge moat bridge that was directly connected to the door. Huge wheels attached to pulleys zigzagged along the walls which allowed anyone to easily lift the doors - something which looks enormously heavy and a little implausible. 

Congregated around the door were 4 Bandits, they seemed to be talking to each other in harsh whispers, so quiet that even Randal found it difficult to make out what they were saying, that and the fact that they seemed to be talking over each other. Randal and Kagamine shared a look, and very quickly Randal pulled Kagamine aside. 

“You should stay out of this, they might come after you and I’m more confident in taking them on myself.” Randal proposed.

With sweat racing down his forehead, Kagamine was already exhausted from walking, hiding, and climbing and exorbitant number of stairs. He nodded, letting some beads fall to the ground in relief. “Ok, I’ve seen what you can do, I’ll rush in if I think you’re in trouble.”

Randal smiled and appreciated the thought, he hoped, “Nothing should go wrong…probably.”

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216464 2 10 5 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 04:30:28

Foraging Failed: 3 exp

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 36
Materials: 8

Trying to be as sneaky as possible after leaving Kagamine around the corner, Randal slowly approached the group, but as they were facing each other, there was no blindspot that Randal could really take advantage of. The moment he drew just a little too close, the guards immediately spotted him and drew their weapons. The brandished them at Randal menacingly.

“Oi, dis muz be the rat that made Jorry and Clem disappear. Ouh you gonna pay for that.” The one in the furthest back starts to threaten. They must have realised that some of their bandit friends had disappeared. “Get him!” Another shouted.

At once they all rushed at Randal, giving him little time to think, he dodge under axes and swords they were being thrown his way. In terms of battle tactics, they were not making use of their numbers, coming at Randal from one direction when they could surrounded and attacked all at once, instead they seemed to be getting in each others way a little. Randal retreated slightly until they were trying to recover from missed swings when he flitted quickly in the middle of them and quickly delivered punches and kicks to take out as many as possible.

He wasn’t quite able to eliminate them, but he did well enough to push them back before taking a saber across the chest, he watched as his health was tickled by the attack and  smiled. This was not too bad then.

Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-I

Spoiler
216468 8 7 19 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-I 2023-08-22 04:50:46
216467 8 9 5 1 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-I 2023-08-22 04:50:43
216466 1 3 16 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-I 2023-08-22 04:50:41
216465 4 6 8 10 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-I 2023-08-22 04:50:40

Randal | HP: 523/550 | EN: 53/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit 3>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 4>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 5>> | HP: 350/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 6>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first. With additional accuracy of 4, he successfully hits 3 of the Faultwarren bandits and misses one.
AOE-I hits for 19 * 11 = 209 unmitigated damage + Randal uses 17 EN
209 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 169 DMG

The Faultwarren Bandits attack second. With an attacking accuracy of +1 and defending evasion of +3, they suffer a -2 on their MD.
3 of the Bandits miss. The last scores a major critical hit adding two to his damage.
102 unmitigated DMG - 75 MIT = 27 DMG

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Reacting to the slash across his chest, Randal leapt towards the Faultwarren Bandit, hands open reaching to grab the Bandit’s head. His fingers seemed to tighten with superhuman strength, crashing the Bandits skull and forcing the character to disintegrate into pieces. As the fading blue light started to disappear, the other Bandits seemed to roar slightly more ferociously and aggressively approached Randal. Two of them were sporting injuries from Randal’s last attack, and the other was perfectly fine. 

Unfortunately, they started to approach with my strategy this time, they tried to surround Randal, but Randal did what he could to avoid being encircled. He smirked at their attempts, knowing full well that they would not be able to catch him even in the slightest. Nonetheless, that meant that he would need to slowly maneuver his way out from the encirclement.

Randal leapt up the main stairs to get away from the encirclement to lead them away from the doors. Randal and Kagamine had not discussed this part of the plan, but if Kagamine were able to bring the gate down on his own, Randal and him would probably be able to run out and not get caught by the Faultwarren Bandits. 

Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-II

Spoiler
216472 1 5 4 5 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-II 2023-08-22 05:11:01
216471 1 11 12 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-II 2023-08-22 05:10:59
216470 1 8 19 2 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-II 2023-08-22 05:10:57
216469 8 8 7 1 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking all 4 Faultwarren Bandits with AOE-II 2023-08-22 05:10:55

Randal | HP: 523/550 | EN: 36/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit 3>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 4>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 5>> | HP: 350/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 6>> | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first. He critically misses 3 of the Faultwarren Bandits and only hits one of them.
AOE-II hits for 19 * 14 = 266 unmitigated damage + Randal uses 20 EN
266 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 226 DMG
Faultwarren Bandit 6 is eliminated.

The Faultwarren Bandits attack second. With an attacking accuracy of +1 and defending evasion of +3, they suffer a -2 on their MD.
3 of the Bandits miss.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

As Randal ascended the stairs with purpose, his keen eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for that crucial opening amidst the Faultwarren Bandits' ranks. Opportunity presented itself as one bandit lagged behind, isolated from the group. Randal's instincts kicked in, and in a swift reversal, he pivoted, unleashing a fierce strike directed right at the bandit's eyes. The brutality of the maneuver resulted in a gruesome spectacle. Though the attack induced some measure of blindness and impaired accuracy, it was a calculated risk that eliminated the bandit from the fight.

Despite his tactical successes, an undercurrent of concern began to gnaw at Randal. The power he was expanding in his relentless assault was draining his energy at an alarming pace, outstripping his regenerative abilities. The looming threat of diminishing resources weighed heavily on his mind, amplifying the urgency of the situation. Each move, while potent, came at a cost that was steadily taking its toll.

The disappearance of yet another Faultwarren Bandit shook the resolve of the remaining adversaries. One of the two hesitated, momentarily unsure of their next move. However, the other remained resolute, lunging with a well-aimed, sweeping motion that connected with Randal's foot, inflicting another dent to his health bar. The silver lining was that the bandits were not inflicting substantial damage either, a fortunate aspect that allowed Randal to continue pushing forward despite the accumulating strain.

Amidst the skirmish, Randal's thoughts raced, grappling with the delicate balance between his offensive prowess and dwindling reserves. Every decision he made, every maneuver executed, bore the weight of potential consequence. And yet, the flicker of determination in his eyes burned brighter than ever, a testament to his unwavering commitment to overcoming the odds and emerging victorious from this trying encounter.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 3 with TECH-B

Spoiler
216512 3 4 20 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 3 with TECH-B 2023-08-22 07:41:35
216514 2 2 13 8 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Faultwarren Bandit 5 attacking Randal 2023-08-22 07:43:13
216513 2 9 13 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Faultwarren Bandit 4 attacking Randal 2023-08-22 07:42:47

Randal | HP498/550 | EN: 26/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit 3>> | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1
<<Faultwarren Bandit 4>> | HP: 181/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first. He hits with BD 3 + 4 = 7
TECH-B hits for 19 * 16 = 304 unmitigated damage + Randal uses 13 EN
Faultwarren Bandit 3 is eliminated.

One of the Bandits miss, and the other hits.
100 unmitigated dmg - 75 MIT = 25 dmg

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Randal's determination surged as he unleashed yet another of his formidable attacking skills, a torrent of fists raining down upon the Faultwarren Bandit nearest to him. The dwindling numbers of adversaries fueled his growing confidence; with only two remaining, their swift defeat seemed imminent. However, a niggling realization persisted: despite his heightened morale, the pace at which his energy regenerated remained a source of concern. The final bandit would likely prove to be a formidable challenge, given Randal's current damage output and the opponent's tenacious mitigation.

Within the intricate fabric of the game mechanics, players' damage stats held an unconventional limit, rendering them reliant on the enigmatic "Sword Arts" bestowed by the game itself. This dynamic made NPCs the sole entities capable of attaining exceptionally high damage stats. An idea sparked in Randal's mind – Kagamine, the nervous NPC ally, could potentially tip the scales in his favor. A partnership with Kagamine held the promise of swift victory, with minimal risk to their collective safety.

Randal executed the intricate maneuvers of a chosen Sword Art, culminating in the decisive elimination of the Faultwarren Bandit he had relentlessly targeted. With calculated timing, he seized the opening to dart past the remaining foe, dashing towards the corridor where Kagamine had been instructed to seek refuge. Hope mingled with urgency; Randal yearned for Kagamine's unscathed presence, hopeful that the NPC had remained out of harm's way while awaiting his return.

As the suspenseful seconds stretched, Randal's heart pounded with anticipation. Each step he took held the promise of a reunion that could tilt the balance of the skirmish in their favor. The intricate dance between his strategic choices, the ebb and flow of energy, and the unpredictable dynamics of the game's world converged in this pivotal moment. The final showdown awaited, and Randal's every move held the potential to shape the outcome, as he pressed forward with unwavering resolve.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 4 with TECH-B

Spoiler
216515 6 7 6 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 4 with TECH-B 2023-08-22 08:00:42

Randal | HP498/550 | EN: 16/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
<<Faultwarren Bandit 4>> | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first. He hits.
Faultwarren Bandit 4 is eliminated.

The Faultwarren Bandit attack second. With an attacking accuracy of +1 and defending evasion of +3, they suffer a -2 on their MD.
The Bandit misses.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

As Randal dashed around the corner, a palpable sense of relief washed over him upon spotting Kagamine nestled where he had instructed. Kagamine’s trust in Randal had endured as a result of the time they had spent together, thankfully he was still in position and had not gotten himself into any other trouble. Positioned with his back to Kagamine, Randal poised himself for the impending clash, his instincts razor-sharp.

The Faultwarren Bandit pursued with relentless determination, swinging a weapon with malicious intent. Randal's agility saved him as he deftly evaded the attack, seizing an opportune moment. Swift as lightning, his hand snaked out, gripping the bandit's collar. In one seamless motion, Randal hoisted the bandit over his head and placed him atop the foe's back, a human barricade between them and Kagamine.

The command resonated like a battle cry – "Now!" Kagamine, unflinchingly steadfast, responded to Randal's directive. With sword and shield at the ready, Kagamine launched into action, his strike poised with a precision born of countless battles. A resounding collision echoed as Kagamine's blade connected with the Faultwarren Bandit's head, the impact causing a momentary stagger and inflicting a substantial blow.

Amidst the fray, a spark of hope ignited within Randal's heart. The potent combination of Kagamine's calculated strike and the damage it dealt held the promise of ending this protracted struggle. It was a realization that their synergy had the potential to transcend Randal's individual limitations. As the bandit reeled from the blow, the scene painted a vivid tableau of unity and triumph against the odds.

The air seemed to shimmer with intensity as the seconds ticked by. Every calculated choice, every movement, had converged to this climactic juncture. Randal's heart raced with a mixture of anticipation and determination, the culmination of their efforts poised on the precipice of victory. With Kagamine's presence anchoring him, Randal's resolve remained unshaken as they ventured ever closer to prevailing over their tenacious adversary.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 5 with TECH-B

Spoiler
216517 10 9 14 7 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Kagamine attack FWB #5 2023-08-22 08:12:38
216516 6 10 5 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 5 with TECH-B 2023-08-22 08:12:19

[1]Randal | HP498/550 | EN: 6/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
[2] <<Kagamine>> | HP: 300/300 | DMG: 75 (1H) | MIT: 75 (1H)
<<Faultwarren Bandit 5>> | HP: 49/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Randal attacks first. He hits.

Kagamine attacks second. He hits a major critical for +2 dmg.
77 unmitigated damage - 40 MIT = 37 DMG

The Faultwarren Bandit attack last. With an attacking accuracy of +1 and defending evasion of +3, they suffer a -2 on their MD.
The Bandit misses. 

Edited by Randal

Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

[x8] TECH-F (8 - 2 + 3 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.
Unlock Condition: Complete <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> and meet additional quest requirement.

With an uncanny sense of timing, Randal pounced on the Faultwarren Bandit as he struggled to rise, delivering a relentless flurry of blows. Each strike landed with precision, a symphony of calculated force that left no room for escape. The bandit's health dwindled, teetering on the precipice of oblivion. Randal's unyielding determination paid off, and the bandit succumbed, dissolving into a cascade of radiant fragments akin to stardust.

Amidst the luminous aftermath, a palpable sense of relief washed over both Randal and Kagamine. Their arduous struggle had finally culminated in success, liberating them from the confines of the castle's trial. It was a sensation akin to freedom, a release from the relentless tension that had gripped them. In a moment that transcended the boundaries of the virtual world, Randal and Kagamine shared a jubilant embrace. The warmth of camaraderie, an inexplicable connection forged through shared challenges, enveloped them both.

The marvel of Kagamine's lifelike emotions lingered in the air, a testament to the intricacies woven into the fabric of the game's reality. Randal's contemplations swirled, pondering the essence of these NPCs – were they merely strings of code or something more profound? The weight of this question tugged at his consciousness, challenging him to discern the boundary between artificial constructs and genuine existence.

As the dust settled, the once-congested entrance of the castle now lay devoid of Faultwarren Bandits. With the path cleared, Randal and Kagamine embarked on the task of lowering the drawbridge that marked their passage to freedom. The journey back to the Town of Flora beckoned, the promise of reunification between Kagamine and his sister offering a beacon of hope and fulfillment. The treacherous odyssey they had navigated was etched into their shared history, a testament to their resilience and a reminder that within the confines of the virtual realm, profound connections could be formed, transcending the boundaries of mere data.

Post Action - Not attacking

Spoiler
216518 8 1 17 9 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 5 with Rank 1: TECH-A 2023-08-22 08:29:21
216659 4 9 4 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Kagamine attacks Faultwarren Bandit 5 2023-08-23 01:31:13

[Note: Made a mistake of trying to use a rank 1 sword art. Converting roll to that of not attacking]

Randal does not attack.
Kagamine misses.
Faultwarren Bandit gets minor critical hit on Kagamine due to highest hate = 100 udmg - 75 MIT = 25 dmg

[1]Randal | HP498/550 | EN: 9/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
[2] <<Kagamine>> | HP: 275/300 | DMG: 75 (1H) | MIT: 75 (1H)
<<Faultwarren Bandit 5>> | HP: 49/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

[x8 + 4] TECH-F (8 - 2 + 3 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.
Unlock Condition: Complete <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> and meet additional quest requirement.

Randal wanted to execute the Bandit right there and then, however luck fell on the side of the Bandit as he had just enough sense to roll out of the way as quickly as possible, imagine a ball rolling away from a the swiping and precise paw of a cat. There was no way for the Bandit to escape in the end but he had no choice but to try. He scrambled for safety away from the coordinated strikes of Kagamine and Randal.

“What the heck!” He thought to himself, his sense of camaraderie faltering with each step he took. Now he was all alone. Each and everyone of his friends/crewmates now eliminated from the game, there was not much left that he could do. As pressure and fear crept in like an open stove with no flame, death was approaching and the Bandit knew it. There was little that he could do, running away rarely worked, and to be honest. If survived and let them leave, the leader would probably not let him off the hook either. What would she say if she came to find that he was a traitor who abandoned the cause simply to save his own life. Nonetheless, his thoughts were cut short when he was tripped, whether by Randal, Kagamine, or some random object on the floor. His body fell faster than his cognition.

Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 5 with ST-I

Spoiler
216661 5 3 11 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Kagamine attacks Faultwarren Bandit 5 2023-08-23 02:02:45
216660 3 10 11 3 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Post Action - Attacking Faultwarren Bandit 5 with ST-I 2023-08-23 02:02:28

Randal hits his ST-I: BD 5 + 4 ACC.
Kagamine misses.
Faultwarren Bandit misses.

Randal deals 19 dmg * 12 = 228 udmg - 40 MIT = 188 dmg + Randal uses 10 En

[1]Randal | HP498/550 | EN: 2/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection
[2] <<Kagamine>> | HP: 275/300 | DMG: 75 (1H) | MIT: 75 (1H)
<<Faultwarren Bandit 5>> | HP: 0/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 40 |ACC: 1

Edited by Randal

Spoiler

[1]Randal | HP: 528/550 | EN: 5/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 40

With a well-oiled pulley system, the drawbridge lowered smoothly, a testament to Randal's prior observation. As it descended, Kagamine's eagerness could be felt through his actions, his restless energy a stark contrast to the newfound calm that enveloped them both.

Randal couldn't help but chuckle at Kagamine's evident excitement. "It seems you're ready to get back to your sister, huh?"

Kagamine's response was tinged with a hint of anxiety. His voice trembled slightly as he shared his concerns, recounting the formidable leader of the Faultwarren Bandits. The imposing figure had yet to make an appearance since they had left their prison cells, casting a lingering shadow of uncertainty over the Town of Flora. Kagamine's apprehension was unmistakable, his imagination conjuring scenarios of vengeance and impending turmoil.

Randal's empathy shone through as he offered reassurance. His voice held a soothing quality as he addressed Kagamine's fears, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. "I understand your concerns, Kagamine. Your safety and the well-being of the town are both important to me. Rest assured, after I reunite you with your sister, I'll return to address the leader of the Faultwarren Bandits. We'll put an end to their thieving ways once and for all."

Randal's conviction held firm; he harbored no illusions about the leader's prowess. The henchmen had proven to be formidable adversaries, yet the leader's strength was unlikely to be insurmountable. A flicker of determination danced in his eyes as he pictured the impending confrontation, fueled by his commitment to safeguarding the town and those who called it home.

As the drawbridge settled into place, a symbolic gateway stood open before them. The promise of Kagamine's reunion with his sister beckoned, while Randal's resolute pledge to restore peace and security resonated with every step he took. With the impending clash on the horizon, their destinies converged, intertwining within the complex tapestry of the virtual realm.

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216519 3 9 18 9 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 08:42:30

Foraging Critical Success = 2 materials and 8exp

Edited by Randal

Spoiler

Randal | HP550/550 | EN: 8/70 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | LD: 8 | -2 Stealth Rating | TECH Shift | +5 Stealth Detection

Equipment:

Battle Ready Items:

Rank 2 Foraging Exp: 49
Materials: 11

The strain of battle and the harried escape had taken their toll on Randal. Fatigue tugged at his muscles, and weariness crept into his bones. Yet, the vibrant embrace of the forest beckoned to him, urging him to linger in the open expanse. A sense of yearning filled him; he desired to soak in the tranquility that nature offered, a stark contrast to the relentless urgency of their recent trials.

Despite the pressing need to reunite Kagamine with his sister, Randal allowed himself a momentary respite. The forest's gentle embrace provided a sanctuary of calm, a refuge from the tumultuous events that had transpired. With each step, he reveled in the gradual recovery of his energy, his pace unhurried, a deliberate act of self-care amidst the verdant splendor.

As the sun began its descent toward the distant horizon, Randal's heart swelled with appreciation for the beauty that surrounded him. The warm hues of the sunset painted the sky, casting a golden glow that filtered through the trees. Randal's gaze swept across the landscape, savoring the sight of the forest as it basked in the soft, amber light.

While Randal found solace in the slow-paced stroll, he was acutely aware of the challenges that nighttime travel within the forest entailed. Unlike open plains where moonlight could guide one's way, the dense canopy of trees obscured the stars and offered no reprieve from the enveloping darkness. Randal knew from experience that traversing through such an environment at night would be an arduous task, one he wished to avoid.

His adeptness in navigating through the forest granted him an advantage. The skill honed over time enabled him to move with relative ease, even in the absence of daylight. Today, this proficiency proved to be a valuable asset, amplifying his appreciation for the foresight he had developed.

For Kagamine, however, the absence of such a skill rendered him vulnerable to the encroaching night. His limitations highlighted the disparities within the virtual world, underscoring the significance of each individual's abilities. As Randal continued his leisurely stroll, he pondered the implications of their diverse experiences and capabilities, a reminder that the virtual realm was a realm of both opportunity and challenge.

Post Action - Foraging

Spoiler
216520 9 5 7 2 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Foraging 2023-08-22 08:53:37

Foraging Failed: 3 exp